Articles on this Page
- 10/20/16--07:45: _NINTENDO ANNOUNCES ...
- 10/20/16--08:12: _Tom Cruise Acts Out...
- 10/20/16--08:17: _The Best Celebrity ...
- 10/20/16--08:26: _Awards season kicks...
- 10/20/16--08:44: _Arrow Falls to Seri...
- 10/20/16--08:45: _Terror Jr. releases...
- 10/20/16--08:45: _FINALLY: Red Dead R...
- 10/20/16--08:45: _ONTD Roundup
- 10/20/16--09:22: _Moby & The Void Pac...
- 10/20/16--09:23: _First reviews for D...
- 10/20/16--09:23: _Black Sails Roundup!
- 10/20/16--09:23: _Lady Gaga Roundup Post
- 10/20/16--10:09: _Netflix teaser for ...
- 10/20/16--10:12: _Undecided: The Movi...
- 10/20/16--10:54: _American Horror Sto...
- 10/20/16--10:55: _Katy Perry to perfo...
- 10/20/16--11:15: _Lindsay Lohan Slams...
- 10/20/16--11:18: _Little Mix release ...
- 10/20/16--12:18: _Middle schoolers ar...
- 10/20/16--12:18: _ Kris Jenner Confro...
- 10/20/16--07:45: NINTENDO ANNOUNCES NEW CONSOLE!
- 10/20/16--08:12: Tom Cruise Acts Out His Film Career w/ James Corden
- 10/20/16--08:26: Awards season kicks off with Gotham awards
- 10/20/16--08:44: Arrow Falls to Series Low
- 10/20/16--08:45: Terror Jr. releases teaser videos for 'Bop City'! + tracklist
- 10/20/16--08:45: FINALLY: Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer!
- 10/20/16--08:45: ONTD Roundup
- Azealia Banks' Sun Interview: "Russel Crow called me a n* under his breath, was smoking pot"
- Azealia Banks gives another account of the Russell Crowe fight and demands a public apology
- Model Katie May's death caused by her chiropractor
- Lady Gaga on her success 'fame is so alienating'
- Tobey Maguire seen clubbing with Sofia Richie
- "Birth of a Nation" floppage could mean $10m loss for Fox Searchlight
- More anti-Trump 30 Days, 30 Songs released + Le Tigre reunites to release pro-Hillary song
- Amanda Seyfried Opens Up About Meds & Mental Illness
- Celebs tweet about the third Presidential Debate
- Gaga Claps Back On Twitter, Again
- ONTD Original: 40 Holiday Horror Movies
- Yesterday's ONTD Roundup
- 10/20/16--09:23: First reviews for Doctor Strange are in!
- 10/20/16--09:23: Black Sails Roundup!
- 10/20/16--09:23: Lady Gaga Roundup Post
- 10/20/16--10:09: Netflix teaser for "Barry" (a.k.a., the other Young Obama film)
- 10/20/16--10:12: Undecided: The Movie Official Trailer 1 (2016)
- 10/20/16--10:54: American Horror Story cast visit Halloween Horror Nights
- 10/20/16--12:18: Middle schoolers are helping turn these teenagers into megastars
- 10/20/16--12:18: Kris Jenner Confronts Kim Kardashian Over Nasty Feud
Say what you want about his personal life/Scientology, but the man is a goddamn movie STAR. What's your favorite Cruise role, ONTD?
The Lannisters. Great family. Strong leaders. Ramsay Bolton said nice things about me. Jon Snow is for open borders. Loser. #TrumpBookReport— Victoria Graveyard (@VictoriaAveyard) October 20, 2016
This third debate is about as necessary as The Hangover 3.— billy eichner (@billyeichner) October 19, 2016
Debate Fact: As moderator, Wallace can make the candidates talk about whatever he wants but has chosen to focus on the 2016 election— Onion Politics (@OnionPolitics) October 20, 2016
Not the one I thought would be wearing a white power suit. #debate— Taran Killam (@TaranKillam) October 20, 2016
She floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee. He pouts.— shonda rhimes (@shondarhimes) October 20, 2016
FYI: "ripping baby from womb in 9th month" is called C-section. #VaginaEducation— shonda rhimes (@shondarhimes) October 20, 2016
I can't watch the debate but I heard Trump just mentioned these guys? pic.twitter.com/4twlwptCN3— billy eichner (@billyeichner) October 20, 2016
"Sir?...sir?" Chris Wallace is talking to Trump the way a bouncer talks to a violent drunk at a bar. #debates— Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) October 20, 2016
SUCK IT, DINGUS. pic.twitter.com/2PulW5DUl6— Ian Karmel (@IanKarmel) October 20, 2016
Trump Supporter Wondering If He Supposed To Burn Down The Emmys Now Or Something #debatenight— Onion Politics (@OnionPolitics) October 20, 2016
I have laughed so hard at this over the last 10 minutes that I felt the urge to share. pic.twitter.com/z9lYT56coc— Thomas Harris (@thomas_harris_) October 20, 2016
'I've developed so many friends.'— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) October 20, 2016
Humans 'make' friends, Donald. They 'make' them.#debate
Literally, Chris Wallace just asked, "You're going to lose, Donald. We all know it -- can you be cool about it?" #debates— Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) October 20, 2016
"Nobody respects women more than me, you nasty woman." Huh.— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) October 20, 2016
Trump: "A vote for her is a vote for four more years of Barack Obama." Best. Reason. To. Vote. Ever.— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) October 20, 2016
Trump is going to blame Hillary for SUPERMAN v BATMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE. #debates— Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) October 20, 2016
What'sTrump gonna do when he loses, doesn't concede election? a) throw a tantrum b) get in child's pose c) suck his thumb d) grope a woman.— Ana Navarro (@ananavarro) October 20, 2016
Clinton: 'You Think I Didn't Prepare A Fucking Closing Statement, Chris?' #debatenight— Onion Politics (@OnionPolitics) October 20, 2016
"I didn't know there was going to be a pop quiz" pic.twitter.com/yHEWmYFj8S— B.J. Novak (@bjnovak) October 20, 2016
Congratulations, America. We survived these 3 debates w/o dying or killing anyone. Take a deep breath. If that doesn't work, a deep gulp.— Ana Navarro (@ananavarro) October 20, 2016
Source: 1234567891011 1213
What's your favorite debate reaction?
Mods, the last post was about celeb reactions prior to the debate. I thought I'd be nice to have a post for the debate reactions.
Gotham awards are indie focused awards. Winner ceremony is November 28th.
- fell to an 0.6 in the demo with 1.80 million viewers
they did this to themselves
Bop or die pic.twitter.com/UA5lSwurDK— Terror Jr (@terrorjrmusic) October 17, 2016
1) Little White Bars
4) Come First
5) Say So
6) Super Powers
7) 3 Strikes
this is gonna be so good! the second teaser sounds so nice!
also, the ruveal in the second teaser is happening! do you think it's gonna be kylie?
are you excited? did rockstar take their sweet as time with this to make it right or are they just lazy? discuss.
For Wednesday, October 19, 2016:
Thoughts on the pros & cons of our current digital/smartphone age, ONTD? Which side of the Millennial generation spectrum do you fall under, Generation Y (1980-1995) where you can easily remember a time before home computers/internet access/mobile & smart phones & the transition over to them in everyday life OR Generation Y (1995-2010), you have only ever known life w/ this technology being a given of everyday life? And for the 2010 - current as-yet-unnamed-unless you could Generation Z'ers, what are you doing on ONTD? You are like, 6 yrs old. Please ask for an adult.
Marvel screened the film for the press last night and those who were able to watch posted their first impressions on Twitter.
#DoctorStrange is just phenomenal. Visually one of the most stunning films in years.— Ashley Menzel (@ashleygmenzel) October 20, 2016
#DoctorStrange is a very good origins story, Probably the most unique Marvel one yet. Cumberbatch brings the comic character to life!— Nuke The Fridge (@NukeTheFridge) October 20, 2016
The action sequences in #DoctorStrange are unlike anything Marvel's done. There are so ferociously loopy, frenetic & nerdy, I adore them.— ErikDavis (@ErikDavis) October 20, 2016
#DoctorStrange is SPELLBINDING! Hot movie! Great performances especially Cumberbatch as Strange, storytelling, & incredible visual effects!👍— Umberto Gonzalez (@elmayimbe) October 20, 2016
DOCTOR STRANGE magic makes HARRY POTTER's look like parlour tricks. Dark & spooky psychedelic horrors, abracadabra wowie zowie. Loved it— Josh L. Spoockey (@JLDlite) October 20, 2016
source 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
A lot happened at NYCC!
Some S4 promo pics:
HQ pictures without watermark can be viewed here
Detailed description of the first 10 minutes of the S4 premiere, as seen during the NYCC panel:
The scene opens with Flint and Silver sitting side-by-side. Flint is reciting Genesis 25:23 (”The LORD said to her, “Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger.”). Now, if it isn’t obvious enough already, that’s some pretty heavy foreshadowing. Flint turns to Silver, saying that though Jacob and Esau were the closest two people could get to being the same person, the first thing they did upon birth was fight to get ahead of the other. Flint relates this to the crew, suggesting that all their men have at some point considered striking down their neighbor- and everyone’s thought of killing Flint. (Silver has this really cheeky line, something along the lines of “if it’s any consolation, I haven’t thought about killing you for months”). Flint tells Silver that, because the end of this war is finally in sight, they need to keep their alliance strong just a little longer because they accomplish the most when they stand united.
The Walrus is headed right into a trap laid out by Rogers. I’m not going to detail the semantics of it because it’s too fantastic and breath-taking and clever for me to spoil you about it. As they move forward, we cut to two scenes- one in which Madi (looking hella beautiful) shares a word with Silver and Silver chides her for not yet trusting Flint. There’s a bit of tension there (Madi curves the question, Silver says something like “I don’t believe that’s what I was asking” and she throws back “I don’t believe you’re going to like my answer”). We also cut to Jack and Teach. Jack gives a speech to their crew, framing the upcoming battles as vengeance for Charles Vane (it’s an amazing bit). Then, shit ensues with the ships and the battle between Flint and Rogers. It’s not looking well at all.
The clip ends with Flint telling the crew to abandon ship. Jack, Teach, and Anne stand divided about whether or not to escape or follow suit, heading straight into the chaos (which would probably mean certain death/capture). Flint and Silver are the last to leave the ship, though Madi tries to convince Silver to leave earlier bc of his leg. A blast throws Silver off the ship with its impact, he falls right into the water and his peg leg is entangled in some of the ship’s ropes, preventing him from reaching the surface. Madi yells after him, obvs distraught. Flint begins to take off his coat to dive in after Silver but then he hesitates as the attack continues and more of the crew are being killed around him. The clip ends with him (and the audience) looking onto the water with waning hope that Silver survived.
This IGN interview with Luke Arnold!
- Luke feels like he's played a different character every season, but feels like he plays four different characters in S4 alone
- "The changes he goes through in the first few episodes are really dramatic."
- Silver is now very invested in this world. "It's now the two of them [Silver and Flint] ready to take this war to the world."
- All his relationships - Flint, Madi, Billy, the rest of the Walrus Crew - make him feel a part of the war, and makes Silver feel like he can pick up the mantle to start the revolution.
- "Madi is really integral in giving him the confidence to take that up."
- Flint and Silver are "about as close as two friends can be."
- S4 has crazy "twists and turns" with "a very satisfying conclusion"
- Does nod to Treasure Island in the end, but "it doesn't go exactly the way you think it will"
This IGN interview with executive producers Jonathan E. Steinberg, Robert Levine and Dan Shotz!
- S4 is the last because "the story felt ready" and the payoff to all the relationships were imminent, and at a certain point it's hard to top itself
- "Right away you'll sense that [Flint and Silver] are closer than they've ever been. That becomes very integral not just to their relationship but to what happens at large for everyone in the story. ... That relationship becomes extremely central right down to the last scene."
- The war against civilization is strong from the very beginning and carries through the whole season
- Eleanor made a choice in S3 that she wants to integrate herself into British society and they want to do justice to her story, including the gender norms and restrictions that come with her ambitions.
- Max's story in S4 is about her figuring out why, despite getting everything she wanted in S2 and S3, she isn't at the place she thought she'd be. S4 is about her figuring out what she really wants. "She's either going to be a victim of what's happening with the war, or she's going to take control of it."
- Regarding major character deaths in S4 - "I think by the end, people will realize why S4 had to be the last. It just wouldn't be the same show."
- S4 "starts really hot and never lets up."
Lauren Sarner's fantastic interview with Luke Arnold for Inverse
- On John Silver's missing leg in S4 - "The peg leg in Season 3 was alright, but Season 4, the left leg is pretty much strapped up all the time and we also made the crutch a bit short, which looked good but is physically a terrible thing to do. Most physios say you should use two crutches, not one, because your alignment will tilt to the side. And that’s what happened. Everything on my right side got stretched; everything on my left condensed."
- Figured out how to get on and off a horse with one leg with the help of his one-legged stunt double
- On Silver's backstory - "He talks about Solomon Little, and they’ll be hearing him using Solomon Little again in another story. You get a sense it’s not the complete truth. We delve into this a bit in Season 4 — the idea of Silver’s backstory and how truthful he’s being with people around him."
- Characters will interact in S4 that previously had little to no interaction, such as Silver and Jack.
- On Flint and Silver's relationship - "They’re best buds is really the thing. Flint’s a rock star, and when the rock star brings you into their world, everyone succumbs to it. Even though Silver and Billy were always on the outside like, ‘Fuck him, he’s our leader but we never want to be seduced by what Flint is,’ I think when we begin Season 4, Silver has been sucked into that. They’ve got a mutual respect. They’ve accepted that they’re friends. They’re the pirate kings together."
- On the potential downfall of the Flint/Silver relationship - "You follow Flint because you think he’s the smartest; the best tactician. He’s saying that he’s going to lead them to a better future, that it’s all about changing civilization for the good of all, but when you find out it’s about something so personal and vulnerable then you start to question whether you should put your faith in someone who’s doing something for personal means. For someone as intelligent as Silver, I think that rings some alarm bells."
- Luke's favorite S3 scene between Silver and Flint was the shark hunting - "That was the first time it got to be just the two of us doing a big sequence together to that extent. We definitely top that in Season 4 — there is so much Flint and Silver stuff and it gets really, really deep. There’s a lot to look forward to on that side."
- Jessica looking absolutely gorgeous
- Jessica talks about how lucky she feels to play a woman who is loved and feared and powerful, and is proud to represent the "gay community"
- Luke on Silver's missing leg - "That's part of the transition from going from the peg leg to the crutch. In season 3 he still wants to be seen to be a complete man, and that evolution he goes through to being able to use the crutch is some acceptance that now he is a different person since he lost the leg, but maybe even a stronger person and more capable person."
- Jessica is just as intrigued by Max & Anne's relationship as the rest of us
- Max and Anne's scenes are "very dramatic and very intense"
Luke Arnold recently shared some behind-the-scenes info about the show on Twitter :)
We actually filmed the scene in 108 where Silver dives in to save Flint, it just didn't make the cut. We both almost drowned #BlackSailsBTS— Luke Arnold (@LongLukeArnold) October 9, 2016
Some iconic shots in S3+4 are not me but Ben de Jager, my amazing amputee double. I'm honoured to share the role with him #BlackSailsBTS— Luke Arnold (@LongLukeArnold) October 9, 2016
I never formally auditioned for the role of Silver. I got cast after testing for Vane #BlackSailsBTS— Luke Arnold (@LongLukeArnold) October 9, 2016
I basted the pig in honey but we had to stop filming because bees swarmed me. You can still see/hear them in Flint's coverage #BlackSailsBTS— Luke Arnold (@LongLukeArnold) October 9, 2016
Meanwhile, in what is possibly some of the coolest Black Sails news in recent days, Toby Schmitz has written a graphic novel about Jack and Anne's origins:
Also, though Toby was unable to attend NYCC, Luke Facetimed him during the panel:
If you told 12-year-old me that one day Long John Silver would take him to @NY_Comic_Con digitally he'd call the cops. On a landline.— Toby Schmitz (@fallofasparrow) October 7, 2016
Also this spooky image...
In some sad news, Jannes Eiselen, the man who played Dufresne in Season 1, unfortunately passed away on September 24.
So sad to hear that my dear friend and colleague Jannes Eiselen, @jeiselen passed away. RIP. I'll miss you Bru.— TOBY STEPHENS (@TobyStephensInV) September 24, 2016
I'm so, so sad to hear my great friend @jeiselen has passed away. The original Dufresne on BS.A truly amazing person. Be at peace brother.❤️— Tom Hopper (@Tomhopperhops) September 24, 2016
Black Sails Season 3 will be released on DVD & Blu-Ray NOVEMBER 8! Discs will include special features about the making of S3. You can see a sneak preview of the special feature about the making of the intense storm scene from S03E02 here!
And in case you didn't see it, here's the official trailer for Season 4.
Lady Gaga's hitting up dive bars with Bud Light across the country for the promo tour of her forthcoming album Joanne.
In the new promo commericial, Gaga previews the stripped-back title track. The performanced will be streamed live tonight @ 10PM EST on Bud Light's Facebook.
@jinsofabhooker did u just say simple stage w band to me. What do u think this is a dive bar 🙃— JOANNE (@ladygaga) October 19, 2016
David Korins, tony-award winning stage desginer for Broadway's Hamilton will be designing Lady Gaga's SNL musical set! Korins is also known for his stage designs for FOX's Grease Live! and Kanye's 2011 Coachella.
Gaga came for the author of NYT's Mixed-negative review on Joanne. Resorting back to her insecure 2013 ARTPOP ways, the princess-turned-pauper of pop fired back at the critic whose review praised her "strong moments," but also criticized her work for not "telling a coherent story," and going "on a fishing expedition for inspiration." (he didn't half life)
@joncaramanica how far must ANYONE need to 🎣4 inspiration & write a song re: the tragic murder of Trayvon Martin as I did w/ "Angel Down".— JOANNE (@ladygaga) October 20, 2016
Although Gaga has shown support for the #blacklivesmatter movement over the summer and her beautiful ballad angel down is certainly inspired by all the police brutality and gun voilence going on this past year, this seems like an odd time to discuss it while in defense of a negative review.
Gaga later performed "Angel Down" at Bemelmens Bar in NYC after the tweets to the critic.
Source 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The film debuted at TIFF earlier this year, and alarmed Republicans by revealing that Obama once dated Thomasin from The Witch.
''A camera crew follows two "undecided" voters along the actual campaign trail, and no Presidential candidate - on either side of the aisle - is spared.''
MAKE LYRICS GREAT AGAIN❗️cc Max Martin & Shellback— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) October 20, 2016
-Perry, a Clinton supporter, will perform as part of Clinton's "Love Trumps Hate" concert series on Nov. 5, just three days before voters hit the polls.
-Details about the location, time and tickets for the concert will be released at a later date, according to Clinton's campaign.
-Perry performed at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia in July prior to Clinton's nomination as the party's nominee and has performed at other campaign stops for Clinton during the race.
In an interview on the Turkish TV network Haberturk—which is hugely pro-Erdogan and in 2013-14 barely covered the protests that rocked the nation,Lohan praised Erdogan.
Says Lohan:"“When the coup happened, just seeing the whole country stand up for each other, that was really emotional for me, all these people in one place, that people were so afraid of, all supporting each other"
“Erdogan did really well and his people, really admiring and respecting him, as the first elected president. This is a big deal,” she said.
Lohan criticizes the United States as a country where it is dangerous and frightening to express oneself because she received hostile comments after she was pictured carrying a copy of the Koran.
“I was going through a lot and close friends gave me a Koran and I brought it to New York with me, it opened doors for me spiritually,” Lohan explained. “This is just me walking with it.”
After the paparazzi took pictures without her knowledge, “they crucified me for it in America,” Lohan says. “They made me seem like Satan."
“I was a bad person for holding that Koran. I was so happy to leave and go back to London after that. Because I felt so unsafe in my own country after this. I mean, people were, like, horrible to me.
“Just because this is my belief, this is something I want to learn.”
VevoUK tweeted this preview this morning:
Then Little Mix tweeted this preview a few hours ago:
Little Mix Twitter
Buy #ShoutOutToMyEx on iTunes or stream on Spotify. The music video will be released at midnight BST! This is the music video we've been waiting for! The girls were finally allowed outside in the daylight!
-Musical.ly, an app that allows you to record yourself lip-syncing to song clips, is turning nobodies like Jacob Sartorius, Baby Ariel, and The Perkins Sisters into megastars.
-The app, which has over 133 million users, is primarily used by teenage girls, and it is said that half of all American teenagers are using the app.
-Jacob Sartorius recently singed with UTA and he's about to embark on a world tour.
-Dani Perkins of The Perkins Sisters recently landed a role on Nickelodeon's "Legendary Dudas."
-Baby Ariel is the most followed person on Musical.ly, and she has her own lipstick line and will be headlining DigiTour.
What's your favorite Jacob Sartorius song?
Kris is mad that Kim helped Caitlin pick out gowns (???)
New season of Keeping Up premires this Sunday!