Articles on this Page
- 03/21/17--12:00: _Nebula & Hugo Award...
- 03/21/17--12:10: _Alec Baldwin on who...
- 03/21/17--12:19: _The View talks abou...
- 03/21/17--12:19: _'Avengers for Fairy...
- 03/21/17--12:33: _KPOP Post: Pristin,...
- 03/21/17--13:00: _Swet Shop Boys Rele...
- 03/21/17--13:10: _Mel Gibson Has Been...
- 03/21/17--13:17: _FYF line-up announced
- 03/21/17--13:17: _Jake Gyllenhaal and...
- 03/21/17--18:54: _SYTYCD host Cat Dee...
- 03/21/17--19:06: _Bones series finale...
- 03/21/17--19:07: _The Flash 3x18 "Abr...
- 03/21/17--19:44: _Bryan Cranston is t...
- 03/21/17--19:44: _"All I Want For Chr...
- 03/21/17--19:47: _Steven Yeun & Wife ...
- 03/21/17--20:46: _Honest Trailer - Po...
- 03/21/17--22:49: _Stranger Things Joe...
- 03/22/17--05:02: _The Challenge: Inva...
- 03/22/17--05:03: _Great Movies That D...
- 03/22/17--05:03: _Ed Sheeran Is An Ug...
- 03/21/17--12:00: Nebula & Hugo Award Winning Author Nnedi Okorafor Talks Whitewashing
- 03/21/17--12:10: Alec Baldwin on who should replace him as TRUMP on SNL!
- 03/21/17--12:19: The View talks about NSA/FBI Directors fact checking 45's tweets
- Disney is rumored to be interested in buying it (This isn't THEIR product, it's just the DP image)
- Movie spec script going around Hollywood, written by Nir Paniry
- Expect this to have a bunch of public domain princesses, but no word on who exactly
- 03/21/17--12:33: KPOP Post: Pristin, Monsta X, CN Blue, Highlight
- 03/21/17--13:00: Swet Shop Boys Releasing "Sufi LA" Vinyl EP
- 03/21/17--13:10: Mel Gibson Has Been Quietly Working To Help Holocaust Victims
- A charity org called Survivor Mitzvah Project approached Mel Gibson years ago to see if he would like to get involved and he has been a big supporter of them since then.
- The founder of the organization says that Evil Santa doesn't just write checks, but personally tries to get other people involved.
- The same founder says the actor's (who caused a stir in 2006 for going on a druken anti-semitic rant) actions have helped a lot of people in 8 countries.
- ~Sources~ (lmao) say that he has shown remorse of his behavior and is trying to turn his life around so he can be remembered for his work and not his scandals.
- 03/21/17--13:17: FYF line-up announced
- 03/21/17--19:06: Bones series finale promo
- 03/21/17--19:44: Bryan Cranston is the Red Power Ranger
- 03/21/17--19:47: Steven Yeun & Wife Welcome First Child
- 03/21/17--20:46: Honest Trailer - Power Rangers Movie (1997)
- 03/22/17--05:02: The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions 29x08
- 03/22/17--05:03: Great Movies That Deserve a Sequel
- 03/22/17--05:03: Ed Sheeran Is An Ugly Thief, Plagiarized TLC's 'No Scrubs'
As a black woman writing a black female main character in a scifi novel, seeing my character whitewashed on the cover felt-like-erasure: pic.twitter.com/h5Nlhp8DHe— Nnedi Okorafor, PhD (@Nnedi) March 14, 2017
- nnedi okorafor is a nigerian-amercian sff writer
- she's won at the world fantasy awards, hugo awards, nebula awards
- she's talking about an earlier novel, the shadow speaker and hyperion/disney attempting to whitewash the cover in 2007
- they said it was because there weren't enough stock photos of black women
Cover on left was the proposed cover. Cover on the right was the finished cover after I threw a sh*t fit (tapered by my agent).— Nnedi Okorafor, PhD (@Nnedi) March 14, 2017
I described Ejii as "black skinned" and subsaharan African, story set in NIGER and that left cover was proposed to me. WTF.— Nnedi Okorafor, PhD (@Nnedi) March 14, 2017
So to have readers do the same thing...no control there. Except Twitter, where I can rant that the Khoush people in Binti weren't white, lol— Nnedi Okorafor, PhD (@Nnedi) March 14, 2017
No worries. Nothing like that cover issue will happen again. Better publishers, better times. Now it's up to readers to do their parts. pic.twitter.com/dPvAh0ZOun— Nnedi Okorafor, PhD (@Nnedi) March 14, 2017
Speaking later with io9:
- “How did I feel? Shock, a sinking feeling in my belly, fury, and ‘O-M-G, it’s happening. To me!’” Okorafor told io9. “I started writing science fiction because I wanted to see Africa in the future... This cover erased a lot of that in one stroke. Plus, it was a lie.”
- “There’s a whole history of racist intent and assumption behind whitewashing. To deny this is just to avoid the discomfort of guilt. People don’t like to be uncomfortable, and seeing something in yourself that you know is problematic is uncomfortable, even painful. So giving the benefit of the doubt when it’s not earned is easier. Pretending you don’t see the obvious means you don’t have to look within. It’s easier to maintain than grow.”
what books by woc are you reading, ontd.
Alec Baldwin chatted with Z100's Garrett Vogel on the red carpet for the BOSS BABY premiere last night. Alec discussed who he would want to replace him as TRUMP on SNL .... And how much longer he plans to play the role!
He said, " I don't know. They've had people in the cast like, Taran [Killiam] , who just left and Darell [Hammond]. I think that it's a rare time that someone who has guested on the show, over and over again, playing a really important role.I said "Not that I don't think i'm going to do it anymore, as if i'm going to quit." I don't know how much more people want to see that. I'm going to do the rest of the season between now and end of may.I don't know if they want me to come back next year and who knows what's going to happen between now and next year.
Video and more at the SOURCE http://z100.iheart.com/onair/garrett-53833/alec-baldwin-talks-snl-trump-replacement-15665472/#ixzz4bzEqJjPn
Today's hosts: Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin, Jedediah Bila
Today's HOT topics:
The panel discusses how Admiral Rogers (NSA) and Director Comey (FBI) fact checked
45's live tweets during yesterday's Trussia hearing when the tweets were brought into record by Representative Jim Himes (D-CT). They also dive into Marco Rubio's (R-FL) comments right before the election of "Can this country afford to have a president under investigation by the FBI?" 45's trips to the Southern White House are once again a hot-topic for the panel. They discuss how that tax payer's money have been into play. Jed argues that he's not being fiscally conservative and does not agree that people should pay to visit the Southern White House. The subject of 45's live tweeting is decimated by the panel and are we losing our credibility because of it.
The panel talks about liquor and alcohol. We learn that Sara and Sunny recently had a deep conversation about liquor and mixologists. They try to answer do men really need alcohol to socialize?
SOURCE:1, 2, 3, 4
Could we see a princesses team-up movie soon? https://t.co/gAQazf9Xps— ComingSoon.net (@comingsoonnet) March 21, 2017
source | tweet
Which princesses would you like to see?
Have you ever been quietly helping holocaust victims while being loudly racist and anti-semite, ONTD? TYFYA!
Fyf lineup just dropped and its 🔥 pic.twitter.com/BGLDP5Ccp8— The MAT Magazine (@thematmagazine) March 21, 2017
bjork and missy elliot, i'm sold. anyone else planning to go to music festivals this year?
-During recent press junkets both Jake Gyllenhaal and Tom Hiddleston have tried to avoid the topic of Taylor Swift .
- Gyllenhaal tried to swerve questions about Blanca Diabla and said, "I would love to talk about the movie." Gyllenhaal gave a "cold smile" and "intense eyes" during the line of questioning, adding that he gave an "exaggerated shrug" when the probe continued.
-Hiddleston responded "testily" when his relationship with Swift was brought up. "What should I regret, in your mind?" the Kong: Skull Island star said. "I would rather not talk about this, if that's alright." After calming down from his I <3 T.S tank top flashback Hiddleston added, "You have to fight for love. You can't live in fear of what people might say," he said. "You know, you have to be true to yourself. I'm not going to live my life in hiding."
The worst featuring! Worst food! As for the manager?????? Moron!!!!! pic.twitter.com/d2ehp3azrg— Cat Deeley (@catdeeley) March 19, 2017
Deeley continued to post tweet after tweet about how much she disliked the restaurant. The TomGeorge Restaurant later elaborated stating that Deeley kept complaining that she didn't like the food so ultimately they ended up completely comping her meal. Her server then revealed that she also did not leave him any kind of tip which Deeley first tried to justify because the food was awful only to later claim that the service was bad (after previously tweeting that the server did nothing wrong).
Source 1, 2 and 3
The backtracking is real. Server / customer horror stories anyone?
After twelve seasons, the show wraps up for good next week.
Desperate to save Iris (Candice Patton), Barry considers taking the deal but Gypsy (guest star Jessica Camacho) breaches in to capture the villain for her own reasons and during the melee, Abra Kadabra manages to escape. Barry is furious that Gypsy interfered but Gypsy refuses to back down, forcing Cisco (Carlos Valdes) to take sides. Meanwhile, Julian (Tom Felton) is still a bit cold towards Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) but when she is severely injured in a battle with Gypsy, he rushes to her side. Nina Lopez-Corrado directed the episode with story by Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Brooke Roberts & David Kob.
BETRAYALS – After obtaining the Spear of Destiny, the Legion of Doom rewrites reality, leaving the Legends changed, perhaps forever. Frightfully, the Legends’ and the world’s hope rests with Rory (Dominic Purcell), but being the “hero” is not easy for him. Meanwhile, there is tension within the Legion of Doom and the reason why the Spear of Destiny needs to be destroyed is revealed. Victor Garber, Brandon Routh, Arthur Darvill, Caity Lotz, Franz Drameh, Nick Zano and Maisie Richardson-Sellers also star. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Sarah Hernandez.
source / source / source / source
On last night's episode of The Late Show with Stephen Cobert, Bryan Cranston dressed up as the Red Ranger. They talk about his voiceover work in the Power Rangers TV series
The audience is an older crowd and was not feeling this interview lol
Festive kween Messiah Carey is making an animated movie out of her Christmas classic 'All I Want For Christmas Is You.' The film will be released this holiday season.
kween. when will riTa?
Former Walking Dead actor and his wife Joana Pak have a new son, born March 17. There's no word yet on the baby's name.
The couple married in early December, in a ceremony attended by nearly the entire TWD cast.
I'm dying at the unnecessary flips.
Challenge - Curry Up
Eating challenge. There are 2 eating stations for each team. They must race down to drink curry and collect puzzle pieces. After collecting all puzzle pieces they must put it together at the starting line.
Underdog elimination day.
First man and woman to finish station 2 and bring back their puzzle pieces are safe from elimination. They also get to nominate players into The Fortress.
Team Bank Accounts
Underdogs: $ 10,000
Champions: $ 25,000
Nominated by Nicole and Hunter
Nelson and Jenna
Nominations by Underdog Team
Dario and Sylvia
The Fortress - Bell Ringer
Must smash 16 Thai idols attached to a bell.
Dario and Sylvia
mytv, castpics, insta, twitter
With so many franchises continuously making
unnecessary movies nonstop, there are some movies that never will get a chance to have a proper conclusion. Here is a list of a few of some of those 'movies that for one reason or the other never got to complete their stories':
synopsis: The Bride continues her quest of vengeance against her former boss and lover Bill, the reclusive bouncer Budd and the treacherous, one-eyed Elle.
why it should get another sequel: The idea of getting revenge against The Bride is a interesting story and a fitting end to the story. 'We’ve already seen what a successful revenge means to her, and the reward she gets for following it through' and 'it would be very interesting to have a movie where The Bride is now the main antagonist. Director Quentin Tarantino has been talking about a sequel for years but he's been 'putting off the movie for a while and nothing concrete seems to be happening at the moment'.
synopsis: A Russian teenager living in London who dies during childbirth leaves clues to a midwife in her journal that could tie her child to a rape involving a violent Russian mob family.
why it should get a sequel: Eastern Promises is very much like Godfather where the main character (Nikolai) reluctantly becomes the head of the mob in the end and it 'would’ve been fair to give Eastern Promises a chance to have its Godfather Part II'. There was a plan for a second film but it was scrapped in 2013.
synopsis: Whilst attending a party, three high school friends gain superpowers after making an incredible discovery underground. Soon, though, they find their lives spinning out of control and their bond tested as they embrace their darker sides.
why it should get a sequel: As the film goes towards a conventional superhero movie with a showdown 'between the main hero and a dangerous supervillain' and with most of the plot threads pretty much wrapped up, it 'leaves enough open to develop at least one more film set in that universe'. The screenwriter Max Landis had a screenplay titled 'Martyr' for a sequel that was intended to be for both a prequel and sequel.
'Martyr' was an ambitious idea with Matt (the hero) established as an 'Superman kind of figure, saving people all around the world, and the US government growing increasingly worried that he might snap any day and become an unstoppable threat'. With the government hiring a unstable scientist named Miranda (who've been the villain) for backup. 'Martyr' was passed by 20th Century Fox and all the of the original people from Chronicle have abandoned plans for a sequel.
synopsis: The mythical world starts a rebellion against humanity in order to rule the Earth, so Hellboy and his team must save the world from the rebellious creatures.
why it should get another sequel: Many fans were disappointed with the first 2 movies because in the first movie Hellboy is 'an immature, almost childlike, reluctant hero who is coming to terms with his own identity and his feelings towards others' and in the sequel Hellboy 'struggles to find his own place in the world and a sense of purpose'. Many were expecting in the Hellboy movies that there would be a larger purpose for the character. 'We saw the character growing up, but we never got the chance to see what he grew up to be, and how that could result in a massive cataclysmic event'. This year Director Guillermo Del Toro announced that Hellboy 3 is never going to happen.
synopsis: Six months after the rage virus was inflicted on the population of Great Britain, the US Army helps to secure a small area of London for the survivors to repopulate and start again. But not everything goes to plan.
why it should get another sequel: Danny Boyle's 28 Days later 'was a fresh take on the genre by not actually featuring undead monsters, but rage infected humans who were able to run' as slow zombies 'ceased to be scary' compared with the action packed films of the new millennium. 28 Days Later was also a 'beautifully shot film with a great cast and soundtrack'. The sequel 28 Weeks later wasn’t as groundbreaking as the original (might be because director Danny Boyle and writer Alex Garland were only producers), 'but it still managed to expand on the concept shown in the first film' with the ending teasing what could be expected for a third and final film for the series. There have been rumors of Boyle and Garland want to return but nothing has been materialized.
the rest of the list is @ the first source
What films do you think deserve a sequel?
Source - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
- Ed Sheeran makes his millions reusing the works of better artists.
- Admitted to unironically stealing from a song about guys women don't want to get with.
- "No Scrubs" writing team Kandi Burruss, Tameka Cottle, and Kevin Briggs now have listed credits for "Shape of You" alongside Sheeran and his team of musical colonists.
- Sheeran still owes credits to Tracy Chapman’s “Mountain o’ Things” and Sia’s “Cheap Thrills” for the same song.
- Other cases Sheeran is facing: $20m plagiarism suit for "Phogotraph" and one for "Thinking Out Loud".
- OP still hasn't heard a Sheeran song.