Articles on this Page
- 12/13/14--11:38: _CIA torture report ...
- 12/13/14--12:31: _X Factor Contestant...
- 12/13/14--12:32: _Legend of Korra Ser...
- 12/13/14--12:32: _Finally! JLo's Danc...
- 12/13/14--12:32: _Celebrity Picture Post
- 12/13/14--12:33: _Here's Kendall™ and...
- 12/13/14--13:55: _Elusively feministi...
- 12/13/14--15:02: _Effa Manley biopic ...
- 12/13/14--15:20: _um, that's a cute kid.
- 12/13/14--23:30: _Rihanna Performs At...
- 12/14/14--03:04: _Lindsay Lohan: "I n...
- 12/14/14--03:04: _X Factor Had Some P...
- 12/14/14--03:05: _madonna just found ...
- 12/14/14--03:06: _Marilyn Manson expl...
- 12/14/14--06:39: _🔥🔥🔥 NEW D'ANGELO!!...
- 12/14/14--06:40: _#PottermoreChristma...
- 12/14/14--07:05: _Bette Midler called...
- 12/14/14--07:12: _bill cosby: "black ...
- 12/14/14--07:45: _'Thelma and Louise'...
- 12/14/14--08:46: _Man underwent plast...
- 12/13/14--11:38: CIA torture report casts new pall over Zero Dark Thirty
- 12/13/14--12:32: Legend of Korra Series Finale Preview + Episode Descriptions
- 12/13/14--12:32: Celebrity Picture Post
- 12/13/14--12:33: Here's Kendall™ and Kylie on the cover of "Splash" Magazine
- 12/13/14--15:02: Effa Manley biopic on the way!!
- 12/13/14--15:20: um, that's a cute kid.
- 12/13/14--23:30: Rihanna Performs At The Diamond Ball
- 12/14/14--03:04: X Factor Had Some People Over For The Finale
- Earlier on Marilyn Manson's camp denied Manson's involvement in this video: “Manson did not direct this, shoot it, not was it for a Marilyn Manson video or out-take footage made by him or to be used by him with his music... It must be a fan video splicing up old Manson video footage with someone else’s Lana Del Rey footage.”
- Now, Marilyn Manson is saying that he didn’t deny his involvement in it.“I just simply said it was not meant to be a Marilyn Manson video,” Manson told NME.
- “The editor of the company that put it out was somebody who's edited my videos, that video was something that was done with a camera that Eli, who's my friend, and I both wanted to test out, so I let him test it out.What they filmed was put in context seemingly as if it were a Marilyn Manson video, and that was in no way the intention.”
- Manson and Eli did intend on making a video with Lana Del Rey but "she was being such a problem". "Although I still respect her, I'm friends with her. I just left, I was tired, I was not willing to make that part of the video. Eli and I originally had intentions of making a video with her, but that is not the intention that is represented in that film clip because that is not what I filmed, not for my video."
- But the people put it together with my other clips. And it really strongly stands out of place, it doesn't really make sense. I would not make a video of that nature, nor would Eli.(lol yea right)I don't think either of us were ever intending for that to be seen, it was more of a camera test.(ok) I'm a person that would beat somebody's ass if they raped somebody that I know. (g2k)"
- 12/14/14--06:39: 🔥🔥🔥 NEW D'ANGELO!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 12/14/14--06:40: #PottermoreChristmas day 3!!! (aka party post tbh!)
- 12/14/14--07:12: bill cosby: "black media should stay neutral."
- praises his wife camille through out the interview as she has "love and the strength of womanhood"
- "I only expect the black media to uphold the standards of excellence in journalism, and when you do that, you have to go in with a neutral mind."
- 12/14/14--08:46: Man underwent plastic surgery to look like Ricky Martin
So... y'all remember when this overrated trash came out and all the white feminists on here got mad if you didn't kiss Bigelow's ass and crown her the New Saviour of Female Directors in Hollywood or some shit. Well they better flex their fingers and polish their keyboards cos some major receipts are about to go down.
As we may all remember, Bigelow and the screenwriter Mark Boal were actually working with the CIA during the development of the script. The CIA had a very big influence over the narrative of the film, and although Boal was allowed to keep some parts of the script in, 90% of the time he was pretty much the CIA's bitch and did whatever they were comfortable with. You can read more in depth about this here.
Well this pretty much sucks for Boal and the CIA since the recent torture report has revealed that the CIA LIED!!!!!! (shocker) about most of what went on during the hunt for Bin Laden, which obviously affected the plot of the film and how it depicted certain events.
The Senate Intelligence Committee report claims that, contrary to what the CIA and the film states, much of the most important information (ie about a Bin Laden courier named al-Kuwait) was obtained PRIOR to subjecting any detainees to 'enhanced interrogation techniques'.
It is true that most of the time, the audience is left to decide whether the torture was effective or not - but this very murkiness is what is so problematic about the film, as the report seems to be very clear about when the torture worked and when it didn't. Maya is shown as studying swollen, bloody faces of detainees who are implied to have been tortured in order to obtain information; eventually one of these detainees gives in and decides to talk, saying that he “has no desire to be tortured again.”
The Senate report however calls bullshit on this because the information that actually proved vital was obtained from an al Qaeda operative called Hassan Ghul, who reportedly sang like a canary and spilled his guts straight away. He even gave rough estimates as to where Bin Laden was living. When the CIA did use torture on him, he immediately shut down and began hallucinating and gave no more reliable info. This, according to the report, was not what the film showed.
For more information on this mess, please visit TIME magazine,the Business Insider, and TheHill.com.
I mean, what can you expect from a film that depicted Pakistan citizens speaking Arabic as opposed to Urdu or English, after all. Remember gals, if you want to make it like Bigelow did, work with corrupt institutions and piss off entire nations by depicting them in an ignorant/racist manner, and you'll be set on your way <3
Remember Bea Miller from X factor?
Starts at 1:52 min
- more open around kids who are less judgmental than adults
- funny, cracks a lot of jokes off camera
- buys her kids 2 halloween costumes so they can have options
New Rocker Femme Fantasy Poster
it's a new fragrance out this season?
New gift sets for this holiday season
x factor source
whats your fav fragrance, ontd? stuff that actually smells good and is worth buying
Also officially on Nick.com
Episode 12: Day of the Colossus
Team Avatar clashes with Kuvira on the streets of Republic City; Pema and Prince Wu help evacuate innocent citizens.
Episode 13: The Last Stand
When Korra comes face to face with Kuvira, the fate of the Earth Kingdom and the Avatar's life are at stake.
-Although it was shot back in 2012, there was little talk of the project ever since while the original plans called for a theatrical release, simmilar to Katy's Part of Me 3D.
-But according to a new press release the tour special will now air on HBO on New Year's Eve while it will also simultaneously air on HBO Latino and receive a 24-hour round-the-clock marathon on HBO Zone starting at 10:30 p.m. on New Year’s Eve and continuing through New Year’s Day.
-The special will go behind the scenes of Jennifer's first major world tour which visited 65 cities and five continents, travelling 100,000 miles and reaching one million fans, producing 11,250 minutes of music, and requiring 500,000 sequins and 162 wardrobe changes.
-The documentary will feature candid and intimate interviews with JLo herself, her closest friends as well as showing the tour performances.
-JLo had this to say about the project: “I wanted to tell a story, to open myself up to people. The experience was more fulfilling than I could have ever imagined. This documentary brings back so many incredible memories and I am so excited to relive the tour, and once again, share these experiences with my fans.”
Emmy Rossum in LA
Karolina Kurkova in NYC
Reese Witherspoon in Beverly Hills
Ed Westwick in NYC
Paris Hilton at LAX
Bar Refaeli in Beverly Hills
Busy Phillips in Beverly Hills
Khloe Kardashian in Burbanks
Karlie Kloss in NYC
Gwen Stefani in LA
Lena Dunham in NYC
Jessica Alba in LA
Nikki Reed at The Grove
Rebel Wilson in NYC
Alyson Hannigan in Hawaii
Nicole Scherzinger and her cats costar Cassie Clare in London
Alessandra Ambrosio in LA
Kat Graham at The Grove
Charli XCX at The Elvis Duran Z100 Morning Show in New York
Zac Efron in LA
Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson
-kendall is a neat freak
-kylie doesn't like when kendall judges her about clothes or her hair
short snippet of the rest of the interview is under the cut too
Splash: Can you each name your sister’s pet peeves?
Kendall: She has so many.
Kylie: Really? I can’t think of any.
Kendall: No, you have SO many. Like if I tell her I don’t like something she’s wearing or her hair color or whatever, she’s like [mimicking voice], “I don’t care.”
Kylie: Well when you’re a Negative Nancy, that’s a big pet peeve.
Kendall: I’m not negative, I’m your sister.
Kylie: I don’t want an opinion from anybody, just myself.
S: Kylie, what’s Kendall’s?
Kylie: Probably that [she] hates messiness.
Kendall: I need everything clean. My house is clean and I’m still cleaning.
S: What songs are on each other’s playlists?
Kendall: What were we just listening to? You were playing Drake but that’s on everybody’s playlist.
Kylie: Spooky Black.
S: What’s on Kendall’s?
Kylie: Coachella stuff.
Kendall: That’s not true! I have, like, everything.
S: How would you describe your sister’s style?
Kendall: [Kylie is] cool, edgy, stylish, different.
Kylie: [Kendall is] model-y, sophisticated, simple.
that's not even a good pic of kendall and she still looks 1000x better than poor kylie WTF is happening to her face
Queen of dream pop Leighton Meester dropped by Dirty Pop Live! With Lance Bass to promote her debut LP Heartstrings (which Idolator and Vice deem as one of the best of 2014!). Chatting to a fan of Gossip Girl, the show that gave her her big break, Meester reflected that though she's appreciative of what it did for her, she didn't want to do the same thing forever. Additionally, she revealed she's in the camp of those who thinks the identity of Gossip Girl was an afterthought in the writer's room. Finally, the usually diplomatic Meester also addressed dating rumors between her co-stars (the show is not real life) and had some disheartening commentary for furniture shippers, "I hope that young women aren't looking at this [Chuck and Blair] and thinking 'I should model my relationships after this' because there was some domestic violence in there."
Listen to the interview (Gossip Girl talk = the last five minutes of the clip) and lovely live performances of Heartstrings and Run Away
Penny Marshall Back To Baseball With Biopic Of First Female Hall Of Famer http://t.co/nz0fX6M35v— Deadline Hollywood (@Deadline) 11 Décembre 2014
-an Effa Manley biopic will be directed by Penny Marshall (A League of Their Own, Big)
-Effa Manley (1897-1981) is the first woman inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
-She was referenced in A League of Their Own as the African-American woman who beautifully throws back a stray ball
-Filming will start next year
I'm so excited!! I've always wanted a movie about Effa Manley, my prayers have been answered. I wonder who will be cast!
What's your favourite sport movie/biopic ONTD? rec away!
Seriously though, we can't handle how cute Prince George is: http://t.co/hla5dByK6F— Us Weekly (@usweekly) December 13, 2014
source + this
omw what a precious bb
dedicated to goldengal1193 enjoy the
It honestly doesn't get any better than this! @rihanna #rihanna #diamondball
THANK YOU to all the beautiful people that came out to the first EVER #DiamondBall ! You all made it such a success and helped me raise a lot of funds that will save and change the lives of so many! We at the #ClaraLionelFoundation can't wait to spread your love globally to the ones who truly are in need of it!
ps. check the trailer for rih's new movie starring ashton kutcher and mila kunis! :)
src / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6/ 7
Lindsay Lohan sat down with the Guardian to discuss her run on 'Speed the Plow', living in London, and getting back on track.
A couple of quotes from the interview, which can be read in full here:
On living in London: “In LA I didn’t know what to do apart from go out every night,” she says. “That’s when my friends were free. And I would go out and there would be all these cameras there and that’s when it became difficult.” Lohan has lived in the capital for nine months now, has a lease for another year on her flat in the West End, and is currently planning to make it her permanent home. “I can go for a run here on my own,” she says. “I do every morning, early, and I think how my friends in New York would still be up partying at that time. I needed to grow up and London is a better place for me to do that than anywhere else.”
On 'Speed The Plow': Lohan says she was encouraged to take on the role of Karen in Mamet’s Hollywood satire not only by the playwright himself but also by his friend, Al Pacino. The actor came to see Lohan a couple of nights into her performance and offered her advice throughout the play’s run. “He said I know you are going to love this, it will be such a rush for you. He helped me get a routine; I like to meditate a bit before I go on to stage. He warned me the adrenaline you have after is tricky, it’s late and you want to do something. I have let myself go eat, and then I have gone home.”
Lots more at the
Charisma void Meghan Trainor performed 'All About That Bass' at the Saturday show:
Simon flew her out on a private jet and gave her a thumbs up after the performance. This piece of wet chalk is now poised for a chart onslaught next month.
Ed Sheeran, Ella Henderson, and some hasbeens were there too, but their performances were stale. Some pix:
Judge Mel B didn't show up, but Tulisa got to sit in and gave us a post-op update:
She did not, however, do Mel's Andrea any favors and obnoxiously supported Simon's acts, who both went through as expected.
And for old timer fans, the producers once again paraded the tragic and the ugly in a performance no one wanted. THE WAISSEL RETURNED:
1D performing at the actual finale today, probably sans Louis.
Out takes from steven Klein shoot I've never seen before. Thanks for showing me again and again that stealing selling and buying is alive and well in cyberspace! #fearnoevil
Another unreleased photo from a series I have just discovered! Stolen and sold ti whom?? Wtf? Are my fans doing this? If so Im very confused! Stealing is a crime. #karma
This is a fitting photo i did not release. I do not make money from the release of any of my photos. But other people do! I am asking my true fans and supporters who respect me as an artist and a human to not get involved with the purchasing trading or posting of unreleased images or music. I hope and pray we find the source of the leaks soon. Until then i am grateful for any leads or info and even more grateful for your support and loyalty! Please let me finish my work so i can give you my very best! #respectartandtheorocess
personally a lot of my fave shots of celebs are outtakes, esp of m/britney, but that's just me 🏃
Update from this post: Marilyn Manson DENIES involvement in Lana Del Rey video
Mess all around. SMH @ Lana, Marilyn & Eli. Also sideeyeing Marilyn for working with a production company that calls themselves, Sturmgruppe
Hear D'Angelo's brassy, funky new track "Sugah Daddy," the first off his long-awaited upcoming album 'Black Messiah' http://t.co/jXWSFQx89W— Rolling Stone (@RollingStone) December 14, 2014
Don't ask me about a DL link because idk anything about that
The answer is of course, Professor Horace Slughorn. For today, J.K. Rowling wrote about the history of cauldrons, and why she decided to put Professor Snape in charge of Potions.
and yes, i updated the blog on time. i changed the theme for a more text-friendly one, and decided to put the trivias/stories as rebloggable posts. go here for the new posts: 1 | 2. thank you for your time. also, HP party post!!!!
Retired mermaid Bette Midler was supposed to present the Rising Star award to LegendARI at the Billboard Women in Music event last Friday, but she called in sick last minute because she was afraid of the iconic Christmas songstress. Instead, a rat presented the award to her human sister.
“It was supposed to be a fun/funny/makeup session,” a staffer tells the source. “But Bette got sick at the last minute and couldn’t show. Both of them were on board to do it. They were going to have fun with it and be supportive of each other.”
SOURCE. so bill really wants to do this when he's been putting down the black community for years, huh.
- "I sent him this [script], and he said it’s the best thing he’s ever read," Scott said. "It’s very relevant to what happened in the first one."
- also, there's a video at the article where he talks about Prometheus 2 (flop sequel of a flop mess lbr) and how it will center between Elizabeth and David.
will you watch Prometheus 2, ONTD? i haven't forgiven him for the racist mess that is Exodus, the boring "classic" Blade Runner, and fucking Prometheus.
- Fran Mariano has undergone nearly half a dozen surgeries to look like Martin.
- Operated his nose for the fourth time, had liposuction on my cheeks and lipo-transference in the cheekbones
- Took off the nasolabial folds from face and filled with methacrylate as well as in the forehead