Articles on this Page
- 05/23/15--19:23: _Orphan Black 3x07 P...
- 05/23/15--20:38: _ONTD, your new addi...
- 05/23/15--21:10: _Jessica Lange talks...
- 05/23/15--21:10: _Michael B. Jordan S...
- 05/23/15--21:27: _New stills from Guy...
- 05/23/15--21:33: _See the Fantastic F...
- 05/23/15--21:48: _Mark Ronson - Feel ...
- 05/23/15--22:20: _Christina Hendricks...
- 05/23/15--22:33: _ONTD Original: 10 i...
- 05/23/15--23:13: _Twin Peaks Revival ...
- 05/24/15--02:25: _Masters of Sex Seas...
- 05/24/15--07:37: _Rihanna Is Not Rele...
- 05/24/15--07:38: _Mario Kart and ‘Mad...
- 05/24/15--07:39: _Joseph Gordon Levit...
- 05/24/15--15:15: _'World War Z 2' Con...
- 05/24/15--16:29: _Chris Brown and Cre...
- 05/24/15--16:29: _Leo serving face at...
- 05/24/15--16:29: _Train Released a Ne...
- 05/24/15--16:35: _Bryan Fuller Talks ...
- 05/24/15--17:32: _Hilary Duff is here...
- 05/23/15--19:23: Orphan Black 3x07 Promo + A major character exits
- 05/23/15--20:38: ONTD, your new addiction is here: Nazi Zombies Riding Flying Sharks.
- 05/23/15--21:10: Jessica Lange talks about sexism in Hollywood
- 05/23/15--21:10: Michael B. Jordan Shuts Up Haters
- 05/23/15--21:27: New stills from Guy Ritchie’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
- 05/23/15--21:48: Mark Ronson - Feel Right ft. Mystikal
- 05/23/15--22:20: Christina Hendricks for Los Angeles Confidential
- 05/23/15--23:13: Twin Peaks Revival small update! will have 18 episodes
- 05/24/15--02:25: Masters of Sex Season 3 | First Takes
- 05/24/15--07:37: Rihanna Is Not Releasing R8 Till She Believes In It
- 05/24/15--07:38: Mario Kart and ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Mash-Up
- 05/24/15--07:39: Joseph Gordon Levitt and Ellen talk feminism
- 05/24/15--15:15: 'World War Z 2' Confirmed
- 05/24/15--16:29: Chris Brown and Crew Threaten Tyson Beckford over Karrueche. Pt 2
- 05/24/15--16:29: Leo serving face at Naomi Campbell's birthday party!
- 05/24/15--17:32: Hilary Duff is here for gay marriage, not the paparazzi
That's right, Hot Paul sacrificed himself tonight and blew himself up for Sarah and the greater cause.
Source& my eyes.
I'm a little sad, ngl.
Trailer for 'Sky Sharks'.
Sharknado's legacy <3
“Hollywood is run with this male point of view. Even if a woman runs a studio, she still does it with a male point of view. And as long as that exists, you’re still going to have this wish fulfillment," Jessica Lange said to TheWrap, "That men continue to be fascinating and attractive and virile, and women age and are no longer sexual or beautiful — it’s a fantasy that has nothing to do with reality.”
This comes after Maggie Gyllenhaal's recent comments that she was 'too old'. Jessica Lange also wondered "why would a 37 year old want to play opposite a 55-year-old man?" and said that this age gap was not a new phenomenon.
“I think a lot of it is fear of mortality,” Lange said of the male pov in entertainment. “One’s mortality, one’s youth and virility… now they have Viagra, they’re humping away on their deathbeds. Hollywood is a perfect expansion of that idea that permeates our society.”
-People are saying various things on the internet: “A black guy? I don’t like it. They must be doing it because Obama’s president” and “It’s not true to the comic.” Or even, “They’ve destroyed it!”
-Michael isn't bothered by the haters
-Says that if Stan Lee is cool with it, why fight it?
-Creative choice from the director, Josh Trank, who is in an interracial relationship himself
-Hoping to set an example for Hollywood to start considering more people of color in other prominent roles
-To the trolls on the Internet, I want to say: Get your head out of the computer. Go outside and walk around. Look at the people walking next to you. Look at your friends’ friends and who they’re interacting with. And just understand this is the world we live in. It’s okay to like it.
Thanks for the source help, mods!
I'm not interested in this movie because I'm not a huge fan of F4, but I love the diversity in the full cast (not even just the core group). Who is your dream comic book cast ONTD?
Set against the backdrop of the early 1960s, at the height of the Cold War, The Man from U.N.C.L.E. centers on CIA agent Solo and KGB agent Kuryakin. Forced to put aside longstanding hostilities, the two team up on a joint mission to stop a mysterious international criminal organization, which is bent on destabilizing the fragile balance of power through the proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology. The duo’s only lead is the daughter of a vanished German scientist, who is the key to infiltrating the criminal organization, and they must race against time to find him and prevent a worldwide catastrophe.
in this promo for movietickets.com, which you can exit at 25 seconds b/c it's useless after that, you get to see the team show off their shit for the first time. i'm not sure why they didn't have it in the trailers, but here it is anyways.
i'm thinking johnny and sue are looking alright but i'm still not sure about the other two...
Was Christina Hendricks Happy With the End of Joan's Story on 'Mad Men'?
Just like you Christina Hendricks is experiencing some separation anxiety as Mad Men ends, but she’s ready for her next red-hot awakening.
- Upcoming work includes Dark Places with Charlize Theron and Roadies, a Showtime series by Cameron Crowe. "I’m the head roadie and a little more rough around the edges than Joan would have been. [She] doesn’t try to use her feminine wiles and doesn’t try to flirt her way into situations and things. She’s a very, very different kind of girl."
- Was reluctant to do TV so soon after Mad Men
- Very pleased with Joan's final story
- Was initially scared of Joan and hated her hair at first
“I thought, Who is this person? Gosh, she’s bossy, she’s a know-it-all, she’s critical. And then after several conversations, Matt said: ‘She truly thinks she knows best, and if she can give that wisdom to someone else, then she’s being helpful.’ And I thought, Okay—I can work with that. And then I just started to love the snarky stuff that she would say. Even in the beginning, I loved the weird lines: Joan saying to Peggy, ‘Your sandwich makes me sad. Let’s go out to lunch.’ That’s such a mean thing to say to someone—but it was so fun to do!”
- Loves her female following because she's a "girl's girl.”
- Matthew Weiner on Christina: "There’s just none of the ego or grandiosity that Joan has—you just don’t get it with her. She’s kind of a homebody and watches reality TV and reads books, but—I hate to say it—she’s one of us. She’s just like a regular person… but she plays Superman during the day."
The American music market is the biggest music market in the entire world, and many artists have tried to break into it to leave their mark on it. Here are 10 acts from around the world that tried and failed to break into the American music market.
1) Utada Hikaru
Utada Hikaru tried to break into the American music market over 10 years ago with her debut English language album Exodus in 2004. She was marketed as the "Japanese Britney Spears," but her album didn't make a dent stateside. She released four singles from Exodus, including Easy Breezy, You Make Me Want To Be A Man, Devil Inside, and Exodus 04. Devil Inside was a #1 dance hit in the states, while Exodus 04 was a minor club hit.
Utada released her second English album 5 years later in 2009. Come Back To Me peaked at #69 on the Billboard 200 chart, and was promoted with the lead single Come Back To Me.
Korean superstar BoA released her first English language album BoA in 2009. Her heavily-publicized stateside debut flopped, as her debut album consisted mostly of throwaway Britney tracks. She released three singles: Eat You Up, I Did It For Love, and Energetic.
3) Wonder Girls
Korean girl group Wonder Girls released their debut English single Nobody in 2009. Despite opening for the Jonas Brothers on their tour, their single peaked at #79 on the Billboard Hot 100.
4) Girls' Generation
The second Korean girl group to try to break the American music market was Girls' Generation. In 2011, Girls' Generation embarked on a heavy promo tour, performing on the Late Show with David Letterman and Live! with Kelly in support of their single The Boys. Their attempt to break the American music market was quickly forgotten.
5) Marie Serneholt
Marie Serneholt was originally from ABBA cover band A*Teens. In 2006, she released her debut solo album Enjoy The Ride. She was slated to release her album in the United States, but plans were quickly scrapped after her label realized that nobody in states would care to check for her music.
6) Kaci Battaglia
Kaci Battaglia is an American pop star who had much better luck in the UK with her debut single Paradise. Despite being American, Kaci had trouble landing on the charts in the U.S. Her first album never charted.
She followed up with two singles, Crazy Possessive in 2009 and Body Shots in 2010, both of which were #1 Dance hits in the U.S.
Singaporean pop star Sun released the single for her debut English language album in 2009. Fancy Free's Joseph Kahn-directed music video got some promo on television and before trailers in movie theaters, but not even that could get her song to chart in the states. Her debut English-language album never came out.
8) Tata Young
Thai pop star Tata Young released her first English-language album in 2004 in hopes of breaking the American music market. Her cover-heavy album never was released in the United States, but she found success in Japan, where her single Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy went Top 10. Tata Young went on to release two more English-language albums.
British girl group Sugababes released their debut American single Hole In The Head in 2003. Despite being a #1 Dance hit, the song peaked at #96 on the Billboard Hot 100.
British girl group Mis-Teeq also released their debut American single in 2003. Scandalous was featured in the flop movie Catwoman, and it peaked at #35 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Share your favorite pop acts that failed to break into the American music market!
Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey Horne) and Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer) revealed at a Twin Peaks panel in Seattle today that:
- David Lynch will direct 18 new episodes of Twin Peaks
- Original series composer Angelo Badalamenti will compose new music for the series
- the Twede's Cafe in North Bend, Washington will be restored as the original Double R Diner set
Shooting will apparently start in September.
source: welcometotwinpeaks, comicbook
yesss can't wait!
FKA Robyn has been keeping fans eagerly awaiting the release of her eighth studio album, tentatively titled "R8," however, messages between Rih and a fan cleared things up about the rumoured #R8 release this Sunday.
She will include more dancehall music on this album, says dancehall producer Dre Skull who revealed that he was contacted by Rihanna’s people to contribute music to her project. Read more @ The Boombox
1 + 2
Do you believe in R8, ONTD?
Source: Mad Max parody by Kris Sundberg and You Tube.
Summary: Ellen congratulates him on being married. JGL wishes he was a dancer. Snowden hitRECord on TV JGL explains what feminism means to him and mentions a current collaboration on hitRECord about the word. Source
The World War Z sequel, is definitely moving forward.
Brad Pitt will be back to star again.
Paramount has announced a release date of June 9th, 2017.
Director J.A. Bayona will direct the sequel and according
to the screenwriter: "starting with a clean slate"
Last time there was MORE DRAMA ON SET THAN THE ACTUAL MOVIE lol.
Chris Brown has more to say about Tyson Beckford hanging out with his ex Karrueche Tran. This time he's also coming for his wife and child. Beckford has yet to respond to this foolishness
Follow up to this post.
Sounds nice and the video looks great.
What's that song that can make you feel instantly better, ONTD?
I’d been talking to Richard’s reps about him doing the show and if he would be interested and they were always very encouraging, so I got on the phone with Richard. He’s such a thoughtful actor and an interesting man, he has so much respect for all facets of storytelling and really honors and respects his craft, so the conversations were fantastic about his interpretation of Francis, and he actually sent me several of his journals which detailed how he was approaching the character, he was so well read and articulate in terms of his approach of Francis Dolarhyde that I felt safe with the role in his hands, so he came aboard and won everyone over. He was such a wonderful breath of fresh air for the series, because he’s essentially a regular in the last six episodes of this season, he’s in every episode and has as much to do as Will Graham and Hannibal Lecter, so it’s very much the thrumble of these three crazy guys in the last six episodes.
other stuff @ source
Would Lee have made a better Red Dragon? Will you be watching Halt and Catch Fire?
Oh No They Didn't staple Hilary Duff showed her support for the LGBT community last week when she stopped in Texas to promote her latest single, Sparks. Of course, this is not the first time that Hilary has showed her support to the LGBT community, who remembers her iconic Think Before You Speak ("That's So Gay") PSA?
Yesterday, Hilary was out and about with her mother, the paparazzi asked Hilary Duff her thoughts on gay marriage being legalized in Ireland, she said: "Go Ireland! (Gay marriage) should be legal everywhere!"
Later the paps continued filming her even though her son was crying and Hilary had had enough: "You know what you guys, I think that (Ireland) legalizing gay marriage is awesome, but what should be illegal is you guys taking pictures of children. That's not cool, it's not ok, clearly he doesn't like it. I understand you're doing your job, I have a job to do, but that's my kid, and it should be illegal."
Hilary Duff went out to lunch in West Hollywood at celebrity hot-spot Zinque cafe on Melrose ave with her Mother Susan and son Luca Comrie during Memorial Day Weekend. She got a little annoyed about people taking pictures and she went off on photographers.
Hilary out in studio city with Luca May 22nd
Hilary teases more Sparks are coming, could it be the non tinder version of the video? I think so!
Fools. pic.twitter.com/BX61XLNx00— Hilary Duff (@HilaryDuff) May 24, 2015