Articles on this Page
- 01/14/17--16:10: _Cole Sprouse wants ...
- 01/14/17--16:16: _Pewdiepie pays perf...
- 01/14/17--18:21: _Avan Jogia & Zoey D...
- 01/14/17--20:09: _#ZoeSaldana cancels...
- 01/14/17--20:11: _Rooney Mara and Joa...
- 01/14/17--20:14: _Fashion is Dead: Ca...
- 01/14/17--20:20: _Neil Patrick Harris...
- 01/14/17--20:25: _SNL is back with Fe...
- 01/14/17--23:01: _Celebrity Big Broth...
- 01/14/17--23:02: _Peter Quinn (Rupert...
- 01/14/17--23:02: _Why the #1-Rated Sh...
- 01/14/17--23:02: _CBB Day 12: Big Bro...
- 01/15/17--07:42: _Sherlock season fin...
- 01/15/17--08:26: _New Trailer for Iri...
- 01/15/17--08:26: _Sophia Bush Calls O...
- 01/15/17--08:27: _Noah Cyrus, Liam He...
- 01/15/17--08:27: _Michelle Obama Surp...
- 01/15/17--09:35: _Zoe Saldana confirm...
- 01/15/17--09:57: _Weekend Box Office:...
- 01/15/17--11:18: _Ringling Bros. circ...
- 01/14/17--16:10: Cole Sprouse wants an asexual Jughead
- 01/14/17--16:16: Pewdiepie pays performers to dance with a "Death to all Jews" sign
- 01/14/17--18:21: Avan Jogia & Zoey Deutch Split - Four Months Ago
- 01/14/17--20:11: Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix Go on Detox Date
- Producer Barry Sonnenfeld stated that after the original ASOUE film he wanted a more villainous Count Olaf, and felt that only NPH could pull the role off.
- NPH breaks down the four personas found in the first season of Netflix's A Series of Unfortunate Events
- NPH typically spent about 5 1/2 hours having prosthetics applied.
- To get into character he found it useful to apply a cologne scent that embodied Count Olaf, leather and smoke, and would apply it daily.
- An Italian scientist with long grey beard and high-pitched voice.
- Said he chose to go high with Stefano's voice since he played Olaf's natural voice very low and menacingly.
- A "grizzled" sailor who attempts to woo Aunt Josephine.
- NPH stated that Captain Sham was the hardest persona to portray physically.
- Described Captain Sham's voice as Sean Connery with his "teeth about to fall out," with an added sexual element.
- Receptionist to Dr. Orwell.
- NPH wanted Shirley to be "sensual and curvy."
- Described her way of speaking as Bette Davis, 1940's rapid fire.
- Since the show intentionally does not say what year it is, he felt that a classic tone would be better.
- Had a hard time using the bathroom. Easiest part of playing Shirley, however, was running in heels since he previously had practice on Broadway when he starred in Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
discussion post? what did you all think?
- A "grizzled" sailor who attempts to woo Aunt Josephine.
- 01/14/17--20:25: SNL is back with Felicity Jones tonight.
- 01/14/17--23:01: Celebrity Big Brother 2016's Stephanie Davis gives birth
- 01/14/17--23:02: Peter Quinn (Rupert Friend) lives on Late Show
- 01/14/17--23:02: Why the #1-Rated Show on TV Pays Some of the Lowest Cast Salaries
- 01/14/17--23:02: CBB Day 12: Big Brother isnt having it
- 01/15/17--08:26: New Trailer for Irish Independent Film 'My Name Is Emily'
- 01/15/17--08:26: Sophia Bush Calls Out The Media For Clickbait Headlines
- 01/15/17--08:27: Noah Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth, & Wayne Coyne Birthday Party
- 01/15/17--08:27: Michelle Obama Surprises People Recording Goodbye Messages to Her
- 01/15/17--09:35: Zoe Saldana confirms Gamora will be on 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- 01/15/17--09:57: Weekend Box Office: Hidden Figures spends second week at a row at #1
Cole Sprouse in an interview at the TCAs revealed that although Jughead will have romances with women, he fought for and will continue to fight for Jughead to be an asexual as in the comics. He leaves the possibility open by saying that season one may still be a precursor to Jughead's realization of his asexuality. However, ultimately it is in the hands of the writers of the show, to whom he trusts with the world of Riverdale.
"Internet personality" PewDiePie recently posted a video of two performers on Fiverr, a platform where users offer to do designated tasks starting at $5, dancing and holding a sign saying "Death to All Jews," which he paid them to hold.
After many of his viewers were understandably offended, the Nordic trashbag "apologized" by claiming he wasn't antisemitic and that he didn't actually think they would do it, saying that it was just a "funny meme" and he didn't think it would work. He still gave the performers a five-star rating because they did what he asked; their page has since been removed from Fiverr.
This happened just days after he got flack for saying the n-word in another one of his videos.
Do you think genocide is a funny meme, ONTD?
It was reported on Friday that after five years as a couple, Zoey Deutch and Avan Jogia apparently broke up four months ago.
22-year-old Zoey and 24-year-old Avan kept their relationship fairly private and rarely appeared in public together, but did sometimes share joint instagram photos with fans. They will soon be seen onscreen together in the indie film The Year of Spectacular Men, directed by Zoey‘s sister Madelyn Deutch.
The split is described as "amicable", with a source telling E! News that they "remain friends".
*Says she's learning humility from trump election
*Argues that rallying so hard againt trump & his kind caused more people to support him
*Believes that we will be fine as long as we keep fighting for justice
Have you ever made a false equivalence between bullying and calling out racism, xenophobia, homophobia & ablism ONTD?
Rooney Mara & Joaquin Phoenix Leave Detox Spa Together https://t.co/MK2qMTEEMn— E! News (@enews) January 14, 2017
Do you get your colons cleaned on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd date, ONTD?
The runway sure sparkled, thanks to Cameron Dallas! https://t.co/vydkaDPUem— Teen Vogue (@TeenVogue) January 14, 2017
The untalented Viner closed the show featuring mostly social media stars and nepotism babies such as Sophia Richie, Lucky Blue Smith, and the Stallone girls. Austin Mahone also performed music I'm sure you haven't heard. There were a few attendees capable of pulling off a look, namely Avan Jogia and Chen Xue Dong.
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) January 14, 2017
- Musical guest is Sturgill Simpson. (idek)
- Airs at 11:30est/10:30c.
I saw her in Inferno and wooow. Not great.
The day my world became complete.— 🅢🅣🅔🅟🅗🅐🅝🅘🅔 (@Stephdavis77) January 14, 2017
Ive been overwhelmed & so in love with you. Words could never describe..
Thank you for all your support!❤ pic.twitter.com/3bW9FpW101
-Stephanie Davis and Jeremy McConnell met on last years Celebrity Big Brother UK
-They controversially started a relationship in the house while she had a boyfriend (Sam Reece) outside the house
-They resumed their relationship after the show finished but they only lasted a few months
-Stephanie announced her pregnancy around May 2016, Jeremy denied he was the father
-Stephanie gave birth on Friday, Jeremy is reportedly in Thailand on a holiday.
I am delighted that Steph has safely had the baby, of course if he is my son I will absolutely step up and do what I can to support him.— Jeremy McConnell (@JezzaMcConnell) January 14, 2017
Drag him ONTD
ONTD's favorite brooding assassin Peter Quinn (Rupert Friend) stopped by The Late Show to surprise Stephen with his British accent and discuss his character's arc on the new season of Homeland, which premieres on Sunday (!!!)
lol @ his conversation with producers "you're just like the old Quinn, but nothing at all like that"
who's excited for season 6?! i just caught up on 5 over the holidays and I can't believe I waited so long to do so
Uproxx published an article this week pointing out that Andrew Lincoln, the star of televison's highest-rated show, The Walking Dead, was paid $90,000 per episode up until this season - that's roughly half of what Matthew Rhys, the co-lead of the very low-rated FX series The Americans was paid (TWD drew approximately 12 times as many viewers as The Americans during that period). Lincoln's co-star Norman Reedus, who plays fan-favorite Daryl Dixon, was the second-highest-paid actor on the show at $80,000 per episode. That works out to $1.44 million for Lincoln and $1.28 million for Reedus over a 16-episode season.
While that is certainly a lot of money by most people's standards, it is remarkably low compared to the salaries paid to casts of other hit TV shows. In the 2015/2016 TV season, the three main stars of The Big Bang Theory (Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco) earned $22 million each, and Mark Harmon of NCIS earned $16.5 million. Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel were each paid $3 million for just four episodes of The Gilmore Girls revival on Netflix.
The Walking Dead has nearly doubled AMC's advertising revenue since it debuted in 2010 and it is the network's only bona-fide ratings hit. As the highest-rated television show in the coveted 18-49 demographic, it pulls in more advertising money than any other series on TV (and that's not even counting the hundreds of millions of dollars that AMC makes off Walking Dead merchandise). So why the low cast salaries?Uproxx reports:
"Could it be because The Walking Dead is an ensemble cast, and AMC can’t afford exorbitant salaries for so many actors? That’s not the likely answer because the five biggest stars of Game of Thrones — Peter Dinklage, Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, Kit Harrington, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau — all earn[ed] half a million dollars per episode [during the 2015/2016 season].
It’s a very simple reason, really: Game of Thrones absolutely has to have its main cast members to finish out the series run. They are crucial to the ongoing storyline. The Walking Dead, meanwhile, can kill any cast member it wants at any time, meaning that rather than give in to the salary demands of the cast, it can kill off expensive characters at its leisure. Indeed, doing so will not only save the series money, but it may give the show a ratings boost.”
Just before the start of this current seventh season of TWD, Lincoln's salary was finally increased to $650,000 per episode and Reedus' salary to $550,000, likely acknowledging that AMC does consider those two actors, at least, indispensable to the show's success (they are still far behind the GOT cast, however - GOT's main cast have since gotten salary increases to $1.1 million per episode, the same amount that the Big Bang Theory cast is now getting).
While there's been no word on what the other actors on TWD earn, it is thought to be far less than Lincoln and Reedus' salaries - and unlikely to increase by much as AMC can simply threaten to kill off the character of any actor who demands more than they want to pay.
-The newbies are in the house and officially stirring shit up
-Everyone in hell is let loose where they decide to steal food which pisses BB off royally.
-Big Brother practically screams at James to return the food and have everyone else in hell return the food their took OR ELSE!
Final episode of BBC's Sherlock leaked online https://t.co/GmVzXttqSs— The Guardian (@guardian) January 15, 2017
* episode leaked in russian and turkish language yestarday
Emily has been living in a foster home ever since her father was institutionalized after her mother's death. Still, she keeps in touch with him through the birthday cards he sends her every year. As Emily starts at a new school, she catches the attention of her shy classmate Arden. When her father doesn't send a birthday card on her 16th birthday, Emily decides to take matters into her own hands. Enlisting Arden's help, she runs away, and the pair set out on a road trip to break her father out of the psych ward. As their journey progresses, Emily and Arden must depend on each other as they learn about life, love, loss, and letting go.
this looks really cute and i want evanna to have a better career tbh
A few days ago, Sophia penned an essay about no longer searching for 'The One'. The media decided to run with the mention of her divorce, and instead focus on that rather than the letter as a whole.
Sophia took to Twitter to call out numerous news sources about it, including E! news, The Today Show, P*rez Hilton and US Weekly.
@WetpaintTV nope. Your clickbait is gross. My article is about ME Zane my life experiences. What I've learned. Not a man I didn't name.— Sophia Bush (@SophiaBush) January 12, 2017
you go girl. i don't blame her for wanting the headlines changed. she doesn't even name him in the article.
Wayne Coyne, 56, Liam Hemsworth ,27, and Noah Cyrus ,17 celebrated their birthdays together in a N.W.L birthday party straight out of Compton.
Nothing better than a group of white people in grills, wearing Compton shirts, and gold chains.
- During the GG red carpet, Zoe Saldana confirmed she'll be part of Infinity War.
- She hasn't seen a script yet.
- Karen Gillan (Nebula) is also confirmed to be part of Infinity War. Makes sense since they're both Thanos's daughters.
- No word yet about the other Guardians.
Full video @ the source.
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
source 1source 2
What did you watch this weekend, ONTD?
"The Greatest Show on Earth" is coming to an end in May 2017 after 146 years of performances. Kenneth Feld, CEO of Ringling's parent company Feld Entertainment, released the following statement:
"After much evaluation and deliberation, my family and I have made the difficult business decision that Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® will hold its final performances in May of this year. Ringling Bros. ticket sales have been declining, but following the transition of the elephants off the road, we saw an even more dramatic drop. This, coupled with high operating costs, made the circus an unsustainable business for the company.
Nearly 50 years ago, my father founded our company with the acquisition of Ringling Bros. The circus and its people have continually been a source of inspiration and joy to my family and me, which is why this was such a tough business decision to make. The decision was even more difficult because of the amazing fans that have become part of our extended circus family over the years, and we are extremely grateful to the millions of families who have made Ringling Bros. part of their lives for generations. We know Ringling Bros. isn’t only our family business, but also your family tradition.
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus XTREME will conclude its tour at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence, R.I., on May 7, 2017, and Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Out Of This World will conclude its tour at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, N.Y., on May 21, 2017. We hope you will come to celebrate this American icon for one last time before our tours conclude.
Our company provides quality, live family entertainment, and we invite you to bring your family to one of our other events, including Marvel Universe LIVE!, Monster Jam, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!, as well as future productions.
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey has served as inspiration for all of the live entertainment produced at Feld Entertainment. We learned from the circus, and applied those learnings to our other productions. Without Ringling Bros., we wouldn’t have the vibrant live entertainment company that we have today. Ringling Bros. will always be part of Feld Entertainment, and its spirit will live on in every production and project we do."
PETA released their own statement celebrating the closing:
"As of May, the saddest show on earth for wild animals will end. Thirty-six years of PETA protests, of documenting animals left to die, beaten animals, and much more, has reduced attendance to the point of no return.
All other animal circuses, roadside zoos, and wild animal exhibitors, including marine amusement parks like SeaWorld and the Miami Seaquarium, must take note: society has changed, eyes have been opened, people know now who these animals are, and we know it is wrong to capture and exploit them.
Thank you to everyone who has picked up a protest sign, passed out leaflets, written letters, shared videos, called legislators, spoken to family, and been part of this relentless pursuit of freedom for animals. This would not have happened without you."
After 146 yrs, Ringling Bros will close "Greatest Show on Earth." That title now goes to the daily shitshow coming from the President-elect.— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) January 15, 2017
The closure of Ringling Bros. circus ends 146 years of animal humiliation for human amusement. Good riddance.— Seth MacFarlane (@SethMacFarlane) January 15, 2017
Ringling Bros closing down, but will be replaced by the Pennywise Traveling Terror Tour. Bring the kids! Pennywise has balloons! Hooray!— Stephen King (@StephenKing) January 15, 2017