Articles on this Page
- 02/01/17--15:21: _Kirsten Dunst prete...
- 02/01/17--15:22: _Tabloid Cover Wedne...
- 02/01/17--15:43: _Paris Jackson will ...
- 02/01/17--15:46: _"Mad Lib Theater" w...
- 02/01/17--15:52: _ONTD Original - Osc...
- 02/01/17--16:10: _ANTM’s Tiffany Rich...
- 02/01/17--17:05: _New York Times reco...
- 02/01/17--17:05: _Fashion week goes o...
- 02/01/17--17:10: _Preview of Vikings ...
- 02/01/17--17:30: _Margot Robbie showi...
- 02/01/17--17:57: _promos for switched...
- 02/01/17--18:10: _Arrow 5x12 "Bratva"...
- 02/01/17--18:22: _RuPaul's Drag Race ...
- 02/01/17--18:30: _Beyoncé broke Selen...
- 02/01/17--19:10: _camila cabello reli...
- 02/01/17--19:20: _Chrissy Teigen for ...
- 02/01/17--19:37: _How Much Stuff Can ...
- 02/01/17--19:45: _The Magicians 2x03 ...
- 02/01/17--19:51: _Matthew McConaughey...
- 02/01/17--20:20: _Henry Cavill posts ...
- Octavia was talking about how the Ensemble Award is the best one to get @ the SAGs because it meant everyone was essential to the making of the movie and then she wanted to pass the mic to Kirsten Dunst.
- After admiting to be jet lagged, the sis was asked how she handled having to say so many mean things in the movie to what she answered: "I just pretended my character was very frustrated because she was in love with Octavia. I turned it on its head, so, yes, it's very uncomfortable, and Octavia was like, "Just do it, just do it baby, just do it." and I was like "Oh my God, ok, I love you, here you go."
- Taraji P. Henson added that they would joke a lot on set because they knew that it was a delicated subject and it would help them to not be so saddened about how these women had no agency back then:"What I admire most about them, and it makes me think about being in the industry: Do not focus on the problems, focus on the solutions. Wallowing amok and talking about the problem is not moving us. What are we going to do to get past this? And I think that's why this film is so timely, because...interestingly enough, it's 1962 again, almost, right?"
- But Taraji managed remained positive about her world views: "The beautiful thing about where we are today in 2017 is that the majority of humanity is on the right side of history. So we have to celebrate that, and fear not, fear not. Because if you have faith—fear and faith cannot coexist. You've got to choose your side, pick your battles. I choose faith."She concluded before dropping the mic.
- 02/01/17--15:22: Tabloid Cover Wednesday
- 02/01/17--15:43: Paris Jackson will guest-star on the show "STAR"
- 02/01/17--17:05: New York Times recognizes ONTD & its spinoff community
- 02/01/17--17:05: Fashion week goes out of this World with Bill Nye & Buzz Aldrin
- 02/01/17--17:10: Preview of Vikings 4x20 + Michael Hirst gave an AMA + Viewing Post
- 02/01/17--17:30: Margot Robbie showing off her skating skills for I, Tonya
- 02/01/17--17:57: promos for switched at birth and the fosters.
- 02/01/17--18:10: Arrow 5x12 "Bratva" promo
- 02/01/17--18:22: RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 Teasers - Day 2!
- Beyoncé's photo announcement of her second pregnancy has become the most-liked Instagram photo of all time.
- She broke Selena Gomez's record in a little over 7 hours.
- Beyoncé's photo currently has over 6.4 million likes.
- 02/01/17--19:10: camila cabello relies on her bff taylor for dating advice
- 02/01/17--19:20: Chrissy Teigen for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2017
- 02/01/17--19:37: How Much Stuff Can Dakota Johnson Fit in Her Gap Teeth?
- 02/01/17--19:45: The Magicians 2x03 Promo "Divine Elimination"
- 02/01/17--19:51: Matthew McConaughey wants Hollywood to embrace Trump
- 02/01/17--20:20: Henry Cavill posts "compromising video" on Instagram
Have you ever be mean to someone you were in love with, ONTD? Know any racists who are in a relationship with POC? Do you think the majority of humanity are on the right side of history? TYFYA!
Paris Jackson to guest star on ‘Star’ TV show https://t.co/xXh86GztdM— Gulf News (@gulf_news) January 31, 2017
-She will play an intimidating social media guru
Jimmy and Dakota Johnson perform an intense Fifty Shades Darker-inspired scene they've written together using Mad Libs.
hairless sausage lol
Every year film critics/journalists come out with their early Oscar predictions. 2016 was no different, but just how off were their early 2017 predictions?
The Birth of a Nation
Everyone and their mother was predicting “Birth of a Nation” to have a massive presence at the 2017 Oscars (Best Picture, Actor, Director, Screenplay, etc.). After having a strong showing at Sundance and being sold to Fox Searchlight for a stupid amount – Nate Parker began to be put under the spotlight and just completely failed at life. Although it had apparently been on his Wikipedia page for a while that he had been accused of rape years earlier, no one seemed to care/notice until the film he had written, produced, directed, and starred in was getting premature Oscar buzz. Fox Searchlight, having spent 17 million on the film, tried to save their ass by allowing Parker to do interviews. Interview after interview Parker painted himself as the victim; after it was revealed that the actual victim had killed herself years earlier, Parker only continued to be a horrible person and continued to paint himself as the victim. His film then flopped. So… the premature Oscar buzz was WRONG! SAD!
The last two Best Picture winners, Spotlight and Birdman, starred Michael Keaton, which meant that all eyes were on “The Founder” in 2017. The biopic of Ray Kroc, the man responsible for transforming McDonald’s from nothing to one of the biggest businesses in the world, has had a hard year – Weinstein messed around with its release date, in the hopes of giving it a better chance at the Oscars, which only lead to people not giving a shit and being overshadowed by now Oscar-nominated films. It was predicted to be a major film at this years Oscars, in reality it’s become the “WHO?” of 2017, congrats Harvey, you played yourself. SAD!
“Silence” was expected to be a major contender this year. Of Martin Scorsese last 6 films, 5 of them were nominated, meaning everyone just assumed “Silence” would be nominated… it wasn’t. SAD!
It’s a film about some dude who landed a plane on the Hudson, stars Tom Hanks and is directed by Clint Eastwood. After his propaganda film, American Sniper, did well (earning 6 nominations), people predicted this to be a hit with voters… It was mad boring, so I’m assuming Academy Members fell asleep like I did and forgot it existed once voting time came. SAD!
Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk
Literally what is this movie? It was expected to do well because it's Ang Lee and Cesar Award winning (I want a recount tbh) thespian and critically acclaimed poet Kristen Stewart, but it was released and subsequently ignored. SAD!
Jessica Chastain supposedly had two possible films that could earn her a nomination – “Miss Sloane” and “The Zookeepers Wife” (OP’s upset her tremendous work in “The Huntsman: Winter's War” was ignored in these early predictions). “Miss Sloane” (wrongly) flopped and “The Zookeepers Wife” was pushed back, most likely cause it sucks. So no nominations for ha! SAD!
Since winning her Oscar in 2014, Lupita Nyong’o has really only voiced CGI characters; with “Queen Of Katwe” she was expected to lock up a nomination. The film (wrongly) flopped and has since been ignored along with Lupita. Disney needs to apologize tbh.
The McConaissance is officially over! Matthew McConfhgfhjsjfjkjkfs was starring in two films in 2016, Gold and Free State of Jones, both flopped, hard, lmao. SAD!
Manchester By The Sea
This bland movie was always expected to do well, it has. Whatever.
La La Land
ONTD’s favorite film of 2016 was predicted to be the film of the 2017 Oscars. It earned the most nominations, tying with Titanic and All About Eve. It’s expected to win everything, which I’m sure will make ONTD super happy.
There's more, but I got bored halfway through making this post tbh.
SOURCE: My memory, I guess.
Pic Source: My computer
A Buzzfeed exclusive
In a shocking twist, both Tiffany Richardson and Rebecca Epley were eliminated from the competition. And whereas Rebecca became emotional as they hugged their former competitors, Tiffany attempted to lighten the mood. Tyra did not care for that.
And then came the most iconic speech in American History.
• Tiffany auditioned at 21 after her grandma suggested it to her as “as an opportunity to do more with her life.” Tiffany at the time was stripping and partying hard.
• She auditioned for season 3 but didn’t move forward. Possibly because of a fight at a bar (in her defense she was provoked). Producers suggested that she take anger management based on her psych test. Tiffany tried it for “a second” then quit.
• On her next test she just gave them the answers they wanted.
• During season 4 auditions Tiffany mentioned the new changes in her life: anger management, getting help with her baby, and that she had grown. Reflecting now Tiffany said, “Honestly, looking back, I was full of shit. Like, I was still the same person. … [I was] playing the fucking role. … I fed into the crap they was telling me and I ran with it.”
During season 4:
• Tiffany felt like an outsider, she was unfamiliar with designer clothes and makeup.
• Fellow contestant Keenyah Hill said to Buzzfeed: “Tiffany was humiliated by a lot of the stuff that was going on in the show. She felt alienated and she felt targeted a lot.”
• Tiffany felt like the judges were often not constructive and that “the the contestants were only ridiculed from week to week.”
• Judge Nole Marin said in his interview that judges didn’t spend time with the girls which probably contributed to some girls being blindsided in their critiques. Judge Barker mentioned too in his own interview, that in the real world the critiques would be harsher.
• Tiffany said that the incident was actually much worse than depicted, Tyra at one point saying "You can go back to your house and sleep on your mattress on the floor with your baby” Producer Heather Cocks who worked in the editing admitted that Tyra’s tirade was longer but didn’t remember that comment
• Brittany Bower, a fellow contestant, said: “It was definitely harsh … almost like Tyra wanted her to be devastated when she got eliminated, and when Tiffany was not acting that way, it’s like she just lost it. … There was a lot more anger there, especially in the beginning.”
• Keenyah Hill, to a degree saw where Tyra was coming from however, saying that Tiffany had a chill and ‘unbothered’ attitude, though added that “[Banks] probably did go in”
Judges Marin, Barker, and Dickinson along with the producer said that the speech came from a place of affection and care. Barker called it “maternal more than anything else”
• The story needed closure. Heather Cocks said that Tyra led the charge. Bringing her own mother who Tiffany warmed up to, they all met post-elimination and had a heart-to-heart where Tyra claimed she would mentor Tiffany. Tiffany now recognizes the manipulation and said: “I didn’t think she cared. I don’t think she gave a fuck about none of us, except for the ones who made it big. But hey, it is what it is.”
• In a second exit interview, dressed in a pink top Tiffany spoke positively about Tyra and the experience (“'Tyra really did care about me, her yelling at me. I have the utmost respect for her, ‘cause she could’ve easily said, ‘OK, whatever.’ And, you know, ‘Bye.’ That showed me that she saw deeply into me and she cared about me.’”) This is interwoven of shots of Tiffany in her elimination black dress packing up.
• Tyra and her assistant called and talked with Tiffany 3-4 times after. Tiffany felt the conversations were superficial.
• Tiffany appeared on the Tyra show twice and their relationship soured after Tiffany and her Grandma called Tyra out on always drawing attention to the negatives when it came to Tiffany. Tyra never responded.
• After rewatching the episode said: "It was deep, it was passionate…the music’s going, Tyra’s beautiful self yelling [at the] poor little black girl. “It was beautiful for TV. They love to see black girls struggling and somebody coming to save her … and that just didn’t work out that way this time.”
• She doesn’t think about ANTM much and wished she had been able to take advantage of the situation. She’s asked about it constantly.
• Works at a group home and occasionally models but that isn’t her priority.
• Doesn’t look back on the show with negative feelings.
It’s a nicely written article that’s way more interesting and gray than my loose summary can relay. Check it out!
The New York Times has written an article about the once popular ONTD spinoff community, fashin
- Mentions how ONTD birthed the popular blog
- Helped cause the rise of Bryanboy, Jeffree Starr & Hari Neff
Favorite ontd spinoff?
-Bill Nye and Buzz Aldrin just made their runway debut. The two unlikely models made an appearance at the Nick Graham Fall 2017 show today at New York Fashion Week.
-Nye, 61, and Aldrin, 87, were a perfect fit for the presentation, since the theme was "Life on Mars: Fall-Winter 2035."
OLIVER RETURNS TO RUSSIA — A mission takes Oliver (Stephen Amell), Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and team to Russia where they meet up with Oliver’s old friend, Anatoly (guest star David Nykl). Meanwhile, fresh out of rehab, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) returns to the mayor’s office ready to get back to work. However, when Susan (guest star Carly Pope) asks for an interview with Lance to discuss his addiction, he balks and it’s up to Rene (guest star Rick Gonzalez) to help keep things on track. Ben Bray directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Emilio Ortega Aldrich.
source / source
Hello squirrel friends, here's what happened on the second day of teasers from the new season of RuPaul's Drag Race!
The official Ruveal is tomorrow at 1PM EST/10AM PST!
Trinity Taylor (evidence here and here)
Jaymes Mansfield (evidence here and here - cheek marks)
Sasha Velour (evidence here and here)
Kimora Blac (evidence here and here - clock the skirt seams )
Alexis Michele (evidence here and here - nails.)
Valentina (evidence here, here - shoulders - here and here - ring)
Peppermint (evidence here - skin tone and leg size match)
Shea Couleé (evidence here and here - boots.)
Nina Bo'nina Brown (evidence here and here - busted contour and purple paint.)
Note: These are speculations based on their outfits, it may be wrong.
I am living for the song on the teaser!! Are you excited for the official Ruveal?
Beyonce's pregnancy photo breaks Selena Gomez's record for most-liked Instagram photo ever -- in less than 8 hours https://t.co/CPTJOYZm81— billboard (@billboard) February 2, 2017
Ngl, even though I like Selena, the tweets about her looking for a new job now that she isn't the queen of Instagram anymore have been killing me because they're hilarious.
- karla dished on her friendship with taylor where she admitted that swift is actually very knowledgeable about dating stuff
- "we talk about love a lot and if i ever have any questions about love or if there’s anything that i’m going through at the time, whether it’s with a boy or with a friend, she’s a very good person to ask those kind of questions. she’s very knowledgeable about that stuff."
would you take dating advice from taylor?
source / source
Adorable ray of sunshine Dakota Johnson has a very unique skill - fitting various items in her gap teeth.
People who can make fun of themselves are my favorite type of people
During an interview with the BBC, where he promoted his new box office flop, Gold, Matthew McConaughey was asked if Hollywood should give Trump a break. He responded by saying that there isn't a choice, he's our President now, and whether you strongly disagree with him over what he's done and will do, it's time to embrace that he's President and be constructive with him for the next four years.
what would you rather do instead of embracing the orange anus, ontd??
"Another compromising video, another day on the Road To Recovery.
"Rehabbing my knee and training for The Durrell Challenge at the same time. By the end of this I think I might be ready for the first ever deep-sea marathon.
Source 1 + 2
His words, not mine.