Articles on this Page
- 01/17/15--17:13: _Batman v Superman w...
- 01/17/15--17:35: _Oscar-nominated Lev...
- 01/17/15--17:54: _Stephen Fry marries...
- 01/17/15--18:07: _Controversy Erupts ...
- 01/17/15--18:35: _So ya man cheated [...
- 01/17/15--19:14: _FRIDAY BOX OFFICE!
- 01/17/15--19:31: _Fitness Post ft. Sa...
- 01/17/15--20:00: _RUMOR: Britney film...
- 01/17/15--20:15: _Little BTS look at ...
- 01/17/15--20:23: _SNL Post: Kevin Hart
- 01/17/15--21:18: _trailer for Taylor ...
- 01/17/15--21:45: _Box Office King Res...
- 01/17/15--22:02: _POP EMERGENCY: Prin...
- 01/17/15--23:39: _zayn malik gets a h...
- 01/18/15--16:17: _Ryan Murphy is 'rei...
- 01/18/15--16:18: _Kit Harington Wants...
- 01/18/15--16:19: _ONTD fave Lena Dunh...
- 01/18/15--16:20: _Britney Spears' ex ...
- 01/18/15--16:40: _Denis Leary present...
- 01/18/15--16:57: _james franco waxes ...
- 01/17/15--17:13: Batman v Superman will make cinema history, says Henry Cavill
- 01/17/15--17:35: Oscar-nominated Leviathan upsets officials in native Russia
- 01/17/15--17:54: Stephen Fry marries Elliott Spencer
- 01/17/15--18:35: So ya man cheated [Break Up Songs Post]
- 01/17/15--19:14: FRIDAY BOX OFFICE!
- 01/17/15--19:31: Fitness Post ft. Sara Sampaio
- 01/17/15--20:00: RUMOR: Britney filming a Super Bowl commercial
- 01/17/15--20:15: Little BTS look at Will Friedle's Episode of Girl Meets World
- 01/17/15--20:23: SNL Post: Kevin Hart
- 01/17/15--21:18: trailer for Taylor Lautner's movie 'Tracers'
- 01/17/15--21:45: Box Office King Responds to "American Sniper" Critics
- 01/17/15--22:02: POP EMERGENCY: Prince of Pop Shares battle with Introvertia
- 01/18/15--16:17: Ryan Murphy is 'reinventing' American Horror Story season 5
- 01/18/15--16:18: Kit Harington Wants To Play Batman
- 01/18/15--16:20: Britney Spears' ex killed in Afghanistan by the Taliban
- 01/18/15--16:40: Denis Leary presents Liz Gillies as breakout star of new show
- 01/18/15--16:57: james franco waxes poetic on his friend lana del rey
-"We're making cinematic history, we're doing Batman, we're doing Superman and it's all happening at the same time.
- 1st Russian film to win GG since War and Peace in 1969
- Film has been criticized as being anti-Russian
- Director Zvyagintsev: “But of course it’s a film about Russia. It’s a very Russian film … We live in a feudal system when everything is in the hands of one person, and everyone else is in a vertical of subordination.”
- Orthodox activist Kirill Frolov who wants the film banned: “Leviathan is filthy libel against the Russian church and the Russian state. I would stop worrying that we are supposedly restricting freedoms, we don’t need to justify ourselves. Leviathan is evil, and there is no place for evil in the cinema.”
- When it gets its wider release in native Russia, it will be edited according to the anti-swearing legislation, which Zvyagintsev called “a stupid, idiotic rule that has not been thought through”.
- No government figures called the director to congratulate him on his prize. There was also almost no mention of the victory on state media, in stark contrast to the usual reaction to any Russian victory on the international stage. When pop singer Dima Bilan won Eurovision 2008, he was immediately called by the then president Medvedev, and celebrated across state tv.
- Pro-Kremlin political analyst Sergei Markov: “This film is part of the new cold war the west is fighting against Russia. This is an anti-Russian film basically made according to a western order, a cinematic anti-Putin manifesto. It’s a shame that talented people made it, but when talented people are on the side of evil, then people will be cold towards them. I think viewers will ignore this dark, hopeless stuff.”
Stephen Fry married Elliott Spencer, 27 year old comedian. Stephen is 57.
Stephen certainly seems happy and that's all I'll say about that.
A casting announcement which revealed the next actor to take over the reins of "The Phantom" in the Broadway production of The Phantom of the Opera was met with controversy this week due to the fact that the upcoming "Phantom," James Barbour, pled guilty in 2008 to endangering the welfare of a minor with sexual contact.
In 2001, the time of the incident, Barbour was performing in a musical adaptation of Jane Eyre. The student, who was from Barbour's home town, met with Barbour backstage towards the end of the show; the girl's drama teacher had arranged for the teen and her parents to have a special visit to the theater. During his hearing, Barbour admitted that he met with the girl alone in his dressing room and fondled her, while knowing that she was only 15 years old. He also admitted to engaging in oral sex with the 15-year old at his apartment the next month. Barbour was 35 years old at the time of the incident.
In 2006, Barbour's victim came forward to press charges. Initially, Barbour claimed in a signed statement to the police that he had only kissed the girl and touched her knees, while she wanted to go further with oral sex and sexual intercourse, which he refused to do because she was 16 and that he felt their relationship could get "dangerous". Barbour's lawyer then argued that their gag order prohibiting the victim's name from being published be lifted so that they could "put up a hot line with her (the victim's) name on it (and place it) in the newspapers. We believe that this alleged victim has made these false allegations before." Their request was denied due to the fact that there was no 'good faith' basis for the suggestion that the victim had a history of making false allegations.
In 2008, Barbour accepted a plea deal and pled guilty to two misdemeanor counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
Ronald Fischetti, Barbour's lawyer, claimed after his client's guilty plea that they accepted the deal because Barbour would have had to register as a sex offender if convicted of the felony sex charges--“which basically would have ended his career.” Although he was only convicted of a misdemeanor and sentenced to 60 days of jail with 3 years of probation, the judge imposed further conditions that are similar to those faced by people convicted as sex offenders, such as requiring Barbour to attend treatment for sex offenders and inform any directors/managers/producers of his conviction and that he had “engaged in oral sexual conduct and sexual contact with a 15-year-old child" for the duration of his probation.
After the casting announcement was made on various social media platforms, including the production's official Twitter and Facebook, many people began expressing disappointment and shock over the production's decision to cast Barbour.
The show's PR team put together an official statement on their Facebook, defending their decision due to Barbour's "talent" and "spotless reputation" since he was convicted of having sexual contact with a 15-year old.
"PHANTOM has the best fans in the world and we are deeply appreciative for all of you and listen to all comments posted here. We are of course aware of the reaction to the announcement of our newest Phantom for Broadway and want to respond to you. James gave a tremendous audition and we are confident he will be a thrilling Phantom. James fully accepted responsibility for what happened 14 years ago. Following his sentence in 2008, James resumed his career, starring in A TALE OF TWO CITIES on Broadway. In the seven years since then, he has appeared in countless productions in New York and around the country, receiving great acclaim, and maintaining a spotless reputation. Additionally, he has been an active member of the Broadway community, giving his time to numerous charitable causes. While we know some will disagree, we believe James has completely honored the second chance he was given beginning 7 years ago and we are happy to have him join the production next month."
[source: information from NYTimes, Playbill,Playbill 2, write-up is in my own words]
**Avoid this post if you have slow internet**
Love is one of those things that a lot of us search our whole lives for. Despite what the media tells us, most relationships won't end in happily ever after. Instead of keying their car or drinking until your liver gives up, breakup songs can ease your soul so you don't end up the drunk person at the party crying about their failed relationships. Hopefully this post of songs will get ya through <3
Denial & Isolation
Tyrese - How You Gonna Act Like That
Mario Winans - I Don't Wanna Know
Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
Blu Cantrell - Hit 'Em Up Style
Bruno Mars - Grenade
Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
George - Lie to Me
Adele - Someone Like You
Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
Sources:          
There's about a billion songs that could've been in this post (this also lowkey turned into a post about relationships in general oops). For the sake of my own sanity I had to categorize the list somehow. Post your favs from all genres! Share your stories! Happy Saturday :)
Daily chart from The Numbers
Tomatometer from Rotten Tomatoes
How was your Friday night, ONTD? Are you doing anything fun tonight or tomorrow?
Hello, ONTD, and welcome to this weekend's fitness post. We are all eachother's fitness buddies here, so ask and answer questions, tell us your goals, where you're at, what you want to do, what you don't want to do, and keep eachother updated!
This week, in an interview with i-D, Sara shares her new years resolution, fitness tips, and a little about herself (hey, you might fall in love with her and she just may end up being your fitness leader). i-D went as far as creating helpful videos of her training her perky little ass off, which I've included in this post.
"To understand your body, know your shape and what you want to achieve from it. Also, be realistic with your goals. You should never try to look like someone else, but try to be the best version of yourself. In my own case I don't need to do much cardio, I do more resistance training."
"I hate working out, I'm going to be honest. I'm lucky enough to work out with personal trainers that motivate me. I also find it easier when I don't have my trainers, to find a workout buddy, and go to classes together. In the end, just find a sport you enjoy, try a lot of things and classes, eventually you'll find something you won't hate as much."
Sneak peak at the interview, which can be read at the clean, organized, non-laggy source:
What are your new year's resolutions?
How long did it take you to get in shape when you first started training?
How often do you work out?
What are you favourite foods/meals?
What do you listen to when you work out?
What's your dream modeling job?
What would you be doing if you weren't modeling?
What was it like walking in the Victoria's Secret show last December?
When do you feel sexiest?
Do you ever get self-conscious?
This surfaced on Twitter tonight after someone (allegedly) spilled the beans. She then deleted the tweet
-May explain why Britney has been seen @ the dance studio all week
-Britney's Army (lol) is speculating that it's a commerical for her POM shows
What do you think, ONTD....plausible rumor or just speculation??
SOURCE + my random lurking
just a rumor mods, but I'd sure love to see Brit do one again! :)
Will's coming back as Eric Matthews on this season of Girl Meets World. The writers had a not so cryptic tweet last month about an upcoming episode that's titled Girl Meets Mr. Squirrels. The exact date hasn't been announced yet, but it's been shot and the cast shared these pics of Will's visit. He mainly does voice acting works now, notably with Batman Beyond and Kim Possible.
The kids on the show and the writers posted a couple set pictures.
Rowan's InstaA Writer's TwitterPeyton's Twitter
August's TwitterWriter's Twitter
Will looks extra cute!
Or go to http://tvpc.com/ChannelList.php and look for NBC
I'll add more as the season goes on.
Quick Gifs & Caps:
Or just search the #snl tag on tumblr.
this looks so good!!! i think that this movie will propel my sweet tay tay into the upper echelons of action stars!! gooooooo taylor!!!!!!!!!!!!
“And for me, and for Clint, this movie was always a character study about what the plight is for a soldier. The guy that I got to know, through all the source material that I read and watched, and home videos—hours and hours—I never saw anything like that. But I can’t control how people are gonna use this movie as a tool, or what they pick and choose whatever they want."
read his full statement. I don't agree with everything he says, I wish the movie had ended up like he acts like it ended up. Idt the Republican Clint Eastwood was the best director for this.
which Prince of Pop wrote a blog post to his fans detailing his battle with being an introvert in an extrovert kind of world?
find out under the cut
The pint-sized pop tart put together a post on his official ass website after he got a ton of concern about his whereabouts from his fans(The Arch Chuletas)
David ass had to say
I was always having to put myself out there because everyone was hounding me to do it. It was very unnatural for me to do it, because I have come to realize that I’m a very introverted person. Constantly forcing myself to be talkative, animated, on the camera, etc. for the sake of all of you getting to know me only pushed me into a corner of letting all of you get to know someone who wasn’t even myself. It has really bothered me over the years.
Gwen at the source's comment section had this to say about the 'Crush' hitmaker
David Archuleta has and still is such an example and inspiration for all of us. True to himself and his beliefs. This blog took a lot of courage to write and exose his heart and I for one, will always be here waiting to hear him sing, listen to his stories and feel his beautiful heart. We love you David and don’t you ever forget
Yeasss Queen Gwen, get that chuleta
Archie thanks you
Buy Crush on iTunes Now
ONTD, are you more of an extrovert or introvert?<Source/span>
Here Ya go pic.twitter.com/T9XofRz1S9— zaynmalik1D (@zaynmalik) January 17, 2015
in a surprise to absolutely no one, zayn decided to forgo growing his hair out in full like bandmate harry styles, and instead went for the classic sensitive fuckboy topknot/undercut combo™; once again cementing his status as the most versatile and undoubtedly most attractive member in 1d.
zayn was also caught in the studio with producer/friend/brown yoko ono naughty boy, as well as producer shakil ashraf and singer emeli sande. could a future solo album be in the works?
@naughty_barry: #naughty_barry #studiolife @naughtyboymusic
and true to his self-acknowledged creeper self, zayn's been spending a lot of time tweeting lots of cute fanart that he's undoubtedly found on tumblr. how long will it take for the larries to leak his tumblr url, ontd?
Sick ... pic.twitter.com/dfHu6bvoBA— zaynmalik1D (@zaynmalik) January 18, 2015
(Image source: Huebucket)
FX chief John Landgraf has said the next season of 'American Horror Story' will be very different from its predecessors.
"I know what it is, but I can't [say]," he told TV Line. "I have to let [series boss] Ryan [Murphy] do his thing on that. But it's very different."
"One of the things I love so much about that is that it can be radically, radically reinvented in terms of tone, setting, period, characters, cast.
"I think there's going to be an unusually large reinvention in between Book 4 and Book 5 relative to, say, between Book 3 [Coven] and 4 [Freak Show]."
He also hinted that the series will take place in the current day.
the quote in question came as a reply to a suggestion Apatow is obsessed with Cosby's allegations :
" It’s sort of like saying someone’s obsessed with the Holocaust. It’s not “I’m so angry about Hulk Hogan’s sex tape.” This is a huge issue, and it speaks to the way that we abuse power and the way that celebrity allows for injustice. Everyone else has gone, “Let’s hope it’s not true.” Chris Rock, who’s an incredible guy and who has a strong sense of social justice, has basically said, “We’ll see.”
ontd are you ready to love the new political correct Lena?
The magazine is not yet out but she was preemptive and went to explain herself in instagram .
Maybe this is result of hiring PMK*BNC vet Cindi Berger and Judy Smith, the crisis manager who inspired Kerry Washington‘s “Scandal” character.
you can read tidbit here:
-Britney and John met at Alcoholics Anonymous in 2007
-he helped her overcome her drug and alcohol addiction
-they dated for a few months but remained friends
-according to sources, Britney Spears is devastated
-Britney Spears and John Sundahl dated briefly again in 2014
full article at the source:DAILY MAIL
At Sunday’s Television Critics Assn. press tour Denis Leary made note of the break-out potential of his 21-year old Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll co-star Elizabeth Gillies.
Gillies, 21, willl play Leary's daughter in the FX series which premieres this April. She reportedly blew him away at her audition with a performance of an Aretha Franklin song. Of casting the role he said, “I had to have a girl who could really sing rock and roll, and would be willing to sing live on set because I wanted the vocals to be recorded live. I really wanted to capture the vocals live. Any audience at home now knows if you’re faking it. She was completely f—ing unimpressed by me. Every time I threw something at her, she threw it back in my face. She was unbelievable.”
Gillies formerly starred as Jade West on the Nickelodeon series "Victorious." Leary is hopeful that her fanbase will carry over and boost iTunes sales for the series' original songs: “My secret evil plan is that Liz Gilles has so many f—ing fans from when she was on Nickelodeon, that’s gonna put us over the top on iTunes.”
Her voice is amazing & she was so underused on Victorious. So glad we'll be getting to hear more of her from this.
"Lana is one that has been so disappointed by life, she had to create her own world." - James Franco
- his introduction to lana was her snl performance: "it wasn't great [...] But she never wanted to be a live performer anyway. If she could have, she would have made her music, and her videos, in her room forever."
- "Lana lives in her art, and when she comes down to earth for interviews, it gets messy, because she isn’t made for this earth. She is made to live in the world she creates. She is one who has been so disappointed by life, she had to create her own world. Just let her live in it."
- lana spends much of her time alone bc fame has given her trust issues
- lana has an idea for a film reminiscent of sunset boulevard and james wants to direct
- "I wanted to interview Lana for a book and she said, 'Just write around me, it’s better if it’s not my own words. It’s almost better if you don’t get me exactly, but try.'"