Articles on this Page
- 03/05/16--06:10: _New Promo Images fr...
- 03/05/16--06:11: _Adam Lambert and Sa...
- 03/05/16--06:12: _This week (3/5) in ...
- 03/05/16--06:12: _TURN Washington Spi...
- 03/05/16--06:13: _Fashion Editor Cari...
- 03/05/16--06:13: _Sony is reviving VE...
- 03/05/16--06:46: _Producer Rob Fusari...
- 03/05/16--09:22: _The reviews for Dis...
- 03/05/16--09:22: _Promos for The Vamp...
- 03/05/16--09:22: _ICON & ONTD unprobl...
- 03/05/16--09:23: _Black Sails 307 tea...
- 03/05/16--09:23: _The Internet Ruined...
- 03/05/16--11:01: _Is Luke Skywalker G...
- 03/05/16--11:41: _Louis CK talks poli...
- 03/05/16--12:34: _Richard Armitage su...
- 03/05/16--12:34: _Batman v Superman: ...
- 03/05/16--13:10: _Khloe Kardashian: "...
- 03/05/16--13:28: _Tiffany 'New York' ...
- 03/05/16--13:28: _Meghan Trainor: "Th...
- 03/05/16--13:50: _Updated "Who Asked ...
- 03/05/16--06:11: Adam Lambert and Sam Smith hang in NYC
- 03/05/16--06:12: This week (3/5) in Japanese music news
- 03/05/16--06:12: TURN Washington Spies Season 3 - Teaser
- 03/05/16--06:13: Sony is reviving VENOM; new franchise to be launched.
- Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing and overseeing the new film.
- It will be written by Edge of Tomorrow scribe Dante Harper.
- This Venom film will launch its own franchise.
- 03/05/16--06:46: Producer Rob Fusari Lashes Out At Lady Gaga & Kesha..
- 03/05/16--09:22: The reviews for Disney's Zootopia are in!
- 03/05/16--09:22: Promos for The Vampire Diaries 7x16 & The Originals 3x16
- 03/05/16--09:23: Black Sails 307 tease by main cast + 308 episode description
- 03/05/16--09:23: The Internet Ruined My Life #PissOlympics
- 03/05/16--11:41: Louis CK talks politics; still not as smart as he thinks he is
- 03/05/16--12:34: Richard Armitage supports refugees in Germany. Posts open letter
- The Modern Family actress has signed on to play Lisa Houseman, older sister to Abigail Breslin’s Baby, in ABC’s three-hour Dirty Dancing remake.
- Previously announced cast members include dancer Colt Prattes (as Johnny), The Mysteries of Laura‘s Debra Messing (as Baby’s mother, Marjorie Houseman) and former Pussycat Dolls frontwoman Nicole Scherzinger as Penny.
With Asa Butterfield as Jake, Eva Green as the titular Miss Peregrine and Ella Purnell as Emma. Directed by Tim Burton.
You had me at 'Eva'
book post? how's your book challenge going?
Adam Lambert, the first openly gay pop star to have a #1 album, lent support to Sam Smith, the first openly gay Oscar winner to mistakenly think he was the first openly gay Oscar winner, at an after party for Adam's The Original High Tour concert in New York City on Thursday, March 3.
SOURCE + text by me
ONTD, do you go after people who will never reciprocate your feelings?
Link to previous week's news
(Warning: Videos may play ads after hitting play. Even if you are using an adblocker, there may be a 30 sec wait.)
- Arashi's "Fukkatsu LOVE" (trans. "Revived Love") hit the top of the JAPAN Hot 100 this week with the top single sales, totaling over 500,000. Likewise, by measures such as streaming, lookups, and Twitter, the single also ranked at number one.
-- Arashi is a five member male idol group formed in 1999 that is basically the face of Japan at this point since they star in several dramas, host several variety shows, and have tons of hit singles and albums. They appeal to all ages and are used in many campaigns to promote Japan across the globe. Part of the Johnny's Entertainment empire that basically almost has a monopoly on male idol groups in Japan.
"Fukkatsu LOVE" by Arashi:
- Sexy Zone's "Welcome to Sexy Zone" debuts at the top of the album charts with strong sales as many Johnny's groups tend to have. In second is an Osomatsu-san drama CD.
-- Sexy Zone is a 5 member male idol group from Johnny's Entertainment. Debuting in 2011, their name frequently is stylized through red font to emphasize the xy in their name as... they all have xy chromosomes. The oldest was born in 1994 and the youngest in 2000 so be careful if you're gonna decide to stan one of them ONTD.
-- "Welcome to Sexy Zone" includes their single songs "Cha-Cha-Cha Champion" and "Colorful Eyes" as well as "Make my day" from the "Colorful Eyes" single. "Make my day" was the theme song to the live action drama and movie adaptation of "Kurosaki-kun no Iinari ni Nante Naranai" (trans. "I'm Not Just Going to Do What Kurosaki kun Says") which also starred Nakajima Kento from Sexy Zone in its leading role.
Most popular single leading up to and included in Sexy Zone's "Welcome to Sexy Zone":
Most recent music video from the Sexy Zone's "Welcome to Sexy Zone":
"24-7~Bokura no Story~" (trans. "24-7~Our Story~"):
- Sayuri's "Sore wa Chiisana Hikari no You na" (trans. "It's Like a Small Light") is at the top of the anime charts this week as the ending theme to the widely talked about anime "Boku Dake ga Inai Machi" (aka "ERASED").
-- Wikipedia sums up the plot of "ERASED" as: "The story follows Satoru Fujinuma, a man who possesses an ability that sends him back in time moments before a life-threatening incident, allowing him to prevent it from happening. When his mother is killed, Satoru's ability suddenly sends him back eighteen years to when he was still in elementary school, giving him the opportunity to prevent a kidnapping incident that took the lives of three of his classmates."
Trailer for "ERASED":
"Sore wa Chiisana Hikari no You na" by Sayuri:
- Ozawa Seiji & the Saito Kinen Orchestra's Grammy-winning "L'enfant et les sortilèges" album returned to the top spot this week for the classical charts.
- Nishino Kana announced her upcoming national arena tour.
- Mr.Children announced that their 2015 stadium tour would be coming to DVD and Blu-Ray. They also announced an upcoming hall tour for this year.
- Amuro Namie also released a tour album this week for her 2015-2016 "LIVEGENIC" tour
- Matsumoto Takahiro from B'z announced his new album "enigma" (coming next month) is finally finished and includes a newly recorded version of the Japanese live music show "Music Station" theme song.
- Nogizaka 46 released a music video for their upcoming single "Harujion ga Saku Koro" (trans. "When the harujion (Philadelphia fleabane) blossom") that's due later this month
- Next week it's predicted that KAT-TUN's new single "UNLOCK" will be heading towards the top. It serves as the theme song to the currently airing television drama "Kaitou Yamaneko" (trans. "The Mysterious Thief Yamaneko") starring KAT-TUN's Kamenashi Kazuya
"UNLOCK" by KAT-TUN:
Video sources: 123456
Wikipedia sources: 123
btw ontd it's my birthday so fill up my post with positive vibes and don't let it die!!!
it's almost here
Carine Roitfeld, Former Editor-In-Chief of Vogue Paris, styles model Alice Metza in redface for the latest issue of CR Fashion Book.
Although the title of the editorial is "Alice Is Punk," the caption "Native American Punk" appears on the Instagram account by make-up artist, Isamaya Ffrench. It doesn't take a detective to determine the make-up is disturbingly appropating Native American culture.
Roitfeld onced denied being racist after model Lara Stone's skin was painted black for a 2009 issue of Vogue Paris.
More pictures at MODELS.COM
The people responsible for this:
Styled by Carine Roitfeld
Photographed by Bjorn Iooss
Make-up by Isamaya Ffrench
Hair by Didier Malige
Source: INSTAGRAM 1234 | WWD
Rob Fusari, co-executive producer of Lady Gaga's debut album, The Fame, recently clashed with Gaga's "Monsters" and other fan bases when he took to Twitter to lash out at her and Kesha. (See responses to the above tweets under the links) The trouble started when Fusari insinuated that Gaga could be lying about her claims of being sexually assaulted for attention. He wants her to state the name of the rapist, instead of just dropping clues. This confrontation then prompted him to state his thoughts on Kesha's accusations regarding producer Dr. Luke, as well.
- Hidden inside this "big-hearted comedy" about talking animals, Zootopia is a strikingly blunt movie about race relations and stereotypes.
- Compares Zootopia to the movie to Who Framed Roger Rabbit? as an old-school noir detective story.
- Despite it's heavy themes, still has genuinely funny moments
- Praises the voice acting.
- Sets the bar high for other animated movies coming out this year.
- Gives it 9/10 "Amazing"
- Praises Nick and Judy as a great duo.
- Powerful themes about race relations, racial profiling and stereotyping without becoming preachy.
- The city Zootopia is a really impressive creation.
- Funny and clever.
- Feels the movie is more about gender than race.
- As the movie progresses, it starts feeling more like vintage noirs like Chinatown and L.A. Confidential.
- Also compares it to Who Framed Roger Rabbit, saying it feels like a more kid-friendly and human-less version of that movie.
- Plays to the studio's strengths.
- Notes that Zootopia establishes an environment that can be further explored in countless angles like a TV spin-off.
- 3.5/4 stars
- Praises the movie for taking chances and not playing it safe.
- Kids will love it, but adults will have even more fun.
- A heartfelt message for kids and layered subtext for adults.
- Magnifies the problems of human society through a fictional mammal civilization.
- Praises the relationship and banter between the main characters.
- Criticizes the film's villain as being predictable and half-cooked.
- Movie trusts young viewers to recognize clichés from other animated films and to appreciate seeing them subverted.
- Funny, smart and thought-provoking.
Source 1Source 2Source 3Source 4Source 5Source 6
The movie currently holds a 98% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Have you seen this movie already, ontd? Did you like it?
I think they're finally trying to course-correct with TO. It looks like they're finally ending Haylijah & Klamille for good. It's taken them way too long to bring back Kol & Finn. It's what should have happened in Season 1, but I think it's too late the save the show.
The Steroline break-up was obvious from the start of the season, but it should have been written better. TVD is clearly jumping 3 years ahead when they return, so no more flash-forwards we'll just be in that time-line.
QUEEN of everything that is good and true in this world, Jennifer Lynn López, fell into Wendy's trap and talked about ONTD's favorite insecure chanteuse, Mariah Carey.
Williams asked Jennifer about the Vegas' show she's seen and when J.Lo mentioned Mimi, Wendy tried to be witty and said "who?" Jenny called mariah "forgetful" cuz they've "met many times." Starts at 13:25.
Jenny also talked about her critically acclaimed show Shades of Blue, American Idol, LA REINA LUPE, her twins, etc.
when's the last time someone pretended not to know you because of insecurities, ontd
Enjoy #BlackSails tonight. The Arnold puts in some great work!— TOBY STEPHENS (@TobyStephensInV) 5. März 2016
Putting my best foot forward tonight pic.twitter.com/DTs2nZGeIS— Luke Arnold (@ScrambledLuke) 5. März 2016
Meanwhile, IGN released the synopsis for next week's episode, 308:
XXVI (Black Sails - Season 3 Episode 8)Mar 12, 2016
Rogers is attacked during the moving of a prisoner. Violence breaks out on the Walrus.
Silver and Madi are tested. Billy envisions a new role for himself in the coming battle.
-Cameron Jankowski was a dumb 19 y/o who was known for his infamous Taco Bell #PissOlympics photo he posted online
-Was harassed by Anonymous, had death threats and was investigated
The show airs March 9th
ONTD, has the internet ruined your life because of piss?
+ In an interview for The Sun he said: "Fans are writing and ask all these questions, 'I'm bullied in school ... I'm afraid to come out'. "They say to me, 'Could Luke be gay?' I'd say it is meant to be interpreted by the viewer. If you think Luke is gay, of course he is. You should not be ashamed of it. Judge Luke by his character, not by who he loves."
+ When a fan on Twitter asked him about Luke's sexuality in January, he responded in a direct message to the fan, saying "Luke is whatever the audience wants him to be, so you can decide for yourself."
sources1 / 2
Louis C.K. on Donald Trump: 'The guy is Hitler' https://t.co/cFn2vpqxBB— TIME.com (@TIME) March 5, 2016
Louis CK sent out an email newsletter for his web series, and wrote about the election.
P.S. Please stop it with voting for Trump. It was funny for a little while. But the guy is Hitler. And by that I mean that we are being Germany in the 30s. Do you think they saw the shit coming? Hitler was just some hilarious and refreshing dude with a weird comb over who would say anything at all.
And I’m not advocating for Hillary or Bernie. I like them both but frankly I wish the next president was a conservative only because we had Obama for eight years and we need balance. And not because I particularly enjoy the conservative agenda. I just think the government should reflect the people. And we are about 40 percent conservative and 40 percent liberal. When I was growing up and when I was a younger man, liberals and conservatives were friends with differences. They weren’t enemies. And it always made sense that everyone gets a president they like for a while and then hates the president for a while. But it only works if the conservatives put up a good candidate. A good smart conservative to face the liberal candidate so they can have a good argument and the country can decide which way to go this time.
Trump is not that. He’s an insane bigot. He is dangerous.
He already said he would expand libel laws to sue anyone who “writes a negative hit piece” about him. He says “I would open up the libel laws so we can sue them and win lots of money. Not like now. These guys are totally protected.” He said that. He has promised to decimate the first amendment. (If you think he’s going to keep the second amendment intact you’re delusional.) And he said that Paul Ryan, speaker of the house will “pay” for criticizing him. So I’m saying this now because if he gets in there we won’t be able to criticize him anymore.
Please pick someone else. Like John Kasich. I mean that guy seems okay. I don’t like any of them myself but if you’re that kind of voter please go for a guy like that. It feels like between him and either democrat we’d have a decent choice. It feels like a healthier choice. We shouldn’t have to vote for someone because they’re not a shocking cunt billionaire liar.
We should choose based on what direction the country should go.
I get that all these people sound like bullshit soft criminal opportunists. The whole game feels rigged and it’s not going anywhere but down anymore. I feel that way sometimes.
And that voting for Trump is a way of saying “fuck it. Fuck them all”. I really get it. It’s a version of national Suicide. Or it’s like a big hit off of a crack pipe. Somehow we can’t help it. Or we know that if we vote for Trump our phones will be a reliable source of dopamine for the next four years. I mean I can’t wait to read about Trump every day. It’s a rush. But you have to know this is not healthy.
If you are a true conservative. Don’t vote for Trump. He is not one of you. He is one of him. Everything you have heard him say that you liked, if you look hard enough you will see that he one day said the exact opposite. He is playing you.
In fact, if you do vote for Trump, at least look at him very carefully first. You owe that to the rest of us. Know and understand who he is. Spend one hour on google and just read it all. I don’t mean listen to me or listen to liberals who put him down. Listen to your own people. Listen to John Mccain. Go look at what he just said about Trump. “At a time when our world has never been more complex or more in danger… I want Republican voters to pay close attention to what our party’s most respected and knowledgeable leaders and national security experts are saying about Mr. Trump, and to think long and hard about who they want to be our next Commander-in-Chief and leader of the free world.”
When Trump was told what he said, Trump said “Oh, he did? Well, that’s not nice,” he told CBS News’ chief White House correspondent Major Garrett. “He has to be very careful.”
When pressed on why, Trump tacked on: “He’ll find out.”
(I cut and pasted that from CBS news)
Do you really want a guy to be president who threatens John McCain? Because John McCain cautiously and intelligently asked for people to be thoughtful before voting for him? He didn’t even insult Trump. He just asked you to take a good look. And Trump told him to look out.
Remember that Trump entered this race by saying that McCain is not a war hero. A guy who was shot down, body broken and kept in a POW camp for years. Trump said “I prefer the guys who don’t get caught.” Why did he say that? Not because he meant it or because it was important to say. He said it because he’s a bully and every bully knows that when you enter a new school yard, you go to the toughest most respected guy on the yard and you punch him in the nose. If you are still standing after, you’re the new boss. If Trump is president, he’s not going to change. He’s not going to do anything for you. He’s going to do everything for himself and leave you in the dust.
So please listen to fellow conservatives. But more importantly, listen to Trump. Listen to all of it. Everything he says. If you liked when he said that “torture works” then go look at where he took it back the next day. He’s a fucking liar.
A vote for Trump is so clearly a gut-vote, and again I get it. But add a little brain to it and look the guy up. Because if you vote for him because of how you feel right now, the minute he’s president, you’re going to regret it. You’re going to regret it even more when he gives the job to his son. Because American democracy is broken enough that a guy like that could really fuck things up. That’s how Hitler got there. He was voted into power by a fatigued nation and when he got inside, he did all his Hitler things and no one could stop him.
Again, I’m not saying vote democrat or vote for anyone else. If Hilary ends up president it should be because she faced the best person you have and you and I both chose her or him or whoever. Trump is not your best. He’s the worst of all of us. He’s a symptom to a problem that is very real. But don’t vote for your own cancer. You’re better than that.
That’s just my view. At least right now. I know I’m not qualified or particularly educated and I’m not right instead of you. I’m an idiot and I’m sure a bunch of you are very annoyed by this. Fucking celebrity with an opinion. I swear this isn’t really a political opinion. You don’t want to know my political opinions. (And I know that I’m only bringing myself trouble with this shit.) Trump has nothing to do with politics or ideology. He has to do with himself. And really I don’t mean to insult anyone. Except Trump. I mean to insult him very much. And really I’m not saying he’s evil or a monster. In fact I don’t think Hitler was. The problem with saying that guys like that are monsters is that we don’t see them coming when they turn out to be human, which they all are. Everyone is. Trump is a messed up guy with a hole in his heart that he tries to fill with money and attention. He can never ever have enough of either and he’ll never stop trying. He’s sick. Which makes him really really interesting. And he pulls you towards him which somehow feels good or fascinatingly bad. He’s not a monster. He’s a sad man. But all this makes him horribly dangerous if he becomes president. Give him another TV show. Let him pay to put his name on buildings. But please stop voting for him. And please watch Horace and Pete.
- he's currently filming his new show in Berlin btw
- the DC superhero showdown, opening March 25, is tracking for a $140 million domestic opening and $300-$350 million worldwide box-office.
- distributor Warner Bros. is lowballing expectations with a conservative $110 million b.o. prediction.
- official budget for the tentpole is $250 million but sources are claiming the real production cost is closer to $400 million.
- the current record for March openings is held by The Hunger Games with $152.5 million.
- box-officice trackings have been unreliable in the past so final tally may be higher, especially if the reviews are good.
For reference, the 15 biggest domestic openings of all times:
mods: the hollywood reporter didn't make a tweet linking to their article which is why I used a pic from Uncle Henry's instagram instead.
In an interview with Cosmopolitan, Khloe Kardashian gave her opinions about plastic surgery.
"There's this misconception that I'm not into plastic surgery, but I'm into it and I don't care if you have it. I think plastic surgery should be viewed almost like makeup, because we're all putting on a fucking mask basically every day anyway. When you dye your hair, you're changing who you are, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think people should get plastic surgery or fillers or lasers or whatever if they want it — that should be your own personal decision. I just don't like when someone else is like, 'Man, I only want to date a girl if they have big tits,' and then a girl's like, 'I gotta get double-Ds.' If you want them, great. If you're doing that for your man, that's when it bothers me."
When asked about whether she feels pressure to get plastic surgery herself:"I don't. And I appreciate that I didn't succumb to what everyone has always said in the past, like, 'You gotta get a nose job, you gotta get a nose job.' If I felt like I wanted one, I would've. And if I want to do something, I'll totally do it — I don't care and I'll be the first one to say, 'Look what I just did! This is my doctor, let's do an interview with him and give me the free nose job!"
When asked if she's gotten than nose job: "'Everyone says I've had a nose job because my nose is smaller now and I swear I haven't. Do you think I have?' And he (Terry Dubrow, M.D) was like, 'No, but when you were bigger, your nose can get wider.'It's like when you're pregnant, your nose spreads because there's fat pockets in there, I guess. So when I lost weight, my nose did get smaller, and also I now know about contouring. Like when I wash my face, my nose is wider."
"Are you from the Middle East? You need to calm it down, because I'm darker than you, so that means I'm stronger than you."
"I know you're getting paid. You're getting Arab money. You're getting Armenian money."
"You're all sand dudes."
-Meghan Trainor is still waiting to receive her GRAMMY so she can put it next to her bed.
-She wants young girls to know that it's okay for them to be single and feel good about it.
-She felt frustrated when she became successful because guys wouldn't hit on her anymore.
-Instead of waiting and begging for a boyfriend, Meghan is choosing to focus on her career.
-Meghan says that running her own life and career has made saying "no" less uncomfortable and difficult for her, and she says that there is a lot of power in saying "no" and more people need to realize this.
When is the last time you said #NO to someone?