Articles on this Page
- 05/04/16--14:48: _The Flash Roundup -...
- 05/04/16--14:48: _Indian actress Lesl...
- 05/04/16--14:49: _Tabloid Cover Wedne...
- 05/04/16--14:49: _Mumford & Sons coll...
- 05/04/16--14:49: _Madonna wore millio...
- 05/04/16--14:50: _Blac Chyna™ tradema...
- 05/04/16--15:43: _Celine Dion To Perf...
- 05/04/16--15:46: _Megan Fox is the ne...
- 05/04/16--16:23: _Kylie Jenner Featur...
- 05/05/16--09:41: _Charlie Hunnam Eyed...
- 05/05/16--09:45: _ONTD Roundup
- 05/05/16--10:28: _Kate Upton's fiance...
- 05/05/16--10:28: _Underground (WGN) -...
- 05/05/16--11:22: _Bates Motel 4x9 pro...
- 05/05/16--11:22: _Massive damage as f...
- 05/05/16--11:22: _Ariana's Dangerous ...
- 05/05/16--11:23: _New York Times on B...
- 05/05/16--11:48: _Little Mix's Perrie...
- 05/05/16--11:48: _#CANTSTOPTHEFEELING...
- 05/05/16--12:20: _Top 10 Foreign Roma...
- Says she recently found out she is distantly part Khoisan through DNA testing
- Claims that Khoisan people are not considered black (they are) but uses being part Khoisan as proof that she is part black similtaneously
- Claims the black community accepts her as black because she gets mistaken for black in America
- Says she's not considered black in South Africa because she's Indian and white (...)
- She says she and her family are from the African continent which makes her African
- She says she wasn't suggesting herself to play Baartman, even though the Twitter user she responded specifically asked her what she thought about taking on the role
- Points out that Storm from X-Men is Kenyan, where there are mixed people (which doesn't change the fact that Storm is not mixed)
- She says she hopes we aren't cyberbulled because that was not her intention in posting this, but does not bother to block/censor our usernames
- 05/04/16--14:49: Tabloid Cover Wednesday
- 05/04/16--14:50: Blac Chyna™ trademarks her name
- 05/04/16--15:43: Celine Dion To Perform At Billboard Music Awards
- 05/04/16--15:46: Megan Fox is the new face of hit mobile game Stormfall
- 05/04/16--16:23: Kylie Jenner Features On Her First Song!
- 05/05/16--09:41: Charlie Hunnam Eyed For ‘Papillon’ Remake
- 05/05/16--09:45: ONTD Roundup
- Adele Worships Beyonce
- Kanye Believes Kim is the Reason Why People Accept Interracial Relationships
- Jay Z is Working on an Album to Tell his Side of the Story
- Blind Item: That New York Rumor
- Woody Allen gives a creepy interview to The Hollywood Reporter
- Janet Jackson Pregnant With Her First Child 2 Weeks Shy of 50th Birthday
- ONTD Original: Your Pop Faves Best Album Cuts
- Yesterday's ONTD Roundup
- 05/05/16--10:28: Underground (WGN) - season finale promo
- 05/05/16--11:22: Bates Motel 4x9 promo "Forever"
- 05/05/16--11:22: Massive damage as fire engulfs Black Sails set
- 05/05/16--11:48: #CANTSTOPTHEFEELING sneak peak!
- 05/05/16--12:20: Top 10 Foreign Romance Films
The Flash 2x21: Official 'The Runaway Dinosaur' Episode Description & Promo Pics
In the official episode description for next week, expect to see the return of Girder (and Iris being a badass), and also a guest spot from Jason Mewes of Snoochie Boochies fame! This will be Kevin Smith's first directorial episode for The Flash, however... see the next item on the Roundup agenda for more on that!
With Barry (Grant Gustin)
incinerated to make way for the Superior Flash & Quick gone, the team must figure out a way to handle the return of an old enemy – Girder (guest star Greg Finley). Realizing Girder is retracing his steps from his last attack, Iris (Candice Patton) volunteers to act as bait to trap him in S.T.A.R. Labs. Meanwhile, Barry fights to return to his old life, Henry is one dad too many, Harry has a plan, Iris is amazing and gives us wardrobe envy, water is wet, the sky is blue, etc etc.
Kevin Smith directs. Original airdate 5/10/2016.
Kevin Smith Isn't Done With The Flash...
Ahead of his May 10th episode 'The Runaway Dinosaur', it has been confirmed that Kevin Smith is set to return to the Central City Director's Chair again in Season 3A!
Smith previously stated (as quoted at source) that working on the Flash has been his favourite directorial work. Ever.
This Week On: 'The Flash Cast Doing Stuff & Things On Social Media'...
Again, not a huge amount happened as filming has finished for the season (they're back on set in July!), but we had a few pics related to the episode, and the cast generally chilling.
candicekp Can't take this ish seriously to save my life. More beer please. 🍺🏌
teddysears New Flash ep tonight. Back to Earth-1...
violettbeane Are Wally and Jesse okay?? @cwtheflash
violettbeane Some cool BTS from tonight's epi of our stunt peeps. Ow!
keiynanlonsdale #TheFlash is on tonight ⚡️ 8/7c @cwtheflash
violettbeane ICYMI: Make sure you go onto CW FanTalk's site and watch the latest interview starring me and all of my glorious faces...
Eugene Byrd plays Andy Diggle on Arrow, and he and Nick Gonzalez, aka Hotass Dante Ramon aka Rupture are buds irl!
Kid Flash got MOVES!
keiynanlonsdale #happyinternationaldanceday 🏃
Candice is also an Ambassador for The Innocence Project! Bless this True & Worthy Queen! ❤
Shout-out to Mr. Laudel's class at Success Academy in Harlem who can't take a decent pic without losing it. Kids.. pic.twitter.com/qZnR7K7OaB— Carlos Valdes (@Tha_Los) 29 April 2016
Tom Cavanagh Visits DC All Access:
Previews the DC TV shows, and
Everyone's fave Actor-Who-Plays-The-Future-Husband of your Good & Noble OP dropped by DC All Access to chat THE FINNAAALLLLEEEEEEE in 3 eps time. And also to play with himself, ahem. Check him, and it, out!
Sources:Carlos Valdes Twitter, Candice Patton Insta, CP Twitter, Violett Beane Insta, VB Insta, VB Insta, Teddy Sears Insta, Keiynan Lonsdale Insta, KL Insta, Eugene Byrd Twitter, DC All Access, Promo Pics, Episode Description, Kevin Smith
Have you ever been INCINERATED by someone you trusted and looked up to, ONTD Flash Fam? ❤
Quick background information -- In South Africa where Lesley Ann is from, any mixed raced person of any racial combination is "Coloured". Some Coloureds are mixed with black, but she is of Indian and European descent
She spends most of her response going in off topic detail about the history of Cape Coloured people but ignores what she was actually being criticized for -- which is her acknowledging she is not black (which she actually does in this post) but wants to play black roles. What was a simple criticism she made into a confusing matter to frame myself and my friends as ignorant, whom she of course now needed to "educate" out of the goodness of her heart.
Firstly, saying some one needs to get Saartjie Baartman's story right hardly says that I'm in any way able to play her. While it would be a dream role for any South African actress, Saartjie Baartman was Khoi, (one of the native light skinned tribes in South Africa who are not considered black even today but who would be considered black in America). They are a First Nation people who have very specific facial features and no one but a Khoi actress should even attempt telling that story. Period. In my opinion, not every actor/actress of color can play every ethnicity, but particularly historical figures as is the case with Saartjie Baartman. Hers is a South African story but more specifically, it is a Khoi story.
I actually recently explained to my manager why I could not audition to play Winnie Mandela in an upcoming tv mini series. She is Xhosa, I am not. In fact, I suggested that beautiful South African actress, Terry Pheto should be who they hire. She would be perfect. Secondly, I'm South African, a women of color who is mostly thought to be a light skinned black American here in the US and it is a beautiful thing because I am accepted, for the most part, as fellow woman of color and as member of a community who have roots, history and a voice regardless of the different mixes they have within their own community.But back home, in South Africa, I'm not black. The government specifically classifies me as not black. Because of my accent, my features, where I was born, my spoken languages (English and Afrikaans) and skin color. Unlike America, in South Africa, if your father is black and your mother is white, you are not black. If your mother is black an your f
ather is asian, you are not black , if your mother is indian and your father is black, you are not black. If American's who are mixed go to South Africa, you wouldn't be seen as black either...I'm sure you get the picture.
You are what South African government considers to be Coloured, a mixed raced group in South Africa. It's hard to grasp I know. I had no idea the world knew nothing about my people until I moved out of South Africa. I also had no idea that you could be mixed and still be considered black. I was 17 so forgive that ignorance at the time. I have British, Indian, Dutch, Spanish and I recently found out through DNA testing, I have Khoi, which is very common for my people and which is personally exciting to know that my ancestors are in fact tied to Africa. As I mentioned, Khoi is a first nation tribe, as is the Khoisan, the Khoi Khoi and the Griqua. As is the case with Aboriginals in Australia, the Moari in New Zealand and Native American Indians in the US who are also first nation people. So basically these are the native tribes, ( Khoi, Khoi Khoi, Griqua, Khoisan), of South Africa who the Dutch first met when they landed on South African soil. But in the eyes of the government both pre apartheid and post apartheid, they are not considered black and are barely recognized in our history books. You see, there is to this day, a race classification, historically imposed by the old apartheid government for my mixed people. That classification is called Coloured as I mentioned earlier. It is spelt differently and has a different meaning than it does in America. This mixed race group of South Africans are made of black African tribes mixing with Indian, Dutch, Filipino, British, German, Chinese, Iranian, Italian, (the list goes on) AND with each other. During the slave period, South Africa never exported slaves like the rest of Africa. In fact the country welcomed political prisoners from around the world who started mixing with Dutch and British settlers, local South African tribes (Khoi, Khoi Khoi, Khoisan, Griqua and eventually the Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho, Tswana, Pedi, Venda, Ndebele, Tsonga, Pondo Swati) and each other, and then their children mixed and so it went on, giving birth to my community. While I don't really look to Wiki for information usually, this page is a good source to help give you a more in depth perspective. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coloured
We are considered to be one of the most genetically diverse race groups in the world. It is why Hollywood shoots in South Africa so much, that and the exchange rate. We literally look like the rest of the world. But to this day we continue to be treated as second class citizens in our own country. Children are unable to go to university based purely on their race , jobs are not available to the Coloured community, based purely on their race and the quoters imposed on businesses in South Africa and 21 years on, my people, the same people who marched, who were killed, who protested along with our black South African brothers and sisters and who supported our beloved Madiba, Nelson Mandela, and his dream of free country, well, they are still in exactly the same place they were all those years ago. Not white enough in the old South Africa and not ancestrally black enough in the new South Africa. To give you an idea of how this all works, if you are apply for a job, you specify on
your application if you're black white or black or Coloured. If you open a bank account your ID Number ( Social Security number), says whether you're white, black or Coloured, which like your social security number, you need for mortgage applications, driver licenses, loans, credit etc.
Which brings me back to why I am responding to your tweets. Educating people on my country and its unique people is important to me because well, there is an entire generation of mixed raced kids in my home country who have no voice, no hope, no future, IF South Africa continues with a corrupt ANC government who are not working in the best interest of ALL its country's people. This is not the same Mandela lead ANC government and I know the state of affairs in South Africa, the government fraud and racist legislature was not what he stood for and was not his vision for our country. There was a promise made that once we ended apartheid, once we gained our democratic freedom as a country, we would be welcomed as part of the majority. Sadly, that has not happened. So supporting a documentary that educates the world on the struggles of my people and their history is exactly that and has nothing to do with American history, this is South African history.
Thirdly, Africa is a continent. I am African not just by ancestry but by location. Just like America is a location and people are still considered American. I was raised on the African continent as was my parents. my grandparents, my great grandparents and their parents. And in Africa ladies, not just South Africa, we come in all shapes and sizes, with different physical features, different languages, different cultures and variety of colors. It's a beautiful thing and I celebrate it as a proud South African. As Archbishop Desmond Tutu so perfectly said, we are the rainbow nation. Fourthly, regarding your "casting couch" comments, they are not only ludicrous and completely out of line, but quite sad that is all I'll say on the matter.
Finally, I do not want any of these women to be bullied on social media, I do not condone that behavior and it is not the point of addressing any of this. So again, with kindness, my hope is that these ladies, and you, all walkaway from this exchange little wiser on South Africa and that we should celebrate what makes us different but also what brings us together as citizens of they world. Ps Storm is Kenyan born I think. They have mixed people there too. 😉#spreadlove#notokeyboardcourage#proudlysouthafrican#proudlyafricanborn🇿🇦❤️
Mumford & Sons have been working on a mini-album with Senegalese legend Baaba Maal, Cape Town pop group Beatenberg and British-Malawian jazz-fusion artists The Very Best. The collaborative EP titled Johannesburg will be released on June 17, 2016.
The EP was inspired and written in South Africa during the Mumford & Sons tour this past January & February. It was recorded in Johannesburg over two all-day-and-night sessions and includes five songs that, according to Marcus Mumford, feature Afrobeat rhythms over Western songwriting, with vocals in the native languages of Baaba Maal and Esau Mwamwaya of the Very Best.
Zumic gives "There Will Be Time" a 4.5 rating:
"What makes this collaboration very special, is the objective behind it. Mumford and Maal come together to demonstrate unity through music. The song and the performance itself is tremendously empowering, and is a must see for fans of the band. The stylistic blend of Western-African pop and alternative folk rock contrast, but also compliment one another to create something truly unique."
You can listen to a 10-minute interview with Mumford keyboardist Ben Lovett about the collaboration here.
OR you can listen to some amazing Senegalese music right here (this post is 50% an excuse to post these songs ngl)
Mumford & Sons are currently on tour, a full list of dates is available on their website.
ONTD, have you accepted African music into your iTunes library yet / can we make this a music post?
Headpiece Madonna wore, wasn't actually a headpiece, but jewelry designer Neil Lane was very happy with the way Madonna played with it.
“What they did it was their idea. That was their concept. I gave them free range. I presented them with chains, but when it came to how they put it and where they put it it was up to them. It was a great surprise for me when Madonna walked on the red carpet and I saw what she’s done with my stuff.”
Madonna and her team actually cleared the red carpet and made sure no one else is on it while Madonna made her big entrance. Other A-listers had to wait for Madonna to have her pictures taken (Katy Perry, Kim and Kanye, Naomi Campbell, Solange and all the designers)
Blac Chyna -- Back Off, Strippers ... You Can't Touch This! https://t.co/os2YQdyD7x— TMZ (@TMZ) May 4, 2016
- the world famous & highly relevant instagram star has filed paperwork to block tricky strippers and schemers from cashing in on her good name.
- Blac Chyna™ is making sure she has the exclusive right to promote products, TV appearances and movie deals with her household name.
- The docs were filed just 2 weeks before she got engaged to Rob.
Have you trademarked your relevant name yet, ONTD?
Celine will be singing Queen's "The Show Must Go On"
She will also be receiving the Icon Award which has also been given to 4 other artists. The artists that have the award are Prince, Neil Diamond, Stevie Wonder and Jennifer Lopez.
The Billboard Music Awards is set to be on Sunday, May 22nd.
There will be an interview airing to M6 on Tuesday, May 24th for French television.
She will give an English interview as well soon, but no date or time has been set.
She also did a recent photoshoot
• The Native Tiger lends her flawless likeness to the new mobile title Stormfall: Rise of Balur.
• OP downloaded it already and was disappointed to find that someone else did the voice acting.
• TV spots are coming.
• Her favorite games are Halo and Uncharted, but she doesn't play anymore.
• She says she'd like to play Lara Croft (@sony, kick that flop alexa vega or whoever out now thanks!)
Click the link in the tweet for the full interview + promo pics
ONTD, what is your favorite mobile game?
that one line she sang really souned like the voice in this song. i still think it's her and she hired some band to pretend it's them and she's gonna expose herself it one day.
this song has been on repeat for WEEKS.
- Hunnmam take Steve McQueen's role ( a man unjustly convicted of murder in 1930s France and condemned to life in a South American prison)
- movie is based on book "Papillon"(1969) wrote by Henri Charrière
- The 1973 original "Papillion" stars Steve McQueen as Henri "Papillon" Charrière and Dustin Hoffman as Louis Dega
Original version is one of my fav. McQueen movie and i don't need a flop remake. I can't imagine how Hunnam would replace McQueen.
For Wednesday, May 4, 2016:
At the Met Gala Kate Upton revealed that she and Detroit Tigers pitcher, Justin Verlander, are engaged. US Weekly had Mark Kenney, vice president of marketing for fine jewelry company Ritani evaluate the ring and he said that it appears to be a round 8-carat diamond “set in a six prong setting with even more diamonds throughout.”
- Freddie chose the title ("Unfaithful") for the episode, "it plays on that sense of there being a marriage of sorts between Norman and Norma", "it’s up to the audience to decide whether it is being unfaithful to their relationship and who is the one who’s the more unfaithful"
- Norman misjudged Romero’s intentions and was sorta trying to protect Norma from Alex because of what happened to them with Norman's dad
- Norman, unlike Mother, still has a moral compass, "You absolutely hate someone, but you’re not driven toward murder because you have that thing in the back of your brain that’s like, “No, maybe that’s not such a good idea"
- Freddie is trying to make us think that Norman was genuine in his scene with Emma
Keery Ehrin, the showrunner, interviewed Highmore as well, pretty much the same points but funnier and cuter:
Freddie held a Facebook Q&A before the episode.
Because Facebook embedding is unreliable here are some screenshots.
Norman and Norma try to reconnect as they plan for the future; frustrated by Norma’s blind eye, Romero and Dylan decide to take action for Norman’s own good.
As Norman plans a special event for Norma, Romero faces pressure from all sides over his actions. Dylan considers reaching out to Norman, but wants nothing to do with Norma.
The episode was brought to you by aspiring writer Freddie Highmore
Sources:1, 2, 3, 4, 5; Facebook Q&A: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.
- There was a fire at the Cape Town set, evidently causing "massive damage in which at least one of the Black Sails ships burnt", though Starz & Black Sails execs are not revealing which ship it was
- The fire was contained quickly and did not lead to further damage outside of the one destroyed ship according to the CEO of Cape Town Film Studios
- The cause of the fire is unknown
- It took several hours to get the blaze under control
- No one was hurt
- Details regarding what effect this will have on S4 production are completely unknown
oh my god. this is so devastating and heartbreaking. those beautiful ships! hoping they can bounce back quickly from this and that it doesn't lead to any significant delays
'Dangerous Woman' is projected to become Ariana's 3rd #1 album. HDD is estimating a 200k debut upon its release. pic.twitter.com/cyFbGE0eMd— Shady Music Facts (@musicnews_shade) May 5, 2016
HITS Daily Double is reporting that Ariana Grande's third album is set to be her biggest debut yet, expecting a 200k+ first week in the US alone. Ariana's been teasing the release of the album's final promo single, "Into You", which will be dropped tonight at midnight.
Into You snippets (via snapchat)https://t.co/yvecMwAzkL— Ariana Grande Today (@ArianaTodayNet) May 5, 2016
Source 1 | 2 | 3
The New York Times did a fabulous piece on Britney Spears' life 8 years into the conservatorship and ponders if she's ready to be set free.
Is Britney Spears ready to stand on her own? https://t.co/IpfBO9MbdV— New York Times Arts (@nytimesarts) May 4, 2016
- Britney has been under a conservatorship since 2008
- conservatorships are normally reserved for the old, mentally disabled or extremely ill.
- Britney isn't the typical conservatee, think Zsa Zsa Gabor or Kacey Casem towards the end of his life. Amanda Bynes who had her own public troubles was under a temporary cship but is now free.
- ex boyfriend David Lucado (2013-2014) pops up and says she's a great mother and would rather be remembered as such than as an artist. says if anybody saw her interactions with her kids they'd realize she does not need to be under a personal conservatorship
- ultimately the people who would decide (lawyers, doctors) whether to end it currently receive fees from Britney's estate so there's little incentive for them to end it
- Spears' court appointed attorney has made over 2 million dollars since its inception in 2008 and currently receives $475 by the hour
- her father rakes in 130k yearly plus gets his office and other bills paid. he also makes 1.5 percent of the millions she rakes in from her Vegas deal
- other attorney's handling the financial cship, her father's affairs, etc have made nearly 7 million!
- Britney opposed it in the beginning by reaching out to another lawyer back in 2008 to fight it however it is believed she ultimately accepted it for the sake of her children & having access to them.
- she also expressed that it felt like prison back in 2008 in an MTV special but has said very little about the arrangement since then. interviewers are screened, shy away or aren't allowed to ask questions about it.
- friends & former associates now say she has accepted it as a way of life. since it's inception some restrictions have been eased & there were plans for more extensive allotment of freedom years ago however those have stalled.
- the article goes more in depth about her troubles that landed her in the cship and how she's thrived since then, going on two world tours, maintained a Vegas residency, albums, etc
Here's a podcast where the writers talk about the story if anybody is interested:
When you lose yourself in the music 🎶 Love a cheeky sing song to myself, LOL 🙈 Perrie <3https://t.co/jP9vjBL2PT— Little Mix (@LittleMix) May 5, 2016
sources: 1, 2
9. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (India)
7. Amour (France, Austria & Germany)
5. L'Avventura (Italy)
2. A Very Long Engagement (France)
What's your favorite foreign (romance) movie??