Articles on this Page
- 08/15/15--07:02: _#997TripleHoShow: O...
- 08/15/15--07:02: _What's wrong with t...
- 08/15/15--07:03: _Henry Cavill and Ar...
- 08/15/15--07:03: _Gaga Wows AHS Cast
- 08/15/15--07:03: _Meghan Trainor and ...
- 08/15/15--08:00: _Keira Knightley on ...
- 08/15/15--08:00: _Talib Kweli release...
- 08/15/15--08:01: _Jack Ü (Skrillex & ...
- 08/15/15--08:15: _Kerry Washington & ...
- 08/15/15--09:21: _Bradley Cooper & Ir...
- 08/15/15--09:25: _Stephen Colbert cal...
- 08/15/15--10:12: _D23 Live Action (Ma...
- 08/15/15--10:53: _Queen Tatiana Masla...
- 08/15/15--11:17: _#ByeFelicia gets an...
- 08/15/15--18:29: _Joe and Nick Jonas ...
- 08/15/15--19:06: _Stan Lee sued by ex...
- 08/15/15--19:44: _National Postal Mus...
- 08/15/15--19:53: _terrence "baby wipe...
- 08/15/15--20:08: _Donald Trump says w...
- 08/15/15--20:56: _Paul Walker's CGI M...
- 08/15/15--07:02: What's wrong with this The Hunger Games poster?
- 08/15/15--07:03: Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer read the phone book
- 08/15/15--07:03: Gaga Wows AHS Cast
- 08/15/15--07:03: Meghan Trainor and Charlie Puth have the number one song in the UK
- 08/15/15--08:00: Keira Knightley on the cover of Elle's September issue
- 08/15/15--08:00: Talib Kweli releases free album
- 08/15/15--08:01: Jack Ü (Skrillex & Diplo) get serious with PBS's Charlie Rose
- 08/15/15--08:15: Kerry Washington & others promote The Muppets
- 08/15/15--09:21: Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk Continue Their PDA-Filled Trip
- 08/15/15--19:06: Stan Lee sued by ex-assistant
- 08/15/15--19:53: terrence "baby wipes" howard cries in court over sex tape
- 08/15/15--20:56: Paul Walker's CGI Model and Brother, Cody Got Married!
Ho Ho Ho! Is it Christmas time yet?
99.7Now announce their Triple Ho Show, set for Wednesday December 2nd at SAP Center in San Jose. Lineup includes One Direction, Austin Mahone, Fifth Harmony, 5 Seconds of Summer and Nathan Sykes.
Tickets on sale on Saturday 8/29 at 10am at Ticketmaster.com.
VIP Pre-Sale: Thursday, 8/27 – 10AM – 10PM– Password: SANTA
Source | Source
The word "cunt" appears on Jennifer Lawrence's right cheek...
The official twitter page for The Hunger Games tweeted this new poster for THG: Mockingjay part 2 and quickly deleted it after readers pointed out the offensive word.
In Glamour’s first installment of “Hot Guys Doing Mundane Things,” Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill—stars of The Man From U.N.C.L.E.— read you the most riveting of texts: the phonebook. Enjoy.
Who has the sexiest voice to you, ONTD? I love the voice of the guy in my icon tbh
Gaga began filming her part on the new season of American Horror Story this week, if the cast and crew's tweets are anything to go by, she's killing it!
According to the show's creator Ryan Murpy, she had a "pretty spectacular" murder scene to film with Matt Bomer and, after wrapping the scene, Murphy tweeted: "Lady Gaga is everything I dreamed of and more. Lovely, a total pro, and terrifyingly genius in her role."
Bomer also praised Gaga, saying, "Lady Gaga is killing the game on American Horror Story! Genius, sexy, terrifying. Total pro and beautiful soul to boot. So much fun coming your way! Inspired."
Kathy Bathes, who is playing Iris, the Hotel's manager, added: "Let's just say she rocked it. The Countess scared the crap out of Iris."
Earlier this week, during a sit-down with LA Times, Sarah Paulson shared her thoughts. She added, "I think she is really an enormous gift to the show. I think she fits so right in. It's exactly where she belongs. This story that's being told is a perfect marriage."
American Horror Story: Hotel begins airing on October 7th on FX.
Source: Me & Twitter/Youtube
-Meghan Trainor and Charlie Puth's "Marvin Gaye" is the #1 song in the UK
-This is the second time that both Meghan and Charlie have had a #1 hit in the UK
-Meghan's last #1 was "All About That Bass" and Charlie's was "See You Again"
Keira Knightley appears on Elle's 30th Anniversay special in four different covers and discusses turning 30, her 20s, therapy and motherhood.
- She says in terms of her career her 20s were great, but she was very shy and, "It took me a lot of years to try and stop pleasing a lot of people and allow myself to have fun. It's the difficult thing of getting out of your own head."
- She tried therapy in her 20s when she "found everything completely overwhelming," and recommends it.
- Motherhood helped her image of her body: "You go through pregnancy and labor and then feeding the kid and you go, Wow, my body is totally amazing, and I'm never going to not like it again, because it did this, and this is fucking extraordinary."
The other three covers and more at the Source
-Talib's album is free but you must join Kweli Club to download it
-Features artists such as Stlyes P and Patrick Stump
‣ Dilpo admits he's not a musician, but that in this day and age it doesn't matter.
‣ Skrillex and Diplo were outsiders in the dance music world and friends.
‣ Skrillex states that their music is forward thinking and they have no rules.
‣ Justin Bieber surrounded himself with people who were no good for him, but he's in a much better place now. Also claim that Bieber is the most talented person they have been in the studio with.
‣ Jack Ü never set out to make radio records, they make music for fans.
‣ Recorded with Arcade Fire during their recent Canadian tour (which may or may not turn into a track in the future).
‣ Diplo compliments Skrillex calling him a "rockstar" with superior mixing skills. Skrillex says he works better creatively the more ppl he is performing for.
‣ Breaking into the music biz is a lot easier now that youtube, soundcloud, & social media exist.
‣ Skrillex doesn't do drugs, goes onto further explain that with any large musical movement there has always been drugs (Disco & Cocaine, LSD/Marijuana & 60's rock, etc). Says MDMA/Ecstacy has always been around since raves began...as EDM got bigger, the drug culture came with it, but their shows are much more than that.
‣ Diplo says that they are both humble and thankful that people listen to their music and will continue as long as there is a fan base.
‣ They consider Giorgio Moroder the grandfather of electronic music with his 70's Donna Summer hits.
‣ They discuss other artists that battle with streaming services or distribution services and how they are wasting their time fighting. Jack Ü embraces new media platforms, says that fans aren't going to go buy your CD b/c you pull your music off a streaming service. The more you fight it, the more the audience will find a better, cheaper way to get your music.
‣ Skrillex claims that major labels have now made some full length songs into shorter clips on Spotify which severely limits the audience some artists can reach. Which sucks for the artist because they should have control over how their music is consumed.
Full interview embedded or @ the SOURCE.
I thought it was a pretty insightful interview on the rise of Jack Ü and the current state of EDM. Bonus Jack Ü Performance below:
Stephen Colbert recently published an essay for Glamour's September issue titled "Stephen Colbert Shares Why He Thinks Women Should Be in Charge of Everything." Admits it's "not my place to mansplain to you about the manstitutionalized manvantages built into Americman manciety," and makes a promise to celebrate women on his late-night show at the end of the piece.
- Begins by acknowledging the lack of women in late-night television and calls the current circuit a 'sausagefest': "It has been pointed out to me that I, like other late-night TV hosts, am a man. And while I'm happy to have a job, I am surprised that the world of late-night TV lacks a female presence, unlike sitcoms, which are packed with smoking-hot wives who teach their doughy husband a valuable lesson when he slips on a pizza and falls head first into a porta-potty full of beer. Check your local listings."
- Closes it with this: "Point is, I'm here for you, and that means I'm going to do my best to create a Late Show that not only appeals to women but also celebrates their voices. These days TV would have you believe that being a woman means sensually eating yogurt, looking for ways to feel confident on heavy days, and hunting for houses. But I'm going to make a show that truly respects women, because I know that there's more than one way to be one...Whoever you are, I promise: I'm going to lean in on this. It really accentuates my muffin top."
Read the essay in its entirety at the source.
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert premieres September 8th.
-Marvel: Captain America: Civil War will be the big focus from this studio with people speculating a debut trailer or snippets of the film. And we might see some more Dr. Strange info including concept art of ONTD's favorite lizard spawn Benedict Cumberbatch. There is also a low chance that Black Panther's director will be revealed too...
-Star Wars: More details of the upcoming film Star Wars VII will be announced revealing more character info, and maybe a clip as well. Extra info about the spinoff movies could be announced especially for Rogue One
-Everything Else: The Jungle Book and ONTD's highly anticipated film Alice Through the Looking Glass will take center stage, most likely some casting news will be announce including which fairytale movie they'll ruin next. Maybe expect some Beauty and the Beast as well.
SOURCE + Text written by me
The event will start at 1:30 PM EST! if there are any other websites liveblogging let me know and I'll add it to the main post.
"I don't think that any woman in this industry hasn't [experienced sexism]. I think we all have in various ways, and sometimes you can't even tell that it's happening because it's so ingrained in the way things are structured."
Maslany says she "can't even name the number of times" she's personally experienced sexism while working.
"Like being told, 'Let's not talk about that, sweetheart,' if I have an issue with being hit on by a 50-year-old when I was 17 and on set. It's never ending. Being put into this little outfit that showed my midriff in a scene where I'm supposed to be grieving the death of a family member, and it's like, 'Make sure that her belly button is showing' — it's just pathetic. It's so pathetic."
Maslany also told that she has been asked to alter her physical appearance, such as shaving her armpits.
"And wax my mustache. Which I refused to do!"(YAS GIRL)
"I'll do it if the part calls for it and it makes sense."
The Orphan Black MVP said she has seen changes in Hollywood, crediting people calling out the bullshit when they experience it.
"I can't imagine that it's going to stay stuck like this. I hope not! People are too upset, people are too pissed off and too many strong voices are now being heard. There is a big shift happening, and I think we are at the messy puberty stages of it right now, but I hope that at some point it becomes the default that every racial group has their own stories that are being told that aren't stereotypical." (Intersectional queen, y/y)
The phrase "Bye Felicia" was first heard in Ice Cube's 1995 cult-classic film Friday and it eventually went on to become a popular Internet meme. Straight Outta Compton, N.W.A.'s biopic, provides a fictionalized version of the moment that phrase was first uttered.
Per NYMag: "A young Dr. Dre is in his room while a party rages in the crew's hotel suite. Suddenly, two armed men start pounding on the door — one of them is looking for his girl, Felicia. Dre slams the door, walks into the next room looking for Felicia, whom he finds fellating Eazy-E. Ice Cube, Dre, and Eazy-E grab some guns, reopen the door to confront the two intruders, and inform them that Felicia was too busy sucking someone else's dick to come to the door. After the two intruders run down the hall, Eazy-E grabs Felicia — who is wearing nothing but a hot-pink thong — and pushes her out into the hotel corridor by the head. As the door slams, Ice Cube deploys the very first 'Bye, Felicia.'"
The author of the article stated that the audience at her screening thought it was hilarious and the scene was "met with major laughs." She called director F. Gary Gray to ask how the scene came to be.
It was Ice Cube's son, O'Shea Jackson Jr's, idea and the scene was shot spontaneously one night. His response: "That just happened to be a fun moment that we capitalized on during the process of shooting. Some people may feel like it’s the origin of 'Bye, Felicia,' but it’s a fun moment, a wink and a nod to the original Friday and a little bit of fun. It's one of the funniest moments in the movie."
She asked Gray how he was able to "reconcile the fun pop-culture reference with a moment of degradation" and he replied: "I wouldn’t try to reconcile it at all. If you're looking to be politically correct in entertainment, especially as it relates to comedy, that's the end of entertainment. If people want us to make entertainment in a certain way, you tell me how we should have shot the scene. That’s just an awful question. You know. It's like, if Oprah says it's a powerful movie, and we know how she feels about how women are depicted in film and entertainment and things like that — I feel like you're digging. We should be focusing on how the police are treating innocent American citizens. What about that? Let's talk about something as important, if not more important, if you really want to go there."
Read the whole article at the source.
credit to mistress_f for bringing this up in another post
ONTD fav Nick Jonas is dropping a new single at the VMAs and took over MTV's Snapchat to get the word out. Nicky, brother Joe, and the VMA Moon Babes were spotted taking over the
Paraphrased from @PEOPLE. @Nick Jonas, 2, 3, 4, 5. @NJUpdates.
Stan Lee and his family are being sued by his former assistant, Shawn Lukaszewicz, for verbal abuse and a wrongful firing.
Though most of the alleged abuse is from Lee's daughter, who ultimately fired him and abandoned him in San Franciso when he complained about having to drive around and air out her car after she had been smoking marijuna even though he wasn't getting paid, there are also some highlights from Stan himself.
When he delivered mail and documents to Stan Lee at his daughter's request, Lee answered the intercom by cursing him and telling him to "get the fuck out and never ring my damn doorbell again," Lukaszewicz says.
While Lukaszewicz drove Stan Lee to an April meeting with boxing champion Manny Pacquiao, "Stan Lee became very abusive towards plaintiff for driving too slow as Mr. Pacquiao was about to depart to Las Vegas for his May 1, 2015 fight with Floyd Meriwether [sic: recte Mayweather]," the complaint states.
When Pacquiao failed to show at the meeting, Lee called Lukaszewicz a "fucking idiot," and added: "You wasted my time. Now everyone at the office thinks you are a fucking asshole," according to the complaint.
The Smithsonian’s National Postal Museum will open “PostSecret: The Power of a Postcard” in August. . Also revealing the one of a kind relationship between mail, digital technology and social media. It will be open through September 2016.
Over 500 artfully decorated postcards mailed anonymously from around the world reveal regret,betrayal, desire, confession, childhood humiliation and other compelling confessions..
“Our hope is that visitors will be inspired to think about other people’s secrets—and their own—as invitations for empathy, understanding and connection,” said Sharon Klotz, exhibition director at the museum.
The exhibition highlights PostSecret, an art project that encourages people to mail homemade postcards with anonymous secrets to founder Frank Warren. Since 2004, Warren has received more than 500,000 postcards, and the PostSecret blog has had more than 700 million visits.
“PostSecret: The Power of a Postcard” will have hundreds of original PostSecret postcards as well as a selection of objects Warren has received .
- feared he would never work again if his ex-wife released sex tape
- said ex threatened to release the tapes after she found out he was cheating on her with multiple women
- was questioned over him abusing her and asked for a recess when asked about his history of abusing women
SOURCE has more
"Sometimes I do go a little bit far," Trump said, adding, after a moment: "Heidi Klum. Sadly, she’s no longer a 10." http://t.co/gwCKbnnQqE— The New York Times (@nytimes) August 15, 2015
-The New York Times' Maureen Dowd interviewed Donald Trump.
-He says women at his companies are paid at least as much as men are.
-Donald Trump thinks that people should be nice to him.
-He rates Heidi Klum, saying that she's not a 10 anymore.
Paul Walker's younger brother and shoddy CGI model in Furious 7, Cody Walker was married today! He married girlfriend Felicia Knox in Gold Beach, Oregon. The Walker Bro Instagram'd wedding photos [which have since been deleted! @PEOPLE] and tweeted:
Paraphrased from @PEOPLE. @CodyWalker.
Congratulations to the happy couple!
ONTD: Was Paul Walker's face CGI'd in Furious 7?