Articles on this Page
- 01/27/15--10:08: _Shocking! Phillip P...
- 01/27/15--10:23: _Beyoncé Review of F...
- 01/27/15--10:23: _The Originals 2x12 ...
- 01/27/15--10:24: _Amma Asante: "Cumbe...
- 01/27/15--10:24: _Everybody's Doing I...
- 01/27/15--10:24: _Taylor Swift's twit...
- 01/27/15--10:24: _ONTD Original: Look...
- 01/27/15--10:24: _Christina Aguilar O...
- 01/27/15--10:25: _ONTD Roundup
- 01/28/15--00:53: _Kim's best selfies ...
- 01/28/15--02:43: _Hayley Hasselhoff f...
- 01/28/15--02:44: _Freida Pinto on Acc...
- 01/28/15--03:18: _Taylor Swift respon...
- 01/28/15--03:18: _Farrah Abraham talk...
- 01/28/15--06:16: _Justin Bieber betwe...
- 01/28/15--06:16: _Eye Candy 1x04 snea...
- 01/28/15--06:17: _The Flash 1x12 Exte...
- 01/28/15--06:35: _Rita Ora thirsts af...
- 01/28/15--06:45: _Big Sean on the cov...
- 01/28/15--07:19: _Beyonce & Nicki Min...
- 01/27/15--10:08: Shocking! Phillip Phillips wants out of his American Idol contract!
- She was up against Joe Wright, Bennett Miller and Steven Soderbergh to direct
- Dakota did a four page reading from Ingmar Bergman's Peronsa for her audition
- Discribes the sex:"It's dirty but classy. It feels pretty blanaces: a niple of hers, a butt cheek of his."
- Universal was not sure she could handle this big a fan base until she reminded them she did a pic about the Beatles
- Beyonce's haunted plays under one of the hardcore sex scenes which is what she showed Bey only.
- 01/27/15--10:23: The Originals 2x12 promo
- 01/27/15--10:24: Everybody's Doing It: Calvin Harris Has A Vegas Residency Now
- 01/27/15--10:24: Taylor Swift's twitter and instagram hacked
- 01/27/15--10:25: ONTD Roundup
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Red Carpet
- Sam Smith Responds to Howard Stern Calling Him a Fat, Ugly, Gay One-Hit Wonder
- Rashida Jones’ Reaction To A Reporter Describing Her As 'Tanned'
- Emma Watson Cast as Belle in Live-Action Beauty and the Beast
- Margot Robbie Reportedly Dating Alexander Skarsgard
- Benedict Cumberbatch Apologizes For Referring to Black Actors as 'Coloured'
- Holland Roden Visits School for Meatless Monday
- Lena Dunham Says Woody Allen is 'A Real Perv'
- Concert Cancellations As NYC Preps for Storm
- Another Bill Cosby Accuser Comes Forward
- Maria Menounos Stinks Up Red Carpet At SAG Awards 2015
- Blink 182's Breakup is Apparently Super Messy
- Hershey Cockblocking Our Cadbury Chocolate Affair
- Yesterday's ONTD Roundup
- 01/28/15--00:53: Kim's best selfies as reviewed by an art critic
- 01/28/15--02:43: Hayley Hasselhoff for Sharp Magazine
- 01/28/15--02:44: Freida Pinto on Access Hollywood Show
- 01/28/15--03:18: Taylor Swift responds to Madonna compliment .....
- 01/28/15--06:16: Justin Bieber between two cushions
- 01/28/15--06:17: The Flash 1x12 Extended Promo "Crazy for You"
- 01/28/15--07:19: Beyonce & Nicki Minaj Video Shoot in Texas?
- Says that 19 Entertainment and its companies "manipulated" him into accepting jobs.
- Thought he is grateful for the opportunities American Idol has given him, he has not been free to do what he wants musically.
-Also said in lawsuit that he was forced to play for free for an American Idol sponsor and didn't know the title of his latest album before it was released publicly.
This is going to get so messy. He better sleep with one eye open.
Soundtrack continues to be amazing...
DIRECTOR SAM TAYLOR-JOHNSON IS Interviewed in LA TIMES:
Note: I am curous to see what MPAA means with "Graphic Nudity" in its rating. Nipples and butt cheeks are not new or graphic.
Amma Asante the British director of Belle wrote about Cumberbatch, the use of the term "colored," and viewing mistakes in a way that incorates intent and unintentional offense. It is an impressively thoughtful opinion on the issue and the broader implications of the debate.
Her point is that harboring on about the word choice and appology negates what he was saying about the importance of diversity and standing up with minority actors which is what he was trying to do.
"So for my part, I see an actor who was on Smiley's important show who was trying to stand in unity with his fellow actors, about an issue that has mostly been highlighted by those of color within the entertainment industry."
"We make mistakes. But isn't it time we started to have more nuanced discussions on race -- where heart and intent are taken into account, allowing us to concentrate on the very real battles we face to eliminate the existence of racism from all elements of our world?
-Harris' contract is for three years with hakkasan Group.
-He'll split his time between Hakkasan Nightclub, MGM Grand Hotel & Casino's Wet Republic and the sooned to be opened Omnia Nightclub at Caesars Palace
-Harris will also act as a music consultant for Hakkasan's brand.
It's been fixed already but here are some screenshots, rest at the source!
Taylor responded on tumblr saying:
"My Twitter got hacked but don't worry, Twitter is deleting the hacker tweets and locking my account until they can figure out how this happened and get me new passwords. Never a dull moment."
The other day I posted a pole dancing celebrities ONTD Original, and in that post I finished off with Demi Moore the 90s film Striptease. I hadn't ever watched the movie as an adult, having only caught it on cable, so I went back and rewatched it-- much to my surpise, it was a surprisingly good film with an overt positive slant toward women involved in the sex-work-adjacent industry.
So let's go back and re-evaluate Striptease, a surprisingly feminist should-be cult classic.
Just what is Striptease actually about?
Striptease is about Erin Grant, a young mother who, loses her job as a paralegal at the FBI and custody of her daughter within the opening scenes of the film. The film centers around the fall out of the obsession two men develop for her after she begins her career as a "dancer" (not "stripper", as the movie restates a number of times).
The first of these two men is a familiar figure in today's feminist world, the Nice Guy (AKA the guy who gets killed).
Mr Nice Guy buys Erin flowers, has an apartment covered in photos of her, and attempts to blackmail Republican Senator David Dilbeck into overturning the custody judge's ruling. As Dilbeck says, however, the judge is a democrat and therefore will not listen to Dilbeck... so naturally, he has him killed.
The second of the two men is the above mentioned Senator Dilbeck (A.K.A. Convak Dilvak A.K.A. Congressman Dildo), a Republican Senator up for re-election who is married but can't seem to stop going to stripclubs. He's enraptured when he first sees Erin dance, and when a customer climbs on stage to accost her during a routine, Dilbeck climbs on and smashes a bottle over the guy's head. He's in a disguise, but he's recognized and photographed assaulting the random patron.
Okay, who cares? Why is this supposed to be interesting?
Despite the premise, Striptease is full of feminist dialogue. Demi Moore's character sets boundaries within her work place and defends the other dancer's rights to set their boundaries. When the manager of the Eager Beaver tries to get Erin to agree to creamed corn wrestling when the other dancer's have rejected it, we get the following exchange.
Erin: o chance that I'm gonna roll around naked in creamed corn with drunken yahoos trying to stick niblets up my hoo-hah.
Orly: Not naked. Health Department won't go for naked. Not with food products.
Erin: I always liked the Health Department.
Orly: So you'll think about it?
Erin: Not for one second.
Erin: Orly, if I wanted to wrestle I would've joined the World Wrestling Federation.
Erin: - And speaking of real class?
Orly: What's the problem?
Erin: (holds up coasters and napkins with the Eager Beaver logo) We hate these. They degrade women and beavers.
Orly: I'll take it under advisement.
That is to say...
1. The women are empowered and in control of their lives, and are allowed to set boundaries at their workplace.
Meanwhile, the emotional core of the film revolves around the relationship between Erin and her daughter Angela, rather than a romance plot.
2. The emotional thrust of the film is about a mother-daughter relationship, with a kick-ass mother not unlike Sarah Connor!
3. It even PASSES THE BECHDEL TEST! Erin and her daughter speak on a variety of topics, and Erin speaks about dancing with her co-workers.
The film also addresses the conflict Erin feels about having been forced into a profession she feels conflicted about. After her daughter Angela sees Erin on stage, they have the following conversation...
Angela: I was just thinking. Do you like dancing?
Erin: Not really.
Angela: It's not fun? -
Angela: You're just dancing.
Erin: Just dancing's fun, honey. Sure, that part of the job.
Angela: What's not fun? The customers? Urbana said some of them are mean and stupid.
Erin: Pumpkin, have you ever seen me dance? Have you?
Angela: I told the girls that... - I came out tonight.
Erin: While I was dancing?
Angela: You looked really pretty.
Erin: No, I didn't.
Angela: Yeah, you did. You looked great.
Erin: Thank you, baby.
Erin's feelings about her profession are confronted not through the lens of someone trying to shame her, but are rather grounded in her daughter's approval and her own feelings of being able to properly raise her daughter.
4. The film refuses to shame strippers / dancers for their profession.
Erin's character is shown practicing her choreography, the movie repeatedly affirms the "no touching the dancers" rule, and the male staff doesn't harass the women, who come from a broad spectrum of backgrounds. Erin even shares a particularly friendly relationship with the Eager Beaver's bouncer.
The movie ends in a comedy of errors in which Erin is the ultimate badass, who overcomes her violent scummy ex-husband and the evil congressman in a series of increasingly ridiculous scenarios.
5. Women don't need to be rescued in this film, they rescue themselves!
Not to mention the soundtrack is AMAZING.
"Gimme Some Lovin'"
"Get Outta My Dreams, Get into My Car" by Billy Ocean
3. "The Tide Is High" by Blondie
4. "Expressway to Your Heart" by The Soul Survivors
5. "Green Onions" by Booker T. & the M.G.'s
6. "Love Child (Halaila)" by Laladin
7. "I Live for You" by Chynna Phillips
8. "You've Really Got a Hold on Me" by The Miracles
9. "Mony Mony" by Billy Idol
10. "If I Was Your Girlfriend" by Prince
11. "I Hate Myself for Loving You" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
12. "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" by Eurythmics
13. "Return to Me" by Dean Martin
14. "Missionary Man (Eurythmics song)" by Eurythmics
Also, naked women and great stripping.
And that's why you should all go and watch Striptease.
For Monday, January 26, 2015:
Kim Kardashian has made taking selfie an artform and with her selfie book titled Selfish coming out soon, Complex magazine analyzes some of Kim's best selfie to examine the cultural merit of and technique behind her selfies
March 30, 2014<
"The title of work is a triple entendre. Not only does Kim allude to the fact that Brody Jenner is literally her "brother from another mother," but he is also the embodiment of a typical "bro." The basic bitch duckface makes us question our own mortality, simultaneously making the audience think: "stars, they're just like us!" but also: "what have I done with my life?""
Title of Work: “Just finished my morning workout”
May 13, 2014
"A triptych of repeating images emphasizes the artist's personal study into perfecting the female form."
Title of Work: “Rise & Shine”
April 21, 2013
"Clearly, the artist uses a normal household light to create a mock sunlight effect, not only shaping the color story in the image, but creating a halo around Kim's head—hinting at religious undertones."
Title of Work: “Kissing Face Emoji”
Dec. 15, 2014
"By cropping out her child, Kim causes the viewer to reflect on the bondage and commitments of motherhood. Plus, she was just feeling her look, can she live?!"
and my fav:
Title of Work: Getting ready for Late Night With Seth Meyers! Tune into NBC tonight!
March 25, 2014
"A visual study in monument building."
much more at the source
Selfie post! Let's debate the artistic merits of selfies!
+ 2 NSFW-ish photos after the cut, rest and article at the source
Freida Pinto stopped by Access Hollywood to talk about her New Film Desert Dancer.
In an Australian interview, Madonna praised Taylor Swift. Madge said, " I like Taylor Swift. I think she writes really catchy pop songs. Can’t get them out of my head."
Taylor took to her Tumblr and said, "Thanks now I’m dead." Swift also wrote, "#how am i supposed to deal with this #BE COOL TAYLOR STOP BEING EMBARRASSING"
SOURCE http://taylorswift.tumblr.com/post/109361792735/its-good-to-have-princesses-of-pop-it-means And http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2015/01/28/madonna-i-like-taylor-swift-i-cant-get-her-songs-out-of-my-head/
So Farrah was on The Doctors yesterday to talk about her Simpsons mouth incident. She said that she's been getting fillers for years because she doesn't like that her bottom lip is bigger than her top lip and decided to get a permanent implant in her lip instead of doing fillers. She claims she researched the doctor and the procedure like crazy only to have an allergic reaction immediately when he put in the numbing agent which landed her in the ER where she got steroids and was sent home.
She must have called up camera crews pretty quickly because they have some video of her when she was still really swollen. One panelist claims they've never seen of or heard anything like what happened to her but figures it could have been an allergic reaction. She says no implant ended happening although she was spotted filming an episode of Botched for the show's second season and also added #Botched to her initial tweets of the reaction so who knows.
She goes on to claim that it was a big wake up call and that she could have died but then follows up in the next breath how she's getting butt implants.
-Bieber leaving the Nine Zero One salon in Hollywood.
-He is using two seat cushions to cover his hair. Apparently he is concerned about the pieces of hair popping out of his hat.
-Bieber will also be featured in a Comedy Central Roast airing later this year.
I thought I'd seen it all. ONTD, have you ever been between two seat cushions?
23-year-old Emmanuel Nwamadi turned Rita Ora into a blubbering mess after his rendition of Sade's Sweetest Taboo.
On relationship with Ariana Grande:
“We started as friends. I’d never done that. Usually you meet a girl and then start dating. We always saw each other in the studio, and we’d talk about songs we were working on. It was cool to have a girl that I could talk to about my problems. I did that with her. It’s not some fake-ass, inauthentic shit when I say we were friends. This is something special and I appreciate every moment of it.”
On what it's like to have their relationship in the news and finding time to spend together.
“I don’t think about it like that. You can’t be afraid, because when you’re afraid you don’t give it your all.”
On Naya's claim that he stole her Rolex and her decision to say that publicly.
“You can come to that conclusion yourself if you just look at the facts. I felt like it was unnecessary drama ‘cause in my eyes it wasn’t true. I wasn’t surprised by it. Even though I didn’t steal anything, I wasn’t surprised by it.”
On the deaths of Eric Garner and Mike Brown.
“It don’t even surprise me. It’s sad. It is a racial thing, but the fact that the law can get away with this is sad. That you can kill somebody on camera. It’s been happening. It’s so wrong, on an ethics level, on a racial level, on so many levels. It brought my spirits down yesterday when I heard about Eric Garner. I didn’t even tweet about it. I didn’t do anything. I couldn’t.”
-Earlier today (ONTD is late), fans of Hip Hop & R&B pals Nicki Minaj and Beyonce received a report claiming the ladies were to shoot scenes for Minaj’s new single ‘Feeling Myself‘ today.
-Backed up by Houston, Texas residents who claimed to have learned of the shoot through local radio stations, today has seen more details emerge from the reported shoot.
-Lifted from Minaj’s latest album ‘The Pinkprint‘, scenes for ‘Feeling’s video are being shot today, after reports emerged the ladies had been granted permission to shut down a portion of U.S. Route 59 for filming purposes.
-Beyonce fans will understand the significance of Route 59 as it runs through her home state of Texas, name-dropped in the single which was co-written by R&B singer SZA and produced by Hip-Hop producer Hit Boy.
First, this is the hottest choreo so far on the Net.
Source 1, 2, 3