Articles on this Page
- 02/17/17--13:51: _Viggo Mortensen tal...
- 02/17/17--14:47: _The 100 best Britis...
- 02/17/17--15:05: _Sigo Extrañándote -...
- 02/17/17--16:00: _Free For All Friday
- 02/17/17--18:48: _NFL: Lady Gaga's ha...
- 02/17/17--18:48: _First set photos re...
- 02/17/17--18:49: _YouTube cancels Pew...
- 02/17/17--18:49: _Stephen King-inspir...
- 02/17/17--18:50: _The Vampire Diaries...
- 02/17/17--18:55: _Mysterious Lana Del...
- 02/17/17--20:03: _Lawsuit against Ell...
- 02/17/17--20:04: _The Batman Movie Is...
- 02/17/17--20:05: _Kyrie Irving thinks...
- 02/17/17--20:27: _Mariah speaks on he...
- 02/17/17--20:28: _Jon Favreau just co...
- 02/17/17--20:31: _Midnight Oil announ...
- 02/17/17--20:31: _Bill Maher interive...
- 02/17/17--20:32: _.@LiamPayne Calls @...
- 02/17/17--20:40: _Emma Caulfield:havi...
- 02/18/17--00:10: _ONTD Original: 5 K-...
- 02/17/17--14:47: The 100 best British films
- 02/17/17--15:05: Sigo Extrañándote - J Balvin
- 02/17/17--16:00: Free For All Friday
- 02/17/17--18:48: NFL: Lady Gaga's halftime set is most-watched in Super Bowl history
- 02/17/17--18:48: First set photos released from the Love Actually "sequel"
- After Disney's Maker Studios dropped PewDiePie because of his anti-Semitic videos, YouTube has announced the cancellation of the second season of his original series Scare PewDiePie.
- He's also no longer a Google Preferred producer at YouTube.
- Google Preferred is a premier advertising program that offers advertisers access to its most popular channels.
- 02/17/17--18:49: Stephen King-inspired show "Castle Rock" to air on Hulu
- 02/17/17--18:50: The Vampire Diaries Promos: 8x14 & 8x16 Teaser
- 02/17/17--18:55: Mysterious Lana Del Rey Posters Appear in L.A.
- 02/17/17--20:04: The Batman Movie Is Fudged Part 52: Matt Reeves No Longer Directing
- 02/17/17--20:05: Kyrie Irving thinks the Earth is flat
- 02/17/17--20:31: Midnight Oil announce world tour
- 02/17/17--20:31: Bill Maher interivews Milo Yiannopoulos
- 02/18/17--00:10: ONTD Original: 5 K-pop Scandals From February
- the film for which viggo is nominated, captain fantastic, is about a dad who rejects society in order to raise his kids according to his ideals and one of the central themes is whether it's better to engage or seclude yourself from an outside world you dislike - draws parallels to the current situation where just disengaging and disagreeing isn't enough, action is needed
- says that what actors have a platform but what they say isn't more or less valid than anyone else anywhere in the country but there is often a backlash making people actually more likely to reject what they say
- believes in being honest about life with kids even from an early age, like his character in the film, but would choose his words more carefully since there's a difference talking to a 7 year old vs a 17 year old
- is writing screenplays and working on directing them
- lotr reunion that occurred a few weeks ago was for the benefit of the children he co-starred with in captain fantastic - he figured they wouldn't win the award they were up for so invited the lotr cast that was in town (dom monaghan, billy boyd, elijah wood and orlando bloom) since the kids were big fans
do you agree w/viggo's opinions on raising children ontd?
96. 28 Days Later… (2002)
About: Animal activists invade a laboratory with the intention of releasing chimpanzees that are undergoing experimentation, infected by a virus -a virus that causes rage. The naive activists ignore the pleas of a scientist to keep the cages locked, with disastrous results. Twenty-eight days later, our protagonist, Jim, wakes up from a coma, alone, in an abandoned hospital. He begins to seek out anyone else to find London is deserted, apparently without a living soul. After finding a church, which had become inhabited by zombie like humans intent on his demise, he runs for his life. Selena and Mark rescue him from the horde and bring him up to date on the mass carnage and horror as all of London tore itself apart. This is a tale of survival and ultimately, heroics, with nice subtext about mankind's savage nature.
74. Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)
About: The film follows the fortunes of Charles and his friends as they wonder if they will ever find true love and marry. Charles thinks he's found "Miss Right" in Carrie, an American. This British subtle comedy revolves around Charlie, his friends and the four weddings and one funeral which they attend.
31. The Lady Vanishes (1938)
About: While traveling in continental Europe, a rich young playgirl realizes that an elderly lady seems to have disappeared from the train.
13. The 39 Steps (1935)
About: Richard Hannay is a Canadian visitor to London. At the end of "Mr Memory"'s show in a music hall, he meets Annabella Smith who is running away from secret agents. He accepts to hide her in his flat, but in the night she is murdered. Fearing he could be accused on the girl's murder, Hannay goes on the run to break the spy ring.
2. The Third Man (1949)
About: An out of work pulp fiction novelist, Holly Martins, arrives in a post war Vienna divided into sectors by the victorious allies, and where a shortage of supplies has lead to a flourishing black market. He arrives at the invitation of an ex-school friend, Harry Lime, who has offered him a job, only to discover that Lime has recently died in a peculiar traffic accident. From talking to Lime's friends and associates Martins soon notices that some of the stories are inconsistent, and determines to discover what really happened to Harry Lime.
what's your favorite British film?
he looks like a goddamn disaster
I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!
No porn, nudes, spam, fighting, advertising, dickishness, huge browser slowing comments.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Lady Gaga's Super Bowl LI Halftime show is officially the most watched musical event of all-time across all platforms, NFL announced today. Nearly 118 million people tuned into the show on the FOX broadcast network. In addition, Gaga's performance at NRG Stadium in Houston is the most-viewed content on NFL's digital platforms, including NFL.com, Twitter, and YouTube. Through these channels, the performance pulled in more than 150 million unique viewers.
"We were thrilled to collaborate with Lady Gaga, one of the most talented and versatile performers in the world, on the Pepsi Zero Sugar Super Bowl LI Halftime Show," said Mark Quenzel, the NFL Network's senior vice president of programming and production. "The halftime show provides the ultimate world stage for an artist. Through her incredible music, choreography, and unifying message, Lady Gaga created a unique performance that will be remembered for years to come."
When explaining the ideas behind her performance to Ryan Seacrest, Gaga said: "Ultimately what I discovered was, I thought less was more for me. Even though it probably didn't seem like that watching the show because it was so big, it really was just a really cool stage with fire. There wasn't a lot of technology other than the 300 drones."
talent always wins!
Source: 1 | 2
The little boy is so grown up 😭❤️😭❤️https://t.co/kRrpf3i5gP— Harper's Bazaar (@harpersbazaarus) February 16, 2017
- A follow-up to this post
- Filming is already underway. There are more photos with Liam Neeson (Daniel), Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Sam), and Olivia Olson (Joanna) in the Harper's Bazaar article. Liam's wearing the same old turtleneck sweater he wore in the 2003 movie
- Emma Thompson (AKA the best part of the original) was noticeably absent from the released cast list, but director Richard Curtis said he might reconsider his decision: "Oddly, we're not quite sure [if she'll be in it]... It's all been done in a great rush and I think not… but I'm now thinking again."
- Emma Freud (script editor and Curtis' wife) says the script is still being written and is asking suggestions on her Twitter
Source 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Follow up to this post.
I hope this is the beginning of the end for him.
An anthology series based on Stephen King's fictional town of Castle Rock, Maine is headed to Hulu. J.J. Abrams is executive producing.
Nina's wig looks terrible.
I liked having Kai back and he's in the promo for next week too. Kai is just fun to watch and entertaining so I'd trade Cade for him every time because Cade is just so bland and uninteresting.
Lana Del Rey - Young And In Love coming soon pic.twitter.com/b2NoAu11zd— Lana Del Rey Crew (@LanaDReyCrew) February 17, 2017
Today, posters popped up around L.A. promoting a new-but-unannounced project by Lana Del Rey. Could it be a new Tropico-esque short film? Has she re-titled rumored first single "Young and in Love" to "Love"? The singer has not commented on the project as of yet.
Space X/Tesla Pop coming soon!!
Previously on ONTD
* A real estate agent from Georgia named Titi Pierce said that she was defamed by a Feb 2016 segment on Ellen's show where Ellen made fun of her name, pronouncing it as "titty."
* The judge threw out her claim on Wednesday, writing:
"The title of the segment itself implies that there is something incorrect or entertaining about the forthcoming signs, and indicates that DeGeneres’ statements should not be taken literally. Nor could DeGeneres’s pronunciation be proven to be demonstrably false. The letter ‘i’ in the English language can be pronounced in several ways."
read more at the source
ontd, do you have a non-whitebread name that ellen's show would make fun of?
- Reeves & WB had a breakdown in discussions for unknown reasons
- This comes just after Batfleck decided he wouldn't be directing the film either
- WB still intent on making this movie despite the volumes of issues the studio has been having with this movie alone (notwithstanding the actual mess that is DC/WB)
Kyrie Irving was trending on Twitter today because he believes the Earth is flat. I asked him about it. pic.twitter.com/ODe9aP9qmK— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) February 18, 2017
I agree with him https://t.co/lbB8gEHZsT— Wilson Chandler (@wilsonchandler) February 17, 2017
- The NBA star believes the Earth is, in fact, flat and that people should do their own research and stop relying on “particular groups” that “provide education” that allows the masses to accept this as fact.
- Fellow NBA athlete Wilson Chandler (Denver Nuggets) took to Twitter to agree with Irving's stupid ass.
Favourite conspiracy theory?
Mariah Carey spoke to the Associated Press to speak about her recent snafu on-stage during New Year's Eve in Times Square, New York City. She explained that her earpiece and microphone were not working, and the thing that bothered her most was that "people didn't understand" and that she was subsequently "victimized and villified." The best-selling artist, who three decades into her career has proven herself as a musical legend, lamented: "What do they want me to do? It's like I'm the only one who has to make 5 million comebacks, while everyone else is just like...you did some little thing, and then you stripped, you did this, and you're fine, you're great. But for me, there's different rules, and I don't know why. I don't know why it's okay that I was victimized and vilified by the situation."
It's been two decades since Midnight Oil did a world tour and only a handful of gigs have peppered the time between now and 2002, when frontman Peter Garret decided to focus on his political career. They will play over fifty shows in six months with a full tour of Australia including many regional stops as well as shows in South America, the US, Canada and Europe.
- In 1990 played an impromptu protest concert out the front of the Exxon headquarters in New Year. The then CEO is now the Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson.
- The Beds Are Burning was their biggest international hit. Back in 1988.
- Known mostly for their protest music dealing with indigenous australian rights, environmental activism and native title.
- Have had backlash for selling the aboriginal australian experience to white people.
- Performed at the Sydney Olympics closing ceremony in black clothes with "sorry" printed in white. This was a direct response to then Prime Minister John Howard's refusal to apologise to the stolen generation while citing The Beds are Burning as his favourite Oils song.
- Lead signer Peter Garrett is famous for his unashamedly dad dance moves.
- Cite the current political climate as a reason for their return.
I know these guys were big before most of you were born but I grew up with the Oils music on the radio so this is pretty cool.
Source and here
Bill begins by insulting Milo's look.
Milo distances himself from being a conservative.
Insults women but claims its a joke.
Says Lena Dunham is leading the Democratic party and is the problem with the party.
Bill begins to lose his patience with Milo and has to change the subject several times.
Milo embraces that he's a troll.
Bill calls Milo a British F*g
Bottom line Milo doesn't know how to convey his message coherently.
Up and coming R&B crooner Liam Payne paid a visit to Drake's sold-out Boy Meets World Tour in London. The two chart-toppers snapped a pic backstage and shared it on social media which set the internet aflutter with rumors of a collaboration.
Both artists are expected to drop new material soon, but nothing has been announced.
Sources: @OCEANUP. @MTV.
Where's the single @, Liam?
Oh boy. Some of you took my joke and made it racist. Good for you. I was talking about hypocrisy. Being a fuck shit. Jesus.— emma caulfield (@emmacaulfield) February 17, 2017
Pet 🐷 but u have bacon every morning is like having 1 gay friend, but u support gay camps?Easier? Or am I secretly saying gays r 🐷?u fucks— emma caulfield (@emmacaulfield) February 17, 2017
Emma Caulfield, best known as Anya Jenkins from tv show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, tweeted then deleted that having a pet chicken but eating chicken is like having "a" black friend but supporting hate groups. No word on what it's equivalent to if you're black.
She "explained in later tweets that her tweet was actually attempting to "point out the GROSS PERVASIVE racism against black ppl in this country".
So let me get this straight u racists fucks. My ex of hypocrisy is racist because u conclude all black ppl eat 🍗? Would 🐮 made a dif? Ew— emma caulfield (@emmacaulfield) February 17, 2017
To those who don't understand my tweet attempt to point out the GROSS PERVASIVE racism against black ppl in this country. 👀😡😩💤I got nothing.— emma caulfield (@emmacaulfield) February 18, 2017
Okay. I'm deleted my tweet about how gross and hypocritical ppl are about rascism because I was misconstrued. Love & light. Ps, racism=🐷💩— emma caulfield (@emmacaulfield) February 18, 2017
@ThatJenMoseley and please don't call me " white person". I am a person who is white. Seriously I came from humor and love is all.— emma caulfield (@emmacaulfield) February 18, 2017
do you identify as a white or a person that is white ontd?
It's been a really busy month for K-pop scandal wise, so I thought I'd compile some of the bigger ones. I'm sure most of y'all already know what #1 is, but here are four other scandals that have rocked K-entertainment.
5. Drama Says That K-Pop Fans Are Only ATMs.
A k-drama miniseries called Star of the Universe aired recently, which featured a controversial scene in which the celebrity main character’s management criticized him for dating a fan. The dialogue was this:
This caused an uproar after it aired, with Korean netizens divided on the issue. K-pop fans were pissed about the comments, saying that their precious oppars don’t see them as ATMs and truly value them as people. The other camp found the scene truthful and funny, and made fun of k-pop fans who bought gifts for idols. In the end, the former camp won and MBC, the channel that aired the drama, ended up deleting the scene from re-airings of the show. The show also gave rise to both Korean and international netizens referring to fans of any particular idol group as ‘ATMs’.
4. 1st Gen K-Pop Star Get Married...With Fans’ Money?
Former H.O.T. member Moon Hee Jun just got married to his girlfriend of a year, Crayon Pop’s Soyul. What is normally a sweet occasion has been marred by controversy. In the day prior to his wedding, Moon Hee Jun was asked on JTBC’s ‘Sing For You’ about his wedding spending. He reply was:, "I think, 'Why did I save up so much money? I saved up money for this moment.' I'm preparing for my wedding very happily."
His fans took the statement to mean that all of the concerts that he had been hold up til that point was a ploy to get money for his upcoming wedding, and began to cry that he only viewed them as his personal ‘ATMs’. They also began to bash Soyul and other Crayon Pop members for their behavior at some of his concerts, which included bringing outside food in, and laughing and having a good time.
Moon Hee Jun ended up writing a long ass explanation on his fan cafe:
And the statements saying Moon Hee Jun only thought of fans as ATMs? I never thought like that even for a moment, and I'm so sad. I couldn't say anything because I was scared you would misunderstand, starting from when I announced my marriage, to stories about how [Crayon Pop] watched the concert (even though I said it wasn't true, you don't believe me... but what didn't happen, didn't happen ㅠ) and stories about my mother coming to the radio if I tried to explain, so I couldn't say anything. I kept my words because I was afraid my explanations might hurt a fan somehow.
But if I don't say anything because of these reasons to what's being said now, I don't have the confidence to bear through misconceptions the public would have about me as truth. It's probably because I know how painful, how scary that is, that I'm taking courage to write this. I don't think I could get up again if I fell because of misunderstandings...
Also, there was talk about the birthday party. I'm so thankful that you invited me, congratulated with me, and gave me presents. But right now, I've become someone who was forcing presents out from fans. I was looking forward to it because if I don't have performances, it's the one time that I can meet fans, but I think it's better not to have the birthday party. If someone was bothered, it must be the best not to have it at all. ㅠ
I'm scared now even to have concerts. It's unimaginably paintul to think about now being able to stand on stage as a singer, but I'm not confident that I can take more words that say I'm having the concert to prepare for my wedding. I feel like in the end, I'm not able to do anything as a singer. I'm so frustrated and sad. I know very well that fans are pained and exhausted. But I can't take any more pain, either.
I'm scared if you'll believe me or this will be problematic again, and I'm sad that this is happening between a singer and his fans. But I know there are fans who are congratulating my marriage, and I'm so thankful. But something I do want to say after gathering my courage is that people are saying that the reason they're saying these things is really not because I'm getting married, but if I didn't get married, would these things have been said? I ask that you don't twist the singer Moon Hee Jun's 20 years of putting fans first, always thinking of fans, and being passionate about music.
Still, bashing of both him and Soyul continue to this day, with articles covering his wedding having negative comments posted. It’s sad when people don’t understand capitalism.
3. Boys24 Member Says His Fans Breathe Stink
A member of Korean boyband Boys24, a group created from leftover trainees from K-pop agencies, was found to have cursed his fans and ridiculed their hygiene. Hwayoung had this to say about his ATMs:
— DC INSIDE 소년24 갤러리 (@boys27_1) February 8, 2017
Obviously, this did not sit well with either fans, the public, or management. Hwayoung was swiftly kicked out of the group. It’s a strange choice to criticize your fans when you worked for years to debut, only to get your shot on a AKB48/Produce 101 knockoff show after no company would debut you. You’d think the sheer desperateness would make you keep your mouth shut.
Mnet, a Korean music channel specialized in making ridiculous survival shows (i.e. Produce 101, Sixteen, Show Me the Money, Unpretty Rapstar, etc), is currently airing a show called High schoo
l Rapper which is about high school rappers. One of such rappers, Jang Yongjun, was making a buzz on the internet after his appearance. He got a lot of praise for being a good rapper amongst a sea of mediocre kids, to the point that K-hiphop icon Swings was in the process of signing him to his label. Legit 3 hours later this boy’s life was ruined. Some of Jang’s classmates came out to say that he was an iljin (Korean word for bully). This is par for course for young idol trainees, but things turn a TURN. Some netizens found out that Jang was soliciting prostitutes on Twitter.
1. @qwebnm07 I want to pay for prostitution so for the sake of DM's, can we follow each other?
2. @dhshsis Do it with oppa
3. Nuna is too prettyㅋㅋ @thgml0331
One of Jang’s classmates also posted pictures of him asking for him to come beat up his mother:
JYJ: ah f*ck seriously, mom is talking loud on purpose so that dad can hear her and she's making a fuss
Friend: what will you do once you get your transcript?
JYJ: what the f*ck do you want me to do, f*ck I didn't even have my smoke f*ck
Friend: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ find strength...
JYJ: can you come and hit her?
Friend: what are you saying, you assh*le?
JYJ: our mom; come and hit her
Old classmates said that Jang used to smoke in middle school, and that all of the kids were afraid of him. The controversy was so bad that Jang’s father, a member of the National Assembly (which is essentially Korea’s Congress), had to resign from his job!
This year will mark the fifth anniversary of the destruction of T-ara’s career due to a ‘bullying scandal’. Since the scandal was so long ago most K-pop fans don’t know the full story, which you can check out here.
But basically, imagine while on her way out Camilla from 5th Harmony said that the members of the group bullied her, and all of the gifs showing her isolation were used as proof. Imagine that everyone believed Camilla, and thought that she did nothing wrong to deserve her isolation (despite it being well documented that she’s a racist)? Imagine this affecting 5th Harmony’s career so bad that they were no longer welcomed in the United States, and that the general public hated them to the point of leaving death threats to the girls, while Camilla goes on to have a successful career built on her lies?
That’s basically what happened to T-ara five years ago.
The member in question who left was Ryu Hwayoung, who claimed that she was bullied out of the group. Hwayoung went on to become an actress, starring in the acclaimed kdrama Age of Youth. Outside of some small appearances and supporting roles, Hwayoung didn’t have anything to her name. Except the T-ara scandal. The Korean general public, and most international Kpop fans sided with Hwayoung in the scandal, making her a martyr who suffered at the hands of evil T-ara. So, even five years later Hwayoung milked the scandal in order to garner symphaty and to stay relevant. This plan went awry in 2017. When Hwayoung and her twin sister Ryu Hyoyoung appeared on Taxi, a show where guests discuss stuff while riding in a taxi. Apparently, the Ryu sisters were to appear in order to bury the scandal once and for all, but instead went off script and started to whine about how she was bullied five years ago.
At home, a former manager of T-ara’s watched the program. Fed up of the Ryu sisters years of lies, he leaked text messages between Ryu Hyoyoung (the twin, and then member of 5 Dolls (a reminder so y’all don’t get these heffas confused) and then T-ara member Ahreum. Hyoyoung called Ahreum out for being a snitch, and told her she would beat Ahreum's ass so bad that she couldn’t appear on TV anymore.
“Hyoyoung: Areum, it’s Hyoyoung.
Areum: Yes hi!
Hyoyoung: Areum, you have to be thankful and thank people when they take care of you. If you don’t want to get hit, then act properly because word spreads around fast. Don’t gossip around and act cheap. I’m really angry right now, so let’s not see each other, okay?
Hyoyoung: If I misunderstood anything, do you want to meet up and talk? Or do you want to apologize now?
Areum: I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I want to meet and talk with you. I’ve never done anything bad enough to hear words like this.
Hyoyoung: Baby, you should just go away.
Hyoyoung: I’m going to beat the dust off you at ‘Music Bank,’ so just wait.
Hyoyoung: I’m going to scratch your face so you can’t go on broadcast.
Hyoyoung: Hehehe, just you wait.
Hyoyoung: I’m not going to be a singer, so just wait. Dogs only learn when they get hit.
Hyoyoung: Stupid bitch, just wait until I catch up with you.
Hyoyoung: Okay, you’re doing a grrrrreat job at snitching.”
The text messages went viral. Later on both Hyoyoung and Ahreum confirmed the texts to be real, with Ahreum saying on instagram that she would “always protect her precious unnies (T-ara).” More of T-ara’s ex staff came out of the woodworks to confirm that it was Hwayoung who was the problem in the group, and that she was lazy, and often got into conflict with the other members when called out about her behavior. For the first time in five years, the narrative shifted and it was the Ryu sisters who held the blame they rightly deserved for the scandal.
Ryu Hwayoung, tired of the abuse she suffered on Instagram (for only a weekend, which mostly consisted of snake emojis, and nothing compared to the death and rape threats T-ara members received for five years, but I’m ranting…) had this to say to all her “haters”:
“(To all the haters) It seems like what you want is some pathetic official statement saying it’s your fault~ or my fault~ but all of this started from us being young and inexperienced in communicating our feelings five years ago. It seems like you haters won’t be satisfied until we grab each other’s hairs out in a mud slinging fight. The ones that need to watch out are yourselves.”
So, in her opinion, it is best to move on from the scandal, which she milked whenever she or T-ara had something to promote? Regardless, it seems T-ara is finally falling back into favor with both K-netizens and international netizens.