Articles on this Page
- 01/21/17--06:16: _Oliver Hudson comme...
- 01/21/17--06:36: _Bella Hadid Doesn't...
- 01/21/17--07:04: _Panic! At the Disco...
- 01/21/17--07:40: _Celebs Tweet About ...
- 01/21/17--09:06: _A24 will donate a p...
- 01/21/17--10:44: _Derek and Julianne ...
- 01/21/17--10:46: _Jenny Slate at Sund...
- 01/21/17--11:45: _The Vampire Diaries...
- 01/21/17--12:03: _NBC Orders Comedy P...
- 01/21/17--12:13: _The cast of "Black ...
- 01/21/17--14:00: _New posters for the...
- 01/21/17--14:14: _13 Love Stories to ...
- 01/21/17--16:02: _Tinie Tempah drops ...
- 01/21/17--16:16: _Watch Madonna's pow...
- 01/21/17--16:39: _(More!) Celebs Post...
- 01/21/17--16:40: _Director Jon M. Chu...
- 01/21/17--16:40: _Justin Bieber on Th...
- 01/21/17--17:43: _Ashley Wagner would...
- 01/21/17--18:54: _Trump's Inauguratio...
- 01/21/17--20:10: _Aziz Ansari is host...
- 01/21/17--06:16: Oliver Hudson comments on sister Kate and Brad Pitt
- 01/21/17--06:36: Bella Hadid Doesn't Like Seeing Selena Gomez All Up On Her Man
- 01/21/17--07:04: Panic! At the Disco Performs On Fallon; Jimmy Fangirls
- 01/21/17--07:40: Celebs Tweet About the Women's March on Washington
- 01/21/17--10:44: Derek and Julianne Hough Dress as 'La La Land' Lovers
- 01/21/17--10:46: Jenny Slate at Sundance/ Landline Reviews
- 01/21/17--11:45: The Vampire Diaries 8x10 Promo
- 01/21/17--12:13: The cast of "Black Panther on set today (first pictures)
- 01/21/17--14:00: New posters for the final season of Bates Motel
- 01/21/17--14:14: 13 Love Stories to Read Before They're Movies
- 01/21/17--16:02: Tinie Tempah drops new single "Text From Your Ex" featuring Tinashe!
- 01/21/17--16:16: Watch Madonna's powerful speech at the #WomensMarch on Washington
- 01/21/17--16:39: (More!) Celebs Post From the Women's March on Washington
- 01/21/17--16:40: Justin Bieber on The Weeknd's Music: "That Shit's Whack"
- 01/21/17--17:43: Ashley Wagner would like you to stop talking about her age
- 01/21/17--18:54: Trump's Inauguration Ratings are in!!!!!!
- 01/21/17--20:10: Aziz Ansari is hosting SNL tonight.
• Bella isn't over The Weeknd. According to the source, she still loves him.
• The pair are on good terms, but "she is bitter about the romance with Selena.
• Bella doesn't like all the gossip about Selena & The Weeknd
• "It really hurt her seeing Selena be all up on her man. She still feels like they have a connection."
are you bitter about seeing other girls on your man, ontd?
We march to show our struggles are not isolated, but bound together by rainbow thread. I don't rise if you don't rise #WomensMarch— Lena Dunham (@lenadunham) January 21, 2017
NASTY WOMEN UNITE 👭👩👧👧👸🏽👊🏽 #WomensMarch— TINASHE (@Tinashe) January 21, 2017
Are you marching today ontd?
- Cast is: Annette Bening, Greta Gerwig, Elle Fanning, Billy Crudup and Lucas Jade Zumann.
- A24, the studio behind ONTD's favorite movies, will donate a portion of this weekend sales to Planned Parenthood.
- Planned Parenthood is featured in the movie - and they released a trailer featuring Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards.
SOURCE and VIDEO
This was for Nina Dobrev's birthday party.
I still haven't seen it and I probably won't be able to in theaters. Lifesnotfair.gif
So much love and happiness and gratitude for these creatures pic.twitter.com/GsmyvSVUci— jenny slate (@jennyslate) January 21, 2017
source: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Nahnatchka Khan is the showrunner of ABC's Fresh Off the Boat and Kourtney Kang is one of the exec producers
NBC Orders Comedy Pilot From Kourtney Kang, Nahnatchka Khan, Fred Savage https://t.co/5LT4nFGRpk— Variety (@Variety) January 21, 2017
- the comedy pilot is based on Kang's real life
- will explore what it's like to be "the only girl in a mixed race family in the suburbs of Philadelphia"
- Fred Savage will direct
FIRST BLACK PANTHER set pictures shows Chadwick Boseman, Danai Gurira , Lupita Nyong'o & Martin Freeman ! pic.twitter.com/TZfmywAh0P— Best of Marvel (@thebestofmarvel) 21 janvier 2017
IGN has released posters for the upcoming and final season of 'Bates Motel'.
The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin
About: On a stormy winter night, two strangers wait for a flight at the Salt Lake City airport. Ashley Knox is an attractive, successful writer, who is flying East for her much anticipated wedding. Dr. Ben Payne has just wrapped up a medical conference and is also eager to get back East for a slate of surgeries he has scheduled for the following day. When the last outgoing flight is cancelled due to a broken de-icer and a forthcoming storm, Ben finds a charter plane that can take him around the storm and drop him in Denver to catch a connection. And when the pilot says the single engine prop plane can fit one more, if barely, Ben offers the seat to Ashley knowing that she needs to get back just as urgently. And then the unthinkable happens. The pilot has a heart attack mid-flight and the plane crashes into the High Uintas Wilderness-- one of the largest stretches of harsh and remote land in the United States.
Ben, who has broken ribs and Ashley, who suffers a terrible leg fracture, along with the pilot's dog, are faced with an incredibly harrowing battle to survive. Fortunately, Ben is a medical professional and avid climber (and in a lucky break, has his gear from a climb earlier in the week). With little hope for rescue, he must nurse Ashley back to health and figure out how they are going to get off the mountain, where the temperature hovers in the teens. Meanwhile, Ashley soon realizes that the very private Ben has some serious emotional wounds to heal as well. He explains to Ashley that he is separated from his beloved wife, but in a long standing tradition, he faithfully records messages for her on his voice recorder reflecting on their love affair. As Ashley eavesdrops on Ben's tender words to his estranged wife she comes to fear that when it comes to her own love story, she's just settling. And what's more: she begins to realize that the man she is really attracted to, the man she may love, is Ben.
As the days on the mountains become weeks, their survival become increasingly perilous. How will they make it out of the wilderness and if they do, how will this experience change them forever?
Both a tender and page-turning read, The Mountain Between Us will reaffirm your belief in the power of love to sustain us.
Who's starring: Idris Elba is playing the male lead opposite Kate Winslet.
The Engagements by J. Courtney Sullivan
About: The bestselling author of Maine returns with an exhilarating novel about Frances Gerety, the real pioneering ad woman who coined the famous slogan “A Diamond is Forever,” and four unique marriages that will test how true—or not—those words might be.
Evelyn has been married to her husband for forty years, but their son’s messy divorce has put them at rare odds; James, a beleaguered paramedic, has spent most of his marriage haunted by his wife’s family’s expectations; Delphine has thrown caution to the wind and left a peaceful French life for an exciting but rocky romance in America; and Kate, partnered with Dan for a decade, has seen every kind of wedding and has vowed never, ever, to have one of her own. As the stories connect to each other and to Frances’s legacy in surprising ways, The Engagements explores the complicated ins and outs of relationships, then, now, and forever.
Who's starring: The film adaptation hasn't been cast, but Reese Witherspoon will produce.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
About: The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it, no paper notices plastered on lampposts and billboards. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not.
Within these nocturnal black-and-white striped tents awaits an utterly unique, a feast for the senses, where one can get lost in a maze of clouds, meander through a lush garden made of ice, stare in wonderment as the tattooed contortionist folds herself into a small glass box, and become deliciously tipsy from the scents of caramel and cinnamon that waft through the air.
Welcome to Le Cirque des Rêves.
Beyond the smoke and mirrors, however, a fierce competition is under way--a contest between two young illusionists, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood to compete in a "game" to which they have been irrevocably bound by their mercurial masters. Unbeknownst to the players, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will.
As the circus travels around the world, the feats of magic gain fantastical new heights with every stop. The game is well under way and the lives of all those involved--the eccentric circus owner, the elusive contortionist, the mystical fortune-teller, and a pair of red-headed twins born backstage among them--are swept up in a wake of spells and charms.
But when Celia discovers that Marco is her adversary, they begin to think of the game not as a competition but as a wonderful collaboration. With no knowledge of how the game must end, they innocently tumble headfirst into love. A deep, passionate, and magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands.
Their masters still pull the strings, however, and this unforeseen occurrence forces them to intervene with dangerous consequences, leaving the lives of everyone from the performers to the patrons hanging in the balance.
Both playful and seductive, The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern's spell-casting debut, is a mesmerizing love story for the ages.
Who's starring: There hasn't been any casting news yet, but Jane Eyre writer Moira Buffini will pen the script.
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
About: Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him.
Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister’s recent death.
When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself—a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink.
This is an intense, gripping novel perfect for fans of Jay Asher, Rainbow Rowell, John Green, Gayle Forman, and Jenny Downham from a talented new voice in YA, Jennifer Niven.
Who's starring: Elle Fanning is starring, and Miguel Arteta is directing.
Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
About: The story begins in 1962. On a rocky patch of the sun-drenched Italian coastline, a young innkeeper, chest-deep in daydreams, looks out over the incandescent waters of the Ligurian Sea and spies an apparition: a tall, thin woman, a vision in white, approaching him on a boat. She is an actress, he soon learns, an American starlet, and she is dying.
And the story begins again today, half a world away, when an elderly Italian man shows up on a movie studio's back lot—searching for the mysterious woman he last saw at his hotel decades earlier.
What unfolds is a dazzling, yet deeply human, roller coaster of a novel, spanning fifty years and nearly as many lives. From the lavish set of Cleopatra to the shabby revelry of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Walter introduces us to the tangled lives of a dozen unforgettable characters: the starstruck Italian innkeeper and his long-lost love; the heroically preserved producer who once brought them together and his idealistic young assistant; the army veteran turned fledgling novelist and the rakish Richard Burton himself, whose appetites set the whole story in motion—along with the husbands and wives, lovers and dreamers, superstars and losers, who populate their world in the decades that follow.
Gloriously inventive, constantly surprising, Beautiful Ruins is a story of flawed yet fascinating people, navigating the rocky shores of their lives while clinging to their improbable dreams.
Who's starring: Imogen Poots will play Dee Moray, and Sam Mendes will produce and potentially direct the film adaptation.
There have been a ton more posts and photos released since this morning, so here's Madonna, Emma Watson, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Amy Poehler, and more...
So much love, pride, and respect for those who marched. I'm proud to be a woman today, and every day. #WomensMarch— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) January 21, 2017
mods, i know there was a post this morning but a lot has happened throughout the day!
- Crazy Rich Asians will boast an all-Asian cast, and director Jon M. Chu recognizes that it is hard for Asians to break into the industry, so he's casting a wide net in search of new talent
- Jon is holding open casting calls and you can try your luck whether you are from Singapore, Hong Kong, the UK, the US, Australia, etc.
- Post a 2-minute video on Facebook, Twitter or Youtube with the hashtag #crazyrichasianscasting
- Deadline: February 10, 2017
- More info on www.crazyrichasiansmovie.net
will you audition, ONTD?
dont use your outdated slang on me, manny
25 year-old figure skater Ashley Wagner is currently in 3rd place after the short program at U.S. Nationals, behind 17 year-old Karen Chen and Mirai Nagasu.
"I think that this sport focuses on age way too much. I'm so sick of hearing about my age. I'm so sick of it guys. If anybody asks me one more question about my age, I’ll just stop talking. It's ridiculous."
The ladies long program is on NBC at 8EST/5PST!
1. Karen Chen
2. Mirai Nagasu
3. Ashley Wagner
4. 14 year-old Tessa Hong and her butt pads
The Shibutani siblings won overall but only got 2nd in the free dance:
Madison Chock/Evan Bates won the free dance but 2nd overall (with newly resolved sexual tension)
Donald Trump Inauguration Draws 30.6 Million Viewers, Less Than Obama in 2009 https://t.co/uQjTt8Yda3— Variety (@Variety) January 21, 2017
Other tidbits from the Inauguration
- Trump copied the cake from Obama's Inauguration.
- Trump and Malaria are part of the rhythmless nation because their dance as the first couple was awkward and try
- He is still scum.