Articles on this Page
- 04/08/17--17:04: _Are Justin and Brit...
- 04/08/17--19:41: _Janet Jackson and b...
- 04/08/17--19:55: _Marvel releases sta...
- 04/08/17--20:14: _Tinashe performs at...
- 04/08/17--20:14: _SNL is back tonight...
- 04/08/17--22:46: _ADULT SWIM - SAMURA...
- 04/09/17--06:56: _China's box office ...
- 04/09/17--06:57: _Kylie Jenner Attend...
- 04/09/17--07:50: _The Son’ Showrunner...
- 04/09/17--07:51: _GOOP Finds Cure For...
- 04/09/17--07:52: _Meghan Trainor reve...
- 04/09/17--08:23: _An army of Danes - ...
- 04/09/17--08:39: _Weekend Box Office:...
- 04/09/17--09:54: _Selena Gomez and Th...
- 04/09/17--10:11: _Lea Michele in new ...
- 04/09/17--11:40: _The F8 of the Furio...
- 04/09/17--11:41: _The Expanse 2X12 pi...
- 04/09/17--11:42: _TGIT Promos for Gre...
- 04/09/17--12:24: _Still Trying To Mak...
- 04/09/17--12:25: _Carrie Fisher to Ap...
- 04/08/17--17:04: Are Justin and Britney working on something?
- 04/08/17--19:55: Marvel releases statement on controversial X-Men art
- 04/08/17--20:14: Tinashe performs at Zedd's 'Welcome!' ACLU fundraising concert!
- 04/08/17--20:14: SNL is back tonight with Louis C. K.
- 04/08/17--22:46: ADULT SWIM - SAMURAI JACK 5x05 Promo "XCVI"
- 04/09/17--06:56: China's box office did not save 'Ghost in a Shell'
- made almost $8 million on its opening day in China
- Estimated to make only $50~ million in China during its entire run
- Has not opened in Japan yet
- Next week Fate of the Furious, the 8th installment for the F&F franchise will debut
- Furious 7 made almost $400 million in China (it made $1.5 BILLION worldwide), the biggest for a hollywood import (hmmm there is a lot of diversity in this movie...do you guys think theres a co-relation?)
- xXx 3 made $60 million on its opening weekend and a total of $163 million total in China (it also had a diverse cast, hmmm)
- 04/09/17--06:57: Kylie Jenner Attends High School Prom
- 04/09/17--07:51: GOOP Finds Cure For Depression And Insomnia!
- 04/09/17--08:23: An army of Danes - The Last Kingdom: Episode 5 Preview
- 04/09/17--09:54: Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Take it to Instagram
- 04/09/17--11:40: The F8 of the Furious Movie CLIP
- 04/09/17--11:41: The Expanse 2X12 pics and sneak peek, plus roundup
- 04/09/17--11:42: TGIT Promos for Grey's, Scandal and The Catch
- 04/09/17--12:25: Carrie Fisher to Appear in Star Wars IX
Timbaland tá sedento, o maior justney shipper q vc respeita. A não ser q... JT e Timbo estão juntos em estúdio né? 👀 pic.twitter.com/g4uHaZY4tB— Matheus (@_Math29) March 21, 2017
As some of you know, Justin in currently working on his upcoming album with Timbaland, Pharrell and Danja.
In the past two weeks, Timbaland kept liking creepy Justney pictures and tweets from desperate fans.
The producer liked all the pictures (more than 100) from many «Justney» accounts.
The "liking session" happened the same night JT, Danja and Pharell were together in the studio and posted these:
Yesterday, JT also RT (then unretweeted) a 4 years old tweet with the #itsbritneybitch hashtag.
Lynn Harless, JT's mom joined the party yesterday and liked many pictures of her son and the princess of pop.
Lynn Harless, Justin's Mom likes Justney Photos pic.twitter.com/p1DDYjXvTJ— Overprotected Girl (@DenisseGirl81) April 8, 2017
Danja also posted a bunch of TBT regarding his work with Brit but I didnt want the post to be super long. something is up!
-Janet Jackson and Qatari businessman Wissam Al Mana (worth $1 billion) married in a private ceremony in 2012.
-The pair welcomed their son, Eissa Al Mana, on January 3.
-One source says that the split was amicable. Another source says he'd become too controlling during her pregnancy and would dictate her public appearances.
-The baby will stay with Janet in London.
Marvel’s statement, provided to ComicBook.com, is as follows:
“The mentioned artwork in X-Men Gold #1 was inserted without knowledge behind its reported meanings. These implied references do not reflect the views of the writer, editors or anyone else at Marvel and are in direct opposition of the inclusiveness of Marvel Comics and what the X-Men have stood for since their creation. This artwork will be removed from subsequent printings, digital versions, and trade paperbacks and disciplinary action is being taken.”
Indonesian artist Ardian Syaf included references to a verse from the Qur’an stating that Muslims should not appoint Jews or Christians as their leaders, and placed the Jewish superheroine Kitty Pryde's head next to the "Jew" portion of a Jewelry sign.
Zedd partnered with the American Civil Liberties Union to throw the “Welcome!” fundraising concert at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The concert featured major artists, including Bebe Rexha, Mija, Daya, Tinashe, Halsey, Imagine Dragons, Machine Gun Kelly with Camila Cabello, Miguel, Skrillex, Incubus and, of course, Zedd himself. All benefits from the show went directly to the ACLU, which works to support equal rights across the country.
Below, you'll find Tinashe's set:
source 1, 2, 3
- Chainsmokers will be the musical guest.
- Starts at 10:30c/11:30est.
Samurai Jack fights to save a group of enslaved people from being harvested as the power source for a monstrous Mega-Robot
dat end of the promo...!! As much as I loved the Rick and Morty surprise episode, I was missing me some Samurai Jack last weekend. Loving this season so much =)
Pictured above: Rila Fukushima, face model for the geisha bots for the movie Ghost in a Shell
-Various social media accounts are posting photos and videos of Kylie Jenner at the Rio Americano High School prom in Sacramento, CA
-Allegedly some guy called Albert Ochoa got rejected by his first choice of prom date
-Kylie Jenner agreed to go with him instead for some reason
-The videos from the night show that the high school kids were SHOOK
SOOO WHATS KYLIE JENNER DOING AT RIO AMERICANOS PROM?! pic.twitter.com/2JYgwiv3mZ— Keisha (@acero_keisha) April 9, 2017
Zach Effron as my prom date next ??? pic.twitter.com/fF0NgcA170— $el (@ssoochoa) April 9, 2017
Kylie Jenner really just came to rio prom. pic.twitter.com/sZQflHt62B— Sam Adams (@sam_adams_10) April 9, 2017
proud to say that's my brother 😇 pic.twitter.com/zeKj9gf8gF— $el (@ssoochoa) April 9, 2017
Who would your backup prom date be, ONTD?
“The Son” follows generations of a prominent Texas family from the 19th century onwards, who are embroiled in various bitter wars over land, power and resources at the still-new U.S.-Mexico border. based on the bestselling novel by Philipp Meyer
Members of Comanche Nation were consultants, and the show’s Native American cast members were also involved in discussions about various storylines.
Showrunner Kevin Murphy :
“It’s cheap to hide behind the curtain of historical accuracy. Just because something actually happened a certain way, doesn’t mean it’s socially responsible to market it on television as mass entertainment, and I think we have to be very careful as a culture in how we approach it.”
“The Comanche are very tough, they’re very brutal and I think, depending on your perspective, they can seem very cruel. That perspective broadens as the season goes on … when you meet the white Texas Rangers, the Buffalo hunters who are destroying the Comanche food supply, you meet the Tonkawa tribe, who were the longtime enemy of the Comanche, you sort of realize, oh, it’s not that the Comanche were so awful, it’s that world of the Texas North Plains is so horrifyingly brutal that this is the only way to survive, by being this tough and this draconian.”
One rape scene, designated for a future Season 1 episode, was cut due to these conversations.
“Even though it’s absolutely historically accurate that captives got raped, that’s just how it happened, in choosing what we select of all the different things we can show of the Comanche lifestyle, we realized we were leaning too heavily into the aggression on women. That was a case where if everybody didn’t feel comfortable enough challenging what we had on the show, we probably would have left it in. It was compelling footage, but it would have been wrong to leave that in. So I think we’re just trying to be really careful … Anything with violence with people of color, odds are we’ve had a lot of conversation about where our line should be.”
Did anyone watch the premiere of AMC's "The Son" ?
How grounding works and why it's so powerful. https://t.co/UYEMhXjEcn— goop (@goop) April 7, 2017
-Sentient steamed vagina and noted medical researcher, Gwyneth Paltrow, has done what scientists have been working tirelessly to figure out - she has found the cure to depression and insomnia!
-According to GOOP, walking around barefoot has positive health benefits (as long as you don't step on any rusty nails, used needles, or broken pieces of glass).
-Claims it's scientific! (it fucking isn't).
-Here's a direct quote from the website:
And while there’s a definite, if New-Age, appeal to the concept of energetically connecting with Mother Earth, there’s also a more scientific angle to the practice, which posits that access to the abundant supply of free electrons in the (subtly negatively charged) ground can help neutralize free radicals—if only we would take off our shoes and access them.
-Gwyneth herself SWEARS by grounding/earthing (because of course she fucking does).
-The problem is our SHOES, ONTD. Because we wear shoes with non-conductive soles that insulate our bodies from the earth:
The earth has an infinite supply of free electrons, so when a person is grounded, those electrons naturally flow between the earth and the body, reducing free radicals and eliminating any static electrical charge. The reason grounding is so powerful is it reduces and prevents inflammation from occurring in the body, which in turn prevents inflammation-related health disorders.
-Don't like leaving your home and going outside into that awful sunlight with all those awful people? That's okay! Because smack dab in the middle of the article, GOOP has placed an advertisement for a "grounding kit" sold by another company that offers a $200.00 "earthing fitted sheet" that you have to plug in (maybe? who fucking knows) and apparently that works as well as putting your feet into some fucking dirt! Just look at how NATURAL and HEALING this sheet looks!
ELECTRONS! MOTHER EARTH! NATURAL!
How much longer do you think GOOP can stay up and operational while still peddling possibly harmful medical advice, ONTD?
Source 1 Source 2 Source 3 Gif 1 Gif 2 Gif 3
Meghan Trainor was on The Ellen Show yesterday to promote Smurfs: The Lost Village.
During the show, she revealed that her boyfriend, Spy Kids actor Daryl Sabara, learned sign language to communicate with her while she was on vocal rest from surgery.
Meghan said that Daryl learned sign language to communicate with her during her 3 months of vocal rest.
Meghan also learned how to paint with spray paint from YouTube videos during the time that she was on vocal rest, and she gave Ellen a piece of art that she had created.
Sources: YouTube 1 + YouTube 2
What is the sweetest thing your significant other has ever done for you?
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
What did you watch this weekend, ONTD?
Abel and Selena have been spotted together constantly over the past few weeks, but this is the first time we've seen them express their affection for eachother in a public announcement of sorts. Any other PDA photos we've gotten were shot from a voyeur's point of view, so this is a nice switch to those who care!
Selena has posted The Weeknd on her Snapchat stories, and even posted a video of him on her Instagram (which has since been deleted).
Here's them spotted after a date in Hollywood just before the (actual) weekend, April 6;
Selena & Abel leaving Beauty & Essex in Hollywood, California - April 6th
Sources: 1, 2
do you post your love, ontd?
Dimension 404 is a science-fiction anthology series streaming on Hulu. Similar to shows like the Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits, each episode is a different story with a twist. Narrated by Mark Hamill, there are currently 3 episodes available to watch, with the dates of 3 more TBA.
Lea Michele plays a game over the radio on "Thinker Girls" to see how well she knows Rachel Berry;
Lea got 2.5/3 of the questions correct, and then was asked to come up with her own hypothetical answer to a question for Rachel's 5 year plan ("what that bitch is up to now"): "I have a feeling that she would be on Broadway and she would be married to Jesse St. James, and maybe she would even get asked to have Kurt and Blaine's baby for them, and she would do it.
Teasing about tour outfits;
At a recent photoshoot;
Sources: 1, 2, 3
she's sf extra, we need more tyra/xtina personalities tbh
Synopsis from the link: ' A discovery pushes Naomi and Holden apart and sets the Roci crew against each other.'
Syfy Wire's Cher Martinetti and Adam Swiderski join producers/universe creators Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham and discuss 2X11 (featuring special guest star The Expanse showrunner Naren Shankar)
Higlights from the podcast:
* Ty, Daniel and Naren are doing the podcast from the writers' room for season 3. There are amazing BTS stories about the Bobbie-Martens scene. When Bobbie punches him in the throat, Frankie was supposed to mime doing it and hit him on the chest with the flat of her hand, the first time she did it, she hit him so hard it sounded to everyone there like she shattered his breast bone and everyone on set just stopped. Peter Outerbridge is an old pro and just walked it off. Another thing- when she grabs Martens and throws him against the tv, she was only supposed to mime it, before they replace it with a fake tv, maybe even use a stunt actor. The first time, they did it, she actually threw him against it and broke the real tv unintentionally, which is the shot they used in the show. Even at 10% speed, when she's trying not to hurt anyone, Frankie is just wrecking the set.
* Naomi and Holden are figuring out who they are to each other and on diverging paths. Naomi having a kid is part of her character, as the show goes on there'll be more conversations about that and more reveals. Naren loves the Arbogast storyline- in the book it's an open secret what's happening on Venus and people study it in the background, on the show it's more hidden, they focus on the personalities on the ship and talk about the larger philosophical elements it raises.
* Writing process wise, Ty and Daniel always need to know what the ending is and work backwards from that, Naren tries not to write to a result, he reads the material to know the overall story, then in the micro he changes character dynamics or emotional arcs, adds stuff from the novellas ,without breaking the continuity of the overall story. Ty and Daniel are there to make sure the changes don't break the book continuity, that's how they stay on target. The departures happen organically on a more local level. Naren told Ty and Daniel he would like the characters on page 1 of the book, for the show characters to get there around season 3, for them not to know each other/their backstories and learn it over the course of the series, which is a departure from the books. They can dive into personalities a bit differently than the book, they stay true to the material and who these people are.
* Leviathan Wakes is a mystery and a conspiracy, so that forces you to write in a particular way- hide answers, introduce more questions, etc. If you keep doing that it can get tiring, conspiracy themed shows tend to run out of steam and collapse under the weight of their own plot. It tends to feel in the end like a gimmick, where they just keep spinning the wheel, which is bad storytelling and can frustrate the audience. In S2 they ditch the mystery/conspiracy and focus on action-reaction-consequences. They're planting the show in forward motion- you're learning as you're going, things are changing, but you don't have to deal with contradictory explanations and stories that make it difficult to follow, so they can dig into the characters and deepen them. It's more satisfying to keep expanding the scope of the world and move forward.
* There are pluses and minuses to adapting established material- Battlestar Galactica didn't have a blueprint and could take the show wherever they wanted to go, which can be creatively freeing, but they can also go off the rails. Conversely, with a book you can feel constrained by the plot, as long as you're aware of it and can find the balance between new stuff and old stuff. Ty and Daniel are aware of the difference in the mediums and half the time they're the ones suggesting the changes. One of the things Ty and Daniel learned working on the show- if they find actors they like who engage with the material and give a strong performance, they want to write more stuff for them and maybe fold in new, small characters into the existing character, rather than take a chance on bringing in a new to the show.
* The Simpsons' Easter Egg on the show nobody can guess is from season 1 of the Simpsons. The one thing Naren wishes he could have done, but they couldn't do it money wise, is the proto-molecule battle with Bobbie's team on Ganymede, but in S3 they have a way to correct it a bit. He says if there's something they couldn't quite do, they'll find a way to do it eventually. They're very first conversation when they break down a new season, is 'how far can they get?' plot wise and that influences the pace. They purposely did end S1 where Leviathan Wakes ends, because they didn't want the story to feel finished, they wanted people to wonder what happens next and tune in to S2. Ty and Daniel outlined all 9 books while they were working on book 2, the show's writers' room knows a lot of it too, so they know where it's going and don't contradict it. They think the whole story could be told in about 7 seasons.
Thanks to rakugaking for the link. Inverse interviewed The Expanse showrunner Naren Shankar. Highlights from the interview:
* Before writing for Star Trek: The Next Generation in 1992 (his first writing gig), Naren was studying at Cornell University in the School of Applied and Engineering Physics. He realized he wasn't interested in being an engineer, Ron Moore, who just joined the writing staff of The Next Generation, encouraged him to write for tv. Naren slept on Ron's couch for 8 weeks in his initial time in Los Angeles.
* He didn't have a cultural reference point for how to become a writer, so he became the keeper of the flame of Star Trek's fake science and grafted their techno-babble- 'It was like spraying this thin metal coating of science on the show.' He made sure te banter between Geordi and Scotty in 'Relics' was as close to being real as it could be and also wrote 'Force of Nature' where warp speed itself is revealed to be creating damage to the fabric of space.
* Naren says that science fiction on television was difficult because doing science realism was hard to depict. Besides writing for three Star Trek shows (The Next Generation, Dee[ Space Nine and Voyager) he also wrote for Farscape and SeaQuest 2032. He took a much needed break from tv sci-fi to be the showrunner for CSI. He was away from the genre for about a decade and was reluctant to return to sci-fi, mostly because he didn't want to jump back into inventing absurd technology or depicting physics unscientifically. He found it boring, goofy and childish.
* The changed when SyFy came to him with The Expanse, which impressed him with its realism and adherence to real space science the series strives to achieve. This season he wrote 'Paradigm Shift' which showed the discovery of the Epstein Drive. Shankar says 'people run away from hard science fiction because it's difficult to produce, but now, the effects allow us to show space battles without photon torpedoes and all that bullshit. The spaceships on The Expanse shoot at each other by flinging pieces of metal really, really fast".
* He favors character arcs over big impact plot developments, like keeping Miller alive well into S2, when he dies at the end of the first novel. He says television is great at digging into characters, but it's not as good at relentlessly producing action, because it's not sustainable. He thinks sci-fi has come a long way in depicting realistic diversity since his Star Trek days, on Star Trek everybody was connected to their ethnicity in a very direct way (Uhura spoke Swahili, Scotty drinks Scotch) but with the Expanse everything is mixed, like Alex being an East Indian who speaks in a Texas accent. Because The Expanse is about 'tribalism', it's a larger, more scientifically accurate story that could be painting the future of humanity perhaps better than Star Trek did. All sci-fi is somewhat allegorical, when people get that about the show, it makes him think they're doing something special, that the show got it right and had something to say.
SOURCES: #1, #2, #3, #4
The 'Inside the Expanse' wasn't posted yet. The Expanse airs Wednesdays at 10/9C on the SyFy channel.
Get wrecked, Martens.
Since Grey's are running out of disasters to throw at their doctors we have another plane crash story! Sadly I don't think Riggs is going to die like Lexie did in s8.
Despite declarations that Scandal only exists in 1 world from Shonda...we are now exploring an alternate timeline for the 100th episode. Hopefully now it's hit 100 it will be cancelled. RIP to when Scandal was amazing.
lbr, the only good part of TGIT. Queen Margot and Flopjamin are deciding what to do about their daughter. We learn more about Alice's bad girl past.
Source (videos) 123
Source (gifs) 123
(I used cuts because idk if everyone watches all the shows to prevent unintentionally spoiling anyone)
-According to The Hollywood Reporter: Tidal's subscription numbers are thought to be under 3 million and perhaps on par with competitors Deezer and Napster.
I don't know what Deezer is, but who the fuck knew Napster was still around? Does Metallica know?
How long before Jay-Z stops lying to himself that Tidal is going to happen?
Source 1 2 3 4
-Carrie Fisher's daughter Billie Lourd and brother Todd Fisher have given Disney the go ahead to include her in the 2019 sequel.
-Disney has no plans to digitize or CGI her appearance but will instead use her cut scenes from The Last Jedi.
-Todd Fisher told NY Daily News: "Both of us were like, ‘Yes, how do you take her out of it?’ And the answer is you don’t…She’s as much a part of it as anything and I think her presence now is even more powerful than it was, like Obi Wan – when the saber cuts him down he becomes more powerful…I feel like that’s what’s happened with Carrie. I think the legacy should continue."