Articles on this Page
- 04/07/16--20:46: _Scandal - Til Death...
- 04/07/16--20:46: _The 100 - 3x11 Prom...
- 04/07/16--20:46: _Who Won The Final S...
- 04/07/16--20:47: _Sara Bareilles and ...
- 04/07/16--20:47: _#BomaniJones of @ES...
- 04/07/16--20:55: _How 'Broad City' go...
- 04/07/16--22:04: _Pac Sun files for b...
- 04/07/16--22:04: _New 'Civil War' TV ...
- 04/07/16--23:20: _Russell Simmons dem...
- 04/08/16--11:56: _The Americans showr...
- 04/08/16--12:38: _25 of the craziest ...
- 04/08/16--13:38: _Batfleck confirmed ...
- 04/08/16--14:38: _Zayn's tragic 2nd w...
- 04/08/16--14:38: _will.i.am announces...
- 04/08/16--14:38: _Vikings 4x09 Preview
- 04/08/16--14:39: _Demi Lovato Goes Of...
- 04/08/16--15:10: _Kanye Makes History
- 04/08/16--15:22: _Hendall's back?
- 04/08/16--15:22: _Nicolas Cage and Vi...
- 04/08/16--15:36: _Bruce Springsteen C...
- 04/07/16--20:46: Scandal - Til Death Do Us Part - Promo
- 04/07/16--20:46: The 100 - 3x11 Promo - Nevermore
- 04/07/16--20:46: Who Won The Final Season of American Idol?
- 04/07/16--20:55: How 'Broad City' got Mara Wilson for its Mrs. Doubtfire spoof
- 04/07/16--22:04: Pac Sun files for bankruptcy
- 04/07/16--22:04: New 'Civil War' TV Spot and Potential Solo Spider-Man Film Title
- 04/08/16--11:56: The Americans showrunners explain that shocking death
- The showrunners had been planning Nina's storyline and death since Season 2.
- Once Nina left the US for the Soviet Union she was never going to come back, as that would have been too "outlandish".
- The writers consulted Farewell: The Greatest Spy Story of the Twentieth Century by Sergie Kostin for details about how prisoners who committed espionage in the Soviet Union were executed.
- Oleg's father will very likely find out about Nina's death.
- This season will be one of "chickens coming home to roost" and will be very intense. (!)
- 04/08/16--12:38: 25 of the craziest moments in MTV movie awards history
- 04/08/16--13:38: Batfleck confirmed to be writing solo Batman movie
- Zayn debuted at #1 in the US with 112k pure sales and 157k SPS
- Zayn debuted at #1 in the UK with 17k pure sales and 22k SPS
- According to Hits Daily Double, he approximately dropped #1-7 with 16k pure sales and 43k SPS in the US
- The 112k-16k pure sales drop would be an 86% drop, the 2nd biggest after Madonna's 87% MDNA drop
- Official Charts UK says Zayn dropped #1-9 with 5k pure sales and 7k SPS
- 04/08/16--14:38: Vikings 4x09 Preview
- 04/08/16--15:10: Kanye Makes History
- 04/08/16--15:22: Hendall's back?
- 04/08/16--15:22: Nicolas Cage and Vince Neil got into an altercation
- Announced Friday on his website that he is canceling the NC show in opposition of the law, saying that it is "an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all our citizens to overturn that progress"
- Executives at Apple, Facebook, Starbucks have signed a public letter asking Gov. McCrory to repeal the law
- Paypal canceled plans to open offices in Charlotte, NC that would've employeed over 400 people.
- The Obama administration is considering whether the law makes the state ineligible for federal aid
This summer, the following "all-star cast" of Disney's "The Little Mermaid In Concert Live To Film" will perform songs from the Oscar and Grammy-winning, Tony-nominated score live on stage as the 1989 Disney classic plays on the Hollywood Bowl screen:
+ Grammy nominee Sara Bareilles as Ariel
+ "Pitch Perfect" star Rebel Wilson as Ursula
+ Emmy nominee Tituss Burgess reprising his Broadway role as Sebastian
+ "Grandfathered" star John Stamos as Chef Louis
+ Tony nominee Norm Lewis also reprising his Broadway role as King Triton
👀 Warbler Darren Criss as Prince Eric
Sara Bareilles on Instagram: "I'm sorry to keep posting about this but my 12 year old heart is pumping so fast I don't have any restraint. For my 12th birthday I saw this movie at the Eureka theater. I have been pretending I was Ariel trying to do that cool leap-dive-dolphin swim thing she does in every swimming pool I've been in ever since. The score remains one of my all time favorites and getting to sing this song while the movie plays behind me and this unbelievable cast might be the coolest thing I could imagine. Thank you for letting me vomit my joy."
Sara Bareilles took the stage at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre to keep the audience entertained during a break caused by a technical snafu at the March 30 preview of "Waitress." Here, they all sing along to "Part of Your World" from "The Little Mermaid."
Source 1 + 2 + 3
ESPN to Bomani Jones -- Please Cover Up 'Caucasian' Shirt https://t.co/2mAYdSSsAF— TMZ (@TMZ) April 7, 2016
Context and transcript from The Raw Story:
Bomani Jones is a sports journalist at ESPN and he was on one of their shows wearing a shirt in a style similar to that of the Cleveland Indians logo. Except it said Caucasians on it. When asked about it by ESPN host Molly Qerim he said he wore it “because it was clean.”
He went on to say, "the reason they won’t get rid of Chief Wahoo — it’s completely indefensible — is because they can still sell stuff with it,” Jones added. “They can say they’re going to deemphasize it, but they’re not going to set money on fire.”
“If you’re quiet about the Indians and now you’ve got something to say about my shirt, I think it’s time for introspection.”
People on twitter are pissed, calling him racist. The saga of denying respect to AmeriKKKa's First Nations continues.
I won't post the original logo of the Cleveland Indians because I don't want to. For some semi-related background:
You can purchase the shirt here, thanks oldgurl for the tip! The site may be down though due to traffic (BLESS!)
How have you pissed off some racists this week, ONTD?
This week’s episode went for a recreation of the climax of Mrs. Doubtfire — the scene in the restaurant with Robin Williams’ character running back and forth between two tables, except this time it’s Abbi running between Ilana’s parents’ anniversary dinner and a secret date with Trey.
- Mara had recently followed Abbi Jacobson on Twitter who then told her they were doing a Mrs. Doubtfire scene on the show. Despite not having any real interest in acting anymore, she volunteered to do a cameo as the waitress.
- Said she almost forgot what a long process filming was and that the crew kept apologizing to her that the shoot was taking a long time (2 days). She reassured them that the real Mrs. Doubtfire scene took 2 weeks to complete.
More interview at the source
-Has debt of $160 million and shares that dropped 90% in the past year
-Does not plan on closing any of their stores
Looks like Marvel was inspired to do an official version of this well-made fan edit.
It seems that Sony Pictures has recently registered the domain nameSpiderManHomecomingTheMovie.com which suggests that Spidey's solo film might be entitled, well, Spider-Man: The Homecoming. Exciting, I guess.
Sources: YT, TheWeekUK Twitter
-Bill Clinton has come under fire for his comments on Black Lives Matter.
-Clinton said that Black Lives Matter protesters are defending drug dealers and murderers.
-Russell Simmons tweeted, demanding an apology from Bill Clinton.
Summary of interview, placing it under a spoiler cut just in case:
Apparently the only show to handle death correctly this week. Your faves could never, bow down.
Sacha Baron Cohen propelled down from the ceiling and landed on Eminem’s lap.
Pink, Lil’ Kim, Mya, and Christina Aguilera performed “Lady Marmalade.”
Lindsay Lohan ripped off her baggy clothes before performing a very Britney-esque hip-hop routine.
Reese Witherspoon went on a rant about sex tapes, naked pics, and reality shows.
T.A.T.U.’s performance ended with hundreds of girls kissing onstage.
-Kevin Smith confirmed on a recent podcast that Ben Affleck is writing the script with DC comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns
-A draft is already written, supposedly "a really cool Batman idea"
-WB's recent October 8th, 2018 spot might be the release date.
1.On a scale of 8-10, how much do you want Grant Morrison's run to be the basis for the next Batman movie, ONTD?
2. How terrible IS Geoff Johns?
3. Do you bleed? You just played yourself.
-Whilst at Capital FM, will.I.am announed that the Black Eyed Peas will be reuniting.
-"Yeah…so…yes…There will be a Black Eyed Peas reunion,"
-He thinks it sad that he has to announce this news in the first place because they should never have stopped making music together.
As they near Paris, the Vikings relaunch their boats, but this time they bear interesting structures made by Floki; Aethelwulf and Alfred arrive in Rome, where honors are bestowed by Pope Leo, but in Wessex, relations are less than cordial between King Ecbert and a disgruntled King Aelle.
Demi Lovato goes off on Stalker Sarah: "you are a 20 year old fame LEECH" pic.twitter.com/cTpAafzEKl— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) April 8, 2016
After posing with Madison De La Garza, Demi's little sister, Demi posted a series of comments on Stakler Sarah's Instagram. Greatest hits include: "This is my 14 year old baby sister. You are a 20 year old fame LEECH. She is not your babe" and "For anyone reading this: this girl has no regard for anyone's well being but her own. She completely takes advantage of people, even 14 year olds even though she's 20.", plus "My family is not afraid to press charges". Why she decided to go off like this, and what they have to press charges about, is currently unkown, but knowing Demi's messy ass... its just a matter of time.
-Life of Pablo was streamed 100 million times which is the equivalent of 65k albums sold, and 90k SPS (sales + streams)
how often do u listen to tlop ontd? (i listen to it almost everyday lol)
4/8/16: Kendall and Harry Styles out and about in LA. pic.twitter.com/VDek7zJh1B— Kendall Updates (@knjdaily) April 8, 2016
apparently they hung out today!
yesterday Kendall posted
Kendall via Instagram: "band of one" pic.twitter.com/YBl4kgsnrf— Kendall Updates (@knjdaily) April 8, 2016
on her Instagram which made me suspicious that they were hanging out tbh but anyway yay!
ken baker from kardashian central denied it tho so they're just friends. whatever seethe haters!
Kendall Jenner is not Harry Style's girlfriend. Still. Not. It's over. pic.twitter.com/PbWVVeuBaW— Ken Baker (@kenbakernow) April 8, 2016
Vince Neil -- Fights Nic Cage after Allegedly Attacking Woman (VIDEO) https://t.co/snytz7VOO4— TMZ (@TMZ) April 8, 2016
Nicolas Cage got into an altercation with Vince Neil after the latter grabbed a woman by the hair and threw her to the ground because of an autograph request. Cage jumped in to defend the woman and a fight between the two ensued. The police later issued Neil a misdemeanor battery summons and he’s expected in court in June.
ONTD, how long until this law is repealed?