Articles on this Page
- 07/31/16--08:26: _Most scandalous CBB...
- 07/31/16--08:35: _Liam Payne Walking ...
- 07/31/16--08:40: _Matt Lauer Roundup
- 07/31/16--08:46: _The princess of (K)...
- 07/31/16--08:52: _J.K Rowling says Ha...
- 07/31/16--08:59: _Miss Teen USA 2016 ...
- 07/31/16--08:59: _Don't Come to Brazi...
- 07/31/16--09:06: _AMC - PREACHER Mara...
- 07/31/16--09:14: _New Covergirl comme...
- 07/31/16--09:22: _Top 10 Pop Songs Of...
- 07/31/16--09:31: _Weekend Box Office:...
- 07/31/16--10:27: _First look at Katy ...
- 07/31/16--10:47: _(Atheist) Beauty Bl...
- 07/31/16--12:18: _'Divorce' Promo #1
- 07/31/16--12:18: _ACTRESS MEAGAN GOOD...
- 07/31/16--12:47: _Peep Show to get (a...
- 07/31/16--12:52: _Trailers for new MT...
- 07/31/16--12:57: _Unreleased (new?) F...
- 07/31/16--13:33: _Blue Ivy judges Gra...
- 07/31/16--13:46: _ONTD Original: 1998...
- 07/31/16--08:26: Most scandalous CBB yet?
- 07/31/16--08:35: Liam Payne Walking Post
- 07/31/16--08:40: Matt Lauer Roundup
- 07/31/16--08:46: The princess of (K)pop is back with "How's This?" Music Video!
- 07/31/16--08:52: J.K Rowling says Harry is "Done Now"
- 07/31/16--08:59: Miss Teen USA 2016 winner loves using the n-word on Twitter
- 07/31/16--08:59: Don't Come to Brazil Believes Beyonce Kidnapped Sia
- 07/31/16--09:14: New Covergirl commercial featuring Zendaya
- 07/31/16--09:22: Top 10 Pop Songs Of All Time
- 07/31/16--10:47: (Atheist) Beauty Blogger wears hijab for tutorial
- 07/31/16--12:18: 'Divorce' Promo #1
- 07/31/16--12:47: Peep Show to get (another, hopefully good) American remake
- 07/31/16--12:52: Trailers for new MTV comedies
- 07/31/16--13:33: Blue Ivy judges Grandma Tina for jumping off a yacht
- 07/31/16--13:46: ONTD Original: 1998, A year of one hit wonders
The most scandalous Celebrity Big Brother ever? After THAT penis flash, the most outrageous housemates sure to ... https://t.co/N7ms6vCTPe— Big Brother News (@BigBrotherNwsBt) July 31, 2016
-Renee showed off her new ass
-Chloe Khan showed nipple
-Lewis Bloor flashed penis
-Frankie Grande showed his ass
Liam was seen entering a West London recording studio a few days ago, most likely to work on material for his debut solo album after signing a deal with Capitol Records UK.
ONTD, have you ever recorded an album?
What has loser Matt Lauer been up to lately? Let's find out!
Mr. Fat Cat sold his SECOND Hamptons home recently for $18 million dollars
Oh, and he also bought another Hamptons home for $36.5 million. I guess reporting about the latest Kardashian story on Today pays well.
He somehow scored an interview with Chelsea Clinton and got called out on Twitter for being a drama queen
He also got called out for his interview with Melania Trump
The way Matt Lauer treats her like a child is kind of weird and gross. https://t.co/Ue7GuNF028— James McLeod (@TelegramJames) July 19, 2016
According to the Daily Mail, he had his Today show co-host Natalie Morales fired because he "no longer wanted to work with her anymore" not unlike the way he had Ann Curry fired a few years ago.
He FURIOUSLY erupted at Today show staff after they played a light-hearted prank on him. No wonder nobody at Today likes him.
Stay tuned for another roundup next month!
-Spoke to reuters at an event for the opening of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
-Is happy with the play, but says Harry's story is finished since he goes on a big journey during the play
-Says the play, written by her, Jack Thorne (playwright) and John Tiffany (director) matches her vision for the next generation, and 'works perfectly'
-Has no intention to write another novel for Harry Potter
-Screenplay was officially released midnight to coincide with Harry and JKR's birthday (July 31st)
Discussion for My Immortal 2016! Remember to use lj spoiler tags for those who managed to avoid everything. < lj-spoiler title="Spoiler Title"> spoiler text here < /lj-spoiler > (remove spaces)
- Miss Teen USA 2016 was criticized for the lack of diversity in their Top 5.
- The winner they crowned was also controversial.
Karlie Hay was crowned the winner of Miss Teen USA 2016 yesterday. She also loves using the n-word.
Former Miss Teen USA (2010) Kamie Crawford reacted:
I can take the #missteenusa top 5 being an all white, all blonde top 5. What I can't take is - why didn't the winner clean up her page? 🤔🤔🤔— Kamie Crawford (@TheRealKamie) July 31, 2016
If u win any pageant - first things first. Clean up ur page. Cus if ur under 21 u shouldn't b drinking&if ur WHITE the n word ain't yo word!— Kamie Crawford (@TheRealKamie) July 31, 2016
Chrissy Teigen reacted:
Wow how can we choose from such a diverse bunch https://t.co/0a4JHbP465— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 31, 2016
- Brazilians are convinced that Beyoncé kidnapped and hostaged Sia to force her to write songs.
- There's a #SaveSia hashtag and some are searching for clues in Sia's tweets.
- The consiparacy theory started when Sia described working with Beyonce as writing camp.
AMC will marathon all episodes today before the finale starting at 11:15am EST (same time for PST)! So if you've been curious about the show, or missed an episode, here's your chance to tune in or set your DVRs =)
Notice a familiar location from last week's episode? If you're a fan of Breaking Bad, then you'll have recognized this place. It's not a coincidence, either. Apart from being on the same network, Sam Catlin and Michael Slovis (both executive producers for Preacher, as well as director of Photography in Slovis's case) are Breaking Bad vets! Click here to watch a video on FB, with Sam explaining why they decided to add this homage for the show.
Below is a fan-made video of both scenes =) Wait, did they use the same dog?
- Kevin Smith, moderator for the panel, starts off talking about so many people had tried and failed to get Preacher adapted to film and television, when finally "two kids from Canada, of all places, who fell in love with this material..." were able to do it.
- DVD for Season 1 coming October 4th 2016.
- Garth Ennis was on board for this as long as it kept the spirit of the comic, but was up for anything to enhance the source material. "It's full of stuff I wish I thought of."
- Ruth shares what she loves the most about Tulip.
- Learn about how Joseph got into acting. Considers himself lucky not to be in jail, and his family and friends are so proud of him.
- Graham McTavish (The Cowboy aka The Saint of Killers) is a fan of the comics and wanted so much to be a part of it.
- Seth shares a funny story about how he wanted so bad to portray Eugene/Arseface when Sam Mendes was set to originally bring Preacher to the screen.
- 2nd part are fan questions, apologies didn't have time to watch it all this morning
Reposting the season finale trailer for tonight's ep :
- Jesse hopes to follow through on his promise to obtain answers from heaven; the entire town waits with bated breath.
Here it is, finale coming tonight @ 9/8c on AMC! Afterwards, a special Talking Preacher will feature Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and Eugene/Arseface himself, Ian Colleti. They'll be answering questions you can submit using the #TalkingPreacher hashtag. I believe a user from here is planning on attending, so hope to hear of their experience during it!
What are your hopes for tonight's finale? Here's a few of mine : I'm praying the fan-theory about DeBlanc and Fiore will be confirmed. I absolutely love this change, though I am also worried about DeBlanc's fate from last week... And finally, I'm happy it seems like they're leaving Annville behind, but I would like a nice bit of closure on some of the characters we've come to know. Especially Eugene's fate! Well, see y'all in church!
SOURCE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Ad for the brand's Clean Matte BB Cream for Oily Skin.
9. Lady Gaga - Poker Face (2008)
7. Katy Perry ft Snoop Dogg - California Gurls (2010)
5. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun (1983)
2. Madonna - Vogue (1990)
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
What did you watch this weekend, ONTD?
With nearly 2 million subscribers, youtube beauty guru Chloe Morello is at the top of her game. However, a new video titled "EID MAKEUP TUTORIAL: Soft Glam Look with Cool Tones!"is causing controversy, with outlets like Cosmo & Refinery29 reporting on it. Keep in mind, Morello is NOT Muslim. She claims like sooooo many people have been asking for like an eid tutorial including her totally cool muslim friend (or something like that).
Here are a few sample comments from the video:
- "Shes using this as a costume! If you are not muslim you will not understand. and i dont understand why you all are talking about this issue."
- "However, wearing a hijab for the purpose of the video is wrong. For you it's easy to wear it like a costume, for the purpose of a tutorial, while actual Muslim women wear it with the risk of being harassed or being attacked due to the fact islamophobia is still so high in society"
- "I would never wear a hijab ...that's like wearing a kippah as a decoration....you can't try on a religion."
She made a statement via the daily mail claiming she is an atheist and it's not an issue: "It makes as much sense as it does to do a Christmas tutorial.... I'm not trying to promote any religion here I'm just trying to promote acceptance." (girl way to miss the point)
source 1, 2, 3
This is the story of a very, very long Divorce. Executive Producer Sarah Jessica Parker and Thomas Haden Church star in HBO’s new comedy series premiering October 9 at 10PM.
July 28, 2016
Krazy Actress Productions (founded by Meagan Good and Tamara Bass) - not sure why they chose a silly-arse name, but thats what the are called.They are seeking funding via indigogo for their feature film - 'If Not Now, When?'. The film is written by Tamara Bass. Both Tamara and Megan will star in the film. Both ladies are trying to play on our sense of nostalgia by saying the film is in the sam vein as female bonding movies from the 80s and ‘90s - such as Women of Brewester Place, Set It off and Waiting to Exhale.
The synopsis from their website - If Not Now, When? introduces us to SUZANNE (Meagan Good), PATRICE (Tamara Bass), TYRA (TBA) and DEIDRE (TBA), who have been friends since meeting at 14. Over the course of their lives, fights, disagreements and love have caused friction and distance to manifest between some of them, particularly Suzanne and Patrice, who haven’t spoken in almost 15 years. When Tyra, who is mother to 14 year old JILLIAN (TBA), suffers a crisis, all four women are drawn back together to make it through, and soon discover that they also need each other, and that sisterhood, to make it through what is currently happening in their individual lives.
Tears, laughter and most importantly heart are at the center of this poignant drama. If Not Now, When? captures the essence of those female bonding movies that were prevalent in the 90’s, while telling a story that is stirring and will most certainly tug at your emotions.
The ladies have said they are going down the crowd funding route so they can maintain creative control of the film. Which is fair enough, after all we have all heard of stories of POC filmmakers, show runners etc being told to whiten and lighten characters.
But, I can't help but feel like they have other ways to get this film funded and this is just about Megan's thrifty nature. Between a menagerie of rich friends, Megan and her husband also have a bestselling book, Megan's long running career in Hollywood (which includes starting in predominately black films), and Meagan's husband (Devon Franklin) has a long career behind the scenes before he broke out on his own and has a hit film 'miracles from heaven' under his belt. One would think that with a wealth of resources between them they could get this film funded/made.
But as they say 'don't lend money to friends' and 'the best way to say rich is to not spend your own money'. Maybe that's why Meagan who previously asked guests to contribute to herhoneymoon fundis now doing this. Clearly, I'm not the only person sideye-ing, the fundraiser was launched days ago, and the ladies still haven't broken a thousand.
source, source 2, indiegogo incase I'm just a hater and you all would like to donate.
Mods I've changed the two lines I lifted from the source and I'm using the synopis from the production company website just in case there is an issue with this too - some of us are able to write more than two lines on a subject.
- Starz are developing U.S. version of cult British comedy Peep Show
- The creators and writers of the show, Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong, are involved as Consulting Producers (like Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant for The Office).
- An earlier remake attempt starring Johnny Galecki didn't get past pilot. It used voice overs but didn't use POV cameras, i.e. the USP of the show.
- Americans with Hulu can watch all 9 seasons along with another Bain and Armstrong show, Fresh Meat.
Up for this, ONTD?
From writing/directing team and executive producers Deborah Kaplan and Harry Elfont ("Can't Hardly Wait"), Entertainment 360 ("Game of Thrones") and MERRY JANE (a premier cannabis media platform) comes MTV's single camera, half-hour comedy about Jordan (Scout Durwood) and Paige (Jessica Rothe), two twenty-something best friends who run an all-female weed delivery service in Los Angeles. Filled with funny, raw and bizarre adventures, the show explores the uncharted territory as Los Angeles comes out of the Green Closet and gets into high and higher times.
Nicole Byer is living the Hollywood dream. Well, Hollywood adjacent – the deep valley to be precise – and it's not so much a dream but a struggle. In "Loosely Exactly Nicole," viewers will watch as Nicole, exuding her special brand of confidence and irreverence, demonstrates the hilarious missteps of what it means to be out on your own for the first time. With the help of her two besties, Veronica and Devin, Nicole will have to navigate the "real world" as she endures humiliating auditions, unpaid electric bills and the romantic battlefield that is Tinder, all while slowly, but surely, finding her voice as a comedian.
source 1, 2
July 29th marks the 12th year anniversary of Sonny Moore's first album with From First To last (and one of their bests, imo), appearing on Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has a Body Count. On July 30, the song below had premiered on Moore's Apple Music station. Additionally, the band is RTing/sharing Skrillex posts on their social media. Is their bad blood gone? Is this really a new song? What is not-forever-emo-OP going to do?
not giving mysself a lotta hope since MCR brought me through the ringer the other week tbh
Blue be like...
Previous Posts: 1999 | 2000 | 2001-2009
The music that really makes me miss the '90s most are the forgotten artists and songs - the ones that really made an impression for a short time and then disappeared from the charts. 18 years ago, artists like Jennifer Paige, Tatyana Ali and Five were topping the charts. These artists who created their 1998 smash hits were never able to replicate the success. Let's take a look at some of the best one hit wonders of 1998!
Disclaimer: These lists are based on U.S. Billboard Hot 100 only. Sorry to those who disagree with certain choices! It is what it is
Divine - Lately
The gospel-inspired song was released as the group's debut single in 1998 and peaked at no. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. The song was eventually released to international markets, but it failed to make as big of an impact as it did in North America. The group disbanded in 2000 and the song was rerecorded by Samantha Mumba for the European market.
Jennifer Paige - Crush
If you were alive and had a radio in 1998, chances are you heard Jennifer Paige's one and only hit "Crush." Almost immediately after Paige recorded the song, her producer gave a copy to KIIS-FM. "Crush" eventually became the station's most requested song, and it wasn't too long before everyone caught on. The song peaked at no. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100. Unfortunately, none of her album's singles gained much traction—at least not in the United States, where she never charted again.
Nicole Wray - Make It Hot
When Nicole Wray dropped that Timbaland produced-Missy laced track on us in '98, we were jamming. She was a decent alternative to Aaliyah's at the time, but for some reason, after "Make It Hot" peaked at no. 5 on the Hot 100 and went gold, Wray’s career started to slow down. She’s done some features, but "Make it Hot" was the last time we’ve successfully heard her shine on her own.
K.P. & Envyi - Swing My Way
This rap duo collaborated in 1998 to produce the hit single “Swing My Way”. It peaked at #6 on Billboard’s Hot 100 and remained in the top 40 for an additional 6 weeks. Their collaboration was short lived and only resulted in this one hit. As individual artists they were part of their own projects prior to producing “Swing my Way” and they’ve since been featured on singles of many other rap artists.
Tatyana Ali - Daydreamin'
Best known as Ashley Banks from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, it wasn’t until 1998 that Tatyana turned her attention to focus on her musical talents and released "Daydreamin'" from her debut album. The single peaked at no. 6 on the Hot 100 and stayed on the US chart for 17 weeks. Tatyana recently released an album in 2014.
Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy
"Sex And Candy" is by far one of the greatest and weirdest songs of the '90s, so it's easy to understand why the song became huge. The band was also curiously unique, with songs like "Comin' Up From Behind" and "Poppies." None of their songs made the impact that "Sex and Candy" did, which peaked at no. 8 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1998.
Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz - Deja Vu (Uptown Baby)
Peter Gunz linked with fellow Bronx MC Lord Tariq to create this New York City anthem. The song's main groove was lifted from Steely Dan's "Black Cow," and with its popular refrain ("Uptown baby, Uptown baby!"), it became the group's only hit. The song peaked at no. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100. Peter is currently being a fuckboy on VH1's Love & Hip-Hop.
Five - When The Lights Go Out
Released in 1998, "When the Lights Go Out" was the second single released from the British boy band Five’s debut album, 5ive. The song peaked at No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. While Five continued to have commercial success in Europe, the song remains their only U.S. hit.
Semisonic - Closing Time
"Closing Time" remains a pop-cultural touchstone, but it also remains the groups only top 40 hit. Some may say this band is not a one hit wonder, but the group peaked at no. 11 on the Billboard Hot 100 and never saw the same success again. Hole-in-the-wall bars are still kicking people out w/ this song to this day.
Pras - Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
Pras from the Fugees, Ol’ Dirty Bastard, and Mya aren't even close to being one-hit wonders, but they all came together in 1998 to create a one-off smash HIT for the film, Bulworth, starring Warren Beatty as a fading politician who becomes inspired by hip-hop culture. Thanks to the coming together of this elite group, this became Pras' one and only solo hit. But that's not to take away all of the success he has had with the Fugees!
- Uncle Sam, "I Don't Ever Wanna See You Again"
- TQ, "Westside"
- Jimmy Ray, "Are You Jimmy Ray?"
- Billie Myers, "Kiss The Rain"
- Nu Flavor, "Heaven
- Queen Pen, "All My Love"
- Alana Davis, "32 Flavors"
What were you doing in 1998, ONTD?
Source | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10