Articles on this Page
- 03/21/19--10:00: _ONTD Roundup
- 03/21/19--11:11: _Get your tissues, O...
- 03/21/19--11:11: _Posters for "Dora a...
- 03/21/19--11:13: _Celebrities declare...
- 03/21/19--11:21: _Game of Thrones rev...
- 03/21/19--11:53: _Horror icon Joe Bob...
- 03/21/19--12:00: _Indie Film Release ...
- 03/21/19--12:03: _US Figure Skater Ac...
- 03/21/19--12:32: _Emilia Clarke talks...
- 03/21/19--13:20: _New 'Emma' adaptati...
- 03/21/19--13:52: _Emily Blunt in Talk...
- 03/21/19--15:24: _Normani Covers Rihanna
- 03/21/19--15:40: _Sky Ferreira FINALL...
- 03/21/19--16:11: _Marsai Martin And N...
- 03/21/19--16:11: _Meagan Good comment...
- 03/21/19--16:12: _Kobe Bryant’s Wife ...
- 03/21/19--16:14: _TMZ asks Wade Robso...
- 03/21/19--16:14: _Director Gregg Arak...
- 03/21/19--17:05: _Queer Eye: The Fab ...
- 03/21/19--17:58: _Viggo Morten's dire...
- 03/21/19--18:29: _Amazon's 'Dark Towe...
- 03/21/19--18:29: _Avengers: Endgame “...
- 03/21/19--18:58: _Supernatural 14x17 ...
- 03/21/19--18:58: _Cardi B filed to tr...
- 03/21/19--19:34: _Jordan Peele Round-...
- 03/21/19--10:00: ONTD Roundup
- Cindy Crawford's Everyday Morning Beauty Routine
- Breaking News: Chick-Fil-A Still hates LGBTQ people
- F*ck Helicopter Parents; Snowplow Parents Are The New Overprotective Moms and Dads
- Stranger Things 3 | Official Trailer
- The Real discuss eating and sampling groceries before purchasing them at the checkout
- Tabloid Cover Wednesday
- Yesterday's Roundup
- 03/21/19--11:11: Posters for "Dora and the Lost City of Gold"
- Hugh Grant
- Jennifer Saunders
- David Mitchell
- Annie Lennox
- 03/21/19--11:21: Game of Thrones reveals official season 8 poster
- Joe Bob Briggs (born John Irving Bloom) is an iconic host, writer, influencer, and personality in the horror community. "Joe Bob Briggs" is his stage name. He's well-known in the horror community and has worked in it for several decades. If you ever watched MonsterVision on TNT as a kid, he was the host. His current project is The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs, which is on AMC's Shudder, and was renewed for a second season (which commences soon).
- He wrote a piece in Taki's Magazine that was published today. First talks about Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez speaking at SXSW '19 and how Austinites (he calls Austin a "mini–San Francisco" and an "island of ultraliberalism") found her to be too "conservative."
- He goes into the hate speech problem on Facebook. Says hate speech (or extreme speech) is indeed legal (though it's only protected from government persecution, and if private companies like Facebook want to eliminate it, that's their right, too), and the best way to get rid of hate speech is "to let it flourish."
- Joe thinks the more you expel these groups spewing hate speech on Facebook, the more they'll victimize themselves and become more "emboldened." He adds: "The proper solution for hate speech on Facebook is no solution at all. It’s a platform for everyone. Putting a bunch of second-rate Deputy Dawg monitors on every street corner of that platform is a recipe for punishing the innocent, rewarding the most clever evildoers..."
- 03/21/19--12:00: Indie Film Release Guide: March 22nd [An ONTD Original]
- 03/21/19--12:32: Emilia Clarke talks about her brain surgeries/ aneurysms
- 03/21/19--13:52: Emily Blunt in Talks to Join Annapurna Drama 'Not Fade Away'
- 03/21/19--15:24: Normani Covers Rihanna
- 03/21/19--15:40: Sky Ferreira FINALLY announces her album!!!!! a single
- 03/21/19--16:11: Marsai Martin And Nico Parker For Teen Vogue
- 03/21/19--16:11: Meagan Good comments on Khole Kardashian leash photo
- 03/21/19--16:12: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Wants to Try for a Boy
- 03/21/19--16:14: TMZ asks Wade Robson about boycotting Michael Jackson's music
- 03/21/19--16:14: Director Gregg Araki Talks About Gay Baiting on Riverdale
- 03/21/19--17:05: Queer Eye: The Fab Five’s Thirst Traps Reviewed by Tan France
- The film is called The Falling and is about an elderly man who moves in with his gay son, his partner and their daughter, and has trouble accepting that his son is gay
- Mortensen is playing the son
- Terry Chen is playing Mortensen's character's partner, Laura Linney is playing his sister, Hannah Gross (who is 26) will be playing his mother (in flashbacks) and Lance Henriksen is playing the father
- The movie is set in Southern California but is currently shooting in Toronto
- 03/21/19--18:29: Amazon's 'Dark Tower' Adaptation Casts Lead Roles
- 03/21/19--18:29: Avengers: Endgame “Honor” TV Spot + Empire Magazine Covers
- 03/21/19--18:58: Supernatural 14x17 promo
- 03/21/19--18:58: Cardi B filed to trademark famous catchphrase, "okurr"
For Thursday, Smarch 20, 2019:
- The Queer Eye guys were promoting Season 3 on GMA but they were in for a suprise!
- Mama Tammye, the most precious and beautiful spirit in this world came up and surprised them.
- She obvs made everyone cry.
Bless that woman.
Paramount has released posters for their upcoming live-action Dora the Explorer movie while also revealing the title.
Annie Lennox, Hugh Grant and David Mitchell have all stepped in to raise support https://t.co/6sNUGsHZqT— Evening Standard (@standardnews) March 21, 2019
After Theresa May's deal was defeated AGAIN earlier this week, it was made clear that the UK is in no way ready to leave the EU, leaving the PM to go begging Donald Tusk for an extension to Brexit. Taking back control has never felt so good!!!!!
A petition to revoke Article 50, the clause that triggered the withdrawal process of leaving the EU, went viral. Celebrities who supported it include:
How are you all coping with Brexit, UK / EU ONTD members?
Game of Thrones reveals official season 8 poster https://t.co/tmS2Q6B6LF— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) March 21, 2019
Fave poster? I'm partial to season 2.
This week’s biggest release is Jordan Peele’s Us, and the other big studios are not putting up any new competition. The Sarah Michelle Gellar starring teen classic Cruel Intentions is getting a 20th anniversary theatrical re-release, giving folks like me whose moms decided it wasn’t “appropriate” to see as a teen a chance to see it on the big screen. In other indie news, Gloria Bell is expanding, so check your local theater to see if Julianne Moore is waiting for you.
The films listed are from studios other than the “Big Six” - Paramount, Warner Brothers, 20th Century Fox, Universal, Columbia and Disney. Note that some of the movies listed are in their first week or two of limited release in the USA, so it may take them a few more weeks (or months) to show up in your local arthouse theater or on VOD. Check out the posts from the past few weeks for more movies that may have just opened near you: March 15th, March 8th, and March 1st. And please add your letterboxd in the comments if you’d like!
Stars: Dev Patel, Nazanin Boniadi, Armie Hammer, Tilda Cobham-Hervey
Writer: John Collee, Anthony Maras
Director: Anthony Maras
Genre: Drama, History, Thriller
Plot: The true story of the Taj Hotel terrorist attack in Mumbai. Hotel staff risk their lives to keep everyone safe as people make unthinkable sacrifices to protect themselves and their families.
What you should know: A portion of the film’s dialogue was taken verbatim from recording of intercepted cell phone calls during the 2008 attack.
Opens in: Select cities
Stars: Tom Vaughan-Lawlor, Barry Ward, Martin McCann, Aaron Monaghan
Writer/Director: Stephen Burke
Genre: Adventure, Crime, Drama
Plot: Inspired by the true events of the infamous 1983 prison breakout of 38 IRA prisoners from HMP, which was to become the biggest prison escape in Europe since World War II.
What you should know: The prison scenes were filmed in the recently closed old Cork Prison.
Opens in: Select cities
Stars: Tsuyoshi Ihara, Takumi Saitoh, Seiko Matsuda, Jeanette Aw
Writer: Fong Cheng Tan, Kim Hoh Wong
Director: Eric Khoo
Plot: A young man who is curious about his deceased parents' past takes a food journey to Singapore where he uncovers more than just delicious meals.
What you should know: It’s in Japanese, English & Mandarin.
Opens in: Select cities
Out of Blue
Stars: Mamie Gummer, Patricia Clarkson, James Caan, Aaron Tveit
Writer/Director: Carol Morley
Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery
Plot: When Detective Mike Hoolihan is called to investigate the shooting of leading astrophysicist and black hole expert, Jennifer Rockwell, she is affected in ways she struggles to comprehend.
What you should know: Based on the novel by Martin Amis.
Opens in: Select cities
Stars: Joshua Burge, David Dastmalachian, Andre Hyland, Mahfuz Rahman
Writer/Director: Joel Potrykus
Genre: Comedy, Fantasy
Plot: With the impending Y2K apocalypse fast approaching, Abbie is faced with the ultimate challenge - the unbeatable level 256 on Pac-Man - and he can't get off the couch until he conquers it. A survival story set in a living room.
What you should know: Singer Adina Howard (“Freak Like Me”) makes her feature debut in this film.
Opens in: Michigan, expanding over the next few weeks
Stars: Juli Jakab, Vlad Ivanov, Susanne Wuest, Levente Molnár
Writer: László Nemes, Clara Royer
Director: László Nemes
Plot: A young girl grows up to become a strong and fearless woman in Budapest before World War I.
What you should know: This was Hungary’s submission for the foreign film category at this year’s Oscars.
Opens in: Select cities
The Russian Five
Director: Joshua Riehl
Genre: Documentary, Sport
Storyline: In the late 1980s, the Detroit Red Wings worked to finally break their decades long Stanley Cup drought by extracting players from the Soviet Union, and in the process, changed the way North American hockey is played.
Opens in: Select cities
Director: Heddy Honigmann
Storyline: Explores the close bond between animal and human in this moving portrait of guide dogs and their owners.
What you should know: It’s in Dutch.
Opens in: Select cities
Stars: Tony Jaa, Celina Jade, Iko Uwais, Michael Jai White
Writer: Joey O’Bryan, Fangjin Song
Director: Jesse V. Johnson
Genre: Action, Thriller
Plot: A hit contract is taken out on a billionaire’s daughter intent on bringing down a major crime syndicate. A down and out team of mercenaries must take on a group of professional assassins and stop them before they kill their target.
Opens in: Select cities
Stars: John Travolta, Michael Madsen, Shania Twain, Rosabell Laurenti Sellers
Writer: Gary Gerani, Craig R. Welch
Director: Karzan Kader
Genre: Action, Drama, Sport
Plot: Veteran race car driver Sam Munroe and his son, a fellow driver from a small town overcome family and professional conflicts, balancing competition, ego, resentment and a racing nemesis to come out stronger on the other side.
What you should know: Yes, that’s definitely John Travolta’s real hair and hairline and idk why you would suggest otherwise.
Opens in: Select cities and available VOD
Also opening: Dragged Across Concrete (Trailer), One Great Love (Trailer), Kesari (Trailer)
What have you been watching, ONTD? Planning to see anything soon?
South Korean skating officials have alleged that U.S. figure skater Mariah Bell, 22, intentionally slashed their skater, 16-year-old Lim Eun-Soo, with her skate blade during practice at the World Championships in Japan on Wednesday.
Eun-Soo suffered a cut to her left calf but was bandaged and went on to compete.
A South Korean skating representative said: “Lim was slowly skating on the edge of the rink after completing her turn. Mariah Bell, who was scheduled to rehearse after Lim, suddenly kicked and stabbed Lim’s calf with her skate blades.”
“Mariah Bell didn’t apologize to Lim Eun-soo after the incident and instead continued to rehearse for her routine. We believe this is not a minor situation that can happen in an official rehearsal.”
Bell and Eun-Soo train together in Los Angeles under coach Rafael Arutyunyan, and Korean officials claim that Bell has been bullying Eun-Soo for months, even targeting her in a verbal tirade just before the World Championships.
The International Skating Union said that the incident has been “verbally reported to the ISU by the Korean Team Leader, however no formal complaint has been received. Based on the evidence at hand at this point in time, which includes a video, there is no evidence that Ms. Bell intended any harm to Ms. Lim. The ISU met with delegates from both USA and Korea and urged both parties to find an amicable solution."
Emilia talks about the first aneurysm shortly before filming the second season. She had no idea what was going on with Dany in season 2. Her second aneurysm/ surgery was between seasons 2 and 3.
In 2011, just as "Game of Thrones" was about to become a worldwide phenomenon, Emilia Clarke faced the first of two life-threatening brain aneurysms. Clarke tells her story for the first time: https://t.co/WeyFgn9CuLpic.twitter.com/C8eoFtfIx6— The New Yorker (@NewYorker) March 21, 2019
A quote from the article:
I emerged from the operation with a drain coming out of my head. Bits of my skull had been replaced by titanium. These days, you can’t see the scar that curves from my scalp to my ear, but I didn’t know at first that it wouldn’t be visible. And there was, above all, the constant worry about cognitive or sensory losses. Would it be concentration? Memory? Peripheral vision? Now I tell people that what it robbed me of is good taste in men. But, of course, none of this seemed remotely funny at the time.
Because the GOOP version wasn't enough and you can't really beat 'Clueless', there's a new adaptation of Jane Austen's 'Emma' set for production, and stars:
-- Anya Taylor-Joy as Emma
-- Johnny Flynn (George Knightley)
-- Bill Nighy (Mr. Woodhouse)
-- Miranda Hart (Miss Bates)
-- Mia Goth (Harriet Smith)
-- Josh O’Connor (Mr. Elton)
-- Callum Turner (Frank Churchill)
-- Rupert Graves (Mr. Weston)
-- Gemma Whelan (Mrs. Weston)
-- Amber Anderson (Jane Fairfax)
-- Tanya Reynolds (Mrs. Elton)
Filming is taking place naturally in England, is directed by Autumn de Wilde, and written by Man Booker Prize winner Eleanor Catton.
The project, produced by David O. Russell and John Krasinski, is based on a memoir about a courageous young woman slowly losing her sight and hearing.
-Normani is covering Rihanna as the opening act on the Sweetner Tour
🏹💔🥀03/27/19🥀💔🏹— Sky Ferreira (@skyferreira) March 21, 2019
DOWNHILL LULLABY pic.twitter.com/gHr9ikW5mJ
This post has been updated thanks to anderbobo and yeezus_christ asking the real questions.
-Downhill Lullaby will be out on March 27th
-She has not released an album since 2013; there have been a ton of delays and a Twin Peaks cameo since then
This added source confirms that it's a single and not an album. I've flopped and I apologize!
Source / Source 2
ONTD, how has your life changed since 2013?
PS - Shoutout to whoever kept posting about her back in 2010 on here, that's how I got into her music!
Not by coincidence, #NicoParker + @marsaimartin's upcoming films focus on young girls and the influence they have when allowed to wield their power to save lives, repair reputations, and challenge the way adults run the world. Life imitating art? 🌟 https://t.co/ZXzopFmbTwpic.twitter.com/hvkcWCzooG— Teen Vogue (@TeenVogue) March 21, 2019
“For young people, it's often said that we're always on our phones, and we're not aware of our surroundings, and we're not aware of what's going on in the world. It's the complete opposite.” #NicoParker🌟 https://t.co/ZXzopFmbTwpic.twitter.com/LQK4deOhp5— Teen Vogue (@TeenVogue) March 21, 2019
source, 2, 3
- This picture of khole kardasian of walking woman on leashes made the rounds after the jordin woods cheating scandal.
- Meaghan good on the far right blamed the incident 15 years ago on her youth.
-khole has not commented.
Kobe Bryant is expecting his fourth girl with wife Vanessa
Kobe revealed to EXTRA:
“I think she wants a boy more than I do. I love having girls — I’m super, super excited about that. She is as well. She wanted a boy so he can be mama’s boy forever — that sort of thing. We'll see if I can deliver, I don’t know.”
He also revealed that his older girls Bianka Bella, 2, Gianna Maria-Onore, 12, and Natalia Diamante, 16, are “super excited” about the new baby’s arrival.
Do you want a boy or a girl, ONTD?
· TMZ caught up with Wade Robson at an airport and asked for his opinion on the campaign to mute Michael Jackson. Wade says, "that's not really my concern, I mean, that's everybody's individual journey, you know? If I have any hope it's just that we question, in general, who it is that we're worshiping and why so it's beyond Michael." He says he doesn't listen to Michael's music because of his personal experiences.
· Days ago, Michael Jackson's estate released a statement which said the allegations haven't impacted Michael's public image, and that his streaming numbers haven't decreased.
· He also says sexual assault survivors have reached out to him to share their stories, and has nothing to say to people who doubt his claims. When asked what he thinks about people (including Aaron Carter) coming to Michael's defense, he says, "not much" and that he has no say in what people believe. He talks briefly about his lawsuit against the estate and says the statutes are unfair to survivors.
Vulture spoke with Gregg Araki about his new show, Now Apocalypse, and they briefly went into the episode of Riverdale he directed (aka the one where Archie becomes a wrestler). The above excerpt are his thoughts about the way main character Archie Andrews is objectified to tantalize without it really going anywhere.
Some more excerpts about his thoughts on the matter.
-On the fact that there were too many t-shirts under those wrestling singlets: "Network note. Archie was not. And, I mean, hello, he’s the lead of the show. He was the most...heh. Archie wasn’t wearing a T-shirt. Roberto wanted like a mix. But there was a lot of singlets and a lot of skin. It was like the gayest thing I’ve ever seen, and I’ve done a lot of gay movies. I was like, 'Whoa, this is pretty gay.'"
-On the character of Beau being a hot het white guy that one can fantasize about but not actually get with: "Yeah, but I think that’s actually written into [Now Apocalypse] in a way. It’s almost like a comment on it. You won’t see that on Riverdale. I’m not gonna comment on [Archie’s] objectification in the way he’s fetishized."
-On Riverdale being a network show: "It’s a mainstream show. It has a different demographic. I love Roberto, Riverdale’s great, I do think it has a huge gay audience, and good for them. And I think that it’s a young audience that maybe is just one toe out of the closet. That’s fucking great for them, but that’s not what our show is. We have queer characters; they have queer sex. They can take their clothes off."
In this digital short by Netflix, Tan France rates his co-star’s (Antoni Porowski, Bobby Berk, Jonathan Van Ness, and Karamo Brown) thirst traps on Instagram. If you’re still parched, no worries, the Thirst Trap Unit is on the case. Check out OP’s previous originals on thirst traps here and aquí.
Antoni Porowski plays a gamelet where he chooses amongst his “Queer Eye” castmates and says from which of the guys he’d want to receive a dick pic and who he’d want to give him a makeover. More clips below.
ONTD, do you lay thirst traps on social media?
Sources:1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Sam Strike has been cast as Roland and Jasper Paakkonen as the Man in Black. The show is an adaptation of Stephen King's Dark Tower book series.
Today we have a chance to take it all back. Whatever it takes. Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame is in theaters April 26.
Sam and Dean race to help a friend in need. Meanwhile, Mary is concerned for Jack’s wellbeing, and Castiel enlists help from Jo/Anael (guest star Danneel Ackles) to track down a miracle.
- On March 11th, Cardi B filed with the United States Patent and Trademark office to trademark the catchphrase "okurr" under her company Washpoppin, Inc.
- Wishes to use phrase to market "paper goods" like cups and posters
what catchphrase would you like to own? Who really owns okurr?
...and then did the customary "Late Night" talk show appearances that you can check out below the cut.
And here's a bonus reminder on movie theatre etiquette for everyone seeing the movie tonight/this weekend...
Have fun, ONTD - you're going to love