Articles on this Page
- 06/09/16--19:30: _Cursed Child: Fans ...
- 06/09/16--19:34: _2016 Guys Choice aw...
- 06/09/16--19:55: _The cop who arreste...
- 06/09/16--19:56: _Potential 'Alien: C...
- 06/09/16--19:56: _NSFW trailer for El...
- 06/09/16--19:57: _tswift's bff, karla...
- 06/09/16--20:18: _Orphan Black 4x10 P...
- 06/09/16--21:11: _Kenneth Choi joins ...
- 06/09/16--22:05: _Mindy Kaling & Hele...
- 06/10/16--04:30: _Nashville renewed f...
- 06/10/16--04:30: _Pink Is A Cool Mom ...
- 06/10/16--04:31: _Cleverman renewed f...
- 06/10/16--04:32: _Disney CEO whines a...
- 06/10/16--04:32: _trailer for Freefor...
- 06/10/16--04:33: _Hamilton has a West...
- 06/10/16--04:34: _Madonna on Jimmy Fa...
- 06/10/16--04:34: _Battlestar Galactic...
- 06/10/16--04:35: _Zayn leaves Gigi's ...
- 06/10/16--04:35: _OITNB’s Lea DeLaria...
- 06/10/16--12:05: _Top 10 Sports That ...
- 06/09/16--19:30: Cursed Child: Fans Gush Praise Over Part II
- JKR was in attendance at the play
- Fans reacted positively and praised the music (by Imogen Heap) and the special effects
- Actors came out at the stage door to take pics with fans, but not JKR
- 06/09/16--19:34: 2016 Guys Choice award winners
- 06/09/16--19:55: The cop who arrested Amber in 2009 says Tasya Van Ree is a liar.
- 06/09/16--19:56: Potential 'Alien: Covenant' spoiler leaked
- 06/09/16--19:56: NSFW trailer for Elijah Wood-produced 'The Greasy Strangler'
- 06/09/16--21:11: Kenneth Choi joins the cast of "Spiderman: Homecoming"
- 06/10/16--04:30: Nashville renewed for Season 5 by CMT!
- 06/10/16--04:30: Pink Is A Cool Mom & Her Daughter Has Questionable Crushes
- 06/10/16--04:31: Cleverman renewed for season 2
- Season 2 will also be 6 episodes long
- Production is set to begin later this year in Sydney
- 06/10/16--04:32: Disney CEO whines about the US corporate tax rate being too high
- 06/10/16--04:32: trailer for Freeform's Dead of Summer, premiering June 28
- 06/10/16--04:33: Hamilton has a West End date!
- 06/10/16--04:34: Battlestar Galactica movie finds writer & potential director
- Lisa Joy (HBO's Westworld, Pushing Daisies & Burn Notice) has been tapped to pen the script
- Director Francis Lawrence (I Am Legend, Catching Fire, Mockingjay 1 + 2, Kings) is reportedly circling the project
- He's currently prepping another movie starring Jennifer Lawrence, so if he does direct it would have to happen after that
- It is to be produced by Michael D Luca, Scott Stuber and Dylan Clark for Universal, who hope to make it a franchice
- 06/10/16--12:05: Top 10 Sports That Should Be in the Olympics
Please use the lj spoiler tag when discussing Part I/II details! < lj-spoiler title="Spoiler Title" > spoiler text here < /lj-spoiler >
SUPER SPOILERY PLOT SUMMARY OF PART II CURTESY OF TUMBLR
Guys of the Decade: Ben Affleck and Matt Damon
Woman of the Decade: Julia Roberts
Athlete of the Decade: Kobe Bryant
Hot & Funny: Anna Kendrick
Our New Girlfriend: Gigi Hadid
Jean-Claude Gahd Dam (lol wtf): Olivia Munn
Outlaw Award: Keifer Sutherland
Virtuoso Award: James Franco
Most Unstoppable Jock: Von Miller
Heroes: Alek Skarlatos, Anthony Sadler and Spencer Stone
Comedy MVP: Adam Devine
Guy Movie Hall of Fame: Casino
Source + Spike
The Playlist posted some intel from sources close to the production of 'Alien: Covenant'. It was later removed at the behest of the studio which leads credence that it's legitimate. Spoilers under the cut.
"Sources close to film and actress tell us [Katherine] Waterston will be playing Ellen Ripley’s mother in “Alien: Covenant,” which is an amazing twist and true to Ridley Scott’s promise that the post-“Prometheus” prequels will eventually lead right up to the first “Alien” movie. It should be noted however that Waterston isn’t the lead of the movie, and it’s an ensemble piece like “Prometheus.”
- if you're wondering how taylor swift is doing after her shocking split from calvin harris, her bff karla has you covered
- karla EXCLUSIVELY told e "she's good. she was just in nashville."
karla is so sweet and such a great friend
there will probably be spoilers all up in here so enter at your own risk!
Sources says that he will be playing the principal of the school Peter attends. He also played Howling Commando James "Jim" Morita in Captain America: The First Avenger.
- Mindy Kaling and Helena Bonham Carter are to join Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock in the Ocean’s 11 reboot
- Currently operating under the title Ocean’s Ocho (because there are eight characters instead of 11), the film will have Sandra B. as the sister of Danny Ocean (played by George Clooney in the first Ocean's Eleven reboot). 'Like her brother, she’s also a recently-released convict who plots a revenge-inspired heist with the help of a skilled crew of fellow criminals.'
- Gary Ross is directing with the screenplay by Olivia Milch (Queen & Country and Little Women)
CMT has officially picked up Nashville for Season 5 and will be broadcast on CMT as well as streamed on Hulu.
Are you excited, ONTD?
(mods, hopefully this picture will work better)
Pop sensation Pink surprised her daughter with a cute Matt Damon birthday cake this past weekend, for her fifth birthday.
Willow became a huge fan of Damon's after seeing him in The Martian and asked Pink if he could come to her birthday party...so naturally Pink did the next best thing. Look below the cut to see Matt Damon's appearence and who else Willow has a crush on [you may squirm]...
"[Willow is] already upset with me because there's a new game we play called Ask Siri — which, she just found out last week there's a Siri — and I said, 'Siri, Willow-Matt Damon' and all this stuff came up. [She's] like, 'How do they know?' She got mad at me! I was like, 'Oh my God, I need to keep my mouth shut. Sorry!'"
[the special cake she got Willow].
Willow also developed another crush after visiting the Alice Through The Looking Glass set....Fortunately, she developed a crush on Johnny Depp's stunt double and not the actual Johnny Depp...so there's that. "He's a very charming man. She loved him. She also wakes up, if it's not 'Matt Damon,' it's 'Mad Hatter.'"
Pink also said she's not too busy recording new music as her priority is her family [she wants more kids & considers her husband a kid too]...so we can expect a new album...who knows when. :(
Who is your questionable celebirty crush, ONTD?
The show has been renewed for a second season!
Who's been watching? What does everyone think?
Disney's CEO Bob Iger, regurgitating a popular right wing talking point, had a bit of a whinge on CNNMoney about how the US' corporate tax rate is too damn high and how it's killing businesses. As this other CNNMoney article helpfully points out, though, thanks to write-offs, deductions and loopholes, 20% of large US Corporations don't even pay any corporate income taxes. In fact, the US corporate tax rate is the lowest it's been in over half a century:
I know Disney stock is flopping harder than Alice Through the Looking Glass, but that's because ESPN, one of the biggest parts of Disney's plastic empire, is bleeding subscribers. Iger needs to take responsibility for his own failure as a grossly overpaid CEO, instead of trying to shift the blame to Uncle Sam, who is already way too deferential to big companies.
Main source, Tax rate source, Disney stock flop source
The plot, per Wikipedia: “Set in the late 1980s, school is out for the summer, and a sun-drenched season of firsts beckons the counselors at Camp Stillwater, a seemingly idyllic Midwestern summer camp. What was supposed to be a summer of fun soon turns into one of unforgettable scares and evil at every turn.”
Ep 1x01 ("Patience"):
“Camp Stillwater is about to reopen after being closed down for years. Deb (Elizabeth Mitchell), the new owner, has thrown her heart, soul and life savings into renovating the camp she loved as a child. She isn’t the only one excited to return as six former campers—Alex (Ronen Rubinstein), Jessie (Paulina Singer), Cricket (Amber Coney), Joel (Eli Goree), Blair (Mark Indelicato) and Blotter (Zachary Gordon)—join her as counselors hoping to experience the freedom that camp brings now that they are older. Not part of the old crew, Amy (Elizabeth Lail) is not just new to Camp Stillwater, but to camp in general. While Amy tries her best to fit in with the already tight group, Drew (Zelda Williams) is content to be left alone. As everyone settles in and prepares for the campers’ arrival, Amy is the first to get a feeling that something is not right with this idyllic summer camp.”
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Will open October 2017
- Website goes live Monday 13th June at noon (you can sign up for priority tickets)
- Tickets will go on sale October 2016
- No official cast yet (obvs) but there are rumours that Lin could appear in 2018 or 2019 (see source 5, below).
source 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
Better start saving up your pennies, London/Euro ontders!
Zayn was photographed leaving Gigi's apartment in NYC today.
Later, he attended the 7th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala and he presented the amfAR Award of Inspiration to Kim Jones.
amfar:"Thank you for this great honor." @MrKimJones of @LouisVuitton accepts the amfAR Award of Inspiration tonight, presented by #ZaynMalik. #amfARInspiration @zayn
SOURCE: fyzpictures (1, 2, 3), amfar (1, 2)
A couple of weeks ago, Lea DeLaria talked to PrideSource about a lot of stuff.
* Thinks that ‘LGBTQ’ alphabet soup is too divisive in stressing differences, and that it should be replaced with ‘queer’ because the latter is more inclusive and “queer is everybody.”
* Talks about her breakthrough moment when she appeared on the Arsenio Hall Show. The network’s lawyers clutched their pearls and didn’t want to air her routine because she used the words “queer,” “fag,” and “dyke” 47 times. (the evil homosexual agenda at work tbh.) Arsenio fought on Lea’s behalf: "She's a dyke. If she wants to call herself a dyke then it's none of your fucking business."
* Discusses dropping out of the Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival for their TERF stance (the not-so-dearly departed manita_bestija was probably the organizer tbh) and notes that when “brats” like her and Larry Kramer are the voices of reason, you know things are fucked up.
* Says season 4 of OITNB will be darker than previous seasons. (Going by the trailer, no shit. #SaveMaritza)
* Can no longer eat peanut butter.
ONTD, do you believe that ‘queer’ should be used as a catch-all and that lgbtq people who don’t like the word [because it is still used as a slur in certain regions and many people have hurtful associations with it as such] should just suck it up?
10. Beach soccer
6. Baseball and softball
4. Rugby Union
What sport do you think should be in the Olympics? How about sports that should be removed from the Olympics?