Articles on this Page
- 03/17/16--15:38: _Academy to meet wit...
- 03/17/16--15:38: _Little Mix for Noti...
- 03/17/16--15:38: _A Daredevil Roundup
- 03/17/16--15:39: _"Miss Congeniality"...
- 03/17/16--15:39: _Madonna Performs in...
- 03/17/16--16:12: _Iggy Eggs Covers Sc...
- 03/17/16--16:12: _TIME's 30 (5) Most ...
- 03/17/16--16:32: _And The Alternative...
- 03/17/16--16:33: _A Gael García Berna...
- 03/17/16--16:34: _Vanity Fair Obliter...
- 03/17/16--16:46: _Madonna Exposes Fan...
- 03/17/16--17:17: _A Mr. Robot SXSW Ma...
- 03/17/16--17:17: _Demi Lovato SHUTS #...
- 03/17/16--17:51: _In 'Thank God' News...
- 03/17/16--18:02: _Gal Gadot to Jimmy ...
- 03/17/16--18:03: _Gene Simmons: "Gaga...
- 03/17/16--18:03: _Nike reveals new ho...
- 03/17/16--18:05: _Oprah's Got a New Show
- 03/17/16--18:06: _Meghan Trainor want...
- 03/17/16--18:23: _Honest Trailers - L...
- Ang Lee and George Takei are among the figures scheduled to meet with organizers at the Academy of of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences after a failed apology regarding racist Asian jokes in this year's Oscars was issued.
- George Takei is cited as one of the critics, describing the apology as "bland,""corporate," and "patronizing."
- This meeting to discuss real steps towards addressing the "sensitivity issue" comes after Asian members of the Academy reportedly continued communication with the Academy over the issue and apology.
- 03/17/16--15:38: Little Mix for Notion Magazine
- 03/17/16--15:38: A Daredevil Roundup
- 03/17/16--15:39: "Miss Congeniality" and "Blended" being remade for Chinese audiences
- Warner Bros.' Flagship Entertainment has announced 12 Chinese titles they're working on as Warner Bros. tries to capitalize off of a growing Chinese film market.
- Two of these films are Chinese-language remakes of Sandra Bullock comedy "Miss Congeniality" and Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore-led comedy "Blended"
- 03/17/16--16:12: Iggy Eggs Covers Schon Magazine + Interview
- 03/17/16--16:12: TIME's 30 (5) Most Influential People on the Internet
- 03/17/16--16:32: And The Alternative Press Music Awards Nominees Are...
- 03/17/16--16:33: A Gael García Bernal post!
- 03/17/16--16:34: Vanity Fair Obliterates Selener & whisper queen claps back!
- 03/17/16--16:46: Madonna Exposes Fan's Breast on Stage
- 03/17/16--17:17: A Mr. Robot SXSW Masterpost
- Sam Esmail created the series to depict nerd culture right, Mr. Robot began with Elliot's character, the plot came as secondary.
- Rami talks about Elliot re: his loneliness, insecurities
- Esmail talks about his own experience as Egyptian-American, how people expected him to make films in film school about his experience as an Arab-American, and how it defined him
- Loves writing female characters, which is why he included them in the show as hackers, thinks there needs to be more women in tech
- Esmail doesn't allow green-screens or the actors miming when it comes to the coding/tech itself. Every code on the show is accurate, irl old man Rami had to learn how to type to an appropriate speed for this, comes in early to look at animation and graphics with tech consultants.
- The Arab Springs inspired the show
- They have FBI consultants on the show for season 2
- Season 2 is focusing on privacy and encryption (re: FBI v. Apple but not directly related)
- the consequences of and for Elliot over his actions in season 1
- 03/17/16--17:17: Demi Lovato SHUTS #NataliesHouse DOWN by singing Stone Cold
- 03/17/16--18:03: Gene Simmons: "Gaga can do it. Madonna cannot"
- 03/17/16--18:03: Nike reveals new home kits for a bunch of countries
- 03/17/16--18:05: Oprah's Got a New Show
- 03/17/16--18:06: Meghan Trainor wants that old dick!
- Speaking on "Shoboy in the Morning," the 22-year-old revealed that she wants an older guy who has it together. She loves her parents' relationship so much that she'd want to date someone old enough to be her father, saying, “I’m looking for my 40 year old, what’s up world!”
- Meghan's role model is Beyonce, and she says she's looking for her Jay-Z!
- 03/17/16--18:23: Honest Trailers - Leprechaun
Oscars organisers to meet Ang Lee and George Takei over racial stereotyping https://t.co/FMiOPSgfru— Guardian Film (@guardianfilm) March 17, 2016
i'm surprised we don't have a george takei tag
Digital Spy gives the show 4/5 stars. Says it's "one of the best concerts you'll go to this year. Read more here
Sugarscape is impressed that LM is still relevant. They go on to call the show a spectacle and praise the girls for "going in"here.
Source 1Source 2Source 3
ONTD, are you going to TGTW? Are Little Mix popular your country? Are you watching Aaron Gale's tour videos in HD and crying from the beauty? Let a #Mixer know.
The cast stans Rosario Dawson
Deborah Ann Woll on S2
source | source | source
are you ready for tomorrow, ontd?
-After her extremely late arrival at Wednesday night’s concert in Brisbane, fans were offered refunds ahead of Thursday's show
-Many fans took up the offer from Live Nation and dipped
-Didn't start till 11:22pm.
lol Australians don't play when it comes to concerts.
Do you make people wait ONTD?
On cancelling her tour: "I had to have a psychotic breakdown last year. I felt tired and stressed out. Last year, I felt like I was definitely not in control of the media’s narrative of me."
On the various celeb feuds she was involved with: "It made me feel very out of control of my own life or my ability to have my own perception of who I was. You don’t want someone else writing your narrative and making you the villain. Then I just realized that, you know what, you can’t control it and I think I accepted that and moved on to living my life."
On choosing her new album title: "Anything online is a double-edged sword, hence Digital Distortion. You can distort your own perception of self. You’re showing the highlight reel of your life."
lol...She hasn't learned a damn thing. Lindsay Lohan levels of responsibility deflection.
ONTD's boyfriend, Kanye West
Snapchat fave DJ Khaled
Black Lives Matter activists Johnetta Elzie & Deray Mckesson (Time listed them as one person and so shall I)
Plus-sized model Tess Holliday
World's most reviled, Donald Trump
From this I learned IFLS is run by a 26 y/o woman. Who are your internet faves?
Alex Gaskarth - All Time Low
Caleb Shomo - Beartooth
Patrick Stump - Fall Out Boy
Lzzy Hale - Halestorm
Kellin Quinn - Sleeping With Sirens
Corey Taylor - Slipknot
(and none for Brendon Urie?! The fuck AP?)
Kevin Skaff - A Day To Remember
JB Brubaker - August Burns Red
Kellen McGregor - Memphis May Fire
Chad Gilbert - New Found Glory
Misha Mansoor - Periphery
Jack Fowler - Sleeping With Sirens
Ralph Sica - Being As An Ocean
Skyler Acord - Issues
Ryan Neff - Miss May I
Matthew Taylor - Motion City Soundtrack
Ahren Stringer - The Amity Affliction
Kelen Capener - The Story So Far
Christian Coma - Black Veil Brides
Loniel Robinson - letlive.
Jerod Boyd - Miss May I
Dani Washington - Neck Deep
Maxx Danziger - Set It Off
Aaron Gillespie - Underoath
Best International Band:
As It Is (United Kingdom)
Marianas Trench (Canada)
One OK Rock (Japan)
Parkway Drive (Australia)
You Me At Six (United Kingdom)
Best Music Video:
All Time Low - "Something’s Gotta Give"
August Burns Red - "Identity"
Panic! At The Disco - "Emperor's New Clothes"
State Champs - "If I'm Lucky"
The Wonder Years - "Cardinals"
Twenty One Pilots - "Stressed Out"
Song of the Year:
Falling in Reverse - "Just Like You"
Never Shout Never - "Hey! We Ok"
Of Mice & Men - "Would You Still Be There"
Panic! At The Disco - "Hallelujah"
Pierce The Veil - "The Divine Zero"
State Champs - "Secrets"
Best Live Band:
Motionless In White
A Day To Remember snubbed...why am I not surprised?
Andrew McMahon - Dear Jack Foundation
Jake Luhrs - HeartSupport
The Used - Living the Dream
The Wonder Years - Puppies Behind Bars, After School All-Stars, The Herren Project, Futures Without Violence
This Wild Life - National Breast Cancer Foundation
You Me at Six - Passport Back to the Bars, The Ghost Inside U.K. Fundraiser, PETA
Most Dedicated Fanbase:
New Year’s Day
The Ghost Inside
New Years Day
Set It Off
Best Underground Band:
Tiny Moving Parts
Too Close To Touch
Album of the Year:
All Time Low - Future Hearts
August Burns Red - Found In Far Away Places
Bring Me The Horizon - That’s the Spirit
Knuckle Puck - Copacetic
The Maine - American Candy
Marilyn Manson - The Pale Emperor
Neck Deep - Life’s Not Out to Get You
Sleeping with Sirens - Madness
State Champs - Around The World And Back
Twenty One Pilots - Blurryface
Artist of the Year:
All Time Low
Fall Out Boy
Motionless In White
Panic! At The Disco
Sleeping with Sirens
Twenty One Pilots
Vote HERE for my favorites ;D
Kind of a shitty nomination list this year (tho I'm dying at all the 21p fan tears because they weren't nominated for enough in their eyes). My faves are bolded because I know you guys care what I think :P Special shout-out to I Prevail and Too Close To Touch, so proud of both of these bands for being nominated <3
Post dedicated to tellmeimawreck because reasons.
Gael and Gregory Nava are now part of the Academy
-Gael is appointed to the award and events committee
-Also added are Jennifer Yuh Nelson and Reginald Hudlin
Gael and Robert Sneider talk about new film, “Me Estas Matando, Susana”
-“Me Estas Matando, Susana” is about a Mexican actor, García Bernal, who goes to a writing seminar in the US to win back the love of his life who is a feminist novelist
-"...clear definition of what it is to be Mexican, we encounter ourselves in a never ending allegory of mixes and chaos... It’s an ambivalence that is quite extreme: We can laugh out loud of our misfortunes and failures yet at the same time we are incredibly proud of the acceptance of this and how this makes us a much more mixed, chaotic, free definition of a sophisticated culture."
-Gael says there was a lot of improv for his character
-Released in Mexico on May 5.
source 1 | source 2
Selena tweets a response
Yo just know that I'm fully aware having the 'most' of anything isn't what's important. It's how you use your platform. Not how big it is— Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) March 17, 2016
-Madonna invited a fan on stage during show on Thursday
-The singer pulled down the woman's corset-style top, exposing her breast
-The 57-year-old star described her as 'the kind of girl you just want to slap on the ass', before adding: 'Oh shit. Oh sorry, sexual harassment.'
'You can do the same to me if you like... you want to make my hole big again?' she continued.
The panel itself (46:02 minutes long)
in which Christian Slater (46) is more tech savvy than Rami Malek (34).
Just like old times... pic.twitter.com/saBDW65Jgx— Rami Malek (@ItsRamiMalek) March 13, 2016
Rami and his stylist, Illaria Urbinati, being cute for THR.
mods; I uploaded the video myself because the source wasn't working, still linked THR.
petition for a Mr. Robot tag + a Rami Malek tag, tbh.
ONTD, are you excited for season 2? and on a scale of 0 to Rami Malek, how technologically inept are you?
source: vulture tweet, christian slater's twitter, rami malek's twitter, sxsw panel, mashable, THR 1& 2
In a special episode of The Late Late Show with James Corden, Demi Lovato performed Stone Cold at a stranger's house. They also played Hide & Seek and got to pet some cute animals
Who would you invite to perform in your living room, ONTD?
Has watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills become a chore to watch this season like it has for us over at ontdrh? Well, don't fret! The true Queen of Beverly Hills, Brandi Glanville, is back next week! This clip was aired on Watch What Happens Live and while its only 39 seconds long, its already far more interesting than anything this season has to offer, with the exception of Erika Jayne of course!
ONTD, have you become fed up with how boring RHOBH is this season?
-Calls out fanboys who said her boobs were to small
-First time trying on the costume, it was so tight that she couldn't breathe
Wonder Woman made her animated debut in 1975 on The Brady Kids where they traveled back to Ancient Greece and tried to compete in a marathon before WW convinced them to drop out so they wouldn't change histry.
In 1973-86 Wonder Woman would star in Superfriends where the they would explore her origins, her feud with Cheetah, and her brief marriage to Darkseid.
After Superfriends ended, Wonder Woman would make her last appearance in animation for over a decade in a short lived Superman animated series in 1988.
In the late 90s, Batman and Superman both got animated series that would eventually form the DCAU, Wonder Woman was planned to show up on Superman and later as part of the future JL in Batman Beyond but due to legal reasons, both cameos were nixed and WW ended up being replaced with Big Barda in Batman Beyonds future JL. In 2001, Cartoon Network wanted a follow up to Batman/Supermans animated universe and the Justice League was born, due to Wonder Woman being in the main cast, she was allowed to be part of the show and she has been an animated mainstay since.
TheWB ended up scaling back on their DC animated cartoons and started focusing on coming out with annual animated movies, Wonder Woman saw her first solo outing in animation in 2009 with her own animated movie. While the movie sold fairly well, it did not move enough units as fast as WB wanted which lead them to putting a ban on any female animated movies which saw projects such as a sequel, Batgirl: Year One, and Supergirl either cancelled or retitled to utilize Batman/Supermans name. The character went on to appear in all the animated Justice League movies as a supporting character.
SourceSource2Source 3Source 4Source 5 + my memory
Favorite Wonder Woman animated incarnation?
-not happy with pop charts / looks forward to death of rap
-feels today's rappers lack lyric & melody
-claims rock is dead but not all hope is lost
-"As far as I'm concerned, if Lady Gaga dropped the disco and the pole dancing and all that stuff and put together a rock band, that would be legitimate, because she's got the musical goods. She can write songs, play instruments and can actually sing. And she understands the fearless quality of spectacle. I'd love to see her do Queen-style music. She can do it. Madonna cannot."
-"My thing about the disco divas who get up onstage — and I love Jennifer Lopez and Ciara and Shakira and Madonna and all the girls with names that end in 'a,' they're very talented in their own way — but it's dishonest. They have a backing track. It's really a karaoke bar. Karaoke is more honest, because you know it's karaoke.'"
-continues to ignorantly drag rap
Top row: U.S. women’s home, U.S. men’s away, Portugal home
Bottom row: Portugal away, Chile home, Chile away
Top row: France home, France away, Brazil home
Bottom row: Brazil away, England home, England away
Top row: Poland home, Poland away, Croatia home
Bottom row: Croatia away, Turkey home, Turkey away
Greenleafcenters on the journey of estranged daughter and disillusioned preacher Grace Greenleaf (Merle Dandridge, The Night Shift) who has returned home after 20 years on the occasion of the mysterious death of her sister, Faith. As she reenters the world of Calvary Fellowship World Ministries, the Memphis megachurch run by her powerful parents Bishop James Greenleaf (Keith David) and Lady Mae Greenleaf(Lynn Whitfield, The Josephine Baker Story), it becomes evident that things are not as virtuous as they seem and that the family’s outward display of faith hides sin and misdeeds.
ontd, how old is old enough for you? 20 years older? 40? 80? what's the dustiest dick y'all ever had?