Articles on this Page
- 01/18/15--16:58: _Amber Suggests Some...
- 01/18/15--17:27: _Asian American acto...
- 01/18/15--17:30: _Pixie Lott dresses ...
- 01/18/15--18:10: _All the gay sex on ...
- 01/18/15--18:44: _Pamela Adlon to sta...
- 01/18/15--18:51: _ONTD Orignal: A Lis...
- 01/18/15--19:15: _Dementor Chanteuse ...
- 01/18/15--20:07: _Harvey Weinstein re...
- 01/18/15--20:07: _Girls 4x03 Promo
- 01/18/15--20:16: _Boys are using Fran...
- 01/18/15--20:18: _Nicki Minaj's Emoti...
- 01/18/15--20:20: _Shameless 5x03 Promo
- 01/18/15--20:37: _Meghan Trainor spot...
- 01/18/15--20:38: _emile haynie releas...
- 01/18/15--21:07: _Seth Rogen against ...
- 01/18/15--21:29: _Jessie J can sing '...
- 01/18/15--21:30: _Mischa Barton's new...
- 01/18/15--22:13: _Looking 2x03 promo
- 01/18/15--22:13: _Martin Freeman beli...
- 01/19/15--17:31: _Dreamworks keeps fa...
- 01/18/15--17:27: Asian American actors on finally landing lead roles
- 01/18/15--17:30: Pixie Lott dresses up as Tiger Lily for her birthday
- 01/18/15--18:10: All the gay sex on TV makes Billy Crystal uncomfortable
- 01/18/15--18:44: Pamela Adlon to star in FX Comedy Pilot, Louis CK to direct
- 01/18/15--20:07: Girls 4x03 Promo
- 01/18/15--20:16: Boys are using Frankie Grande because he's a celebrity :(
- 01/18/15--20:20: Shameless 5x03 Promo
- 01/18/15--20:37: Meghan Trainor spotted at the Chateau Marmont last night
- 01/18/15--20:38: emile haynie releasing 12" feat. LANA, dev hynes + more 1/20
- 01/18/15--21:07: Seth Rogen against American Sniper?
- 01/18/15--21:29: Jessie J can sing 'Bang Bang' with her mouth closed
- 01/18/15--22:13: Looking 2x03 promo
- 01/19/15--17:31: Dreamworks keeps failing; More Layoffs.
- Peabody and Sherman
- Rise of the Guardians
- Penguins of Madagascar has under performed
Amber Rose sat down for a personal interview for the "Light Girls" documentary. She shared that many members of her family did not attend her wedding because of their views on African Americans.
She says, "With my family, they feel like they're more superior or better than an African American because we're Creole and we have culture and that's something I battle with most of my life. It's more of the older people in my family."
Up till this day, she is still very upset by her family's actions.
"It's such a sensitive subject that it's hard to explain yourself without sounding mean or bitter or angry, but I am," she said. "I'm angry that my family is like that and they want to pass so bad that they raise my mom and my uncles and my aunts to not fully know their culture."
She added, "Our younger generation, we've embraced it so much and I feel like that's why my father is white."
"Light Girls" premieres Monday at 9 p.m. EST only on OWN.
Conrad Ricamora landed a recurring role in How To Get Away With Murder as no specific ethnicity was attached to his character. "The guy who auditioned before me was white, the guy who auditioned after me was black. I did one scene with the casting intern and the tape circulated through to the director, to Shonda Rhimes, then the ABC team."
John Cho's character Henry Higgins on Selfie was originally written for an older British guy.
- Ricamora calls the portrayal of his gay character progressive: "Instead of [the show] being about an Asian guy who has sex with his white boyfriend, or it being labeled a 'gay' situation, it was just about a couple in love. That in itself is progressive."
- Ricamora, half German/half Filipino, on standard of attractiveness:"The standard of attractiveness had to do with being white. You could be the hottest Asian or black guy, but if you're not the white guy, you're almost less than or a second-class citizen. But, now people's perceptions of what is sexy is broadening. And, mine is too. I didn't have a lot of Asian-Americans to look up to, like, 'Oh, wow, he's hot,' or 'She's hot.'"
Daniel Henney, half Irish/half Korean, grew up in a mostly white community in Michigan and went to Korea to find work: “In Sam Soon, I was a terrible actor. But, then I really fell in love with acting and learned the very craft. It was nice that I was able to make my mistakes while I was younger and in another country."
- Henney's character, Agent Zero, in X:Men Wolverine was originally written for a German actor.
- Henney on landing lead roles:"The Asian man has been desexualized, and [that's] something I always fought against. If you spend time in Asia, there's a lot of amazing male actors who are very sexy and talented."
Harry Shum, born in Costa Rica and is Chinese, on his character in Glee: "If you are given that stereotypical role, make something out of it. Chang was molded into a character that wasn't there yet, but I made it specific. It could have easily gone [the stereotypical] direction."
Harry Shum on not focusing too much on his ethnic background:"John Cho is extremely admirable in that sense. On [Selfie], he's allowed to be in this world and be this dude who happens to be helping this horrible person. No one's looking or pointing out his race. I'm like, okay, there's this Asian-American lead that we need."
Pixie Lott dressed up as Tiger Lily for her birthday and threw a 'Cowboys vs. Indians' birthday party...This is how internet reacted:
“Sometimes, it’s just pushing it a little too far for my taste and I’m not going to reveal to you which ones they are.”
“I hope people don’t abuse it and shove it in our face… to the point where it feels like an every day kind of thing.”
- Pamela Adlon will be starring in FX comedy pilot Better Things, which she created
- Louis CK will be directing, both will be writing the pilot
- plot is about "Sam (Adlon), a working actor trying to earn a living, navigate her three daughters' lives, having fun with a friend or two, and also — just maybe — squeezing in some sex once in a while. Her life is funny to watch, but you wouldn't want to live it (except sometimes)"
- eight-episode fifth season of Louie will premiere on Thursday, April 9 at 10:30 PM
- Adlon is a two time Emmy nominee for her work on Louie
So the past couple of weeks, we have had a bunch of different ONTD Originals. One in particular what about being cheated on. To blame the men and women who have hurt us, who have put us down, and who have seriously fucked us over. Now, I bring you the list of songs that talk about the other side of heartbreak and cheating: this includes unintentional cheating, contemplative cheating, intentional cheating, and everything in between. Gender does not matter here. Sexuality does not matter here. You can interpret the songs however you want, just as long as you allow others to interpret it the way they want.
15.) "Get Another Boyfriend" - Backstreet Boys
There's nothing that he's worthy of
He's just another playa',
Playin in the name of love
I've seen enough, now this must come to an end
Get another boyfriend"
Oh, Backstreet Boys. Quit playing games with my heart. You guys were detrimental in the 1990s/2000s rejuvenation of pop. And that's pretty much where you stayed. You're working on nostalgia, and no matter what anyone says, it ain't bad! So here we have five guys telling someone that they need to break up with their man because he is a player. (players gonna play, play, play, play, play) But can we all guess who the new boyfriend should be? Which one of the five boys? Or is it all five boys? Can you handle a hexalogical relationship? Getting pent-etrated?
14.) "You Belong With Me" - Taylor Swift
That I'm the one
Who understands you.
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see—
You belong with me"
We all know Taylor. We all know her songs are the personifications of every angst-filled individual who believes that the world revolves around her. So this song is so damn appropriate to add to the list. Knowing full well that the other person doesn't see her as a potential lover (at the moment), she goes out of her way to list reasons as to why she makes the perfect candidate. You gotta give it to her. Home girl is persistent, assertive, and knows what she wants. Some may say she is mean, she is acting fifteen, but you can't deny the girl has a blank space ready.
13.) "Human" - Human League
I just needed someone to hold me
To fill the void while you were gone
To fill this space of emptiness"
Let's take it old school for a minute. We all make mistakes, right? We fuck up. We have our moments of weakness, and unfortunately, not everyone is strong enough to resist the urge. This is seen in long distance relationships, short distance relationships, any kind of relationship. None are excluded. Human League covers that well. A callous error, where physical enjoyment and comfort of another body excels what your heart and soul (kidding, we have no souls...I meant brain) are telling you. It's funny to pair this song up with "Don't You Want Me" another song by Human League. It tells a story.
12.) "(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right" - Luther Ingram
In loving a married man
If I can't see you when I want to
I'll see you when I can"
You all know this song. You might not know Luther's version, but chances are you have heard someone's cover of it (and if you haven't then click and listen to this masterpiece). Luther is a married man. A father. Two kids. Oh hell no. Well, that isn't stopping him. Luther wants it. He wants to get it on, and he knows that it's wrong, and he doesn't give a damn. So, fess up, who here has been with a married person (known to you, or unknown at the time)?
11.) "Homewrecker" - Marina and the Diamonds
They call me Homewrecker
Homewrecker (I'm only happy when I'm on the run)
They call me Homewrecker
Homewrecker (I broke a million hearts just for fun)"
Marina (who I hope manages to break into the US, because it's about damn time) really takes an interesting take on homewrecking. I guess you can see this song being about how she fucks up every relationship she is in, and there really isn't another person outside of the two, but that's no fun. The way I see it, Marina loves to go around breaking up relationships and she knows that none of them are going to lead anywhere serious, so she scurries off and ruins other relationships. It's all about power and control with this one. There may be a lot of fear and loathing in Las Vegas, but not in Marina's heart.
10.) "Cola" - Lana Del Rey
We can escape to the great sunshine.
I know your wife, and she wouldn't mind
We made it out to the other side [3x]
Come on, come on
Come on, come on
Come on, baby."
Let's get one thing straight; I'm not. Okay, let's get another thing straight, Lana is a gold mine for daddy issues, cheaters, cheatees, and every other conformist/non-conformist issue you can think of, all wrapped around bouncy (albeit sometimes immature) lyrics. So it was hard to pick, but I landed on Cola. Lana is all about having her growler taste like a carbonated drink. Not only does she fancy older men, but she fancies older men who are taken and take her on a trip (you can interpret that to mean either along the lines of drugs or an actual trip somewhere on his motorcycle, because you know that's what happens in these Lana songs).
9.) "Unfaithful" - Rihanna
And it kills him inside
To know that I am happy with some other guy
I can see him dying"
Oh, Rihanna. You're a bag of surprises. You have great music. (but come on, your fillers need to be cycled out) When you have 7 albums out, you have a lot of topics that have been covered. But what's the topic most talked about in songs? Love. What specifically? Heartbreak. But here comes Rihanna, switching it up on us, and singing about how she is not the one who will be having their heartbroken tonight. No. It's her man. Sorry, booboo. You're a murderer, and you definitely just shot a man down.
8.) "Confessions Part II" - Usher
Just when I thought I said all I could say
My chick on the side said she got one on the way"
Ursher. YEAH! OKAY! Usher fucked up. He is in a relationship with someone, and he cheated. Worse than cheating, he got the woman he was cheating with pregnant. That just brings a whole other fucking dilemma into the world. He goes on a rant about why he fucked up, and you have to give it up to Usher. Considering this is part two of the song, he really had a lot to tell it all. I'm not including part I of Confessions because no one cares, and it's a shitty song anyway. Sorry! (I'm not)
7.) "Misery Business" - Paramore
But I got him where I want him now.
Whoa, it was never my intention to brag
To steal it all away from you now."
Don't judge me for this, but I had to include it. This is a vulture anthem. What's a vulture? Let's get zoological for a minute (and not like that, guys, this ain't a secret post). A vulture is someone who swoops it at an opportune moment to take the carcass for scraps. Essentially, it's a person who gets someone right after they ended their relationship to start anew. It could be a rebound (for sex) or a rebound (for a relationship). Chances are slim that the new found glory will last. Ain't it fun, though?
6.) "You Know I'm No Good" - Amy Winehouse
Your rolled up sleeves in your skull t-shirt,
You say 'what did you do with him today?',
And sniffed me out like I was Tanqueray,"
What's worse than having someone tell you that you're no good? Having to tell yourself that you aren't any good. To know that you are a mess, that you are complete trouble, and that you will hurt the ones closest to you must be a troubling situation to deal with. In this song, the late, the great, the Amazing Amy knows all of this too well. There are so many ways you can take this song. Break it down between verses, or make it one straight shot of a meaning. Whatever works for you. With me, I see it as Amy going between her man, who are in a temporary break, and her ex man, who she fucks around with for the time being. She knows it's fucked up, but she continues to do it. Why, Amy? Why? I bet she was wearing her fuck me pumps while this all went down.
5.) "O.P.P." - Naughty by Nature
And you just had to stop and just 'cos he look just as nice
You looked at him, he looked at you and you knew right away
That he had someone but he was gonna be yours anyway"
I mean, who else can sample a sweet and innocent song by the Jackson 5 (it's ABC, if y'all couldn't tell) and turn it into a raunchy sexcapade anthem of cheating, being the other person, and every other mess that's involved. Who doesn't know the chorus to this song? You down with OPP? Oh, and by the way. Let's just clarify what OPP means. It could mean "Other People's Property", "Other People's Pussy" (woman's anatomy) or "Other People's Penis" (man's anatomy). Look at this progressive song. Showing that everyone is capable of cheating. And hey! It's basically an GSD/LGBT+ song, since genders are stated, but anyone could be singing it.
4.) "Get It On Tonite" - Montell Jordan/"Esta Noche" - Azealia Banks
Let's go somewhere and get it on tonight
I've got a girl but you look good tonight
It's one on one tonight, tonight"
A bad bitch do it like this
I entice, I supply what your girlfriend can't provide
That tight grip twat, I got that slip and slide"
So this is a two-fer. Montell is a cheater. He's got a girl at home, and he goes out and picks up another girl. Then you have Azealia (oh, Azealia...we are all praying for your hate-filled soul) who is being the other woman (or she could also have a girl at home, or she could have a man at home, who knows, you interpret it however you want, she is bisexual, so it could be absolutely any of the three interpretations, or more!) getting it on with your man, because you have a tight twat and she has that slip and slide. This leads to a discussion of whether you have to get it on tonight with someone who is tight or slippery when wet. Bad bitches do it, eh?
3.) "He About to Lose Me" - Britney Spears
He says he in love but lately I just don't know
He don't see me or make me feel hot
Banging in the club with all of my ladies and he don't know that
He about to lose"
Ever meet someone while you're out with your friends, and you have this insane chemistry with them? You forget about everything bad, because the time you are spending with this special person takes absolute precedent over everything else? That's great. Too bad Britney had someone waiting at home, so she was in a very sticky situation while dancing with stranger guy over here. This song crosses on a border of what you would consider cheating. Does it have to be physical? Can it be intellectual? Emotional? That's for you to decide! Girl, don't try to front, you know just what you are. I'm gonna hold it against you till the world ends. Work, bitch!
2.) "Call Your Girlfriend" - Robyn
It's time you had the talk
Give your reasons
Say it's not her fault
But you just met somebody new"
This beautiful song is talking about this guy has met the woman of his dreams. There's only one problem; he already has a girlfriend (isn't it ironic.mp3?). So what does Robyn do? The thoughtful person she is, she tells the guy what to say to his girlfriend in order to break it off with her. Put it down gently, but make sure she knows it's over. Every time I heard it, I would always imagine it being about a bisexual guy who has to break it off with his girlfriend. Definitely love pairing this song up with Be Mine! It's eerie, eh? How you can pair songs up by these artists, that aren't even from the same era, and how they flow so perfectly? Robyn deserves a monument for this.
1.) "The Boy is Mine" - Brandy and Monica
You need to give it up.
Had about enough.
It's not hard to see,
the boy is mine.
I'm sorry that you
seem to be confused.
He belongs to me
the boy is mine."
Ever got into a fight over a man or a woman? How about a rap battle? No, let's make it even better...a duet on the song with the trifling ho who stole your man (or woman)! When I was young, I really thought Brandy and Monica were talking to the same guy and this was a way for two strong women to come together and talk about how they want their man, and then soon realizing that he was two-timing them, in which they eventually get it on together and live a happy life (pretty much fueled with the fact that Brandy played Cinderella and I would have wished that Monica played the Prince(ess)). This, for me, is the best song dealing with this topic. Not only does it take into consideration to two people being played, but it's also one of the most genuine collaborations ever made. It isn't just someone coming into a studio, singing or rapping for half a minute, and it's done. No. This was a beautiful back and forth dramatic moment for the two where a song that just makes you want to cry was born. Have you ever loved somebody so much you get into a singing battle with someone else?
I, in no way, shape or form, condone the actions of those listed above.
Do you believe in the saying, "once a cheater, always a cheater" or are you of the second chances type where you can forgive, but never forget?
Talk about all your relationship problems below. Whether you were a cheater, being cheated on, the other person, baby drama, sexing it up with a married man or woman, or someone you just shouldn't be with? This is a safe haven. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the songs and stories.
Share whatever songs you think correlate to this post. Free reign, y'all!
My iTunes/Spotify library
In a new interview with Macleans (a Canadian publication), the 'Stay With Me' chanteuse talks about feminism, LGBT issues, body issues and his phoenix-like success.
- on artists such as Chaka Khan and Whitney being #gayicons:"Of course! As a young teenage man struggling with my sexuality or loads of [pressures] in school, they helped. Being a gay kid is pretty s–t sometimes. When I would hear Chaka Khan or Whitney Houston, that would give me the power I needed to get through the day."
- on Boy George's declaration that "it is hard for an openly gay man to truly be himself in the pop arena because “you can be seen as camp, but you can’t be sexual because it scares people.”":"I don’t know yet. Boy George has been famous a lot longer than me. He’s seen a lot more. I’m still figuring that out for myself."
- on #feminism and why men should embrace it: "I am a feminist because I grew up in a really untraditional way. My mom worked in the city and my dad stayed at home. That alone made me see things in a different way. I saw my mother struggle. She was one of the only females in her line of work. It was hard and difficult for her. It’s still difficult and I have massive respect for women. You see so many women working in higher positions but it isn’t where it should be in terms of equal rights. I also have two little sisters so that helps me [embrace it]."
- on bringing class back into pop:"I want to bring class into mainstream pop. I want that timelessness back. It just makes sense when you sing soul. When Frank Sinatra was 20 years old, he was in a suit. So I want to be in one too."
- on body issues: "One hundred per cent. I’ve always had issues with my weight. When I’m going swimming and someone prints a photo of me with my top off, I get sick in my mouth. I’m very proud that I don’t look like a pop star. I don’t want to."
full interview @ source
- Dame Judi Dench got her huge international break in movies produced or backed by Hollywood authority Harvey Weinstein. In gratitude, the great actress got “JD loves HW” tattooed at her butt. Weinstein said: “She took me to the Four Seasons Restaurant. She said ‘I’ve got a surprise. You’re a guy who has everything. I don’t know what to get you’. Judi Dench unbuckles her pants and on her bum, as you say, ‘JD loves HW’, a tattoo. “She said ‘I put your name on my ass’.”
Girls 4x03 "Female Author" - Hannah's one class a week leaves her with a lot of free time; Elijah visits Iowa.
Loves. I learned an important lesson 2night. People will use U. Cause they are desperate and lost. So just move on, forgive, and FORGET. ✌️😔— Frankie James Grande (@FrankieJGrande) January 16, 2015
it's just become really difficult for me to figure out which boys are out for me as a person or me as a celebrity & tonight I was let down.— Frankie James Grande (@FrankieJGrande) January 16, 2015
I'M NO LONGER IN THE #BB16 HOUSE! STOP LYING 2 ME & TOYING WITH MY AFFECTIONS! I'm a REAL person with REAL emotions. THIS life isn't a game.— Frankie James Grande (@FrankieJGrande) January 16, 2015
thank u for all ur support & love. honestly w/ all this confusion w/ Zach & other boys in my life its been a bit of hell. but I'm on my way.— Frankie James Grande (@FrankieJGrande) January 16, 2015
thank god I love and have you all..........— Frankie James Grande (@FrankieJGrande) January 16, 2015
sometimes its hard to keep singing when people want to do nothing but seal your light... but that's my role so i will CONTINUE TO SHINE!!— Frankie James Grande (@FrankieJGrande) January 16, 2015
so ill leave you with this. when idiots throw shade. shine brighter. because you are so much better then they will ever be. i love you all.— Frankie James Grande (@FrankieJGrande) January 16, 2015
Nicki Minaj's Emotional Ride: 5 Highs and Lows From MTV Doc 'My Time Again' http://t.co/BuATtbaPDc— Rolling Stone (@RollingStone) January 16, 2015
Meghan Trainor was seen leaving the Chateau Marmont last night with a "mystery man" at her side.
- emile has produced some of your favorite songs in recent memory
- he set up a studio in his chateau marmont hotel room and just invited musician friends to "jam"
- releasing a 12" tuesday of some sessions, with an lp coming later this year
1. Falling Apart (feat. Andrew Wyatt & Brian Wilson)
2. A Kiss Goodbye (feat. Charlotte Gainsbourg, Sampha & Devonté Hynes)
🚨🚨🚨 3. Wait for Life (feat. Lana Del Rey)🚨🚨🚨
4. Come Find Me
5. Falling Apart Dub
6. A Kiss Goodbye Dub
you can hear "a kiss goodbye" utc
American Sniper kind of reminds me of the movie that's showing in the third act of Inglorious Basterds.— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) January 18, 2015
The movie Rogen is referring to is the fake "Nazi's Pride", a Nazi propoganda movie in which Hitler and other Nazi generals are slaughtered in a theater, in Tarantino's movie Inglorious Bastards.
What do you think? The source also wrote, "Comparing a biographic film of an American hero who not only saved the lives of countless American soldiers but also died trying to help another to Nazi propaganda might not be the best way to sell DVD copies of “The Interview.”"
Coming your way Feb. 17th, blu-ray/DVDS release of THE INTERVIEW! Pre-order today ya'll! pic.twitter.com/gijtLmLSWw— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) January 15, 2015
Note that the BluRay is called "Freedom Edition"
what's your secret talent, ONTD?
- tells The Independent that he's only keen on doing 'Sherlock' because it has a short season and comparing it to American standards, it's pretty short. "It's not eight months of our year, and it's not every year. It's so intermittent. That's what for me makes it do-able. I don't know about Ben but certainly for me it would soon lose a lot of its appeal if we were schlepping that around for eight months of the year, every year. A bit of the sheen would have gone off it."
- He says he appreciates the fandom and love but he's annoyed at the fangirls always on/or near the filming set. They would always clap or shout whenever the two leads come out or appear etc etc.
- He doesn't miss playing Bilbo Baggins. "That's the question I was asked 40 times a day: 'Do you miss Bilbo?''No, I don't, because I'm not mentally ill.' Well, I am, in many ways! But I'm not deluded – I don't think he's real, and I don't think I am him."
source / full interview
"While the precise number of people who will lose their jobs has yet to be finalized, the number is expected to exceed the 350 layoffs that occurred in 2013 after the studio shelved production of the movie "Me and My Shadow."" (Which may still be back on)
They've had to write down
The studio isn't admitting to anything, but are expected to layoff animators, storyboard artists, and other production people.
How to Train Your Dragon 2 won the Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature and is up for the corresponding Oscar.
More @ source | 2