Articles on this Page
- 06/10/16--12:46: _Hockey legend Gordi...
- 06/10/16--12:47: _Beliebers get guy w...
- 06/10/16--14:20: _Jon M. Chu to Direc...
- 06/10/16--15:26: _Freestyle Love Supr...
- 06/10/16--15:27: _Best Solo Efforts b...
- 06/10/16--15:27: _Tyler Posey Is An A...
- 06/10/16--16:00: _Free For All Friday
- 06/10/16--17:48: _Elizabeth Banks may...
- 06/10/16--18:23: _Top 10 Movie Tropes...
- 06/10/16--18:23: _Courtney Stodden pr...
- 06/10/16--18:55: _Former Ghibli produ...
- 06/10/16--18:56: _LMM says the N Word...
- 06/10/16--19:07: _In black hair care ...
- 06/10/16--19:49: _Two more Pokemon fr...
- 06/10/16--19:50: _2016 truly is the y...
- 06/10/16--19:50: _Fifth Harmony have ...
- 06/10/16--20:00: _The Friday Night Li...
- 06/10/16--20:58: _J Balvin to release...
- 06/10/16--20:58: _Louis Tomlinson is ...
- 06/10/16--22:10: _NBA Finals Game 4
- 06/10/16--12:46: Hockey legend Gordie Howe dies at 88
- 06/10/16--12:47: Beliebers get guy who destroyed Bieber fired from his job?
- Lamont Richmond is the one who destroyed Bieber in a fight
- He and his two gal pals saw Bieber outside a bar and chilled with him
- Then he dared to ask Bieber for pics and autographs for the girls
- Bieber said "no autographs tonight motherfucker" and was very drunk and took a swing at Lamont
- Apparently he has a lawyer and would like to sue
- He later backtracked saying he lied and he wasn't the one in the fight after getting death threats from Beliebers and getting fired from his job
- 06/10/16--14:20: Jon M. Chu to Direct ‘In the Heights’ Movie?
- Chu is in early talks with the Weinstein Company to direct "In The Heights" film
- Previously directed “Step Up 2: The Streets”, “Step Up 3D”, and "Now You See Me 2"
- Scott Sanders and Mara Jacobs are producing with Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Quiara Alegria Hudes is the screenwriter
- 06/10/16--15:26: Freestyle Love Supreme is coming back!
- 06/10/16--15:27: Best Solo Efforts by Ex-Boybanders
- 06/10/16--15:27: Tyler Posey Is An Actual Disney Prince
- 06/10/16--16:00: Free For All Friday
- 06/10/16--17:48: Elizabeth Banks may join Ocean's Eleven reboot
- 06/10/16--18:23: Top 10 Movie Tropes that Would Not Fly Today
- 06/10/16--18:23: Courtney Stodden predicts she'll have a girl, or a gay boy.
- 06/10/16--18:56: LMM says the N Word In Hamiltome Audio Book
- 06/10/16--19:49: Two more Pokemon from Sun & Moon Revealed!
- Fifth Harmony's 7/27 sold 5,582 pure sales this week (#42 on the charts) and 23,471 SPS (#17 on the charts) according to Hits Daily Double. That would be a 90% pure sales drop and a 70% SPS drop from their debut week.
- This 90% would be one of the biggest pure sales drops ever. Other notable drops are Kanye West's "The Life of Pablo"'s 95% drop (28k to 1k), which was only available for purchase as a digital download on his site kanyewest.com or the Tidal store (no iTunes, amazon, physical copies in stores, etc.). The biggest drops for albums released on all sales platforms are Madonna's MDNA (87%) and Zayn Malik's Mind of Mine (86%)
- In other charts related news, Paul Simon takes #1 on the pure sales charts and Drake spends his 6th week at the top of the SPS chart due to his massive streaming (Views has been streamed over a billion times and is stilling getting more than 100 million streams a week)
- 06/10/16--20:00: The Friday Night Lights cast reunites at ATXFestival
- 06/10/16--20:58: J Balvin to release album "Energ⚡a"
- 06/10/16--20:58: Louis Tomlinson is a sweetheart to deaf fan, Summer, at Soccer Aid
- Summer was a mascot at Soccer Aid
- Summer was originally supposed to be looked after by Robbie Williams (her mother tweeted him about getting in touch, so she could teach him to say hi in sign language)
- Louis was chosen to take care of her at the last minute instead because Louis knows some sign language
- Summer's mother tweeted that Louis was very sweet to her and made her feel safe
- 06/10/16--22:10: NBA Finals Game 4
- regarded by many to be the most complete hockey player of all time
- played 33 seasons in the NHL most of them with the Detroit Red Wings. He started his pro career as a teenager with the Omaha Knights of the United Hockey League, and ended it by skating one final shift for the Detroit Vipers of the International Hockey League in 1997 — at age 69
- was nicknamed Mr Hockey
- Howe retired in 1980 as the NHL leader in career goals (801) and career points (1,850) — both records were later broken by Wayne Gretzky, who considered Howe his idol. But Howe always maintained his string of 20 straight seasons as one of the league's top five scorers during his Hall of Fame career.
- Gretzky tweeted out today that Howe was the greatest player of all time and the nicest man he had ever met
- after his wife died in 2009 he vocal crusader for dementia, Alzheimer's and similar conditions, establishing the Gordie and Colleen Howe Fund for Alzheimer's in partnership with Baycrest — a facility dedicated to aging and brain health operated out of the University of Toronto.
- in later life he struggled with short term memory and cognitive impairment. He had suffered a series of strokes in recent years, fighting to recoup his health time and again after each setback.
- he died surrounded by his family, his sister said "I guess he didn't want to fight anymore, but what a fight he had"
Justin Bieber -- Today's Lesson ... Don't Call a 6'5" Fan a Motherf***** https://t.co/u3S4nZS7tW— TMZ (@TMZ) June 10, 2016
Jon M. Chu in Talks on Lin-Manuel Miranda’s ‘In the Heights’ Movie https://t.co/oRVILL6tCP— Variety (@Variety) June 10, 2016
i still haven't watched season one (it's available on iTunes), but there are clips from the show and their live shows on YouTube and they're fucking hilarious
Many boyband members fade into obscurity after their glory days are over (only to reappear to shill hair care for men products.) Some may have a couple of hits and then burn out. Very few go on to have fruitful and long lasting solo careers. Below is my list of the best solo efforts put forth by ex-boyband members. I utilized my memory of their impact on pop culture at the time, the ability to chart on the US Billboard Hot 100, and just how good the song was.
Justin Timberlake – “Cry me a River” (2002)
After *N Sync went on a permanent hiatus in 2002, Justin Timberlake released his first solo album Justified. Arguably one of his best solo songs to date, “Cry me a River” supposedly details the demise of his and Britney Spears relationship. JT being the petty betty that he is, even went as far as casting a Britney Look-alike in the video…as well as including a figurine of her well known back tattoo. The song reached a peak of #3 on the US Billboard Hot 100 in February 2003. JT continued to enjoy success as solo artist with FS/LS&The 20/20 Experience as well as being a guest host on SNL.
JC Chasez – “Blowin’ Me Up (With Her Love)”(2002)
Ex *N Sync member, JC Chasez, also tried his hand in the solo world with his debut single “Blowin’ me Up (with her love)”. The song reached a peak of #35 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and was also featured on the Drumline soundtrack. The video featured a very enthusiastic Tara Reid as the love interest (she was also rumored to be dating JC at the time). He released 2 more singles “Some Girls” and “A.D.I.D.A.S”, but ultimately decided to step away from the spotlight. Many fans argue that JC’s sound was a bit ahead of its time.
Ricky Martin – “Livin La Vida Loca” (1999)
Former Menudo standout, Ricky Martin, stole the show at the 1999 Grammy awards with his song “The Cup of Life”. The most memorable of his solo songs, “Livin La Vida Loca” reached a peak of #1 on the US Billboard Hot 100. Ricky Martin paved the way in the late 90’s for Spanish speaking artists such as Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, and Paulina Rubio. Ricky also had success with “Shake your Bon Bon” &“She Bangs”.
Jordan Knight – “Give it to You” (1999)
Jordan Knight’s solo debut “Give it to You” was a raunchy departure from the bubblegum pop that his fans were used to hearing from New Kids on the Block. The song reached a peak of #10 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and was a fan favorite on MTV’s TRL. Jordan never recreated the success of his first single, but he continues to tour and make music with NKOTB.
Omarion – “Ice Box” (2006)
Former B2K member, Omarion had already enjoyed a moderate hit “Touch” with his first album, O. His sophomore album, 21 featured the hits “Ice Box” and “Entourage”. “Ice Box” reached a peak of #12 on the US Billboard Hot 100. Omarion has had several hit singles since including “Speedin’” and his most recent “Post 2 Be” featuring Jhené Aiko and Chris Brown.
Bobby Brown – “Every Little Step” (1989)
Bobby Brown left New Edition in 1986 and released his debut album King of Stage to little fan fair. For his sophomore album Don’t be Cruel, Brown enlisted the talents of Babyface and Teddy Riley. “Every Little Step” reached a peak of #3 on the US Billboard Hot 100. The album also included hit singles “Don’t be Cruel” and the #1 “My Prerogative”. Bobby Brown was also featured on the Ghostbusters II soundtrack with “On My Own”. Bobby Brown’s success fizzled in the early 90’s due to his drug use and mental health issues, but not before enjoying one last success with “Humpin’ Around”.
Nick Lachey – “Whats Left of Me” (2006)
Former 98 degrees band member, Nick Lachey, became a reality TV star after marrying Jessica Simpson in 2003. Their show “Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica” was one of MTV’s most popular programs and made them a household name. But in late 2005, they announced their divorce and true love was dead. Nick channeled his pain and frustration from the separation into his sophomore album “What’s Left of Me”. The title track reached a peak of #6 on the US Billboard Hot 100. Nick Lachey eventually married his music video co-star, Vanessa Minnillo, in 2011.
Robbie Williams – “Millennium” (1998)
Ex Take That member and bad boy, Robbie Williams, has enjoyed a fruitful solo career. The most iconic single “Millennium” features Robbie as a James Bond type figure. This video received heavy radio play in the states and reached a peak of #77 on the US Billboard Hot 100. Robbie followed this massively popular song with the weird and disgusting music video for "Rock DJ". Robbie recently signed with Sony music and is working on his next solo album.
Jesse McCartney - “It’s Over’” (2008)
Fresh off his stint with Dream Street, Jesse McCartney released his first solo single “Beautiful Soul” in 2004. He followed with his biggest hit “Leavin’” in 2006. Although “It’s Over” is not his most popular song, it is by far his best. The song reached a peak of #62 on the US Billboard Hot 100. Jesse continues to work behind the scenes writing songs for current popular artists, wearing Uggs, and guest starring in episodes of Law + Order: SVU.
Nick Jonas – “Jealous” (2014)
Nick Jonas, formerly of the Jonas Brothers, broke out onto the scene as a solo artist in 2014 with his debut single “Chains”. His follow up single “Jealous” became his highest charting song that reached a peak of #3 on the US Billboard Hot 100. Nick is also enjoying a flourishing acting career with roles on Scream Queens&Kingdom. He currently is about to embark on a nationwide tour with Demi Lovato and release his next album Last Year Was Complicated.
Marques Houston – “Clubbin’” (2003)
After the disbanding of Immature, the band’s lead singer Marques Houston ventured out on his own solo career. His first single “That Girl” didn’t gain much traction. “Clubbin’” reached a peak of #39 on the US Billboard Hot 100 with the help of the Joe Budden feature on the track. Marques has found more success as an actor with his role as Roger in Sister, Sister and You Got Served.
VID SOURCE: 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.9.10.11
and none for BSB or Zayn.
Princess Elena of Avalor will make her royal debut in the highly anticipated animated series “Elena of Avalor” this summer!
Set in the enchanted fairytale land of Avalor, the series tells the story of Elena, a brave and adventurous teenager who has saved her kingdom from an evil sorceress and must now learn to rule as crown princess until she is old enough to be queen. Elena's journey will lead her to understand that her new role requires thoughtfulness, resilience and compassion, the traits of all truly great leaders.
The cast list is pretty awesome and includes "Tyler Posey as Prince Alonso, a charming prince from the Argentine-inspired Kingdom of Cordoba."
Other cast members include Aimee Carrero, Jenna Ortega, Lou Diamond Phillips, Yvette Nicole Brown, Carlos Alazraqui, Constance Marie, Danny Trejo, George Takei, and tons more.
Source: Latin Times
get that disney $$$ bb
I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!
No porn, nudes, spam, fighting, advertising, dickishness, huge browser slowing comments.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
- Along with Helena Bonham Carter and Mindy Kaling, Elizabeth Banks (who has worked with director Gary Ross twice) may join the Ocean's Eleven reboot with Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock.
- In Ocean's Ocho (the working title), Bullock will play Danny Ocean's sister while Cate will play Rusty Ryan of the ensemble (played by Brad Pitt in the first reboot), which is the second in-command.
- The film premise is: the collective team of thieves is will attempt to 'steal a necklace from the Met Ball to frame a crooked gallery owner'.
9. Violent PG Movies
7. Villainizing Actual Nations
4. Rape is No Big Deal
2. Casual Violence Against Women
Pregnant Courtney Stodden: ‘If it’s a boy, he’ll be gay’: https://t.co/cxW48HlD2L— Us Weekly (@usweekly) June 10, 2016
Says she predicts she'll have a daughter, however she states “If it’s a boy I am going to dress him up in tutus, I know I am going to spoil my baby rotten. I’m going to be a fun mom. I always say I am going to have a girl regardless, and if it’s a boy he’ll be gay!”
- Hiromasa Yonebayashi (Director) and Yoshiaki Nishimura (Producer), was interviewed to promote the release of When Marnie Was There in the United Kingdom this weekend.
- Main character of When Marnie Was There, Anna was described by Yonebayashi as “an androgynous character, in the transition between child to adulthood, a very sensitive age”. Yonebashi also explains why they chose another female-led story: “I'm male myself, and if I had a central character who was male, I'd probably put too much emotion into it, and that would lead to difficulty in telling the story
- When asked whether Ghibli will ever employ a female director, Nishimura says that it depends on what kind of a film it would be. "Unlike live action, with animation we have to simplify the real world. Women tend to be more realistic and manage day-to-day lives very well. Men on the other hand tend to be more idealistic – and fantasy films need that idealistic approach. I don’t think it’s a coincidence men are picked."
-In a statement to BuzzFeed Japan, Ghibli mentioned that Nishimura's comments should be taken as a personal opinion as he is no longer associated with Studio Ghibli since April 2015.
-Five of Studio Ghibli films are based on fantasy novels written by women (Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, Tales from Earthsea, The Secret World of Arrietty, When Marnie Was There) and two Ghibli films are based on manga drawn by women (Only Yesterday and Whisper of the Heart). Two women (Keiko Niwa and Riko Sakaguchi) have also contributed to four out of the studio's last five scripts.
It was censored in the text:
ORS Oil Sheen spray is this amazing hairspray for Afro-texture hair. It smells great and it keeps your hair moisturized and smooth without making it oily and gross.
Apparently, someone forgot to tell our white brethren that it is not edible because ON GOD, they have been spraying that shit on their eggs and salads. It's even been spotted in food aisles.
It all started when a black London student went to her white friend's BBQ and spotted the green bottle in the kitchen:
She promptly informed him that he had been cooking with hairspray. His reply was "But it says olive oil...."
IT SAYS HAIR SPRAY RIGHT ON THE BOTTLE BRUH.
Nekkoala, the Half Awake Pokemon, is Normal-type with the ability Definite Sleep which prevents it being afflicted with a status other than sleep.
Iwanko is a Rock-type Pokémon. It's ability is Keen Eye or Vital Spirit. It is the Deep Eye Pokémon. It is the Puppy Pokemon.
Azealia Banks posted two statements on her Facebook account today. In the first one, she states that she will never use the word f****t again because she finally realizes that words hurt. She goes on, saying that it's not fair for her fans, peers, and herself to use those words, since it paints her in a way that isn't the true herself. Azealia says that she's sweet, kind, caring, generous, and she likes to inspire people and make them laugh.
Ok, i'm never saying the word F****T ever again. The amount of people that get hurt when i use the word vs. the amount...Posted by Azealia Banks on Friday, June 10, 2016
In the second statement posted on her Facebook, Azealia Banks says that she wasn't ready to be thrust into the public eye. She says that moving from her "little NYC hipster bubble onto the global stage so quickly was shocking" to her. She goes on, saying that she grew up feeling as though she never deserved anything, so self-sabotage became a regular thing for her. Azealia says that she has a lot of unlearning to do about herself.
Now, it's all about growth and making sure that I do not revert back to my old habits. My time in the public eye has...Posted by Azealia Banks on Friday, June 10, 2016
Source: 1 + 2
They better properly promote the bops All In My Head and That's My Girl since the audience isn't buying the album.gif. Maverick shouldn't pull a Britney Jean again. Also wtf 134k for Drake this week... will Views ever give anyone else a chance for a #1?
The cast of Friday Night Lights, including: Connie Britton, Adrianne Palicki, Scott Porter, Jesse Plemons, Gaius Charles and more reunited, fittingly, on Friday Night at the old Dillon Panthers field.
Also making an appearance at the event was Kirsten Dunst, there to support new boyfriend Jesse Plemons as he performed with his fictional band Crucifictorious.
Absent from the event were Aimee Teegarden, Minka Kelly, Taylor Kitsch and Zach Gilford who are in Chicago to reunite tomorrow at a Spartan Race. Though, Zach was in Austin earlier in the week and did have a reunion with "Grandma Saracen".
Good job Loucifer. That was an incredibly kind and amazing thing to do.
The Golden State Warriors bounce back to take Game 4 from the Cleveland Cavaliers 108-97. Steph Curry led the team with 38pts and 6ast.
Free tacos for everyone! Despite "Curry played better" being the headline tonight, the Warriors do not win tonight without that stellar defense in the 2nd half.