Articles on this Page
- 03/09/17--05:39: _Marvel's Iron Fist ...
- 03/09/17--05:40: _STAR 1x12 Promo "Sh...
- 03/09/17--05:41: _SVU: Ripped from th...
- 03/09/17--05:41: _New promo for Alien...
- 03/09/17--06:22: _Ionnalee (of iamami...
- 03/09/17--07:01: _In honor of the Wor...
- 03/09/17--07:15: _Ryan Gosling Impost...
- 03/09/17--07:15: _Lars von Trier want...
- 03/09/17--07:50: _Scarlett Johansson ...
- 03/09/17--08:00: _Katy Perry to be ho...
- 03/09/17--09:34: _Nicole Kidman expla...
- 03/09/17--09:37: _The Get Down - Part...
- 03/09/17--10:18: _Brie Larson address...
- 03/09/17--10:19: _Riverdale 1x07 Snea...
- 03/09/17--10:21: _ONTD Roundup
- 03/09/17--11:13: _Lorde - Liability
- 03/09/17--11:17: _Everyone's favorite...
- 03/09/17--11:20: _Kong: Skull Island ...
- 03/09/17--11:25: _Disney's live-actio...
- 03/09/17--12:00: _Star Wars: The Last...
- 03/09/17--05:39: Marvel's Iron Fist feauturette : Colleen Wing
- 03/09/17--05:40: STAR 1x12 Promo "Showtime" FINALE
- 03/09/17--05:41: SVU: Ripped from the Headlines, but with a Trumped Up Twist!
- 03/09/17--05:41: New promo for Alien: Covenant featuring Michael Fassbender
- 03/09/17--06:22: Ionnalee (of iamamiwhoami) premieres SAMARITAN
- 03/09/17--08:00: Katy Perry to be honored for LGBT rights advocacy work
- 03/09/17--09:34: Nicole Kidman explains her strange clap at the Oscars
- She was wearing multiple (borrowed) rings and didn't want to ruin them by clapping them against each other
- She said: It was really awkward! I was like gosh, I want to clap, I don't want to not be clapping, which would be worse, right? It was really difficult because I had a huge ring on that was not my own, but it was absolutely gorgeous, and I was terrified of damaging it!
- The ring she was most terrified of damaging was a 13.58 carrat Harry Winston ring
- 03/09/17--09:37: The Get Down - Part II | Official Trailer
- Last month, during the Oscars ceremony, Brie Larson didn't clap after Cassey Affleck won the best actor category.
- A lot of people interpreted her response as a silent protest in light of his sexual harassment allegations.
- During a Vanity Fair interview while promoting her new movie Kong: Skull Island, Larson addressed her response and said that whatever it was that she did onstage kind of spoke for itself, and that she said all that she needs to say about that topic.
- During an interview with Jane Fonda for Elle magazine, Larson mentioned that, having played two characters who were sexually abused, she has done a lot of work with victims of sexual abuse and we can't take any steps backward in allowing people to think abuse is their fault because that's the people-pleaser disease.
- 03/09/17--10:19: Riverdale 1x07 Sneak Peeks
- 03/09/17--10:21: ONTD Roundup
- Celebs honor International Women's Day
- Gabourey Sidibe Has No Regrets about Weight-Loss Surgery
- Samuel L Jackson criticises casting of black British actors in American films
- Scarlett Johansson Files for Divorce From Romain Dauriac
- Lily Collins Pens Open Letter Forgiving Father Phil Collins in New Book
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner call off divorce
- Yesterday's ONTD Roundup
- 03/09/17--11:13: Lorde - Liability
- 03/09/17--11:20: Kong: Skull Island L.A. premiere
sources 1. 2
‘The Good Fight’ Creators Take on NBC’s ‘SVU’ Donald Trump Episode https://t.co/ZfhJna4MVs— Variety (@Variety) March 9, 2017
The Good Fight, the CBS All Access show, will be ripped from the headlines this Sunday. And, for the first time ever, Law & Order: SVU will be the subject of those headlines. Remember how SVU did a Trump episode, and they released a promo for it? And then they rescheduled it? And then they rescheduled it again? And then they shelved it permanently?
Well, the writers for The Good Fight thought that was hilarious, so they wrote an entire episode about it. In their fictional version of events, the Faux SVU writer gets sued by Faux NBC for leaking the Trump episode online (like we all hoped the real SVU writers would).
In a further twist, Gary Cole (who played Faux Trump in the unaired SVU episode) will be guest starring in this SVU-themed episode of The Good Fight (as Diane's husband, of course). Also, the SVU episode was called "Unstoppable", while (according to imdb) this episode of The Good Fight will be called "Stoppable: Requiem for an Airdate". lmaooooo
Lastly, an ONTD PSA:
Remember how I posted that promo about Barba's secret? For the episode airing on March 22? Well, you can forget it. The Barba episode will be delayed for a week (airing on March 29) and we'll get a different episode on the 22nd, instead. Click to see the new promo.
In the SVU Trump episode (which Ice-T thinks is shitty and should never air), there are multiple women who accuse "Trump" for sexual assault. In the end, it is revealed that he is totally innocent, and Benson and the squad apologize to him. Turns out, his campaign advisor and best friend (so, like, Kellyanne?) was behind the whole thing. She arranged for all these women to lie, in order to torpedo the presidential campaign. Because "Trump" was bad for America, and false rape accusations were the only way to prevent him from being elected. (on what planet? Because on Earth no one gives a shit, clearly)
This messy post was brought to you by the clusterfuck that is Season 18 of SVU.
twitter, ice-t's comments, imdb, youtube
WTF, I have no words for those Trump spoilers
The debut solo audiovisual from iamamiwhoami creator and front person Jonna Lee. This is a collaboration with COMME des GARÇONS.
The World Baseball Classic started this week and since there's probably less than five people on this site who actually care, I made a post that was more of ONTD's speed.
with bonus Team Mexico's Sergio Romo
I'll admit this was a bias pick but I don't feel so bad about it
- Two German comedians, Joko Winterscheidt and Klaas Heufer-Umlauf tried to get a Goldene Kamera award for their TV show "Circus Halli Galli" through a rather unconventional method by setting up a fake PR agency and sending an e-mail to the organizers telling them that Ryan Gosling is in town for a commercial shoot and would drop by if he gets an award.
- The Goldene Kamera people agreed and the duo planned on sending a Ryan Gosling lookalike from Munich named Ludwig Lehner. Since he resembles Ryan but not that much, they made sure that he wouldn't walk the red carpet, give any interviews, sit in the front row, etc.
- On March 4th, they sent him and a fake entourage to Hamburg for the award show. The crew managed to get him in, he picked up the award, dedicated it to Winterscheidt and Heufer-Umlauf, then he ran off and people in the audience (among them Nicole Kidman and Colin Farrell) were extremely confused.
- In the aftermath, the ZDF (the broadcaster responsible for the Goldene Kamera) is now trying to get Winterscheidt and Heufer-Umlauf to return the award to them. So far they haven't done it.
There are also two subbed, long videos from "Circus Halli Galli" I put under a cut where they explained and showed the weeks leading up to their prank, as well as what was going on backstage right before and after.
ONTD, has anyone ever pranked you as badly as that?
Lars von Trier's new film 'The House the Jack Built' is a coming of age story about a serial killer. It stars Uma Thurman and Matt Dillon. The film takes place in America in the 1970’s and over the course of 12 years charts the evolution of a serial killer, Jack (Matt Dillon), and the art he makes out of the women he kills, among them ‘Lady 1’ played by Uma Thurman (the other women in Jack’s life will be played by Siobhan Fallon Hogan, Sofie Gråbøl and Riley Keogh).
Says von Trier, “I chose Matt and I chose Uma because they obviously can’t read. There were so many people we sent the script to, who said they would do anything to work with me, except this script. And then there were two, who said yes and I asked, ‘Are you sure?’ And they said, ‘Yeah yeah yeah.’ I think we should make a little test of their reading abilities.”
“As a devoted mother and private person and with complete awareness that my daughter will one day be old enough to read the news about herself, I would only like to say that I will never, ever be commenting on the dissolution of my marriage.”
“Out of respect for my desires as a parent and out of respect for all working moms, it is with kindness that I ask other parties involved and the media to do the same. Thank you.”
Romain Dauriac's attorney
"Under the laws of the United States, thankfully men and women are treated the same in reference to custody. There are many cases where the fathers do a lot of traveling, and if they were to raise this same issue, you would you laugh. You can't hide behind a suit or a dress—it's what's in the best interest of the child."
"He wants her to be involved with her daughter, desperately, but you can't have schedules switching all the time. How do you explain that to a child? She's allowed to have her career, and there will be a certain degree of flexibility—but not to suit her schedule or Mr. Dauriac's. It will be one that suits the child."
"People should have respect for their privacy, but she filed in the court system. She did. If she wants to continue to fight in the court system, she can't blame Mr. Dauriac for doing anything. She raised the issue."
"If the court decides it's in the best interest of the child to be flying on a plane or changing their schedule all the time then I'm going to find a new business. It's not fair to the kids or to the other parent."
"It is indeed unfortunate, especially for our daughter, that Scarlett filed in court and made our personal differences so public. I would implore her to withdraw her action promptly and go back, as uncomfortable as it might be, to the negotiating table. We are the parents of a lovely daughter whom we will continue to co-parent for many years and share her joys and sorrows as only a parent can."
Katy Perry is to be celebrated for her work on behalf of LGBT rights.
The Human Rights Campaign announced today that Katy will receive the group's National Equality award on March 18.
HRC President Chad Griffin said in a statement: "We are thrilled to honor Katy Perry for using her powerful voice and international platform to speak out for LGBTQ equality... Her compelling advocacy, from the stage to the campaign trail, has had a profound effect on the lives of LGBTQ people—and, in particular, young people. Katy's message of inclusion and equality continues to inspire us and the world."
America Ferrera will be presented with the Ally for Equality Award by Lena Dunham.
''A mythic saga of dreams, desire, soul and sound, The Get Down chronicles the epic musical evolution from disco to hip hop that defined 1970s New York City - as told by the relationships, struggles, triumphs, and artistry of the South Bronx teens who saw it through. Part II streaming April 7th.''
For Wednesday, March 8, 2017:
- According to a beats 1 interview, this song was inspired by her listening to "Rihanna's higher and crying in the back of a cab" and is a "protective talisman" for her
- Also cowritten with Jack Antonoff (is he going to be all over this album?)
- Album release date is confirmed to be June 16th
Source // Source
Lived it. Loved it.— Xabi Alonso (@XabiAlonso) March 9, 2017
Farewell beautiful game. pic.twitter.com/1aSN7GGNzZ
Contigo aprendí a amar este deporte. Gracias por tantos buenos momentos / I learnt with you to love football. Thnx for a lot of good moments pic.twitter.com/DaHdEJZMH1— Fernando Torres (@Torres) March 9, 2017
And we did love watching you play !!— Luis Garcia (@LuchoGarcia14) March 9, 2017
Gracias por tanto Xabi !! https://t.co/19CP3FIu6c
Legend. pic.twitter.com/kcezOGaMgi— Liverpool FC (@LFC) March 9, 2017
Sources xabialonso, FCBayernEN,
stevengerrard, Thiago6, philipplahm, Torres, LuchoGarcia14, SamiKhedira, RealSociedad, LFC, realmadrid
Will you miss Xabi everyday like certain people (can you also spell his name) or are you like Iker who is probably like "who dat?" (mods I added his name in the title :)
I got free tickets to see this and I couldn't be bothered to go.
Set to be directed by ‘Snatch’ and ‘Sherlock Holmes’s Guy Ritchie, the remake is on the look-out for two actors aged 18-25 to play lead pair Aladdin and Jasmine.
Alright kids, if you know someone who fits this, you better share this with them. Submit asap. Good luck my babies pic.twitter.com/PLP37ritcV— Dani Fernandez (@msdanifernandez) March 9, 2017
Shared on Twitter, the casting call states that the leads must be able to sing and if they have dance experience that would certainly be a plus.
"Star Wars: The Last Jedi" clip is being screened. But it's a joke, sort of! We just got a few seconds of Rey handing Luke a lightsaber.— Daniel Miller (@DanielNMiller) March 8, 2017
We just saw more "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" footage. In it, Luke asks Rey, "Who are you?" Then we see her deftly handle a lightsaber.— Daniel Miller (@DanielNMiller) March 8, 2017
Also making appearances in "The Last Jedi" footage: Chewbacca, General Leia Organa and Finn.— Daniel Miller (@DanielNMiller) March 8, 2017
One last thing on the "Last Jedi" footage: We saw all sorts of settings -- mountains, oceans, forests, deserts. Look suitably epic, exotic.— Daniel Miller (@DanielNMiller) March 8, 2017
More on "The Last Jedi" clip: We saw a shot of an X-wing wobbling mid-air, under attack inside a giant ship. Looked like a wounded bird.— Daniel Miller (@DanielNMiller) March 8, 2017
More on "The Last Jedi" clip, since ppl are asking: General Leia Organa was onscreen for just a second in military garb and didn't speak.— Daniel Miller (@DanielNMiller) March 8, 2017
A tidbit on "The Last Jedi" footage: In the clip, a character yelled "It's now or never!" Sorry to say I couldn't tell you who screamed it!— Daniel Miller (@DanielNMiller) March 8, 2017