Articles on this Page
- 04/04/17--10:26: _ONTD Roundup
- 04/04/17--11:15: _Jordan Klepper Gets...
- 04/04/17--11:23: _First Look At “The ...
- 04/04/17--11:28: _The 2017 Hugo Award...
- 04/04/17--11:28: _Outside Lands Revea...
- 04/04/17--11:28: _Joaquin Phoenix Nar...
- 04/04/17--11:29: _leo messi for esqui...
- 04/04/17--11:29: _Gemma Chan joins 'C...
- 04/04/17--11:29: _Nick orders Invader...
- 04/04/17--11:29: _Shia LaBeouf's new ...
- 04/04/17--11:30: _Bebe Rexha: Fuck Do...
- 04/04/17--11:48: _Preview for 'Batman...
- 04/04/17--12:00: _Kerry Washington on...
- 04/04/17--12:34: _'That's So Raven' S...
- 04/04/17--12:38: _Catherine Hardwicke...
- 04/04/17--12:45: _Anne | Official Tra...
- 04/04/17--13:02: _Kpop Post: Winner, ...
- 04/05/17--07:22: _David Gandy for L'O...
- 04/05/17--07:31: _Jane the Virgin's G...
- 04/05/17--07:45: _"RuPaul's Drag Race...
- 04/04/17--10:26: ONTD Roundup
- Jean-Marc Vallee Discusses Big Little Lies Finale + Possible Season Two
- Five Years After Kristmas in July, Rupert Sanders Comments on the Affair
- Variety reviews Netflix's "13 Reasons Why"
- Matthew Underwood saves a baby from a heroin-fueled car crash
- Black Sails: Finale Featurette + Show Post-Mortem
- Yesterday's ONTD Roundup
- 04/04/17--11:15: Jordan Klepper Gets Post-'Daily Show' Time Slot
- 04/04/17--11:23: First Look At “The President Show”
- 04/04/17--11:28: Outside Lands Reveals 2017 Lineup
- 04/04/17--11:28: Joaquin Phoenix Narrates Video Exposing Animal Cruelty
- 04/04/17--11:29: leo messi for esquire mexico and latin america
- 04/04/17--11:29: Gemma Chan joins 'Crazy Rich Asians'
- 04/04/17--11:29: Nick orders Invader Zim TV movie
- 04/04/17--11:29: Shia LaBeouf's new film flops HARD in the UK
- 04/04/17--11:30: Bebe Rexha: Fuck Donald Trump!
- 04/04/17--11:48: Preview for 'Batman and Harley Quinn' movie
- 04/04/17--12:00: Kerry Washington on the cover of Glamour
- 04/04/17--12:45: Anne | Official Trailer | Netflix
- 04/04/17--13:02: Kpop Post: Winner, EXID,Taeyeon...
- 04/05/17--07:22: David Gandy for L'Officiel Hommes Switzerland (Spring 2017)
- 04/05/17--07:31: Jane the Virgin's Gina Rodriguez on the Pay Gap
- 04/05/17--07:45: "RuPaul's Drag Race" Star Adore Delano Sues Managers for Millions
For April 3, 2017:
Daily Show correspondent Jordan Klepper is being promoted to host of his own show on Comedy Central and it will air in the 11:30 p.m. time slot, right after The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
The still-untitled program will begin in the Fall and will take the time slot that was vacated when The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore was canceled last August due to low ratings. Chris Hardwick's @midnight, which has been temporarily filling that slot in the schedule, will move back to its original midnight time slot.
Klepper, a veteran of Second City, is probably best known for his sojourns to Trump rallies on The Daily Show.
Comedy Central Set to Launch ‘The President Show’ for Thursday Late-Night https://t.co/WMpGphSbe5— Variety (@Variety) April 3, 2017
- Premiering April 27
Source: Variety&JoBlo TV Show Trailers
yes the award really does look like this
- The fantasy/sci-fi-oriented Hugo awards have been plagued by MRAs and white supremacists called "Rabid Puppies" the past few years, who conspire to keep women and POC out of the list of finalists and push their own favourite racist and misogynistic writers
- This year, the Best Novel category is "Puppy"-free and, in fact, NONE of the category's nominees are white men. The nominees are 4 women and 2 men, including 3 authors of color (NK Jemisin, Cixin Liu and Yoon-Ha Lee) and 2 out LGBT writers (Charlie Jane Anders is a trans woman and Yoon-Ha Lee is a trans man).
- However the "Puppies" continue to game the system, and only 6 out of 18 categories are "Puppy"-free. Puppy finalists include:Vox Day for Best Editor, novella "This Census Taker" by China Miéville, short story "An Unimaginable Light" by John C. Wright, "The View from the Cheap Seats" by Neil Gaiman, the movie Deadpool, the semiprozine Cirsova, fanzine Castalia House, fancast The Rageaholic by Razorfist, fan writer Jeffro Johnson, fan artists Alex Garner and Mansik Yang, new writer J. Mulrooney
- The nomination of"Alien Stripper Boned From Behind by the T-Rex" by Stix Hiscock in the Best Novelette category was pushed by the MRAs. In 2016, they got"Space Raptor Butt Invasion", by Chuck Tingle, on the list of finalists in order to "discredit" the Hugo awards. Turns out Chuck Tingle isn't a fan of the alt-right and the move backfired horribly (for them) - he called the Puppies "devils" and announced that if he were to win, he would get Zöe Quinn (of Gamergate fame) to accept the award on his behalf. While no one seems to know much about Stix Hiscock, it possible that this year, to avoid nominating someone who is actually against everything they stand for, one of the MRAs actually wrote a novelette about butt-stuff himself and published it in order to get a Hugo nomination.
All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders (Tor Books / Titan Books)
A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers (Hodder & Stoughton / Harper Voyager US)
Death’s End by Cixin Liu (Tor Books / Head of Zeus)
Ninefox Gambit by Yoon-Ha Lee (Solaris Books)
The Obelisk Gate by N. K. Jemisin (Orbit Books)
Too Like the Lightning by Ada Palmer (Tor Books)
The Ballad of Black Tom by Victor LaValle (Tor.com Publishing)
The Dream-Quest of Vellitt Boe by Kij Johnson (Tor.com Publishing)
Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire (Tor.com Publishing)
Penric and the Shaman by Lois McMaster Bujold (Spectrum Literary Agency)
A Taste of Honey by Kai Ashante Wilson (Tor.com Publishing)
This Census-Taker by China Miéville (Del Rey / Picador)
Alien Stripper Boned From Behind By The T-Rex by Stix Hiscock (self-published)
“The Art of Space Travel” by Nina Allan (Tor.com, July 2016)
“The Jewel and Her Lapidary” by Fran Wilde (Tor.com Publishing, May 2016)
“The Tomato Thief” by Ursula Vernon (Apex Magazine, January 2016)
“Touring with the Alien” by Carolyn Ives Gilman (Clarkesworld Magazine, April 2016)
“You’ll Surely Drown Here If You Stay” by Alyssa Wong (Uncanny Magazine, May 2016)
Best Short Story
“The City Born Great” by N. K. Jemisin (Tor.com, September 2016)
“A Fist of Permutations in Lightning and Wildflowers” by Alyssa Wong (Tor.com, March 2016)
“Our Talons Can Crush Galaxies” by Brooke Bolander (Uncanny Magazine, November 2016)
“Seasons of Glass and Iron” by Amal El-Mohtar (The Starlit Wood: New Fairy Tales, Saga Press)
“That Game We Played During the War” by Carrie Vaughn (Tor.com, March 2016)
“An Unimaginable Light” by John C. Wright (God, Robot, Castalia House)
Best Related Work
The Geek Feminist Revolution by Kameron Hurley (Tor Books)
The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher (Blue Rider Press)
Traveler of Worlds: Conversations with Robert Silverberg by Robert Silverberg and Alvaro Zinos-Amaro (Fairwood)
The View From the Cheap Seats by Neil Gaiman (William Morrow / Harper Collins)
“The Women of Harry Potter” posts by Sarah Gailey (Tor.com)
Words Are My Matter: Writings About Life and Books, 2000-2016 by Ursula K. Le Guin (Small Beer)
Best Graphic Story
Black Panther, Volume 1: A Nation Under Our Feet, written by Ta-Nehisi Coates, illustrated by Brian Stelfreeze (Marvel)
Monstress, Volume 1: Awakening, written by Marjorie Liu, illustrated by Sana Takeda (Image)
Ms. Marvel, Volume 5: Super Famous, written by G. Willow Wilson, illustrated by Takeshi Miyazawa (Marvel)
Paper Girls, Volume 1, written by Brian K. Vaughan, illustrated by Cliff Chiang, colored by Matthew Wilson, lettered by Jared Fletcher (Image)
Saga, Volume 6, illustrated by Fiona Staples, written by Brian K. Vaughan, lettered by Fonografiks (Image)
The Vision, Volume 1: Little Worse Than A Man, written by Tom King, illustrated by Gabriel Hernandez Walta (Marvel)
Best Dramatic Presentation – Long Form
Arrival, screenplay by Eric Heisserer based on a short story by Ted Chiang, directed by Denis Villeneuve
Deadpool, screenplay by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick, directed by Tim Miller
Ghostbusters, screenplay by Katie Dippold & Paul Feig, directed by Paul Feig
Hidden Figures, screenplay by Allison Schroeder and Theodore Melfi, directed by Theodore Melfi
Rogue One, screenplay by Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy, directed by Gareth Edwards
Stranger Things, Season One, created by the Duffer Brothers
Best Dramatic Presentation – Short Form
Black Mirror: “San Junipero”, written by Charlie Brooker, directed by Owen Harris (House of Tomorrow)
Doctor Who: “The Return of Doctor Mysterio”, written by Steven Moffat, directed by Ed Bazalgette (BBC Cymru Wales)
The Expanse: “Leviathan Wakes”, written by Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, directed by Terry McDonough (SyFy)
Game of Thrones: “Battle of the Bastards”, written by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, directed by Miguel Sapochnik (HBO)
Game of Thrones: “The Door”, written by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, directed by Jack Bender (HBO)
Splendor & Misery [album], by Clipping (Daveed Diggs, William Hutson, Jonathan Snipes)
The Craft Sequence by Max Gladstone (Tor Books)
The Expanse by James S.A. Corey (Orbit US / Orbit UK)
The October Daye Books by Seanan McGuire (DAW / Corsair)
The Peter Grant / Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch (Gollancz / Del Rey / DAW / Subterranean)
The Temeraire series by Naomi Novik (Del Rey / Harper Voyager UK)
The Vorkosigan Saga by Lois McMaster Bujold (Baen)
FULL LIST OF FINALISTS HERE
MORE ABOUT THE RABID PUPPY SLATE HERE
2017 marks the festival's 10th anniversary. Featured acts include Metallica, Gorillaz, Lorde, A Tribe Called Quest, and Solange. The festival takes place in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park on August 11-13. Tickets go on sale April 6!
Will I see you at Outside Lands, ONTD?
- lca (last chance for animals) has been investigating International Toxicology Research (ITR) in montreal
- phoenix focuses on the macaque monkeys who can suffer up to 30 years in these labs
what are you doing to fight animal cruelty ontd?
Messi, tapa de Esquire para Latinoamérica pic.twitter.com/QBxgETe31e— Diego Borinsky (@diegoborinsky) April 4, 2017
+ All the pictures were taken with the new Huawei P10 Plus.
Messi's photoshoot for Esquire Mexico is the first photoshoot ever to be captured via a phone 😍 pic.twitter.com/oAE4lwUIxQ— Messi World (@MessiWorId) April 4, 2017
Messi's photoshoot for Esquire Mexico is the first photoshoot ever to be captured via a phone. pic.twitter.com/ckTEUS36z9— FORÇA BARÇA (@ForcaBarcaEN) April 4, 2017
Lionel Messi posó para la Esquire española. Las fotos fueron sacadas con un celular Huawei P10 Plus pic.twitter.com/NDdCS3LoB6— Leandro Zanoni (@zanoni) April 4, 2017
sources1 / 2 / 3 / 4
bb matu thanks you for your time :D
Variety's twitter and source didn't actually say who she was going to play, but Constance quickly clarified it;
Crazy Rich Asians "unfolds in a world of opulence, as new money and old money collide among a group of Chinese families living in Singapore."
The original voice actors are returning for the 90 minute movie, which finds Zim plotting to destroy the world.
Shia LaBeouf Thriller ‘Man Down’ Sells Just One Ticket at U.K. Box Office https://t.co/pDkXaRSU83— Variety (@Variety) April 4, 2017
Shia LaBeouf's Man Down opened this weekend in the UK and sold only one ticket, grossing just £7 for its entire weekend. Shia can take a bit of small comfort at the fact that the film was only released in one theater and same day VOD.
The film grossed only $454,500 in the States.
how many times have you been the only person in the theater watching a movie, ontd??
At Zedd's Benefit ACLU concert last night,hook artist Bebe Rexha wasn't afraid to voice her disdain for reality tv star Donald Trump: “Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Bebe Rexha, and it does not say you have to R.S.V.P. on the Statue of Liberty. Fuck Donald Trump!”
Several artists such as Macklemore, Imagine Dragons, Machine Gun Kelly, Miguel, Skrillex
“As an immigrant myself I feel the need to stand up against the tyranny that threatens our basic human rights,” Zedd said, reflecting on his motivation for organizing the event.
A sneak peek at DC Universe's next animated movie, "Batman and Harley Quinn."
This sneak peek looks at the upcoming DCE animated feature film, "Batman and Harley Quinn," and features the creators and talented voice cast.
Raven's Home, a multicamera comedy
The series, aimed at kids 6-14 and their families, will pick up with Raven and Chelsea, who are now divorced single mothers raising their two separate families in one chaotic, but fun household full of friends.
Issac Brown (Black-ish, Miles From Tomorrowland) and Navia Robinson (Being Mary Jane) have been cast as Raven's 11-year-old twins, Booker and Nia, respectively, and Jason Maybaum (Superstore) will play Chelsea's 9-year-old son, Levi. Sky Katz (America's Got Talent) also has been cast as Nia's best friend, Tess.
Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight) is in talks to direct a remake of the 2011 Mexican thriller MISS BALA for Sony.
Gina Rodriguez is on its shortlist of potential stars.
Miss Bala follows a beauty pageant contestant who witnesses a gang shooting and is subsequently kidnapped and forced to work for the gang in the drug trade.
Gerardo Naranjo directed the original film, which received a foreign language Oscar nomination.
Anne is a coming-of-age story about an outsider who, against all odds and many challenges, fights for love and acceptance and her place in the world. Set in Prince Edward Island in the late 1890s, the series centers on Anne Shirley (Amybeth McNulty), a young orphaned girl who, after an abusive childhood spent in orphanages and the homes of strangers, is mistakenly sent to live with an aging sister and brother. Over time, 13-year-old Anne will transform the lives of Marilla (Geraldine James) and Matthew Cuthbert (R.H. Thomson) and eventually the entire small town in which they live with her unique spirit, fierce intellect and brilliant imagination. Anne’s adventures will reflect timeless and topical issues including themes of identity, feminism, bullying and prejudice.
Winner's "Really Really"
EXID's teaser for "Night rather than day"
Taeyeon's teaser for "Make me love you"
April-"Sting" (Stellar's Impact!)
Rodriguez partnered with LUNA to bring awareness to the gender pay gap and continue moving forward in her mission to close it.
Latina women face the largest pay gap and earn just 54 percent of what white men earn annually (African American women follow closely behind at 63 percent).
LUNA’s Equal Pay Day campaign
"I wanted to be partnered with a brand that empowered me. In our political climate, [we need to look for] opportunities to learn about women’s empowerment and equality. I’ve been on that search myself. I’ve always been so grateful, so I stayed quiet because I didn’t want this opportunity that I longed for to be taken away. How terrible is that? I was afraid, and I’m sure I’m not the only one."
many women across numerous industries who feel the same way and are hesitant to speak up.
"That’s what we’re doing. We’re not saying we’re going to change it all in a day. But once a movement starts, it pushes forward with the strength of everyone behind it. It takes women saying this conversation needs to be had. It takes women uplifting those around them and making sure no one is left behind. I’m deserving of equality when it comes to how hard I work. I believe that equality stands on merit, not on gender."
an obvious concept that everyone can agree with
"But so many of the simple things in life that seem so obvious are the hardest to grasp: love, equality, being good to one another. They seem so simple, so why make it harder? But then again, you can’t control anyone’s actions but your own. So I’m just trying to control my actions. I am someone who needed help to make that move and to really own that confidence that I was allowed to have."
her experience as an actress to women of all experiences and background in a universal way
"Women and men—worked 10 times more than the people who were making all the money. I wasn’t even capable of comparing myself to men in my similar position because I was so appreciative. I was busy trying to overcome the limitations of being a woman of color that I didn’t realize other limitations were being put on me. We can fall so far behind in obtaining equal pay because we’re so happy to be [given an opportunity in the first place.] I never compared my journey to anyone else’s. I was always trying to stay in my own lane. I think that that could be a trap for a lot of women."
people who may question the pay gap and deny it’s validity
"[on Instagram about the pay gap] Women started to tear me down and tell me I was weak. In 2017, this is not something we should be [arguing] about. And being torn down by other women was a little more painful. You can deny it all you want but a fact is a fact. It gets dangerous when you don’t believe those facts. I’m not going to sit back and let that happen. I am aware that it is a fact. I am aware of the statistics. And I am aware that if I stay silent then nothing moves. If it’s slow and gradual. I’m in it for the long haul."
sources : 1, 2
'RuPaul's Drag Race' Star Sues Managers for Stealing Millions https://t.co/ldMGzGcxBh— TMZ (@TMZ) April 4, 2017
-Drag Queen Adore Delano (Danny Noriega of American Idol fame) is suing her management company, Producer Entertainment Group for $3.5 Million, claiming she walked away with only $300K after earning more than $2.5 million in record sales and live concerts
-Claims PEG takes over 70% of her appearance fees and threatened to "destroy her career" if she kept questioning finances
-She is seeking $1 million in lost wages and $2.5 million in punitive damages
-PEG represents many queens associated with the show, including many top 3 finalists and Miss Congenialities. They also are responsible for the international "Battle of the Seasons" tour and Christmas Queens album
This is my first post! Hope everything's in order