Articles on this Page
- 08/04/16--15:35: _ONTD Original: 22 o...
- 08/04/16--15:36: _Cara Delevingne tal...
- 08/04/16--15:58: _Anthony Mackie join...
- 08/04/16--16:52: _Derek Theler Reveal...
- 08/05/16--08:52: _Ariana Grande Perfo...
- 08/05/16--08:52: _2016 Disney ABC Tel...
- 08/05/16--09:11: _PETA x Krysten Ritt...
- 08/05/16--09:31: _ONTD Roundup
- 08/05/16--10:44: _Alice Eve's Absence...
- 08/05/16--10:45: _VIDEO: Lindsay Loha...
- 08/05/16--11:24: _Justin Bieber is na...
- 08/05/16--11:41: _Kids react to Block...
- 08/05/16--11:41: _ Jacob Latimore + A...
- 08/05/16--11:45: _'The Eagle Huntress...
- 08/05/16--11:45: _THE #MAKEME VIDEO I...
- 08/05/16--12:24: _Super Dude Henry Ca...
- 08/05/16--12:51: _Oh boy... Bradley C...
- 08/05/16--13:27: _Sesame Street's Gro...
- 08/05/16--13:36: _ONTD Original: The ...
- 08/05/16--13:37: _16 TV Characters Th...
- Mackie also appeared in Bigelow's Oscar winning The Hurt Locker.
- He will play a Vietnam vet and is described as also having a key role in the film.
- 08/04/16--16:52: Derek Theler Reveals His Kiss With Lauren Conrad
- 08/05/16--08:52: 2016 Disney ABC Television Group TCA Summer Tour
- 08/05/16--09:11: PETA x Krysten Ritter on SeaWorld
- 08/05/16--09:31: ONTD Roundup
- Orlando Bloom Naked With Katy Perry (Uncensored)
- Sasha Obama Gets Summer Job at Restaurant
- Comedian Jen Kirkman Likes That Hillary Clinton Has Killed People
- Hank Azaria Reveals that Phoebe was Supposed to End Up with David on Friends
- Sarah Jessica Parker Covers Marie Claire, Says She's "Not a Feminist" Because She Doesn't "Qualify"
- Hailee Steinfeld Admits Taylor Swift’s Squad Doesn’t Hang Out
- Suicide Squad's Executive Producer is Donald Trump's Chief Fundraiser
- Terri Irwin Has Not Gone on Single Date Since Steve's Death
- 'I Am Cait' Reportedly Cancelled After 2 Seasons
- Yesterday's ONTD Roundup
- 08/05/16--10:44: Alice Eve's Absence in Star Trek Beyond Explained
- 08/05/16--10:45: VIDEO: Lindsay Lohan Assaulted By Fiance Igor Tarabasov
- Video and pictures have finally surfaced of an altercation that took place sometime in the last month between Lindsay Lohan and her fiance Igor Tarabasov.
- In the video, we see a Jeep come a halt and then a cell phone flies out. Shortly after, we see Igor explode out of the car and then Lindsay. Lindsay gets ahold of the phone and then Igor comes from behind and tries to wrestle the phone away from her. After the altercation is over, Lindsay climbs into the back of the jeep and Igor gets on his phone while telling Lindsay to get out of the car.
- 08/05/16--11:24: Justin Bieber is naked again.
- 08/05/16--11:41: Kids react to Blockbuster video, adults over 25 feel even older
- Described as having lead roles in the ensemble film
- Official cast now incudes Anthony Mackie, John Boyega, Hannah Murray, Will Poulter, Jack Reynor and Ben O'Toole
- Kathryn Bigelow is directing from a script by Mark Boal who also wrote The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty
- 08/05/16--11:45: THE #MAKEME VIDEO IS HERE!
- 08/05/16--12:24: Super Dude Henry Cavill for Men's Fitness
- 08/05/16--13:36: ONTD Original: The Best of We Hate Movies Podcast.
- 08/05/16--13:37: 16 TV Characters That Were Cooler Than Their Shows’ Protagonists
Welcome to a "Whose Line is it Anyway" appreciation post, brought to you by today's combination of illness & boredom. During research I found out there is actually Colin Mochrie/Ryan Stiles category to be found on AO3, which should surprise absolutely no one. Anyway, the following twenty-two moments are in no particular order and based on my own expertise, so feel free to correct me in the comments!
1. Ryan giving career advice
2. First drafts of famous movie lines:
3. possible best Moving People bit ever
Wayne doing Song Styles with Kevin (from Glee) who is really into it:
8. The best Stand Sit Bend ever
9. Aisha speaking the truth in "Bad times to say what you're really thinking"
11. My favorite foreign film dub feat. Stephen Colbert (who knows enough German that it could possibly get himself arrested)
12. Colin making the most random things funny
14. The infamous foal being born
15. Pizza-themed pickup lines
17. this bit of Sound Effects, largely because of the adorably incompetent audience member
19. Richard Simmons and I'LL BE THE PROP!
20. I couldn't find this on YT but it was Wayne's best role imo
22. And of course this list wouldn't be complete without
BONUS: Ryan and Colin's first scene together
Also here's a bit where the cast touches upon racism while joking about Tarzan
Btw the internet informs me Wayne is the founder of the choke a bitch meme
Aaaand to sum it up:
Source: My memory, the internet, youtube and Wayne Brady's twitter
Mods, I double-checked all the youtube-links and none of them are broken. Also, can't the list be longer than 5 items if it's an original post?
Cara is the September 2016 cover star of Esquire, and in her interview, she got frank about wanting to kill herself during her teen years when she had depression.
She says it started with the struggle of dealing with her mother's own manic depression and frequent hospitalizations. When she was eight, she declared she was going on a hunger strike to until she got the truth about her mother's absence."I didn't feel like I had any control of anything in my life so I just kind of went on a food strike. I was like, 'I'm not going to eat until someone tells me where she is.'"
By the time she was sixteen, things had gotten even more serious. “I think I properly started dealing with depression when I was about 16 when all the stuff with my family started to make sense and came to the surface. I’m very good at repressing emotion and seeming fine. As a kid I felt like I had to be good and I had to be strong because my mum wasn’t. So, when it got to being a teenager and all the hormones and the pressure and wanting to do well at school — for my parents, not for me — I had a mental breakdown. I was suicidal. I couldn’t deal with it any more. I realized how lucky and privileged I was, but all I wanted to do was die. I felt so guilty because of that and hated myself because of that, and then it’s a cycle. I didn’t want to exist anymore. I wanted for each molecule of my body to disintegrate. I wanted to die. I would run off to the woods and smoke a pack of cigarettes and then I would smash my head so hard into a tree because I just wanted to knock myself out.”
LOL so clearly some reactionary casting news after the backlash of yesterday. But where is Angela Bassett???
Have you kissed a celebrity before ONTD?
Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross attend The 2016 Disney ABC Television Group TCA Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California, on August 4, 2016
Hayley Atwell and Eddie Cahill
James Pickens Jr.
Summary from YT: For Krysten Ritter, SeaWorld stops far short of what orcas deserve. It's "time to empty the tanks."
The actual commercial will be out soon.
I did not know Orcas had different languages.
For Thursday, August 4, 2016:
Simon Pegg (co-screenwriter of the film) said in an interview: "With this it felt like we would under-serve her if we included her, she might end up feeling like she hadn't been given the amount of screen-time she deserves, so rather than bring her in and just have her be a supporting role, like, have her not be in this one, and when the time comes [bring her back], the worst thing to do would be to have her in the film and have that character be killed, and that felt like a cynical thing to do. We thought rather than have Carol Marcus not be used to a reasonable capacity, let's just not include her, have her be alive, in canon, and ready to come back at any time."
There was originally a mention of her working on the Genesis Project, but it was scrapped.
Posted via m.livejournal.com.
Trigger Warning: The video and pictures linked to in this post are very graphic in nature.
Lindsay Lohan and her Russian fiancé were caught on camera in a disturbing breach brawl! https://t.co/Pnin1Xp2n1— OK! Magazine USA (@OKMagazine) August 5, 2016
You can view the video as an easier embed here.
Uh oh looks like Justin Bieber got naked again 👀 pic.twitter.com/BzL4Cmi2ou— Was @filthycelebs (@filthystars) August 5, 2016
source 1, 2
Still needs some Angela Bassett though.
fuck yea uplifting documentaries!
Sources: Paraphrased from @HenryCavill, 1, 2, 3.
I be up in the gym, just working on Men's Fitness~
Bradley Cooper & Todd Phillips Turning ISIS Book 'Black Flags' Into HBO Miniseries https://t.co/UQ1p6JfP0P— Film School by Phone (@TeachFilm) 5 de agosto de 2016
Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Joby Warrick reveals how the strain of militant Islam now raising its banner across Iraq and Syria spread from a remote Jordanian prison with the unwitting aid of American military intervention.
When he succeeded his father in 1999, King Abdullah of Jordan released a batch of political prisoners in the hopes of smoothing his transition to power. Little did he know that among those released was Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a man who would go on to become a terrorist mastermind too dangerous even for al-Qaeda and give rise to an Islamist movement bent on dominating the Middle East.
Zarqawi began by directing hotel bombings and assassinations in Jordan from a base in northern Iraq, but it was the American invasion of that country in 2003 that catapulted him to the head of a vast insurgency. By identifying him as the link between Saddam and bin Laden, the CIA inadvertently created a monster. Like-minded radicals saw him as a hero resisting the infidel occupiers and rallied to his cause. Their wave of brutal beheadings and suicide bombings continued for years until Jordanian intelligence provided the Americans with the crucial intelligence needed to eliminate Zarqawi in a 2006 airstrike.
But his movement endured, first called al-Qaeda in Iraq, then renamed Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, seeking refuge in unstable, ungoverned pockets on the Iraq-Syria border. And as the Syrian civil war broke out in 2011, ISIS seized its chance to pursue Zarqawi's dream of a sweeping, ultra-conservative Islamic caliphate.
Drawing on unique access to CIA and Jordanian sources, Joby Warrick weaves together heart-pounding, moment-by-moment operational details with overarching historical perspectives to reveal the long trajectory of today's most dangerous Islamic extremist threat.
From the Hardcover edition.
Let's see if they hire the proper scriptwriters for this...
Team Refugees are a shining reminder that refugees are people with dreams to fulfill and lives to build, who can enrich and inspire communities if we'd just treat them with a little neighborly love. They will be marching together under the Olympic flag at the parade of nations later tonight! Learn more about their amazing stories:
Grover source, Glover source, UNHCR source
Enter any movie post on ONTD, and someone will probably mention the podcast We Hate Movies. What's that you say? It's the iconic and best movie podcast out there right now. Four regular dudes talk about movies that are bad and make you piss yourself laughing doing so. What's not to like? With over 250 episodes in the can, here's just a small portion of some of their best offers.
BATMAN V. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE + BONUS WHM MAILBAG EPISODE
— Recorded immediately after seeing the film in theaters, the gang describes this as an ‘emergency podcast.’ Whether it’s the films “75 9/11s” opening, hilarious Holly Hunter impressions, Batman’s wild dreams, or just their general frustrations with the film, this is a perfect first episode for anyone who has never listened to the podcast before. Bonus: the aftermath from an angry fan in the WHM mailbag episode that followed is must listen. READ A DAMN COMIC!
Episode link | Mailbag link
THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE
— The gang loved this movie when they first saw it. Now, not so much. Featuring Level 11 ‘Woo Ahh!’ from Al Pacino, a hilariously bad southern accent from Keanu Reeves, Charlize Theron doing God knows what, and a pedo jerking off while the girl he assaulted testifies in court, there is no shortage of wild shit in this film. To make this episode even better, there's a special appearance by Martin Cinemax III.
— What do you get when a kid decides to ‘divorce’ from his parents? North, one of the worst films ever created. This comedy with no laughs will make you hate children for life. The gang lets all their hatred out here, wishing for horrible things to happen to this little ungrateful shit bag.
BLAME IT ON RIO
—Oh boy, Blame It on Rio. The movie where Michael Caine fucks his best friends teenage daughter while on vacation in Rio. No fun here, the gang is too disgusted by this gross ass movie to make jokes. Advanced Level We Hate Movies, as they would put it.
JINGLE ALL THE WAY 2 & LARRY THE CABLE GUY: HEALTH INSPECTOR
— You ever fart so hard your back cracks? Don’t answer that. The gang despises Larry the Cable Guy -- with good reason cause omg how is he a thing -- and it's a joy to listen to. Fuck you Larry!
JATW2 Link | LTCGHI Link
THE BOONDOCK SAINTS II: ALL SAINTS DAY
— The worst thing Chris Cabin has ever seen! One is a top and the other is a bottom with their Jesus tattoos. What a mess. I haven’t even seen it and I hate it, thanks guys!
PLANET OF THE APES
— The horrible Tim Burton remake gets the WHM treatment, with hilarious Mark Wahlberg impressions. You guys got an Ape Boston!? Sick, bro!
— Poor Batman, getting his second mention in this post. Steven’s hilarious kiddy lisp voice is in full force, Andrew thinks is even worse than Batman and Robin and no one has Hawkman's phone number. Oh well, guess we're doomed!
What's your fav episode, ontd??
3. Crazy Eyes from Orange Is the New Black
7. Joan from Mad Men
10. Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
13. Titus Andromedon from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
15. Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones