Articles on this Page
- 02/16/15--13:50: _Mockingjay Part 1 D...
- 02/16/15--13:51: _John Lennon's Divor...
- 02/16/15--14:14: _YouTubeTop 5 Most V...
- 02/16/15--14:14: _Fifty Shades of Gre...
- 02/16/15--15:29: _Song of Sea directo...
- 02/16/15--15:31: _Five (3) secrets ab...
- 02/16/15--15:44: _Gemma Arterton Post
- 02/16/15--15:45: _UK's Bestival Launc...
- 02/16/15--15:45: _Style.com Exclusive...
- 02/19/15--10:55: _The Musketeers Prev...
- 02/19/15--10:56: _Kristen Bell says "...
- 02/19/15--10:56: _👑Ella Henderson👑 Pe...
- 02/19/15--10:56: _Beyonce fans contac...
- 02/19/15--11:32: _Alfre Woodard’s Osc...
- 02/19/15--11:32: _Zendaya is channeli...
- 02/19/15--11:32: _Kendall's NYFW Runways
- 02/19/15--11:33: _'Fifty Shades' cost...
- 02/19/15--11:33: _Kim Kardashian and ...
- 02/19/15--11:33: _TV Ratings Wednesda...
- 02/19/15--11:33: _Mr Jamie Dornan Pos...
- 02/16/15--13:50: Mockingjay Part 1 Deleted Scenes!!!!!!
- 02/16/15--13:51: John Lennon's Divorce Papers Up For Auction
- 02/16/15--14:14: YouTubeTop 5 Most Viewed Videos Of All-Time
- 02/16/15--14:14: Fifty Shades of Grey ends up on top: $94.4 million box office haul
- 02/16/15--15:29: Song of Sea director talks future of hand-drawn 2D animation
- 02/16/15--15:31: Five (3) secrets about King Rosamund Pike
- 02/16/15--15:44: Gemma Arterton Post
- 02/16/15--15:45: UK's Bestival Launches Toronto Edition
- 02/16/15--15:45: Style.com Exclusive: The Kanye West Interview
- 02/19/15--10:56: Kristen Bell says "Trust doctors, not know-it-alls"
- 02/19/15--10:56: 👑Ella Henderson👑 Performs Ghost on Jimmy Fallon + EW Interview
- 02/19/15--10:56: Beyonce fans contacted the FBI over unretouched leaked pictures
- 02/19/15--11:32: Alfre Woodard’s Oscar’s Sistahs Soiree
- 02/19/15--11:32: Zendaya is channeling her inner Nia Long
- 02/19/15--11:32: Kendall's NYFW Runways
- on working with the lead stars:"As much as they ever do with me, we are partners in creating an external look for a character whose inner world they're creating. My goal is to tell a story with clothing, make them look good, and make sure they are comfortable doing what ever they need to do in front of the camera."
- on how the book influenced his work:"I still haven't read the book. Sam and I agreed I should probably just deal with the story in the script and create that world.The author E.L. James was on set and around, quietly observing what we were doing and would suggest to me a certain outfit or garment that should be put into the costume plot as she believed her readers would expect those clothes. The "gray chiffon graduation dress" was one she had described in the book and felt it would be missed if we didn't do it."
on the influences for the characters' costumes:"For Christian it was international heart throbs like David Beckham and David Gandy, men of immense personal style, making whatever they wear look effortless. Ana was inspired by my desire to make her look like a real person, but the best possible version of reality. The character of Mia was just about what seems fashion forward and fun for the short scene she appears in the film."
- on working with fashion icon Rita Ora:"She was wonderful to work with, very enthusiastic, and loved to try on anything I brought to the fitting. I think we both thought the costume she ultimately wore was just right to introduce Mia and with the Prada shoes I had for her she was dancing in the fitting room. Always a good sign."
- on the one costume he's very proud about:"The peach dress I designed for Ana that she wears to dinner at the Grey family dinner was everything Sam and I had hoped for. Inspired by a dress from the 1967 film The Thomas Crown Affair, it was a wonderful combination of pretty and sexy, whether Ana was dancing with Christian before dinner or meeting the family it worked beautifully in all scenarios."
- 02/19/15--11:33: TV Ratings Wednesday: 'Empire' Soars Even Higher
Katniss and Effie
Katniss and Haymitch
official twitter + YT
A never-before-seen dossier detailing the bitter breakdown of John Lennon's marriage to his first wife Cynthia has been uncovered after nearly 50 years.
The five-page document, drafted by the solicitors dealing with the Beatle's divorce in 1968, reveals details of his increasing drug use and his affair with Yoko Ono.
It centres on claims made by Dorothy Jarlett, Lennon's housekeeper of four years, on what she saw while working at the Lennon family home Kenwood in Weybridge, Surrey.
The papers, which will go up for auction next month, also details his mood swings, aggressive behaviour towards his young son Julian and heated arguments between him and Cynthia.
Read the rest at the Source
To sum it up, John and Cynthia's former housekeeper, Dorothy 'Dot' Jarlett alledges in the document that the marriage fell apart in 1967. John began pulling away from Cynthia. Yoko would come over when Cynthia was out. John was harsh with Julian, on occasion slapping him. John and Cynthia would argue about the way their son was being raised. John drunkenly confessed to Cynthia his numerous affairs.
YouTube turned 10 years old on Saturday and the source listed the top 10 (5) most viewed videos of all time. Most are music videos and you might be surprised or repulsed at the results.
5. Charlie Bit My Finger Again
4. Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO (Some kinda witchcraft involved clearly)
3. Dark Horse - Katy Perry (She deserves this with no Grammy wins)
2. Baby Justin Bieber
1. Gangnam Style - PSY
Fav YouTube videos?
Full list at Source
'Fifty Shades of Grey' ends up on top: $94.4 million box office haul http://t.co/vAmWyKUwma— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) February 16, 2015
The film became the biggest domestic February debut ever, with a three-day haul of $85 million, beating out Jesus in "The Passion of the Christ" in 2004.
Third biggest R-rated weekend debut, behind The Hangover 2 in 2011
Highest grossing President's Day and Valentine's Day weekend opener, beating Valentine's Day in 2010.
In 58 markets outside of North America, it made $172 million, bringing its worldwide total through Monday to $266.4 million.
The budget for the film was $40 million, so you can bet your ass that sequels are being made and get ready for the possible split of the last book.
So how did that first nomination influence the direction that you took your filmmaking moving forward? Was it a motivator?
The only real lasting thing was that it was like a pat on the back from the Academy for going the independent route and kind of galvanized me to go ahead and try and make more films like that. It was a way of them saying, “We want to see more of this.” Prior that, I suppose, it’d always been in the back of my mind that at some point I’d go and get a real job, you know? [....] But once that happened you kind of feel like, “Okay, I can make a second go of this.” Of course, I had the pressure of making a second album with the first feature getting nominated for an Oscar and so… You don’t think you can ever live up to it. So it’s really wonderful to have a second nomination, and to say, “Well, maybe the first one wasn’t a fluke!” (Laughs.)
Is there something hand-drawn 2D art brings to the table that you prefer computer animation?
I think hand-drawn has a lot still to do. I think it’s a medium that hasn’t really been fully used because for a long time, people working in hand-drawn were so influenced by Disney [that] they just copied Disney. And Disney’s look was limited by the technology of the time where they had to paint cels and layer the backgrounds and shoot them with a camera. You can only put so many cels underneath. You could only paint the characters flat.
Now we’ve got this wealth of opportunity because we can use the computer to really make a hybrid style where we hand draw, hand animate, use all the language of painting and art history. And at the same time we can do loads more techniques…
You can make films with much smaller teams, much more specialized rather than having this huge factory of two hundred people painting cels. We can focus on the organic side of it and then move to the computer to help us with stuff like coloring the characters and things like that.
I think that hand-drawn animation has an opportunity to reinvent itself and do whatever computer animation doesn’t really do well.
I think that hand-drawn animation has an opportunity to reinvent itself and do whatever computer animation doesn’t really do well. And that’s basically did when photography came in. I think hand-drawn animation has huge potential that way.
But just for me personally, I enjoy drawing. It’s the language that we’ve developed here in the studio – a certain visual language, a certain way of thinking. When we develop stories and films, especially the ones I’m going to direct, I think of something that’s going to take advantage of hand-drawn animation. Not to say that we wouldn’t try computer animation if it was the right story.
I was hanging out with the guys who did Big Hero 6 the other night, and you know – that’s a movie that makes sense in CG. (Laughs.) Superheroes and sci-fi tech. It doesn’t need to be hand-drawn watercolor painted; it doesn’t make sense. Different stories for different mediums.
read the rest @ moviefail
did anyone watch song of the sea?? i need to see this
She got into character for Gone Girl by reading online sociopath fourms"It's people owning it in private, anonymously," says Pike about developing her character using fourms like sociopathworld.com."There's a feeling there that one is not unlucky to be a sociopath. I think they feel more charismatic, more empowered. Life is good, without getting hung on emotional issues."
She's proud of Die Another Day"[Die Another Day] was rocking. You could see heat from the flames. In this insane environment, we were having to perform these very technical moves. I have never been part of anything like that since."
She has a pet snake that she sometimes wears as a bracelet"People will say, 'I like your bracelet' and I say, 'Thanks, that's Oswald.'"
More secrets at USA TODAY
What is your secret, ONTD?
Gemma at the Women in Cinema lunch at the Maison Assouline in London.
Gemma at a Pre-BAFTAs Brunch
Gemma at the Charles Finch and Chanel Pre BAFTAs Dinner
IR Interview: Gemma discusses "The Voices"
New poster for The Voices
- Line UP TBA
- Taking place on the Toronto Island
- This is the first international version of Bestival outside the UK
- Bestival UK will be held in September
Source 1, 2
who would you want to play a festival in your city? what's your dream line up?
"I don’t read the reviews, because it’s some kind of backhanded compliment or something focusing on not the main point. It was really difficult to do this. It would be difficult to make a proposition this simple for any designer. So many people told me that it had to have logos or it had to have this, but I fought for exactly what I wanted in my closet. I fought for what was true to me … There are a lot of kids in the streets that have waited for someone to speak for them and what they’re doing and for them to connect with it directly. And that’s what I’m here to do. Just as the last photo showed you, I’ve got an army behind me, so unless the reviewer is recognizing the army, they’re not recognizing the tank coming. I mean, I don’t know if people felt this, but it’s too late. Like the Drake album says, if you’re reading this, it’s already too late. If you’re seeing this, it’s already
The interview is three "chapters" long and packed with plenty of Kanye-isms and fashion talk. Read the rest of the interview HERE and godspeed...
I enjoy the messy irony of Aramis being infuriated on behalf of his mistress, the Queen, as her husband, the King, humiliates her by parading his own mistress, Milady, out in public. Meanwhile the King's mistress's husband (Athos) flounces off because of his tragic uxoricidic feels. Everyone in this scenario is the worst. Also, good demonstration, your Majesty. You sure showed how one thing being in front of a second thing would block the second thing from the sun.
Messy sub-plots aside, it's nice to actually get a new episode for a second week in a row.
Second, we have a behind-the-scenes clip of the "Making of" last week's Merlin-inspired Teaching the Peasants to Fight scene. It involves a lot of Santiago Cabrera standing around in leather, for people who enjoy that:
Bonus interview with the cast from last week. Spoiler: Howard Charles is embarrassing (and possibly sexist?), Maimie is a Queen.
Finally, some of Jessica Pope's recent behind-the-scenes and promo photos from Twitter.
Are you excited about not having to wait an extra week to be disappointed, ONTD?
Kristen Bell is insisting that friends who want to hold her children be vaccinated against such diseases as whooping cough and measles. Because she believes in science, facts, and trained medical professionals, not white middle class mommy bloggers with degrees from Google U. Or, in her own words, "I believe in trusting doctors, not know-it-alls."
Excuse for a vaccination post, tbh, cuz it's been a while. Also, I made somebody on Facebook angry by posting pro-vax articles, and I'm loving it. U mad, sis?
Are you an uneducated, childless pro-vaxxer, ONTD?
video here since it won't embed
-says her album Chapter One's purpose is to make people unafraid of their own and others emotions
- bridge of Ghost was made up right on spot during recording; is proud of the finished product
- Going to be promoting in the states for a while
- Going on tour with Take That in the UK; says the experience will be "priceless"
look at your dorter slay!! peggybundy(◡‿◡✿)
source 1, source 2
Anika Noni Rose
Emayatzy E Corinealdi & Lorraine Toussaint
Khandi Alexander & Yolanda Ross
Yolanda Ross, kim Wayans & Viola Davis
Yolanda Ross & CCH Pounder
Gugu Mbatha Raw
Zoe Saldana & Rosario Dawson
GoodGal!Zen visited the DKNY fashion show during the Mercedes-Benz fashion fall week and was rocking her short hair.
Oh and Raven will appear on Z's new disney show 'K.C. Undercover', so she posted some behind the scenes pics on her Instagram.
@zendaya @disneychannel Had the time of my life on the set of #kcundercover. Bringing back memories of the days I used to work a 8-10(yea 8am to 10pm) check out disney channel for the episode when @zendaya and i(@ravensymonecp) go on a crazy adventure. It's a 2episode special!!! So much fun. Don't know who is who?! Lolol I'm on the right, Z is in the left. Hehe! Thanx to all the cast and crew!
@Zendaya #kcundercover #disneychannel. Doing things that we only dreamed of, it's been a blast working on the set this week. We r about to killem again next week girl! #unicorns
That moment when you say... Yes this is my life and yes I do this for a living... Come get it!!! @Zendaya having a great time
Zendaya thanks for your time :*
Sources 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Gif
Do you like short hair on girls?
Costume designer Mark Bridges talked to Glamour about how he designed and arranged the wardrobe for 'Fifty Shades of Grey'. He won an Oscar for his work on The Artist, and expect him to bring his a-level talent for this erotic thriller.
using a Fifty Shades post to complain about Ben and Kate's cancellation 3 years after. RIP that show.
According to the incredibly legit source both Bey and Kim has had ENOUGH of badgalriri who has been a busy girl in 2015. Not even three months in and she has already nearly wrecked not one but two happy homes. Both Jay-Z and Kanye are reportedly "sleeping in their diamond encrusted dog houses" because of their relationships with Rihanna.
The latest edition of In Touch Magazine reveals that Beyonce and Jay-Z got into a public argument over his too-close-for-comfort professional relationship with the Barbadian songstress while OK! Magazine is reporting that Kim Kardashian is not happy with Kanye's recent "overly-flirtatious" performances with Rihanna either. As a result, Beyoncé and Kim Kardashian has officially buried the hatchet and are now bonding over their common hatred of their mutual enemy: Rihanna.
The source explains, “Kim and Beyonce didn’t sit down and proclaim ‘We’re going to take down Rihanna.’ It was more an unspoken thing. They’re planning a lot of family time with their husbands and kids because the more time they are with them – the less time Kanye and Jay-Z can be out and about partying with Rihanna. They’re basically pretending to like each other so they can fill their husbands’ schedules with double dates and co-family days.”
Source also says that Rihanna couldn't care less about Kim or Beyonce. Kanye and Jay-Z are not on her radar because she is in a happy relationship with 4 times Academy Award nominee Leonardo DiCaprio.
spin off of the Fatman & Robyn fanfiction tbh
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Total Viewers (millions)|
|CBS||The Mentalist (8-10PM) - Series Finale||1.3/4||10.15|
|NBC||The Mysteries of Laura||1.1/3||5.75|
|NBC||Law & Order: SVU||1.6/4||6.37|
new/old picture from "Fifty Shades of Grey" London Premiere After Party
"Fifty Shades of Grey" promo shoot
BTS Elle Korea photoshoot (2009)
Netflix Picks Up All Rights to 'Jadotville'
Netflix plans a multi-territory release in 2016 on "Jadotville", the upcoming war thriller with Jamie Dornan and Guillaume Canet.
Commercials and video director Richie Smyth will direct from Kevin Brodbin’s screenplay and partners with producer Alan Moloney of Parallel Film.
Principal photography is set to begin in April.
“The story of how Pat Quinlan led his troops against an overwhelming force without losing a single man is one of the great stories of the 20th century, and we are proud to be working with such a talented and committed team to bring it to life,” Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos said in a statement.
Dornan will play Irish UN battalion commander Patrick Quinlan, while Canet will portray a French commander who sought to defeat Quinlan and his men.
- Jamie talks about his love for Disney’s animated "Robin Hood" (1973) and how he loves to watch it with his 15-month-old daughter, Dulcie
Q: Facebook or Twitter?
J: Twitter, I'm not on Facebook
Q: TV series or TV movies?
J: TV series
Q: Comedy or Drama?
Q: The Fall or The Winter?
J: The Fall
Q: New Worlds or New Horizons?
J: New Horizons
Q: Gray or Red?
Q: Dominant or Submissive?
Q: Favorite spanish word?
J: Amor, of course
source | source | source | source | source | source | source