Articles on this Page
- 06/29/15--20:10: _Avril Lavigne liter...
- 06/29/15--20:33: _Carlegend Raenaissa...
- 06/29/15--20:34: _Mike Posner (& a bu...
- 06/29/15--21:01: _Katy Perry VS Nuns
- 06/30/15--15:51: _Miguel Performed "C...
- 06/30/15--16:24: _GQ's Most Stylish M...
- 06/30/15--17:03: _The Cast and Crew o...
- 06/30/15--17:03: _Creed Official Trai...
- 06/30/15--17:04: _Donald Glover cover...
- 06/30/15--17:26: _Karrueche Tran Reve...
- 06/30/15--17:40: _Eminem gets his act...
- 06/30/15--17:41: _Donna Karan Steps Down
- 06/30/15--17:43: _An ONTD original: A...
- 06/30/15--18:00: _Everyone Hates Trum...
- 06/30/15--18:06: _USA ADVANCES TO WOR...
- 06/30/15--18:37: _Pretty Little Liars...
- 06/30/15--19:00: _Disclosure - Holdin...
- 06/30/15--19:13: _ONTD Original: Neop...
- 06/30/15--19:22: _Creepypastas are ge...
- 06/30/15--19:45: _Underated Queen of ...
- 06/29/15--20:33: Carlegend Raenaissance Jepsus' new album debuts at #1 in Japan!
- 06/29/15--20:34: Mike Posner (& a bunch of naked people) - Be As You Are
- 06/29/15--21:01: Katy Perry VS Nuns
- 06/30/15--15:51: Miguel Performed "Coffee" On GMA
- 06/30/15--16:24: GQ's Most Stylish Men: Harry Styles Edition
- 06/30/15--17:03: Creed Official Trailer
- 06/30/15--17:04: Donald Glover covers "Marry You" by Bruno Mars
- 06/30/15--17:26: Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father Is Gay
- 06/30/15--17:40: Eminem gets his action hero on!
- 06/30/15--17:41: Donna Karan Steps Down
- 06/30/15--17:43: An ONTD original: Accurate Fan Magazines
- Trump is suing for breach of contract and also defamation of character (seriously this is the dude that claimed all Mexican immigrants were rapists).
- In response Univision has basically said "Bring it, bitch" and says they look forward to defending themselves in court.
- Cheryl Burke and Thomas Roberts stepped down as co-hosts for the English language broadcast while Roselyn Sánchez and Cristián de la Fuente already stepped down from the Spanish language broadcast a few days ago.
- Since NBC and Univision have pulled the show Miss USA is now planning to stream online via the Miss USA website.
- 06/30/15--18:06: USA ADVANCES TO WORLD CUP FINAL!
- 06/30/15--18:37: Pretty Little Liars 6x06 Preview
- 06/30/15--19:00: Disclosure - Holding On ft. Gregory Porter (Music Video)
- 06/30/15--19:13: ONTD Original: Neopets - Where Are They Now?
- 06/30/15--19:22: Creepypastas are getting their own show on SyFy
- 06/30/15--19:45: Underated Queen of Pop covers Elle Canada Magazine
Avril discusses misdiagnosis and how her fans helped her.
All jokes aside Lyme Disease sounds horrible.
Thank you Japan!!! You made E•MO•TION #1!!!! ❤️🇯🇵 pic.twitter.com/BNqWHhwyEv— Carly Rae Jepsen (@carlyraejepsen) June 29, 2015
If that wasn't already a big achievement for the Canadian Queen of Pop, thanks to a special sale that's currently running on iTunes, her previous album, Kiss, has re-entered the top 10 for albums in Japan! Queen of Japan!!!
As a reminder, her new album, E•MO•TION, will be released on August 21st in North America and September 25th in the UK....what....
Show your support by pre-ordering her album or one of her bundles today!
If you can't wait for the album's release in your country, why not import the Japanese deluxe copy, which includes 3 bonus tracks.
Can we just take a moment and talk about what a cohesive, f@cking awesome album this is? Warm Blood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bad Blood
Source: Carly's Twitter
Oh, Lord! Katy Perry is fighting with nuns over the sale of an L.A. convent... seriously: http://t.co/AyhKjDmWL4— E! Online (@eonline) June 29, 2015
- The nuns claim they own the of the villa-style Retreat House in Los Feliz and want to sell it to restaurateur Dana Hollister for $15.5. However, Archbishop of Los Angeles Jose Gomez also claims legal ownership of the convent and hopes to sell it to Katy Perry for $14.5
- According to the L.A. Times, the 2015 Highest-Paid Female Celebrity in the World visited the convent to make nice with the nuns, but her efforts didn't work.
- The nuns did their research on Perry and were shocked and disgraced by what they found.
- "Well, I found Katy Perry and I found her videos and…if it's all right to say, I wasn't happy with any of it," Sister Rita told the L.A. Times.
Harry Styles: Most Stylish Man Alive
"Yep, we live in an era when The Keith Richards Award for Louche Style goes to a guy in a teen-pop boy band created by Simon Cowell. But we gotta give it up: The kid from 1D who parties with Kate Moss—and dated Kendall and Taylor—picks the same jeans and Chelsea boots off the floor every morning, pushes his hair out of his face, and somehow emerges looking great. These looks are when he was at his most rock-godly."
ontd, who is your most stylish man?
The cast and crew of Ant-Man (Paul Rudd, Michael Pena, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, Peyton Reed, and Kevin Feige) went down to tumblr headquarters to answer questions about tumblr's new favorite movie, Ant-Man! and of course it goes how you expected it to... and then the shitposting began when they discovered the gif button. (since I have no idea how to make a tumblr post embed properly on livejournal I posted the gifs seperately, just go under the assumption that Kevin Feige is answering all the questions with gifs).
Ok all the questions were not that bad but I think I appreciate this cast a whole lot more now after this (the rest of the Q & A is in the source).
IDC, I am HFT.
Go to the SOURCE for the audio
Eminem's new video for Phenomenal will be released exclusively on on Apple music July 3rd and it looks like Em is gonna kick some butt and take names! (or you know look confused and run the fuck away-which ever is best!)
Either way I am excited!
This is defiently different for Em but I am glad he is trying something new. Don't get too excited ontd!
-Moët Hennessey Louis Vuitton says there are no immediate plans to replace her and the line will be indefinitely suspended
-She's leaving to focus on her Urban Zen foundation and will remain as an advisor to Donna Karan International
-Donna Karan International will instead put their focus into DKNY
Stanning is inherently delusional (for some fans more than others) and celebrities play into it for fan loyalty (again some more than others). But what if stans & artists told the truth?
Here's what some fan magazines might look like if they were accurate (click images for larger versions)
Taylor Swift and the Swifties
A Taylor Swift fan mag, Beige Bitch Monthly has up-to-the-minute trends and quizzes for white girls who are proud to be basic. Fans love the instagram tutorials and guides on reaching your #squadgoals.
Katy Perry and the Katy Kats
K. for Katy Kats offers relatable advice to the pre-teen girls that still buy Katy's albums. Each issue has EXCLUSIVE content from Katy on dating douchey guys (you can totally change him!) and the latest trends in cultural appropriation.
Iggy Azalea and the Igguanas (?)
Though it had just a short run, Supremacy, the premier publication for Iggy fans, has taught literally tens of readers how to develop their own faux blaccent. This publication was shortlisted for a Pulitzer in 2014 for its feature on DIY buttpads.
Rihanna and the Navy
A BRAND NEW publication, AARihP was launched to help the Navy carry on after their fave has retired. AARihP is packed with practical advice on dragging celebrities on social media, and contains Rihanna's personal essays on being superior to current popstars despite being completely mediocre.
Britney and the Britney Army
Though it's been struggling for years (it went digital-only after the release of Britney Jean), readers just refuse to let Planet Britney go. Popular recent features include Arm Dancing At Home, and a 6-part guide to lowering expectations at work.
SOURCES: Me, and calinewarkwc69 for editorial help.
-Germany gets a penalty. Sasic misses thank God.
-US gets penalty and Carli Lloyd scores to take the lead. Germans scream #NoEraPenal.
-Carli Lloyd pass to O'Hara for second goal.
-Abby Wambach came in the second half for some light exercise.
-Alex Morgan was dreadful.
-Fucking Sydney came in during OT y'all ain't shit.
-It was a great game.
-Japan/England face off tomorrow to see who will be the second team in the final.
-FUCK YOU LALAS!
PLL returns in 2 weeks
If you haven't tuned in to the virtual pet site Neopets in a while, you probably missed the biggest 'WHOOPS!' known to the site; The chat filters were disabled over the weekend, introducing Neopians to vulgarity the likes of which some users have never seen.
I know what you're thinking - "Neopets is still around?". Indeed, but as a glitchy shell of it's former self. The events of the 27th and 28th of June was a mix of children running wild to a variety of pent up anger over the site's declining run, after changing various hands from one company to another, each less interested than the last.
So sit back, push down the crushing guilt of having not fed your Neopets in seven years, and take a walk down memory lane.
November 15th, 1999 - created by who the users would affectionately call Adam and Donna, Neopets.com is born. And it took to the web like gangbusters, an alternative for college kids who could have no pets in dorms, or simply wanted something to do.
With the buyout by Doug Dohring in Februrary of 2000, the site turned into a business, Neopets, Inc. Physical merchandise hit the shelves - a trading card game, a magazine, and various plushies that, in retrospect, cost way too much at 12.50$ a pop from Limited Too;
I honor a nation currently in anarchy #neopets
But the Golden Age of Neopia came to an end, as all ages must.
On April 27, 2007, Neopia changed for the stranger. The homepage changed from a few simple sidebars and top banners to its present incarnation of side and top bars with sharp edges;
From the Wikipedia page.
And the pets changed. All of them, unless you were one of the lucky few who had a choice, because the change was just too different. Just so they could wear some clothes, thousands of items which had populated the site since creation, having no use to the player outside of Faerie Quests. Some suffered the mildest of effects,
Well, take a stroll to the NC Mall! Where your real cash could buy some fake clothing!
So now your pet can look like this;
In those years, Adam and Donna left the site they had created...but hey, we got a virtual soccer tournament in the form of the Altador Cup. A repetitive game with representatives from all 16 Neopian lands, it started with a bang and eventually descended into a heavily rigged and biased tournament between the scoring algoritm and a secret league of players using unsavory methods.
Viacom also pushed for more 'games within games' on the site.
Petpet park was a continuation of the inane senselessness of the titular beings, pets your Neopets could own.
The Habitarium was like a bug farm, where you basically raised Petpetpets for Neopoints, the currency in the Neopian Economy (Which is an entire other beast of how badly it degraded over the years. Remember Draik Potions being at the very least, more than ten million Neopoints? Well, they're around 350k now.).
Keyquest was a board game, playing with tokens of pets one redeemed from buying more plushies in the real world, or from the NC Mall. It was a pretty good way to make money and fairly entertaing, a rarity in present - day Neopia.
But all of these aspects are pretty much no more, now that Jumpstart owns the site.
The third buyout took place in March of 2014, and many old time users were wary. Are we going to stop staring at this mid '00's get up? Will plots come back? Can we get some more tangible merchandise? Will someone fix this goddamn economy?
In short; No. In fact, Jumpstart let go some iconic members of staff (this link may lead to an empty board, probably having been purged) people who had been with the site from almost the very beginning. Downtime was frequent, lag even more so. User-input pages would go down for months. The Neoboards, once thriving hubs of activity where many a young one learned about the cruelties of the net, had boards left up for days, when a good one would 'asplode' in a matter of hours, topped at 500 posts.
And the Neoboards is where we find ourselves today.
Now, we of ONTD have seen - and frankly, said and done - worse than what's coming up. But fair warning - this is Not Safe For Work. I left the worst ones at the links that follow the images.
June 26th - the board moderators went home, a freshly - installed filter for the Neoboards installed - can't have those pesky kids saying the word 'uncle' now, can we?
Or so they thought.
On the contrary, once word picked up about the fallen filters, people came from all over the web to watch their childhood hangout go up in flames;
People were rightfully angry that young children were subjected to that. Many of the shitposters were old time users, people with years of work behind them willing to throw it all away because the site had because a soulless corporate machine that was constantly in a state of disrepair.
At present, the site had been avalible briefly Monday morning and down for most of Tuesday, June 30th. You still have time to get over there and whisper a small "Goodbye." to your childhood.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | sandstorm
-SyFy is developing a show about scary internet stories called 'Channel Zero'
-It'll be an anthology, focusing on one story per season
-Candle Cove will be the focus of the first season
-If you haven't read it, you can start here
Favorite creepypastas, ONTD? Mine are 1999 and balloons
*Call Me Maybe mega-hit status a a “fairy tale” and a “double-edged sword.”
*History of how the song became a hit in the USA
*Talks about how removed she was from the making of "Kiss" because the label was in charge
*Took a lot more control with Emotion
*Is turning 30 this year
Read the full interview at this link which does not qualify as a source
Who else but the queen of pop can deliver albums as fabulous as Kiss & Emotion, even in the face of label pressure????