Articles on this Page
- 12/11/14--10:25: _Sony's Amy Pascal a...
- 12/11/14--10:44: _Anime News: Mamoru ...
- 12/11/14--10:45: _Tyra Banks sued by ...
- 12/11/14--11:17: _#PottyTrainors Asse...
- 12/11/14--11:18: _"Inherent Vice" pre...
- 12/11/14--11:18: _ARROW MIDSEASON FIN...
- 12/11/14--11:37: _Grizzly Bear's Edwa...
- 12/11/14--11:38: _Cougar Town's Busy ...
- 12/11/14--11:47: _first black supermo...
- 12/11/14--12:01: _More George Clooney...
- 12/11/14--12:10: _18 (5) other CW sta...
- 12/11/14--12:39: _Tuxedo (Mayer Hawth...
- 12/11/14--12:39: _ONTD Roundup
- 12/11/14--13:33: _Best Buy Perhaps Ma...
- 12/11/14--13:41: _1D on the Red Carpe...
- 12/11/14--13:41: _Star Wars' s new ch...
- 12/11/14--14:12: _Is Drake a Hip Hop ...
- 12/11/14--14:12: _ESPN likes Gronk an...
- 12/11/14--14:15: _Congressional staff...
- 12/12/14--10:09: _Why Are U Punishing...
- 12/11/14--10:25: Sony's Amy Pascal apologizes for being a racist...
- 12/11/14--10:44: Anime News: Mamoru Hosada's next film, Psycho Pass movie, NEW Naruto
- 12/11/14--10:45: Tyra Banks sued by former ANTM contestant
- 12/11/14--11:18: "Inherent Vice" premiere in Hollywood
- 12/11/14--11:18: ARROW MIDSEASON FINALE RECAP!
- 12/11/14--12:01: More George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin weding pics
- 12/11/14--12:10: 18 (5) other CW stars who deserve Golden Globe nominations too
- 12/11/14--12:39: ONTD Roundup
- Guess Who? Masked Monster Behind the Wheel
- 21st SAG Award Nominees Announcement
- Makeup Artist Transforms into your Faves
- This Photo Is Causing A Mini US-Britain Controversy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Reese Witherspoon Make Out For The New York Times
- Sony Studio Exec Calls Kevin Hart a Greedy Whore
- More Sony Leaks: James Bond, Spider-Man & The Interview Premiere
- Columbus Short Opens Up About Cocaine Struggles
- Man Accused of Raping Lena Dunham in College Releases Statement
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies LA Premiere
- Who Is Going To Die On Tonight's 'American Horror Story: Freak Show?'
- Critics Pick the Best TV Shows of 2014
- The Truth About Taylor's Love Life
- Promo for Arrow and Finale Discussion
- Yesterday's ONTD Roundup
- 12/11/14--13:33: Best Buy Perhaps Made a Poor Tweeting Decision
- 12/11/14--13:41: 1D on the Red Carpet @ the BBC Music Awards
- 12/11/14--13:41: Star Wars' s new characters' names are revealed!
- 12/11/14--14:12: Is Drake a Hip Hop Home-Wrecker? An Infographic Investigation
- 12/11/14--14:12: ESPN likes Gronk and also kittens
Sony’s Amy Pascal Apologizes for Obama Emails: ‘Not Who I Am’ http://t.co/pBicSPO568— Variety (@Variety) December 11, 2014
Sony Pictures co-chairman Amy Pascal: “The content of my emails were insensitive and inappropriate but are not an accurate reflection of who I am. Although this was a private communication that was stolen, I accept full responsibility for what I wrote and apologize to everyone who was offended.”
This was the convo between her and producer Scott Rudin during the Sony Hack fiasco:
Rudin: “Would [Obama] like to finance some movies.”
Pascal: “I doubt it. Should I ask him if he liked DJANGO?”
Rudin: “12 YEARS.”
Pascal: “Or the butler. Or think like a man? [sic]”
Rudin: “Ride-along. I bet he likes Kevin Hart.”
Mamoru Hosada (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Wolf Children) has announced that his new film "Bakemono no Ko" (The Boy and the Beast). The film will open in Japan on July 11, 2015.
"The movie is a training story about a boy who was separated from his parents and becomes a disciple of a bakemono (supernatural creature). It's going to be a traditional yet novel story."
The movie will be set both in Tokyo's Shibuya ward as well as the bakemono/monster realm... in these two worlds lives a lonely boy and a lonely bakemono. After the boy gets lost in the bakemono world, he becomes the disciple of the bakemono.
A fansubbed Psycho Pass movie trailer.
An interview with Naruto's author Masashi Kishimoto.
According to crunchyroll:
- he always intended to end the series with a battle between Naruto and Sasuke
- he didn't write too much romance in the manga because he felt embarrassed
- however the themes of love will be apparent in the naruto last movie
There will be a NEW Naruto film scheduled to be released 2015 August. Bolt Uzumaki, Naruto's son, will be the new protagonist. Bolt appeared in the last chapters of the manga. Kishimoto will also be working on a short-term serialization based on the Naruto manga for Spring 2015.
"I am currently thinking about a story between Bolt and Sasuke's daughter Salad. Sasuke and Sakura will be in it, too," and added, "I am also thinking about Bolt's lethal technique."
Shoujo mangaka Amu Meguro (Honey) drew her take on The Fault in Our Stars.
source: crunchyroll, 2, 3, 4
- also Durarara!! season 2 has been confirmed for three cour (30+ episodes)
general anime post? what did you think of naruto's ending??
Tyra Banks and The CW are being sued by a former America's Next Top Model contestant, who claims she was stripped of her title, which she was awarded in the taped finale of the "All Star" seventeenth season, due to her background as a paid escort.
Angelea Preston (right) claims in her breach-of-contract suit, in which she is seeking $3 million in damages, that she did not violate any rules since she had worked as an escort long before her participation in the show.
The suit also alleges that contestants were subject to poor conditions, such as no meal breaks and enduring twelve-hour workdays.
The CW has naturally dismissed Preston's claims as being "without merit."
Let's get the inevitable out of the way:
When did you start drinking ontd?
The premiere of Warner Bros. Pictures' "Inherent Vice" at TCL Chinese Theatre on December 10, 2014 in Hollywood, California
Benicio Del Toro
Joanna Newsom and Andy Samberg
Jordan Christian Hearn
John C. Reilly
i love jena but guuuuuurl
source | source
So since we can't post recaps, just link to them, I will sum up what happened and you can read the article at the source.
-Basically, what you need to know is that Ra's is a flop, you can hear his Australian accent at times, and only Nyssa is pronouncing his name correctly.
-Laurel told her mom about Sara's death and promised that she will avenge her. But what she doesn't know is that Thea killed Sara so that will be awkward.
-Malcolm basically drugged Thea to kill Sara so he could blackmail Oliver to demand TRIAL BY COMBAT from Ra's and kill him so he would save his own ass. Someone needs to kill Malcolm already, seriously.
-Thea lied to Oliver's face several times but he never gave up on her, even though Diggle and Felicity didn't exactly share his opinion.
-I skipped the flashbacks so I don't know what happened there, I only caught the scene where the woman with the white wig kidnapped Katana.
-Diggle said that Oliver is the smartest man he knows.........Diggle, bb......
-Ray told Felicity that his fiancee was murdered so that's why he left after he had kissed her. Later, he showed her his Atom suit and asked her to help him protect the people of the city. She noticed a pattern again.
-Oliver decided to demand trial by combat so he could protect Thea and he foolishly thought that he could win, although I don't blame him for being confident after seeing and hearing Ra's...
-Oliver went to say goodbye to everyone, and told Felicity that he loved her, oh well.
-This was an actual line from the show: "Remove your shirts, it is custom." Lmao well played, show.
-Ra's 'killed' Oliver.
A new Diplo track has surfaced, featuring the guest contributions of Grizzly Bear’s Edward Droste and Vampire Weekend’s Rostam Batmanglij.
‘Long Way Home’ is built around a beat from Diplo that originally features on Ty Dolla $ign’s ‘Stand For’.
Cougar Town's Busy Philipps is a big fan of The Elf on the Shelf book and doll. For those of you who don't know, The Elf on the Shelf started out as a Christmas tradition in 2005. The Elf on the Shelf tells the story of the elves Santa Claus sends out to spy on children. Since Santa Claus is too busy and can't keep an eye on every little boy and girl, he sends out his elves to look after the world's children, who report back to him on whether or not a little boy or girl has been naughty or nice and deserves to get a gift.
Over the years, this Christmas tradition has gotten extremely popular, as well as controversial. Each book comes with an elf doll. Parents hide the elf around the house, warning children that the elf is always watching them to make sure that they are being good. Check out Busy Philipps' Instagram pictures below, as well as the article which lists some of the Christmas tradition's most controversial aspects.
SOURCES 1 + 2
-happened in the mid-80s
- Cosby gave her a drugged cappuccino when she visited his home to read through lines for her part on The Cosby Show
-didn't speak out because“Black men have enough enemies out there already, they certainly don’t need someone like you, an African American with a familiar face and a famous name, fanning the flames.”
-read the whole thing, its short and very powerful
OMG, this made me cry...this guy is a monster
New photos of the Clooney wedding were released.
In the wake of Gina Rodriguez's surprising Golden Globe nom for Jane the Virgin, E! thinks it's about time that the HFPA stops discriminating against pretty people and has compiled a list of 18 other CW stars who deserve(d) nominations of their own. Here are five.
Jared Padalecki, Supernatural
Jared must be very talented in order to make us want to hug him even though he's the size of a moose. This is legit.
Joseph Morgan, The Originals
He deserves credit for taking his original villain arc on The Vampire Diaries and spinning it off into a new series.
Ian Somerhalder, The Vampire Diaries
Stephen Amell, Arrow
He's the hardest-working actor on TV now.
Maggie Q, Nikita
Maggie Q was a badass in the role. Unfortunately the GGs don't offer a Best Badass category.
read the rest at the source (other shows mentioned are One Tree Hill, The 100, Veronica Mars, Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls, Smallville, Reign, and Hart of Dixie)
which CW stars deserve a nom, ontd?
so much better than the original! xmas music post!?
For Wednesday, December 10, 2014:
Best Buy, the store which has been a constant figure in the Serial broadcast, just tweeted this:
Hae Min Lee, a Baltimore high school senior was, according to police, allegedly killed in a Best Buy parking lot by her ex-boyfriend Adnan Syed. The presence of a pay phone at this specific Best Buy has been an area of dispute because Syed's maybe-friend Jay said Adnan called him from one after killing Hae.
Best Buy currently has no chill.
Update: Best Buy has deleted the tweet and issued an apology:
We deeply apologize for our earlier tweet about Serial. It lacked good judgment and doesn’t reflect the values of our company. We are sorry.— Best Buy (@BestBuy) December 11, 2014
Exclusive: @StarWars: #TheForceAwakens character names revealed (in coolest way possible): http://t.co/3vUZnxYK2Tpic.twitter.com/e3l1syoQRS
— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) December 11, 2014
ontd, have you caused problems (purposely or otherwise) in someones relationship? 👀
Rob Gronkowski (of the NE Patriots) did an interview with ESPN mag where he talks about Brady and injuries and also did a photoshoot with kittens that ESPN mag really enjoyed
- Boston is cray
- he likes to dance around the house to get better at football
- his biggest fear is not being able to play football because of injures (esp. since his bad knee injury recently)
- he cried real tears when he hurt his knee
- he likes Brady but tells all his friends that he's mean and isn't going to get him a christmas present
- he does pushups while watching Spongebob
you can also click THIS LINK for the ENTIRE GALLERY of BEHIND THE SCENES and KITTEN PICS
SOURCE also if you're wondering the consensus of everyone is that Gronk is a caveman but does well at football, and this post is an excuse to look at him shirtless and also kittens
RT "@GeoffRBennett Congressional staffers stage walkout in protest of Garner and Brown grand jury decisions" AMAZING!— shonda rhimes (@shondarhimes) December 11, 2014
Walkout. pic.twitter.com/zg1guvKmtD— Ryan J. Reilly (@ryanjreilly) December 11, 2014
Congressional staffers walk out https://t.co/11kkYRqgAt— Ryan J. Reilly (@ryanjreilly) December 11, 2014
Some music to go along with this post:
Post music, discuss the case(s), etc., etc.
Marvel Wants A Fresh Start With 'Spider-Man' Without Andrew Garfield...http://t.co/OjPb8FsnZJ— LatinoReview-Kel (@Latinoreview) December 12, 2014
Russo Bros. want to produce Sony's Spider-Man films, and they will be directing Infinity War. They start off the email with, "A pity that negotiations with Marvel did not work." They go on to say that they will still be able to direct The Gray Man, and are willing to produce the Spider-Man films through Bullitt, their new production company.
I wonder if Marvel would so inclined to allow them to work with their competitors. But that might not be a problem now that Marvel and Sony are in close contacts with each other regarding Spider-Man.
So if y'all remember (if not, go through the leaks tag), there is a potential 60/40 split deal (with Marvel on the higher end) for the rights to Spider-Man, if Sony keeps treating Spider-Man and the entire universe like a bag of shit (both story-wise and promo wise).
Well, Sony is now sent into a topsy turvy of a shitastic roller coaster with their leaks, and with these leaks, even more was revealed!
If the merger happens, Sony will handle distribution and Marvel will take on creative control over characters and story line because they know Sony can't do jack shit right. Marvel hates the idea of an Aunt May solo film. Who wouldn't, when there are a TON of other characters in this universe (especially female characters that deserve the spotlight more than Aunt May, sorry, not sorry).
If Marvel gets their way, they will be erasing everything from The Amazing Spider-Man movie series, so they are doing a complete overhaul.
They state that the new films will put romance on the sidelines, and focus on the difficulties of being a teenager and a superhero, which, you know, is the whole point of these movies.
Say goodbye to Andrew, Emma, and everyone involved with Sony, and say hello to a brand new ensemble if Marvel (hopefully) gets their way.
Please work...doing this from my phone so it's a struggle.