Articles on this Page
- 05/27/16--21:08: _Jeffree Star forget...
- 05/27/16--21:11: _ONTD's fave, Cardi ...
- 05/27/16--21:17: _Hey Arnold creator ...
- 05/27/16--21:59: _Matthew Lewis talks...
- 05/28/16--13:11: _Asian-American Acto...
- 05/28/16--13:29: _ONTD Original: Tv c...
- 05/28/16--13:46: _FIFTH HARMONY EXPEC...
- 05/28/16--13:47: _ Amber Heard: Johnn...
- 05/28/16--14:21: _Top 10 Biggest Musi...
- 05/28/16--14:47: _Blake Shelton propo...
- 05/28/16--14:53: _Real Madrid wins th...
- 05/28/16--14:56: _'Fresh Off The Boat...
- 05/28/16--15:18: _Last Whites of the ...
- 05/28/16--15:24: _Alice Through The L...
- 05/28/16--15:29: _Johnny Depp's ex-wi...
- 05/28/16--16:21: _Justin Bieber Share...
- 05/28/16--16:33: _Pink Panther star B...
- 05/28/16--16:39: _Top 10 Most Hated R...
- 05/28/16--16:47: _The Lonely Island u...
- 05/28/16--16:56: _Kim's new line of e...
- 05/27/16--21:08: Jeffree Star forgets that the internet never does
- 05/27/16--21:17: Hey Arnold creator DENIES claims there was anilingus in cartoon
- 05/27/16--21:59: Matthew Lewis talks about how he first heard of Alan Rickman's death
- Constance Wu (Fresh Off the Boat) talked about how when she booked FOTB, she wasn’t aware of how significant her role was even though she hear how it has been 20 years since a show with a predominantly Asian-American cast aired on tv. She was more focused on paying her rent but has since changed her perspective and focus her self-interest to Asian American interest. She compares getting roles for Asian-American actors to training for the Olympics where the actor only gets a leading role one or twice in a lifetime.
- Daniel Dae Kim (Hawaii Five-O/The King and I) talks about how it is hard to make a living as an actor and it puts actors of color in a very difficult position. He started his own production company, 3AD because he was tired of waiting for Hollywood to create roles for Asian-Americans.
- BD Wong (Gotham) said that it is stereotypical to think Asian Americans do not speak up when they are getting to people’s face about it.
- The article lists many movies that have whitewash Asian characters in movies such as Aloha, Death Note, The Martian, Absolute Fabulous, Doctor Strange, Ghost in the Shell and more. The article points out how studios think that they are being diverse because they cast Tilda Swinton in a male role and Chiwetel Ejiofor in a role that is supposed to be white. The article points out how Emma Stone and the director of Doctor Strange have acknowledged their racist moves.
- The article mention Chris Rock’s gross Asian joke at the Oscar and the letter written to the academy.
- Tv has allow more Asian-Americans to play roles where they are leads, love interest and stars in family sitcoms. Examples include Fresh Off the Boat, Dr. Ken, Priyanka Chopra in Quantico, Vincent Rodriguez III in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Mindy Kaling in The Mindy Project and Lucy Liu in Elementary.
- Asian-Americans make up 5.4% of the US population but only more than half of film, tv, and streaming properties feature zero named or speaking Asian characters. In 2014, 1.4% of lead characters are Asian.
- The article talks about how the audiences and internet has help people be aware of this issue. They include the #StaringJohnCho’s meme going around. The creator of the hashtag talk about how it started out as a joke but realize that having an Asian-American actor starring in a lead role wasn’t so crazy after all. Aziz Ansari points out how Hollywood is being shamed into diversity and moving at a snail’s pace. He points out that the movie posters only feature white people.
- 05/28/16--13:29: ONTD Original: Tv characters that weren't supposed to stick around
- 05/28/16--14:21: Top 10 Biggest Musical Sellouts
- 05/28/16--14:47: Blake Shelton proposes, but Gwen does have doubts
- 05/28/16--14:53: Real Madrid wins the 2016 Champions League final.
- 05/28/16--14:56: 'Fresh Off The Boat' responds to Chris Rock's Oscar joke.
- 05/28/16--15:18: Last Whites of the East End BBC doc accused of being racist
- 05/28/16--15:24: Alice Through The Looking Glass flops
- 05/28/16--15:29: Johnny Depp's ex-wife: "He isn't a woman beater"
- 05/28/16--16:21: Justin Bieber Shares Naughty, #NSFW Selfie on Instagram!
- 05/28/16--16:33: Pink Panther star Burt Kwouk passes away aged 85
- 05/28/16--16:39: Top 10 Most Hated Real Housewives
- 05/28/16--16:56: Kim's new line of emojis are a bit shady
YouTuber RockyRoadKills posted this video reviewing the Skin Frost highlighters by Jeffree Star, unfortunately his broke so he made a video about it and Jeffree did not respond well...
Shortly after posting this comment, he deleted it.
In case ONTD is like Jeffree Star:
- Rocky got one of Jeffree Star Cosmetics's new Skin Frost highlighter
- As soon as he opened it, the pan fell out (prob not glued properly) and completely shattered, he put it back together with rubbing alcohol
- Said he didn't feel like he could do a full review (FYI for you non-makeup peeps: putting together a broken powder pan with rubbing alcohol will make it usable again but it does alter the product since you're adding an extra ingredient)
- Despite that, when he tried it Rocky loved the product and raved about it, along with mentioning how beautiful Jeffree is in person (lol the 2 inch layer of makeup helps I'm sure)
- Will try to go through customer service and get another highlighter to give it a proper review
Lisa Eldridge would never
So Cardi B posted a video with a "joke" that used trans women as the punchline for a "cheating boyfriend" and then proceeded to use 'tranny', a slur that doesn't affect her as a cis woman, multiple times.
And here's her "apology", a series of tweets, and another video:
Listen bitch if I used the wrong term I apologize & I will educate myself more about it https://t.co/yzIo7HYp22— Cardi B (@iamcardib) May 27, 2016
However bitch you not going to sit here and state I'm transphobic cause you bored & want to create something https://t.co/r0KDpXzZ0Q— Cardi B (@iamcardib) May 27, 2016
Now I'm willing for you to suck my dildo cause you really played yourself. https://t.co/kqiOiwNeKv— Cardi B (@iamcardib) May 27, 2016
I understand & that's why I apologize but motherfuckers is not going to play me & make me something I'm not https://t.co/SgbtMoHTkm— Cardi B (@iamcardib) May 27, 2016
I do understand but butch you was trinna play me like I'm transphobic & I stand up & support the community to much https://t.co/z2JN28tgPd— Cardi B (@iamcardib) May 27, 2016
SHMOOD pic.twitter.com/dvB58vXoxs— Cardi B (@iamcardib) May 27, 2016
Source: Celebritea Twitter, Cardi B Twitter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Uses trans women as the punchline of a cheating boyfriend joke, uses a slur that doesn't affect her, "apologizes" and then gets defensive, uses the "my friend is" excuse, and the "how much i do for the community" defense and then post another video... yikes.
Social media recently became convinced that a couple seen through the window in one of the backgrounds of a Hey Arnold scene were engaging in the fabled act known as "eating ass" due to a Vine uploaded suggesting such. Craig Bartlett, creator of the cartoon, said that the man was eating turkey, not ass.
In a new interview with Fault Magazine, Matthew Lewis shares how he learned of Alan Rickman's passing.
"I was at Leavesden Studios the other day, visiting the set of Fantastic Beasts and I was with the producer who did all the Harry Potter films. He was taking me around the studio when the news came through. We were both just completely stunned. But also, to be in the studio when that came through, suddenly every room that I went into, every corridor that I walked down on, I suddenly remembered a story or an image of Alan. It got a bit odd. It was quite surreal. But also, powerfully moving as well. It was quite nice to be there. All those happy memories came flooding back and I got quite nostalgic actually. I went back home last night and just watched loads of interviews with him. It’s hard to describe. On his last day, I had a cup of tea with him in his trailer and we just sat and chatted about the future of my career and what I should do. He just offered me advice in where I should go and he said some things to me that filled me with a lot of confidence. And when you hear those sorts of things from someone of his stature, his ability, it means a lot."
Source - 1
Just about every tv show has those characters that were supposed to be one-offs or only last a couple of episodes as reoccurring characters. Here is a look at some characters that managed to make it from part-time to full-time and how they changed their respective shows.
Played By: Emily Bett Rickards
-Felicity was supposed to just be an IT girl that helped Oliver/The Hood on 1 or 2 missions. Emily Bett Rickards impressed the studio and audience so much that they kept her around the entire season and promoted her to full time at the beginning of their 2nd season.
-Bringing in Felicity full time changed the series for the better or the worse depending on who you ask. She went from a part time character to a character that rivaled the main character not only in screen time but also in popularity and would end up to take over the main role of love interest.
Spike 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer'
Played By: James Marsters
-Spike aka William the Bloody appeared in BTVS Season 2 as the big bad who wanted to kill The Slayer. Spike was supposed to meet his demise in the middle of the season in order to allow his girlfriend, Drusilla take up the mantle of big bad alongside Angelus. Due to James Marsters badass portrayal of the character and reception with the audience, Spike survived the season and became a regular in Season 4.
-Spike would go from big bad to full time Scooby member and would eventually become Buffys new love interest for the shows last 2 seasons. Not even death could keep the character away as he jumped ship after BTVS ended and became a series regular on the sister show, Angel for its final season.
Santana Lopez & Brittany S. Pierce 'Glee'
Played By: Naya Rivera and Heather Morris
- Santana Lopez and Brittany S. Pierce (also known as Brittana) started out as simple lackeys and backup dancers to Quinn Fabray. Half way through the first season they became fan favorites breaking out from under Quinn's shadow. By season 2 both were promoted to series regulars.
-Due to their popularity both as individuals and together, they would go on to get several solo/team up performances along with becoming a power couple on the show, culminating in their wedding during the shows final season.
Blaine Warbler 'Glee'
Played By: Darren Criss
- Blaine Anderson was introduced in Glee's 2nd season as a mentor and possible love interest to Kurt Hummel. He was quickly promoted to a series regular at the beginning of the shows 3rd season.
-Blaine was a stand out character to teenage girls around the world very quickly with his rendition of Katy Perrys 'Teenage Dream', a song that would go on to be one of the shows best selling singles. He quickly overshadowed the shows original muse, Kurt Hummel. The two would go on to become the shows most popular couple.
Sophia Petrillo 'Golden Girls'
Played By: Estelle Getty
-Sophia went from a guest character in the pilot of Golden Girls to a series regular by the second episode.
-Sophia was the wise cracking mother that was never afraid to call it like she saw it which helped make her a popular character. She would go on to out last all the shows characters by appearing in various spin offs such as The Golden Palace and Empty Nest.
Harmony Kendall 'Angel'
Played By: Mercedes McNab
-Harmony is a character that truly stood the test of time. She started out on Buffy The Vampire Slayer as a reoccurring character throughout the shows 7 seasons before becoming a series regular on the spin off, Angel, in it's 5th and final season.
-Harmony went from being Cordelia Chase's lackey to Spikes girlfriend to Angels assistant. She was a dumb blonde both in her human life as well as her vampire life but was always happy go lucky which endeared her to the audience. She didn't make any big splashes though.
Played By: David Boreanaz
- Buffys steamy vampire beau, Angel was not originally meant to last past S1 but his chemistry with SMG and general charisma made the crew/fans fall in love with him. He was officially upped to a regular in S2.
-Angel would go on to be such a popular character that he went on to get his own successful spin off that lasted for 5 seasons. He went from playing love interest to Buffy to playing the main big bad in season 2 to breaking Buffys heart in S3.
Source: Me, myself, and I (avid watcher of all the shows listed)
I know I probably missed plenty so get to listen some of your faves that were promoted from guests to full time and if it was a good decision
7/27 is predicted to debut at #3 on the Billboard 200 with 47-52K pure sales and 70-75K SPS (via @HitsHDD) pic.twitter.com/7q1OM1oOia— 5HonTour (@5HonTour) 28 de maio de 2016
Amber Heard's claims of serial domestic abuse at the hands of Johnny Depp are horrifying. Here they are in her words https://t.co/hBf8z8T5vY— Marlow Stern (@MarlowNYC) May 28, 2016
“I endured excessive emotional, verbal and physical abuse from Johnny, which has included angry, hostile, humiliating and threatening assaults to me whenever I questioned his authority or disagreed with him,” Heard stated in her request filed May 27 in Los Angeles Superior Court.
“He has a short fuse,” she said. “He is often paranoid and his temper is exceptionally scary for me as it has proven many times to be physically dangerous and/or life-threatening to me. Johnny relationship [sic] with reality oscillates, depending on his interaction with alcohol and drugs. As Johnny’s paranoia, delusions and aggression increased throughout our relationship so has my awareness of his continued substance abuse. Because of this, I am extremely afraid of Johnny and for my safety.”
“Many times over the past few years,” Pennington (a neighbor) added in her statement, “Amber has confided and complained to me about Johnny’s abusing her, both physically and verbally.”
Tweet Source | More at the Source (includes graphic content (photo) + details of violence)
Also see Pop culture died in 2009 for all information and receipts so far (contains graphic content/photos).
8. Nicki Minaj
6. Taylor Swift
4. Ice Cube
2. The Black Eyed Peas
Blake Shelton proposed to Gwen during an indoor picnic, with a $1.2 million Tiffany's engagement ring inside of a KFC box. Gwen says her children played a large part of her declining the offer as well as her age difference.
ONTD, have you ever turned down a proposal that came in a fast food container?
BREAKING: Real Madrid wins the 2016 Champions League final.— The Associated Press (@AP) 28 maja 2016
Sorry mods, here we go again. :) The game went into extra time and was ultimately decided by penalties.
On the season finale of Fresh Off the Boat, Eddie Huang tries to watch Chris Rock's Bring the Pain (the show is set in the 90s) but his brothers stop him from watching it. Finally Eddie convinces them to watch it with him. Evan takes a crack at Chris Rock by saying that he is glad he doesn't make lame Asian jokes. This was in responds to Rock's racist joke from the Oscars.
Did you enjoy this season of FOTB??
The BBC recently aired a controversial documentary called "Last Whites of the East End" which has drawn the ire of those who say it is KKK-style propaganda and praise of others. (Conversation on Twitter can be tracked through the hashtag #LastWhitesoftheEastEnd)
The documentary claims that:
- 73% of of Newham, London is made up of ethnic minorities
- Newham has the lowest percentage of white people in all of London
- 70,000 immigrants have moved into Newham over the last 15 years
- With 147 different languages spoken, Newham is the most "multicultural" spot in the UK
- All of the above reasons are why white people are leaving Newham and Cockney culture is dying out
A spokesperson for the BBC said in response: "The documentary Last Whites of the East End sets out to explore the impact of rapid change on long standing communities in the East End of London and to discover why some people are choosing to leave the area.
The film features a wide range of people voicing their personal opinions and shows many different facets of life in Newham, exploring both positive and negative views across a variety of issues."
Alice Through The Looking Glass was expected to pull in monumental numbers as a holiday weekend blockbuster, the family film’s ticket sales fell far short on the heels of allegations that the film’s star, Johnny Depp, had been abusive towards his wife, Amber Heard.
Alice 2 came in second to X-Men: Apocalypse. Pulling in $9.7 million from 3,763 locations on Friday for a $40 million – $41 million debut – 65% down from 2010’s Alice in Wonderland release, which brought in $116 million.
Critics are pointing to Johnny Depp's domestic violence against Amber Heard to be affecting the movie's dismal opening stats.
Johnny Depp's Ex-Wife -- He Isn't a Woman Beater https://t.co/q0F0cA6Ocs— TMZ (@TMZ) May 28, 2016
• Lori Anne Allison, Johnny Depp's first wife, says she doesn't believe Amber Heard's claims of abuse.
• She says Johnny never abused her throughout their marriage (1983-1985).
• They are still friends. She last spoke to him a week ago to console him over his mother's death.
fyi, the woman in the tweet pic is Vanessa Paradis, not Lori Anne Allison. Vanessa never married Johnny.
Dominator of charts and endorsements deals Justin Bieber took to Instagram to share a provocative shot in his Calvins on Instagram. The Grammy award winning pop star enjoyed some beach time before unleashing the Bieberconda on the world once more, also posting photos of a crackling fire and some wetsuit fun.
On an adventure— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) May 28, 2016
Sources: @MTVUK. @BustinJieber, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Actor Burt Kwouk passed away on May 24th of natural causes. He is famous for his role as Cato in the 'Pink Panther' series but he also appeared in three James Bond movies, Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice and the spy comedy Casino Royale as well as the Doctor Who 1982 serial Four to Domesday.
10. Porsha Williams (Atlanta)
8. Aviva Drescher (New York)
6. Ramona (New York)
4. Nene Leakes (Atlanta)
Do you agree with the list? Who are your least favorite Real Housewives?
- Jimmy says it's his favourite movie released this year.
- Andy is charming.
- The film follows Andy's character - Conner4Real - who attempts a solo career after leaving a boyband.
- Recorded 28 songs for the movie (but there's less than that in the movie)
- Loads of cameos
- Jimmy describes a scene from the movie from 2:32 onwards (nsfw?)
- Title is pretty self-explanatory
More songs from the movie:
I'm So Humble (a jam tbh)
I'm A Weirdo
1 2 3 4 5 6
The latest #Kimojis surfacing on the internet have nothing to do with Kim or the Kardashian empire. Instead, it appears the reality mogul might be kindly sharing the spotlight with a few of her fellow celebrities by bestowing Beyoncé, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Zayn Malik, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Ariana Grande, and even Taylor Swift with their own custom icons in her app.
I designed some fake emojis for a story in Billboard Magazine and people think they're real Kimojis. I give up. https://t.co/QIaMg9MTfF— Jen Lewis (@thisjenlewis) May 27, 2016
src: 1 | 2 | 3
OMG I won is killing me ngl