Articles on this Page
- 04/15/17--14:46: _New Sailor Moon Lip...
- 04/15/17--15:31: _Celebs Join/Tweet A...
- 04/15/17--15:41: _Kylie Jenner Reveal...
- 04/15/17--15:45: _Doctor Who 10x02 'S...
- 04/15/17--15:49: _Wanna Get In Shape?...
- 04/15/17--16:12: _Carrie Fisher will ...
- 04/15/17--16:38: _ONTD Original: The ...
- 04/15/17--17:05: _Rachel Bloom is wri...
- 04/15/17--19:10: _DeadMau5 Takes A Sh...
- 04/15/17--19:10: _New BTS shot from "...
- 04/15/17--21:15: _The Killers Tease N...
- 04/15/17--22:44: _Harry Styles Perfor...
- 04/15/17--23:41: _ADULT SWIM - SAMURA...
- 04/16/17--01:07: _Lady Gaga performs ...
- 04/16/17--05:28: _Selena Gomez and Th...
- 04/16/17--07:15: _Killjoys Season 3 P...
- 04/16/17--07:21: _Harry Styles in SNL...
- 04/16/17--07:21: _Casting “Crazy Rich...
- 04/16/17--08:13: _The Expanse 2X13 pi...
- 04/16/17--08:38: _Weekend Box Office:...
- 04/15/17--14:46: New Sailor Moon Lipsticks Change Colors Based on pH
- 04/15/17--15:41: Kylie Jenner Reveals New Hair Colours
- 04/15/17--15:45: Doctor Who 10x02 'Smile Next Time' Trailer & Coming Soon
- 04/15/17--16:12: Carrie Fisher will NOT be in Episode IX...
- 04/15/17--16:38: ONTD Original: The Hottest Player On Each NBA Playoff Team
- 04/15/17--17:05: Rachel Bloom is writing a book
- 04/15/17--19:10: DeadMau5 Takes A Shot At The Chainsmokers On Twitter
- 04/15/17--19:10: New BTS shot from "It" shows Pennywise in action
- 04/15/17--23:41: ADULT SWIM - SAMURAI JACK 5x06 "XCVII"
- 04/16/17--01:07: Lady Gaga performs new song "The Cure" at Coachella
- 04/16/17--07:15: Killjoys Season 3 Promo
- 04/16/17--07:21: Harry Styles in SNL skits
- During early casting calls, producers stated the cast will be 'all-asian'
- The casting of the lead male role went to Henry Golding, who is Eurasian
- Many are objecting to the casting as this role could change the way American views an Asian leading man
- Social Media, even Hong Kong based 'South China Morning Post' question the decision of casting an half-asian man. They question whether this is as far as Hollywood is willing to go in casting an Asian man even if the role was made for them, that they are only willing to go 'half' way.
- Arguments from both sides have explored Eurasians' struggle for acceptance, one topic brought up was 'Is Eurasian Asian enough?'
- People looked to Henry's British upbringing along with his British father, using this to argue that he is white, others argue that he is asian enough. They say that a half-asian man being casted should be seen as a good thing
- Many look back at Hollywood's tradition of casting Eurasians as leads as a way to be 'diverse' while maintaining their 'whiteness'
- Kwan, the author of the novel series says "For a movie that was supposed to break barriers, I really feel that they came up short in this casting decision. I’m sure Mr. Golding is talented and is going to do a great job. However, the message is clear; you simply CANNOT be a full-blooded Asian male in a romantic lead in Hollywood. From Daniel Henney to Russell Wong and even Keanu Reaves; only Eurasians will survive Hollywood casting scrutiny.”
- Many of Kwan's fans were disappointed with the casting choice, they did not attack Henry but went after Hollywood's view of Asian men
- 04/16/17--08:13: The Expanse 2X13 pics and sneak peek, plus roundup
- 04/16/17--08:38: Weekend Box Office: Fate of the Furious opens big
The Japanese cosmetic company Creer Beaute unveiled news about its upcoming release in their line of Sailor Moon products: lipsticks designed to look like Sailor Moon's Disguise Pen (seems to be a re-release) and the (Inner only) Sailor Soldiers' Transformation Pens. Apparently they change colors based on your skin's pH (Source). Their Japanese price is ¥3024 ($28 USD), and they'll be available in July (in Japan). The shades are as follows: baby pink (Moon), light-pink nude (Mercury), cherry red (Mars), peachy nude (Jupiter), and sheer coral (Venus).
Images Hosted at Ultraimg
Debra Messing and Alicia Silverman joined the Tax March in NYC today, other celebs tweet about it, and Nazis make trouble at the Berkeley march.
Let's see what the #MSM reports on. The violent alt-right horror at Berkeley or the 1000s of peaceful purposeful Tax protesters organizing.— Debra Messing (@DebraMessing) April 15, 2017
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Source:10x02, Coming Soon
Thoughts on the first new ep, ONTD Whovians? Thoughts on our new LGBTQ WOC Companion, Bill?
My new single #HulaHoop has dropped - the whole world is going to be following the official Zumba Fitness choreography - get ready to dance and shake!
Les preparé esta sorpresa junto a mi gente de Zumba. La coreografía de *HULA HOOP*. Este tema nació del ❤️ de ustedes. LA GENTE LO PIDIÓ Y NOSOTROS EJECUTAMOS! Baila y Goza pero HASTA ABAJO! 💃🏼🐕💃🏼🐕💃🏼🐕🌎🌍🌏🔥🔥
It was previously reported that General/Princess/Saviour of Us All Leia Organa, aka the late great Carrie Fisher, would feature in Star Wars Episode IX using cut scenes from The Last Jedi.
However, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy (a known enthusiast of casting clones of herself in leading roles) has informed GMA that Todd Fisher must have been 'confused', as "Sadly, Carrie will not be in nine [...] But we will see a lot of Carrie in eight."
She confirmed that Carrie had completed her shooting obligations for The Last Jedi before her tragic passing in December, and that as the creative team working on Episode IX hadn't finished the screenplay yet they regrouped and "started over again" on the story so that Leia would NOT be in it.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be Carrie's final appearance as Leia Organa.
Has this news pushed you to the Dark Side, ONTD?
In honor of the NBA playoffs starting today, here are the best looking players from each playoff team (and some honorable mentions for players on non-playoff teams).
1. CELTICS - Al Horford
2. CAVALIERS - Kevin Love
3. RAPTORS - Serge Ibaka
4. WIZARDS - Trey Burke
5. HAWKS - Thabo Sefolosha
6. BUCKS - Giannis Antetokounmpo
7. PACERS - Paul George
8. BULLS - Dwyane Wade
1.WARRIORS - Andre Iguodala
2.SPURS - Danny Green
3. ROCKETS - Trevor Ariza
4. CLIPPERS - Blake Griffin
5. JAZZ - George Hill
6. THUNDER - Russell Westbrook
7. GRIZZLES - Mike Conley
8. TRAIL BLAZERS - Damian Lillard
HEAT - Justise Winslow
NUGGETS - Kenneth Faried
MAVERICKS - Harrison Barnes
SUNS - Tyson Chandler
The book is described as containing “hilarious, irreverent, and deeply relatable personal essays, fictional stories, poems, opinions, and more.”
It is set to be published in Spring 2019.
The New York Times tweeted a link to their pop music podcast episode entitled "How Do You Solve a Problem Like the Chainsmokers?" (where they proceed to shit all over the duo and their stupid new album, including calling the collaboration with Florida Georgia Line "abhorrent", lmao)
How Do You Solve a Problem Like the Chainsmokers? https://t.co/4308SzlAC3— The New York Times (@nytimes) April 15, 2017
Easy. You suck a shitload of Grammy dick and pay a ghost producer. Next question. https://t.co/x8336Kbeas— dead mow cinco (@deadmau5) April 15, 2017
DeadMau5 accuses the duo of using a ghost producer - a claim that comes after the "musicians" were suspected of lip syncing on SNL and attracting negative attention last year after a Billboard profile on the two revealed that they were total fucking douchebags
Do you think The Chainsmokers will make it to album number 2, ONTD?
Source 1 2 3 4
A new behind the scenes image from the filming of 'It' was posted on reddit where we can get a good look at Bill Skarsgård's Pennywise.
Brandon Flowers took to the The Killers official twitter to preview a 25 second clip of what is more than likely the instrumental to a new track for the forthcoming fifth album. With the caption "This thing's taking forever..." Brandon is seen feeling himself and the music. The clip was shot at producer Jacknife Lee’s home studio in California.
This thing's taking forever... pic.twitter.com/NuDTROjohC— The Killers (@thekillers) April 13, 2017
But if that's not enough to tide you over until the first single drops - Steve Angello was kind enough to debut a new BFlow/The Killers track titled "Feels Like Heaven" at Coachella this weekend. This track was recorded well over a year ago and was first mentioned by Steve Angello during an interview with Zane Lowe in January of 2016. This isn't the first time Brandon has collaborated in the EDM scene - Brandon co-wrote and sung on Avicii's "The Days" originally, but ultimately passed on the song that eventually went to Robbie Williams. Check out the new track below:
Sources: 1 | 2
Ashi's search for Samurai Jack helps her to see his effect on the world after encountering numerous people and places where he has changed things for the better.
Ah man, what an episode...
#SNAPGAGA (@scladygaga) April 16, 2017
Selena and Abel were seen to be all over eachother at Coachella, with Selena even making a rare post of the two together yesterday (April 15).
Her post was possibly prompted from the fact that fans and attention-seekers were stalking the couple all weekend.
April 14: Selena and Abel at Coachella in Indio, CA #selenagomez#theweeknd#abelena#abeltesfaye#coachella#sal (Abel has on Selena's glasses)
April 14: Video of Selena Gomez and Abel Tesfaye (The Weeknd) watching Travis Scott perform at Coachella in Indio, California. #selenagomez#theweeknd#abelena#abeltesfaye#nav#coachella#coachella2017
April 15: Selena Gomez seen at Coachella with Abel Tesfaye (The Weeknd) in Indio, California. #selenagomez#theweeknd#abelena#abeltesfaye#coachella#coachella2017 (credit: b.dope23)
April 15: Video of Selena Gomez seen at Coachella with Abel Tesfaye (The Weeknd) in Indio, California. (Selena was seen ordering Pad Thai Noodles and kissing Abel. They also ordered curly fries.) #selenagomez#theweeknd#abelena#abeltesfaye#coachella#coachella2017
Sources: 1, 2 (more here, if you can believe it)
Are you ready for the return of everyone's fave Designated Asshole Fancy Lee on June 30th, ONTD RAC Agents?
ONTD, do you think an Eurasian man playing the role of an Asian man is ok? (legit not bait tbh)
Synopsis from link at tweet: 'The Roci crew must fight to save the ship.'
Inside the Expanse 2X12:
Episode 12 was one of the most emotional for Naomi and was tough for Dom to shoot. There's a casualty of her wanting to do good and that's Amos. Her stabbing him with the anesthetic- he receives the brunt of her frustration. It was awful being held by her neck up a wall, but she felt like she was doing some great, heavy hitting stuff, she hopes it lands with viewers and solidifies Naomi's journey.
Alex really understands what Holden is going through and sees the cracks, the guilt, how Holden is trying to make good and redeem himself and it concerns Alex, you see the clash of personalities. In the beginning Alex was obsessed, trying to redeem himself for what he felt he didn't do and Holden was trying to help him along, then they switch roles as S2 progresses and it gets pretty heated. Cas really likes the dynamic they have. \
After filming his cameo on Syfy's The Expanse, Adam spends a few minutes chatting with actor Wes Chatham (Amos). No actual spoilers, since it was clearly filmed before the season aired. Wes is a fan of the genre and working on The Expanse is like a kid in a candy store every day, he was also a fan of the books before auditioning for the show and Amos was his favorite character. They geek out about the props and space suits
For those interested in the backstory comics for the Roci crew, the first one was about Holden's backstory, this second comic will have Naomi and Amos' first meeting.
George RR Martin (who has a personal connection to Ty and Daniel) is a fan of the show, from his personal LJ:
'Last night's episode of THE EXPANSE was really strong, I thought... Jimmy Corey's books and the TV series based on them have both gotten a fair amount of acclaim -- awards attention and the like -- but not nearly enough, imnsho. The show had a good first season, but it's only gotten stronger in season two. If it keeps on at this level, it deserves to be ranked among the best SF shows of all time. Acting, directing, writing... and my god, the look of it. The space stuff, in particular. BABYLON 5, FIREFLY, and the various STAR TREK successor shows were all spiffy looking in their day, but THE EXPANSE is to those shows as they were to the original TREK, and as the original TREK was to ROCKY JONES: SPACE RANGER.'
Syfy Wire's Cher Martinetti and Adam Swiderski join producers/universe creators Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham and discuss 2X12 (featuring special guest star Terry Chen who plays Prax)
Highlights from the podcast:
* After Alex calls Holden out and says their family needs them, it had an effect on Holden and he works through his obsession with the proto-molecule, compared to the risk he was taking with the people he cares about, following that obsession. When the chips were down, he chose the people he cares about over his obsession. The pill Errinwright used against his Martian counterpart is designed to target the body chemistry of people who are on gravity drugs and gives them a heart attack, so it would work on Martians and not on Earthers. It wasn't in the drink, it was on the program for the opera. It doesn't feel like Errinwright is acting out of character, he just keeps changing what that means.
* Terry Chen doesn't typically play characters like Prax, who himself isn't a typical character- Prax is a fully fleshed out, three dimensional character. A lot of what he does as an actor comes from his personal life that he adds to the character. He has a lot of insight from the writers where Prax is coming from, he's a very conflicted father- he's a driven father trying to find Mei, but it wasn't a perfect father-daughter relationship either. Prax has a lot of guilty about Mei, leaving her in the clinic, having more comfort dealing with plants than with his own daughter. It's a part of his journey and arc- making himself feel like he's worthy of this journey and finding his daughter.
* The linguist that Terry worked with on the Belter Creole has 2 autistic children. Terry spoke with him about his kids and how as a parent of special needs children there's an internal conflict- you want to be able to take care of your child to the best of your ability, but there's a sense of helplessness not knowing how to treat them, navigate through agencies and specialists, it's such a foreign landscape. Terry doesn't have kids and he sees sometimes the helplessness- having kids in general, there' s no handbook, Prax was doing the best he could as a single parent. What he fell back on was his work, his guilt lies in the priorities in his life, which was his work as a Botanist over being a father. That guilt has been sitting with Prax for a long time, the Ganymede situation brought it to the surface.
* Terry read the first book halfway, but he stopped reading, because Prax is new to the Roci and the crew, so Terry wanted to discover things together with Prax, without preconceived notions about where Prax was going. Prax is a Belter, but he's a different kind- he's been on Ganymede most of his life, he doesn't have tattoos and he's a scientist, but when he needs to he can bring out the Belter and speak like one. Most of Terry's real life tattoos he thinks are Belter appropriate, but it doesn't suit the character, so they're covered up. There are a lot of differences (cultural, economic, life style) between Belters who live on ships or stations and others like Prax who live on Ganymede, which is the size of Mars, it's a giant moon.
* Terry can't imagine what Syrian refugees and the people in Aleppo are going through. This genre gives us a great opportunity to tell stories of refugees and people who don't have a place to call home, the sense of displacement and complete loss. It's incredible throughout the history of humanity how many people went through what Prax and the people on Ganymede have gone through, it's cyclical and incredibly devastating and sad. They do their best to tell these stories truthfully, but it's still television, it's still a safe space to explore it.
* Terry is more like Prax than the badass characters he tends to play. Prax has been one of his favorites to play, because he's so vulnerable, went through a hellish experience and suffered loss, but he's still driven and passionate to find his daughter. All these events are leading to a transformation for him, there's so much there for an actor to play with and absorb. Prax is a genuinely good person, a vulnerable, nurturing man who is still heroic in his own way, he's not dark like a lot of the other characters, even if he's in a dark place.
* Terry loves the developing dynamic between Prax and Amos, it's incredibly compelling for a lot of reasons, they're so different but they get each other in a very interesting way. They spitball a bit about a buddy cop Amos-Prax show and what that would be like (Cher thinks Amos can both be buddy cop-ed with anyone and shipped with anyone, OP agrees). The relationship with Holden is a bit stilted- Holden has his own thing going on, while Prax is just someone on his ship taking up space. As we move along, they'll start to warm up a little bit.
SOURCES: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7
GIFS: #1, #2, #3
Happy Easter ONTD Expanse fam. Are you all mentally and emotionally prepared for the finale?
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
What did you watch this weekend, ONTD?