Articles on this Page
- 04/26/17--19:18: _Stefano Gabbana Rea...
- 04/26/17--20:03: _The 100 4x10 Promo
- 04/26/17--20:19: _FX - FARGO 3x03 Pro...
- 04/26/17--20:27: _13 Reasons Why near...
- 04/26/17--21:15: _Demi Lovato Gets a ...
- 04/27/17--14:51: _New Vid Surfaces of...
- 04/27/17--15:13: _Drag Race Season 9 ...
- 04/27/17--15:22: _AMC Networks CEO Jo...
- 04/27/17--15:33: _In preparation for ...
- 04/27/17--15:37: _15 Movies Based On ...
- 04/27/17--16:31: _Riverdale Sneak Pee...
- 04/27/17--16:45: _ONTD Original: Five...
- 04/27/17--17:13: _New documentary cla...
- 04/27/17--18:01: _ONTD Original: 5 Fl...
- 04/27/17--18:11: _Supernatural 12x20 ...
- 04/27/17--18:22: _Grey's Anatomy 13x2...
- 04/27/17--18:30: _Convicted child rap...
- 04/27/17--18:48: _Feminist Frequency ...
- 04/27/17--18:51: _A Look at Gay Chara...
- 04/27/17--19:09: _Scandal 6x13 Promo ...
- 04/26/17--20:03: The 100 4x10 Promo
- 04/26/17--20:27: 13 Reasons Why nearing 2nd season renewal
- 04/26/17--21:15: Demi Lovato Gets a New Tattoo Similar to Bomba's....Tweets About It
- 04/27/17--15:13: Drag Race Season 9 Snatch Game Characters Revealed
- 04/27/17--15:22: AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan Pay Rises to $30.5 Million in 2016
- 04/27/17--15:37: 15 Movies Based On Urban Legends.
- 04/27/17--16:31: Riverdale Sneak Peeks + Viewing Post
- 04/27/17--17:13: New documentary claims Whitney Houston was bisexual
- The new documentary Whitney: Can I Be Me claims that Whitney Houston was bisexual, and that she had a relationship with her best friend and assistant, Robyn Crawford.
- A close, longtime friend of Whitney responds: "I don’t think she was gay, I think she was bisexual... Robyn provided a safe place for her...in that Whitney found safety and solace."
- The new documentary premiered this past Wednesday at the Tribeca Film Festival.
- Robyn appears not to be directly involved with the new documentary. The claims are based on archive interviews from friends and family.
- 04/27/17--18:01: ONTD Original: 5 Flop Albums From Big Name Acts
- 04/27/17--18:11: Supernatural 12x20 promo
- 04/27/17--18:22: Grey's Anatomy 13x22 Promo
- 04/27/17--18:30: Convicted child rapist Roman Polanski will be at #Cannes2017
- Convicted child rapist Roman Polanski's new film Based on a True Story will play at Cannes out of competition (will not be eligible for awards). The film stars Eva Green and Polanski's wife Emmanuelle Seigner
- Ruben Östlund (Force Majeur)'s latest film The Square starring Elisabeth Moss has been added to the main competition
- Santiago Mitre’s La Cordillera and Li Ruijun’s Walking Past the Future have been added to UCR
- Other non competitive films just added: Barbet Schroeder’s new Burma documentary Le Venerable W., Eric Caravaca’s Carre 35, Andre Techin's Nos annees folles and Tony Gatlif’s Djam
- 04/27/17--18:51: A Look at Gay Characters on TV Before and After Ellen
- The article chronicles gay TV characters from the past and present.
- Past characters mentioned include: Bewitched's Uncle Arthur (He "wasn't gay then — but probably would be now"), Melrose Place's Matt (he was the only character on the sexy soap opera "who never seemed to have sex"), Will from Will & Grace (the first hit series to have a gay title character), Ross' ex marrying another woman in Friends, Willow and Tara from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (described as "an open, sympathetically drawn lesbian couple"), and of course Ellen DeGeneres' character in her ABC sitcom (she also played a lesbian in her short-lived CBS sitcom The Ellen Show).
- More recent characters mentioned include: Mitch and Cam from Modern Family, half the cast of Orange is the New Black, Holt on Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and various characters in the upcoming American Gods adaptation.
- 04/27/17--19:09: Scandal 6x13 Promo "The Box"
Dolce & Gabbana designer Stefano Gabbana reacted to a Footwear News story about social media criticism of a new D&G sneaker with the message "I'm thin and gorgeous" emblazoned on the side:
Gloria revisits her stepfather's past to try and find some answers.
The hand and the glove. The bottle and the beer. Go behind the scenes for an inside look at Ray and Nikki’s love story.
Noah, Ewan, and Mary-Elizabeth talks a bit about the relationship between these two characters =)
Enjoying the start of this new season, so far. Especially these new characters =) Thoughts on the ep?
Netflix is nearing a deal to renew 13 Reasons Why for a 2nd season. Writer's room was set a few weeks ago.
Social media queen Demi Lovato recently got a new tattoo on her hand, which BANG BANG posted on Instagram along with the caption, "@ddlovato sometimes the canvas makes the art ;) Thank you for your trust."
Fans have noticed, however, how similar it is to that of her ex-boyfriend, Guilherme Bomba's...
So Demi tweeted about it, insisting that it's all just a coincidence, even though she recently deleted all photos of herself and the MMA fighter from social media.
You can't get a tattoo these days without someone saying you've copied someone or you're "matching" someone. That's not the case folks.— Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) April 26, 2017
Do you get tattoos similar to that of your exes, ONTD?
This old clip just came to light in which other Victorious cast members are complimenting Ariana's singing and VJ interrupts to say: "I think we ALL sing". It quickly became a meme:
ariana: oh he gives it to me everyday— jason (@KNEWBETTERTBH) April 23, 2017
victoria: i think he gives it to us ALL everyday pic.twitter.com/ptEMLDgivI
Ariana: boy, you got me walking side to side— jäck (@kysagb) April 24, 2017
Victoria: i think he got us ALL walking side to side pic.twitter.com/yQTYHTAfiz
Are you envious of your more talented friends, ONTD?
The characters are: Aja as Alyssa Edwards, Alexis Michelle as Liza, Farrah as Gigi Gorgeous (a choice), Nina as Jasmine Masters, Peppermint as Nene Leakes, Sasha as Marlene Dietrich, Shea as Naomi Campbell, Valentina as Miss Colombia... CuCu's character is still unknown
who would your snatch game character be, ONTD?
AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan ( The boss of the company behind 'The Walking Dead') received total compensation worth :
* $30.5 million in 2016.
* $17.7 million in 2015.
* $40.3 million in 2014.
16. Raja as Tyra Banks (Season 3)
10. Katya as Björk (All Stars 2)
6. Bianco Del Rio as Judge Judy (Season 6)
3. Ben DeLaCreme as Maggie Smith (Season 6)
1. Chad Michaels as Cher (Season 4)
Random queen: *Picks an unfunny celeb*
RuPaul: Now, how will you make that funny? You got your work cut out for you, kiddo.
ONTD, what's your favorite Snatch Game performance? I personally love Kennedy Davenport's Little Richard and Ginger Minj's Adele.
15. THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES – THE MOTHMAN OF POINT PLEASANT
About: John Klein is involved in a car accident with his wife, but while he is unharmed, his wife mentions a moth shaped creature appearing. After her death, John begins to investigate the secrets behind this mentioned Mothman. It takes him to a small town of Point Pleasant, West Virginia, where he discovers a connection with the same problem. Here he meets Connie Mills, while he continues to unravel the mystery of what the Mothman really is.
11. CANDYMAN – BLOODY MARY
About: Helen Lyle is a student who decides to write a thesis about local legends and myths. She visits a part of the town, where she learns about the legend of the Candyman, a one-armed man who appears when you say his name five times, in front of a mirror. Of course, Helen doesn't believe all this stuff, but the people of the area are really afraid. When she ignores their warnings and begins her investigation in the places that he is rumored to appear, a series of horrible murders begins. Could the legend be true?
7. THE LEGEND OF BOGGY CREEK – THE FOUKE MONSTER
About: A 1970s documentary-style drama questions the existence of a hairy 7ft tall Sasquatch-type monster that lives in a swap outside of Fouke, Arkansas. According to the locals the monster walks on two feet, has a characteristic smelly odor and kills chicken, cattle, dogs and livestock but so far it hasn't killed any people. The monster supposedly harassed two families in the late 1960s, but since then few have seen the monster yet it can be heard in the swap at night. Actual interviews with area residents tell the tale. Could this be real of a conspiracy of a backwoods community looking for attention?
5. THE AMITYVILLE HORROR – THE DEFEO POLTERGEIST
About: Supposed true story about George and Kathleen Lutz whose dream house turns into a nightmare. James Brolin and Margot Kidder are the unsuspecting new tenants of a house whose previous occupants had been murdered in their sleep. The Lutzes and their children are menaced by the lingering evil in this frightening ghost story.
2. INCIDENT AT LOCH NESS – NESSIE
About: In this clever mockumentary, eccentric German director Werner Herzog heads to Scotland to shoot a film about Loch Ness Monster lore, where he is tailed by another filmmaker who is documenting Herzog's creative process.
source54321 / 54321
what's your favorite ''urban legend''??
Riverdale 1x11 "To Riverdale and Back Again" Season 1 Episode 11 Inside - Betty (Lili Reinhart) is slammed overseeing Homecoming and Reunion weekend, but Alice (Madchen Amick) wants her to help with the Jason Blossom investigation. Alice turns to Archie (KJ Apa) and Veronica (Camila Mendes) for help, but when Betty discovers they are working with her mom, she is not happy. After seeing his father FP (guest star Skeet Ulrich) start to clean up his act, Jughead (Cole Sprouse) wonders if it’s the right time to give him another chance. Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) and Polly (guest star Tiera Skovbye) have both decided to go to Homecoming in Jason’s honor, until a revelation waylays their plans. Meanwhile, Fred (Luke Perry) and Mary (guest star Molly Ringwald) attend the Homecoming dance, leaving Fred to possibly reconsider the divorce. Ashleigh Murray and Marisol Nichols also star. Kevin Sullivan directed the episode written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (#111).
Source 1, 2, 3
Between The Cursed Child and the contiuous retcons JK Rowling alerts us to on Twitter and Pottermore, on top of The Youth not caring about actual social movements until there's magic involved - maybe we're a little tired of Harry Potter.
I get it.
The movies made an impressive amount of money from fans worldwide but were never quite lauded by most book readers as 'faithful', with a variety of omissions from the books that make them downright nonsensical at times.
But they were not completely devoid of merit. With the wizarding world finally put to screen, audiences were treated to some fantastic visuals and scenes, some of which elevated the material.
The First Arrival to Hogwarts in The Sorcerer's Stone
You know the music, you know the visual, and you still get a shiver of anticipation down your spine every time. The school many children dreamed of became semi-tangible reality. You're just as amazed as the young students as you cross the lake and look upon Hogwarts.
You don't realize just how lax security is at a magic school filled with hundreds of students yet. You meet the ghost girl later, and wrangle dangerous beasts in due time. But for now, you're just happy to be here.
[Spoilers for ... the entire Harry Potter series. Like right after the cut.]
Snape Kills Dumbledore in Half Blood Prince
If I could, I'd put the last twenty minutes of Half Blood Prince here. The cinematography really did just get better with the latter films. The second greatest theatrical conclusion in any Potter movie, where you sat in the theater and, for once, hoped that the films would not follow the book.
But in the end, Dumble still took a tumble while Snape revealed himself as Harry's princely pal. The movie is slightly different, as Dumbledore does not stun Harry in the film - Snape simply tells him to remain silent before he does the deadly deed and slinks back into the shadows alongside Draco Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange.
The Tale of the Three Brothers in Deathly Hallows
(actual story starts around 1:12)
Even the worst movies can be improved by the change of a visual medium.
Hermione narrates the tale that exposition-drops the Magical Items of Legend. It always looked very paper-y and stop motion, and it was a pleasure to see this instead of a straight story dump or faceless live action actors stumble through a misty moor. There wasn't a need to see it ever again in the series, so enjoy the magic while it lasts.
Umbridge Finds The Order of the Phoenix + Dumbledore's Subsequent Self-Removal
The one movie whose changes were (mostly) reasonable and fitting. Instead of sending children to do her gruntwork, Dolores Umbridge just goes ham on a wall and takes them to be punished. Dumbledore takes this all in stride - for about a minute and a half. Then, he claps his hands and disappears with his phoenix, Fawkes, leaving the Ministry Mooks stunned. Truly the biggest "You thought! 👏🏼" moment in the series.
Here, it's Harry's one-time crush, Cho Chang who supposedly rats out the group. I think Marietta was just a lineless background character here, just like she was in the book besides her off-screen snitching.
Also, this is the only movie of the series whose rights are owned by a different studio for TV broadcasting. That's why it's never on Freeform. The more you know.
The Graveyard Battle in Goblet of Fire
After a disappointing Quidditch World Cup and a Triwizard Tournament that left spectators staring at bushes, the climax of the fourth book ramps up to a terrifying high, where Cedric dies and Voldemort is reborn.
This is my favorite Potter scene in either medium of the franchise - the set design and production value, the dialogue, the atmosphere. It's a real treat to watch in fake IMAX. Here, a half-dead snake boogeyman finally comes to fearful fruition and you truly learn why Voldemort was the greatest evil of the modern magic day.
Subsequent appearances, not so much. Hugging Draco, anyone?
What was your favorite scenes in Harry Potter in general, book or movie?
New Whitney Houston doc says she found ‘safety and solace’ in friend Robyn Crawford and talks of her “bisexuality” https://t.co/Om09HrIfWS— Yahoo Celebrity (@YahooCelebrity) April 27, 2017
The music industry and music fans are notoriously fickle. Just because you're a popular household name doesn't necessarily guarantee that your music will always be a hit. The cyclical nature of music trends, record company demands, poor timing, shit writing, a deviation in sound, the alienation of a core fanbase, and many more factors all contribute to big names with small sales.
Below, I've laid out 5 well-known musicians who have flopped hard at some point in their music careers.
1. Britney Spears - Britney Jean (2013)
•In the UK, the album sold a paltry 12 959 copies in its first week.
•Although it fared better in the US, selling 107 000 copies, it remains Britney's worst performing album. The most recent album sales count sits at 272 000 copies sold in the US (compare that to 1.7 million for 2008's Circus, or 794 000 for 2011's Femme Fatale).
•This is the album that lead people to speculate that Britney wasn't singing on some of the tracks and that instead a backing vocalist named Myah Marie was signing in place of Britney.
•Her follow up, Glory, didn't fare much better.
Slant Magazine Review (2.5/5):
-Designed by committee, with up to six producers and nine songwriters per track, Britney Jean is stocked with a mix of harsh EDM a la “Scream & Shout” and flaccid midtempo pop.
-Lead single “Work Bitch,” on the other hand, is the aural equivalent of bath salts, a shrill and mechanical assault on the brain, while “Tik Tik Boom” is by far Britney Jean and company's most egregious lapse in judgment[...]
-And despite copious (mis)use of Auto-Tune throughout the album, apparently no one thought to employ it for its intended purpose of pitch correction.
2. Alicia Keys - Here (2016)
•The album received mostly positive reviews, but commercially didn't fare so well.
•Although it debuted high on the charts, it only sold 42 000 copies in its first week - her lowest opening sales ever.
• Had no big singles to garner attention for this album release - nothing managed to crack the Hot 100.
•Sold 107 000 copies in the United States (compared to 1.1 million for 2012's Girl On Fire).
Pitchfork Review (6.5/10):
-“Blended Family (What You Do For Love)” rolls along as an earnest-but-slightly-awkward song about the dynamic within her home, before getting completely sabotaged by a throwaway verse from guest A$AP Rocky.
-The rhythms on HERE represent a departure from her previous efforts and indicate a willingness to experiment with her sound but the lyrics, which rarely betray a sense of adventure, cancel out most of this good work.
3. Green Day - ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tré! (2012)
Although these were 3 separate albums, they were all released in 2012 as part of a trilogy.
•¡Uno! sold decently with 325 000 copies sold in the US alone, but compared to their previous efforts, like 1.2 million for 2009's 21st Century Breakdown and a massive 6.1 million in US sales for 2004's American Idiot, the group failed to deliver.
• Both ¡Dos! and ¡Tré! did much worse - selling 175 000 and 155 000 albums in the United States respectively - and sold even more poorly in the UK.
• ¡Dos! was the first album by Greenday since 1994 to not sell 100 000 copies in its first week.
Billboard Breaks It Down:
-The altered release date for "Tre!" meant that Green Day was releasing three albums -- 37 songs worth of material -- in a 78-day span; it was an overwhelming amount of new music from a band that had taken nearly five years to craft the follow-up to its career-resuscitating 2004 rock opera "American Idiot."
-Comparatively, "Uno!,""Dos!" and "Tre!" are as erratic as Armstrong's words about them. Gone are the calls-to-arm and weighty musings of "21st Century Breakdown," replaced by sneering tales from the gutter, incessant profanity and a general air of sexual frustration.
-On their 2009 album, Green Day told their fans that "Silence is the enemy against your urgency/So rally up the demons of your soul"; on "Dos!," Armstrong declares, "It's fuck time!" on a song called "Fuck Time."
4. Metallica & Lou Reed - LuLu (2011)
Everyone knows Metallica and most music fans know Lou Reed from the iconic band The Velvet Underground. So what happens when you take one of the biggest metal bands in the world and have them collaborate with a rock icon? A total fucking flop, that's what.
•Reviews ranged from horrible to mixed: Pitchfork gave the album a 1.0/10 but David Bowie, apparently, loved it.
•First week sales were only 13 000 copies - putting the album at number 36 on the Billboard charts.
•Current sales figures are sitting around 16 000 copies sold in the US.
Chuck Klosterman's Review in Grantland:
-It’s not really designed for people who like music.
-It is not a successful record.
-As a rule, we’re always supposed to applaud the collapse of the record industry. We are supposed to feel good about the democratization of music and the limitless palette upon which artists can now operate. But that collapse is why Lulu exists. If we still lived in the radio prison of 1992, do you think Metallica would purposefully release an album that no one wants? No way.
5. Madonna - Rebel Heart (2015)
• Sold 238 000 copies in the US (compared to 539 000 for MDNA or 1.7 million for 2005's Confessions on a Dance Floor).
The Atlantic was fascinated by the flop:
-Rebel Heart is a slog, but at least it's trying to be interesting.
-But as heard on the record's 19-song deluxe edition (and the deluxe edition is the only thing that matters in the streaming era), the wannabe attention-grabbing elements mostly blur together, just textures of a mass slog of Madonna-ness.
-So her songwriting chops aren't what they once were—who can expect otherwise, 13 albums in? It doesn’t help that Madonna takes pains to remind people of far better Madonna songs. “Holy Water” samples “Vogue,” and it’s easily the catchiest moment of the album.
What's your favourite flop album, ONTD?
Image Source: one | two | three | four | five
Text Source: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
"Leave It Inside" - April and Andrew consult with a fiery patient who has a giant, inoperable heart tumor. Meanwhile, Alex and Eliza are at odds over the treatment of a young patient, and Stephanie and Ben make decisions that could affect their careers, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” Thursday, May 4th on ABC.
oblig comment about Anita's eyebrows
Ellen Morgan wasn't the first gay character on TV. https://t.co/J57E4ZR8jN— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) April 27, 2017
Who are your favorite LGBT characters, ONTD?