Articles on this Page
- 10/10/16--08:14: _TV Ratings: Early N...
- 10/10/16--08:14: _Sycophantic Toadie ...
- 10/10/16--08:36: _Westworld 1x03 Prom...
- 10/10/16--08:36: _ONTD Roundup
- 10/10/16--09:55: _"Condé Nast Travell...
- 10/10/16--09:55: _Lin-Manuel Miranda ...
- 10/10/16--09:56: _Andrzej Wajda, Acad...
- 10/10/16--09:56: _The Birth of a Nati...
- 10/10/16--09:56: _Michael Ealy joins ...
- 10/10/16--10:58: _Paris Jackson’s boy...
- 10/10/16--10:58: _Quinoa Queen Shaile...
- 10/10/16--10:59: _ONTD Original: Is t...
- 10/10/16--10:59: _Ryan Lochte is Enga...
- 10/10/16--11:36: _Celine Dion Says La...
- 10/10/16--21:45: _Demi Lovato heads t...
- 10/10/16--21:51: _You can meet & gree...
- 10/10/16--22:01: _Death Cab For Cutie...
- 10/10/16--22:10: _Demi Lovato wants t...
- 10/10/16--22:15: _Promo for Convictio...
- 10/11/16--06:05: _DNCE release the mu...
- 10/10/16--08:14: TV Ratings: Early Numbers Off Nearly 20 Percent From First Debate
- 10/10/16--08:36: Westworld 1x03 Promo "The Stray"
- 10/10/16--08:36: ONTD Roundup
- Alec Baldwin Does Donald Trump Pussy Grabbing Skit on SNL
- 'Entertainment Tonight' host Nancy O'Dell Reacts to Donald Trump Recording
- Mark Burnett Threatening to Sue Anyone Who Leaks "Apprentice" Footage of Trump Being a Creep
- Celebrities Tweet About Second Presidential Debate
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie doesn't completely agree with Beyoncé's feminism
- Weekend Box Office: The Girl on the Train opens at #1
- Spanish Soccer Stars Issue Apology To Fans After Threesome Sex Tape Scandal
- ONTD Original: Is Kristen Stewart A Serial Cheater?
- 10/10/16--09:55: Lin-Manuel Miranda slays SNL
- 10/10/16--09:56: The Birth of a Nation and Nat Turner in His Own Words
- 10/10/16--09:56: Michael Ealy joins the cast of "Being Mary Jane"
- 10/10/16--10:58: Paris Jackson’s boyfriend covers up Confederate flag tattoo
- 10/10/16--10:58: Quinoa Queen Shailene Woodley is Arrested!
- 10/10/16--10:59: ONTD Original: Is the new Power Rangers movie going to flop?
- 10/10/16--10:59: Ryan Lochte is Engaged.
- 10/10/16--21:45: Demi Lovato heads to Iraq to assess refugee situation
- 10/10/16--21:51: You can meet & greet Madonna for $150,000
- 10/10/16--22:01: Death Cab For Cutie releases new MV for anti-Trump song
- 10/10/16--22:10: Demi Lovato wants to become an MMA fighter
- 10/10/16--22:15: Promo for Conviction 01 x 03 "Dropping Bombs"
- 10/11/16--06:05: DNCE release the music video for 'Body Moves'.
it did a 37.2 overnight rating (down from 46.2 from the last debate)
Billy Bush, suspended. pic.twitter.com/boUasNrJE5— deray mckesson (@deray) October 10, 2016
NBC News suspended Billy Bush from the Today Show because of his role in the notorious Trump tape. In case you've only just gotten back from a mission to the International Space Station and nobody has told you what happened: Trump was on a tour of a soap set for Billy Bush back in 2005 during his Apprentice days. They were doing a dumb tie-in promo for a Hollywood news show that is not Entertainment Tonight. Trump's mic was still on and recording him when he said he wanted to "grab her by the pussy" --
Below the cut, check out John Oliver's segment on Billy Bush from Last Week Tonight:
Thoughts on last night's episode ONTD? I passed out after Cashew's Daddy got on the train going into Westworld. I was exhausted from the debate.
For Sunday, October 9, 2016:
It’s about how our labelling of people as immigrants, refugees and outsiders is creating a culture of xenophobia. We are allowing thousands of innocent people who are forced to cross borders due to unimaginable terror and atrocities to be treated without humanity and empathy. It’s about how we are allowing some powerful leaders to build barriers that make it more difficult for bright, motivated and hardworking people to see more of the world, learn from it and make it better for us all.
It’s time we demand better, and stand against the building of walls, literal and otherwise. We must demand a world free of racism and bigotry and prejudice, so that we—and generations after us—may enjoy all the abundance that travel offers, the beauty of a world that is open and rich and diverse in its people and cultures and geographies. And we must, in the midst of our many differences, find and celebrate our commonalities, our oneness. We must recognise that we are all on a journey. Whether we are moving across oceans or just a few kilometres, or in our mind’s eye, into a completely different world, whether we are doing so due to free will or circumstance—we are all travellers.
And this is why Priyanka Chopra—a star at home and abroad, who has experienced firsthand the opportunities that travel offers—is the perfect ambassador. It’s not about her being a refugee or immigrant or outsider; it’s about her, like us, recognising the power of travel, and joining us in asking everyone to do better for each other.
- it's the best ratings for a second episode since 2008
- last week's premiere had a 5.7 demo and this week had a 5.2
Leading Polish filmmaker Andrzej Wajda dies at 90 https://t.co/VpPeaBtZcR— TIME (@TIME) 10 października 2016
* Andrzej Wajda has died at the age of 90
* he died in hospital of lung failure after being put into a medically induced coma in recent days
* Last year he directed Powidoki, which is Poland’s official entry for this year’s Academy Awards
* he made almost 40 movies ( Katyń, Ashes and Diamonds, Man of Marble etc.)
TIME: The Birth of a Nation and Nat Turner in His Own Words https://t.co/7JykyAgNty— N-Feeds (@NFeedsApp) October 9, 2016
In addition to the infamous ahistorical rape scene the article discusses the differences between the film and what happened historically. Among other things the film omits Nat Turner's belief that he was chosen by the Holy Spirit as well as the numerous murders of women and children committed during the rebellion.
Ealy will play Justin Talbot, the new producer of Great Day USA, and unfortunately for Mary Jane, he is also the man who previously got her fired from CNN
He was approached directly by his friend Union to consider taking on the role.
Paris Jackson’s boyfriend’s controversial Confederate flag tattoo has gone up in flames.
Over the weekend, tattoo artist Justin Lewis’ Instagram account revealed 26 year old musician Michael Snoddy had the offending ink covered up with curling flames (and added a cigarette to the cackling skull above).
“Cover up on my buddy @michaelsnoddy love ya brother,” Lewis captioned a before-and-after image of the 26-year-old tattoo.
Snoddy has defended his love of the Confederate flag by stating it's simply about southern pride and nothing more. He has multiple pictures on Instagram shamelessly displaying the flag. In the past he's claimed he couldn't be racist or else he "wouldn't be dating a black girl".
Snoddy was also caught using the n-word several times on his Twitter account.
The tweets, dating from 2009 to 2011, feature repeated use of the word n***** and resurfaced following the earlier allegation.
"@lolmattd hooked us n***** up at 'The S***'!!!" reads one post.
In 2011 he tweeted: "Thirsty thursday with the n*****".
"put your hood up n****, put your hood up!!!!," was another.
Shailene Woodley, clay and bone broth eating enthusiast, was arrested this morning during a peaceful protest of the Dakota Access Pipeline. Shailene and around 100 other protestors were arrested for protesting after engaging in protest on a construction site. The Dakota Access Pipeline is set to be built on Standing Rock Sioux land and burial grounds.
Guess what, ONTD? I have my eyes set on a new movie after Floptastic Flop:
Did you know that the Power Rangers movie was originally supposed to be released July 22, 2016? Did you know it was pushed back to January 13, 2017? But isn't the release date is March 24, 2017? Yes, that means it got pushed back twice.
The title was originally: "It's less than 6 months before the release date and there is no trailer", but
Who is this movie appealing to? For example, the only reason Pixar continues to make Cars movies is because the toy sales make up a killing for its lower box office returns. There are going to be toys from this movie
Is this being marketed to the people who grew up watching Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers? That's debatable as this looks nothing like the TV show and won't compare to the very first Power Rangers movie. Lionsgate scrapped the script for the version that would have been an actual modern update of the original show so they don't care about your nostalgia 25-35 year olds. The only similarities are quite frankly the names and bare bones personality but then we get ALL THAT ANGST. Plus as far as we know, unless they signed non-disclosure agreements, none of the original cast were asked to cameo so the old fans looking for some real nostalgia are currently shit out of luck
There's no way this movie is going to be over PG-13 (obviously) so the question on how it handles its serious tone compared to other PG-13 movies (Fantastic Four, Batman Begins, etc) remains to be seen.
Wikipedia says the budget for the movie $150 million but the source article says its $120 million. Advertising dollars is not mentioned so we'll stick with a range of $120-150 million budget. It will not be released in China so there's absolutely no way this movie will make $240-300 million to break even on box office returns alone. Fantastic Four was released in twice as many countries, according to IMDB, and it only made 39.9% more than its budget.
Plus this movie has some competition:
● Logan is being released on March 3. That's 3 weeks before Power Rangers. If Logan is good and has legs like Deadpool, that will take some of the 17+ crowd away from Power Rangers.
● Kong: Skull Island is being released on March 10. That's 2 weeks before Power Rangers. I'm going to say King Kong is more well known than Power Rangers based on it still being a thing after 83 years. This could have some legs.
● Beauty and the Beast is being released on March 17. That's just 1 week before Power Rangers. This movie is obviously targeted towards Families and girls. Cinderella made $201.2 million in America. This movie could do similar numbers. This movie won't take away the male demographic like the previous two movies can and probably will but ask yourself this: After watching the teaser trailer for Power Rangers do you think it appeals to girls? I don't think really think so
● King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is being released the same day. That's some competition for the male demographic.
● Ghost in the Shell is being released 1 week after. Will curious minds see the movie to see how
The biggest factor of all is word of mouth and reviews. This is what killed Fantastic Four. This could ultimately kill the Power Rangers movie. We'll see how the screenings/premiere plays out.
So Good Luck, Lionsgate, I
@Uptomyknees i know this is bold here. but new power rangers trailer looks like chronicle. lionsgate stole some story.— Parris Watkins (@superparris28) October 9, 2016
Yeah, it appears they hired the writer of Chronicle and he wrote a Power Rangers movie, so they fired him and made Chronicle instead. https://t.co/F8lVEJqoU5— Max Landis (@Uptomyknees) October 9, 2016
Did anyone think this didn't look like Chronicle? I mean they go to some rocky place and discover some alien objects that gives them actual super powers? Their suits look like something from Iron Man and their morph should remind you of Venom. Not to mention the Red Ranger's mirror stare down looked exactly like Spider-man 1. Why stop there? Breakfast Club misfits come together and become friends.
1. They could done better with the casting. The Red and Pink Rangers are pretty basic (and Red Ranger looks like Zac Efron). Ludi should have been the Red Ranger after watching the teaser, IMO because he is gorgeous. Obligatory, they changed Rita from an Asian person to a white one.
2. The last Power Rangers movie (Turbo) did very badly in theaters but no one is or was checking for it anyway.
3. You shouldn't be giving Saban any of your money to be honest. Why? See Power Rangers Super Megaforce: Legendary Battle. They completely over invited Rangers to participate and turned many away who wanted to return. Then they offered little money for a trip across the world for what was less than 5 minutes of screen time. That episode was terrible and was such an F You because it should have been better and they admitted it but GREED. Plus we aren't getting this. My nostalgia dollars are going to remain in my pocket because this movie doesn't cut it.
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
ONTD, remember when you said Fantastic Four wasn't going to flop? What excuse will you make when Power Rangers flops? Will it be the same excuse?
ryanlochte Memories forever!!! #thelochtes #LA
Ryan Lochte, 33, is engaged to model girlfriend, Kayla Rae Reid, 25. The couple met in January 2016 in a Hollywood nightclub.
kaylaraereid Speechless. Absolutely beautiful.
So in love with YOU. ❤️
In an interview with CBS Sunday Morning, Celine Dion, 48, admits that late husband Rene Angelil was the only man she has ever kissed. The couple met when she was 12 years old, and he was 38.
At 6:02 in the video, Dion says, "Before he left, it was very, very difficult for all of us,” Celine said. “For me especially, and my children, to see the man of my life die a little bit more every day. And when he left, it was kind of a relief for me that the man that I love, the only man that I kissed, the only man that I loved — yeah, I never kissed another man in my life. So the man of my life was my partner, and we were one. So when he stopped suffering, I said to myself, ‘He’s OK. And he deserves not to suffer.’"
Retired pop princess Demi Lovato has just arrived in Kurdistan, Iraq, where she met with the Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani to discuss not only the ongoing refugee situation but also humanitarian efforts.
She also brought along CAST Center, a treatment facility which she now co-owns, to attempt to help those she could.
Demi Lovato with PM Nechirvan Barzani in Kurdistan, Iraq - October 8th pic.twitter.com/qWXgDCmQ0x— Demi Lovato News (@justcatchmedemi) October 10, 2016
Demi Lovato with Cast Recovery, on their visit to Kurdistan, Iraq to speak with refugees from Syria. pic.twitter.com/iJzxvM0kyH— Demi News & Promo (@allaboutdeminow) October 10, 2016
Love her or hate her, you've really gotta respect the amount of charity work she does. Being open and standing up for things in Hollywood can be hard, so I admire her for constantly thinking of others and trying to make the world a better place.
Source: 1, 2, 3
Madonna is charging $5,000 and up for a 400-person show during Art Basel in Miami Beach on 12/2.
The show will raise money for her Raising Malawi charity.
Her most expensive ticket package ($150,000) includes a table for 10 with access for four guests to a VIP cocktail reception and meet-and-greet with Madonna.
Source: Miami Herald
How much have you paid to meet & greet your faves?
Fox Sports' Jay Glazer says that Demi Lovato wants to become an MMA fighter.
Demi Lovato trains at Glazer's MMA training gym.
Glazer says she's a better fighter than most of the UFC guys that train at his gym.
Have you ever gotten into a physical altercation before?
While the CIU team vociferously disagrees among themselves whether the “bad guys” also deserve justice, they work to exonerate a political activist with questionable views. He is serving a life sentence for planting a bomb at a mosque that killed a prominent Imam and three worshippers. The re-examination of the case calls into question the NYPD’s role which puts Hayes in Wallace’s crosshairs. After a rigorous analysis of the evidence, the stunning conclusion to the case leaves one member of the team strongly dissatisfied with the outcome. Meanwhile, just as Hayes and Wallace seem to be getting cozy, they discover that their worst nightmare has been realized, on “Conviction,” Monday, October 17th on ABC.
This episode was better than the pilot. Also I randomly sort of love all the wardrobe on this show. So far my favorite thing is this sibling relationship though.
Can we just discuss how amazing Joe and JinJoo look in this video?