Articles on this Page
- 12/21/16--11:09: _Duchess of Cambridg...
- 12/21/16--11:40: _First Look: Outland...
- 12/21/16--11:58: _The Flash | New Promo
- 12/21/16--12:02: _Starz releases open...
- 12/21/16--12:14: _Vox: The Man in the...
- 12/21/16--12:20: _Stevie Wonder - Fai...
- 12/21/16--15:54: _Tabloid Cover Wedne...
- 12/21/16--17:56: _Casting call confir...
- 12/21/16--17:56: _Evan Rachel Wood Al...
- 12/21/16--17:58: _Comic book Roundup
- 12/21/16--18:24: _Inside Camila Cabel...
- 12/21/16--19:32: _Your girl Keke Palm...
- 12/21/16--20:10: _Mariah Carey acting...
- 12/21/16--20:48: _ONTD Original: Apol...
- 12/21/16--21:02: _Drag Race XMas Roun...
- 12/21/16--21:04: _Passengers director...
- 12/21/16--21:31: _Celine Dion Says No...
- 12/21/16--21:46: _Cindy Brady 'Apolog...
- 12/21/16--22:17: _Celebs React to 'Pa...
- 12/22/16--11:08: _16 and Pregnant Sta...
- 12/21/16--11:09: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton becomes patron of Wimbledon
- 12/21/16--11:40: First Look: Outlander Season 3
- 12/21/16--11:58: The Flash | New Promo
- 12/21/16--12:02: Starz releases opening scene from Black Sails S4 premiere
- 12/21/16--12:20: Stevie Wonder - Faith ft. Ariana Grande. Music Video!!!
- 12/21/16--15:54: Tabloid Cover Wednesday
- 12/21/16--17:56: Casting call confirms Avengers cast, including OP!
- 12/21/16--17:56: Evan Rachel Wood Allegedly Dating Her Bandmate/Costar
- 12/21/16--17:58: Comic book Roundup
- Keys of Christmas is a Youtube Red movie
- Mariah is the executire producer
- Her acting is ok (inbetween her terrible acting in last year's christmas movie and Glitter)
- 12/21/16--21:31: Celine Dion Says No To Performing At Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Steve Wynn, trump supporter and friend of Donald Trump, allegedly said he would be able to get Céline to play at Trump's inauguration
- He didn't fulfill his promise
- Steve also allegedly tried to book Garth Brooks but he declined as well
- Trump is having a hard time booking A listers
- She thanks fans for support and love
- She wishes health, happiness, and peace
- 12/21/16--21:46: Cindy Brady 'Apologizes' to the LGBT Community
- 12/21/16--22:17: Celebs React to 'Painfully Awkward' Jerry Lewis Interview
- 12/22/16--11:08: 16 and Pregnant Star Valerie Fairman Dead at 23
* The Duchess of Cambridge will take over as patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (AELTC)
* Queen Elizabeth II has been patron of the ALETC since 1952, but it was announced today, that she is stepping down from 25 patronages including the Wimbledon tennis club
* The Queen is currently the patron of 628 charities and organisations
It looks like things are going to be a little different from the books. I just started the third book and am curious to see how things change. I'll be sad if anything happens to my fav Murtagh.
Check out this 3.5 minute clip from the S4 premiere of Black Sails, Wherein Flint and Silver flirt relentlessly as they discuss the war, and your OP loses her shit and dies.
I literally actually genuinely can not handle this. I'm beyond resuscitation, just go on without me
The Man in the High Castle season 2 is everything you feared a TV show about Nazis would be https://t.co/7AQHEr60rZ— Vox (@voxdotcom) December 19, 2016
A brief summary of the article:
- In changing showrunners, The Man in the High Castle completely lost its sharpest themes
- Season 2’s most prominent new storytelling device also undercuts the show’s best ideas
- Amazon has stopped trying to make quality TV. Instead, it wants to make TV that looks like quality TV.
TBH, I AGREE. Maybe not the worst but definitely the most disappointing IMO.
- I ragequit after my bb Frank died. YOU DESERVED BETTER BOO.
- I do not give a flying fuck about Joe Nazi Bland and the fact that the show wants us to see him as a romantic lead is downright offensive
- I don't care for Juliana
- Tagomi and Kido are great but they are too good for this show.
Have any of your watched it? remember, thoughts / comments go behind a spoiler cut please :)
Favorite Stevie Wonder songs?
A new casting call confirms the Guardians of the Galaxy, OG Avengers, Dr Strange & Wong, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ant Man, Bucky, Vision, Wanda, Nick Fury, Maria. Spiderman still unknown.
ONTD have you been cast in Avengers 3/4 yet?
Evan Rachel wood was seen holding hands with actor/musician Zach Villa. Supposedly they were canoodling at the Critics Choice Awards and were also papped at the airport. They met while doing a musical cabaret about John Hughes in LA; Evan previously dated another cast member from that play as well.
This year they started a band called Rebel and a Basketcase, based on the characters from The Breakfast Club.
Do you date your coworkers?
-Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 11 #2
-Green Arrow #13
-Justice League #11
-Justice League Vs Suicide Squad #1 (Of 6)
-Jem And The Misfits #1
-Amazing Spider-Man #22
-Black Panther World Of Wakanda #2
-Uncanny X-Men #16
Karla's Kamp lowkey pays Billboard to make 5H look like evil harpees who will never make it but some interesting points:
- 5H's recording contracts are structured as individual solo deals, allowing them to make music both as a unit and on their own but tension has been rising since Cabello started pushing her solo career outside the group
- The label and group had an idea to search for a new singer to replace Karla via reality TV show but that was shot down quick
- Karla and the Cabellos wanted to put 5H on a hiatus so she could further her solo career and 5H wasn't having it because they had to strike while the iron was hot
- 7 million US digital downloads sold, 1.6 billion US on demand streams as of Dec 15 according to Nielson
- Simon wanted to keep it going as long as possible too but eventually he relented to Karla leaving
- Billboard believes Karla can be a break out superstar saying she stood out from the rest of the members
- Epic Records has been planning a Cabello solo and had sessions booked for her since January, putting her with hitmakers like Benny Blanco and Diplo etc.
- the first solo single could be out as soon as March or April with an album to follow in the summer
- Fifth Harmony's album sales for 7/27 was actually lower than Reflection so Billboard says the safer bet for Epic might be to throw their weight behind Karla instead of putting out a third Fifth Harmony album ie: kill the 3rd album and 5H along with it
- somebody says the song is so important in terms of success for pop stars these days (well duh look at Hailee) that if they can continue to put out hit songs they'd be fine but who knows
Source: billboard official twitter
So LA Reid has until the end of Dec to decide if they're going to blow up 4th Harmony for Camila or give them one more album.
ONTD is this truly the end of 5th Harmony??????? And is Billboard right: does Karla have what it takes to become the next big superstar?
Where is her oscar tbh!
Lena Dunham is known by now for living life thinking it's better to beg for forgiveness than to shut her piehole and not say dumb things. She's often saying stuff she ends up apologizing for, 24h or less depending on how much of a backlash she receives. These are seven times Miss Dunham has proven she's not one to learn from her mistakes in the past 4 years.
01. The One With the rape and murder victim Halloween costume idea
BFFs Mindy Kailing, BJ Novak and Lena were doing the celebrity thing where they discuss shit they could easily take to texting about Halloween costumes, and Mindy suggested they go as the West Memphis Three. Lena thought it was edgy and super fun to suggest they go as serial killers Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka while she goes as Karla's sister, who was raped and killed by the two.
The original tweet:
Human beings with some basic sense of decency obviously were not here for Lena's disgusting joke and she got a lot of heat. The apology came through a series of tweets that I put together bellow:
The boundaries of comedy are complicated and I'm learning twitter isn't the place to explain or even test them. I obviously don't find rape or murder funny, rather the concept of a trio of hapless people in poor taste halloween costumes. Generally not a proponent of apologizing for one's work but that tweet wasn't my work-- it was as throwaway as most 140 character thoughts. Obviously didn't understand what a painful part of the Canadian identity the Bernardo/Homolka case was. Saw a TV movie w/ Laura Prepon. Part of the reason I was so concerned is that I've always dreamed of retiring to Canada #Canadaphile.
02. The One With the Muslim Veil
Lena posted this picture (now deleted) on her instagram:
Which obviously led to people calling her out, to which Lena apologized with:
Been in production and completely not reading the news. Didn't realize what a bad time it was to make a joke like that. Not a good excuse you guys, but an excuse nonetheless. I'm glad you keep me informed and I'm deleting those tweets. Will spend tonight reading my pile of old NY Times, contemplating the boundaries of humor. I try and learn something new every day. xxLena.
03. The One With the sexual predator joke
In her book Not that kind of girl Lena describes her relationship with younger sister Grace when they were kids. She goes on to talk about how she offered her sister candy if she could kiss her on the lips for five seconds, and goes on to describe such act as 'basically anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl'. She also talks about how she would carefully spread open her sister's legs just 'cause she was curious.
Obviously such info was met with disgust and people started calling Lena out for being such a creep, to which she apologized with the following statement:
Childhood sexual abuse is a life-shattering event for so many, and I have been vocal about the rights of survivors. If the situations described in my book have been painful or triggering for people to read, I am sorry, as that was never my intention. I am also aware that the comic use of the term 'sexual predator' was insensitive, and I’m sorry for that as well.
But upon all the negative press, Lena also had this to say on twitter:
Usually this is stuff I can ignore but don't demean sufferers, don't twist my words, back the fuck up bros. I told a story about being a weird 7 year old. I bet you have some too, old men, that I'd rather not hear.
Well, congratulations on being as creepy as them old men, I suppose.
04. The One With the Bill Cosby-Holocaust comparison
Judd Apatow was called obsessed about the Bill Cosby case, and Lena said if being obsessed meant trying to bring justice to the women who were victims, "bring on the obsession." Then she went on about how saying this about Judd was like saying someone was obsessed with the Holocaust, and also used Chris Rock as an example of an "incredible guy who has a strong sense of social justice" but who basically said "We'll see" about the alegations.
People weren't happy with Lena's choice of words but apparently it wasn't that big of a deal so she managed to pull out a half-assed excuse on her instagram and call it a day:
Additionally I'm already aware comparing Bill Cosby to the Holocaust wasn't my best analogy. With Love from your special rape-hating Jew friend LENA.
05. The One With the websites & physically abusive husbands
Another case that proves Lena should just quit using analogies, she explained she no longer runs her twitter account after being body-shamed by certain websites (Gawker and Jezebel). To get her point across, she says reading them is "literally like going back to a husband who beats me in the face, it doesn't make sense."
Obviously people weren't having it, and she issued yet another apology through a now deleted instagram post:
When I heard my own quote I was like ‘Jesus, Lena, no.' I wasn't making a joke about domestic violence—I was over-emphatic in my attempt to capture how damaging the Internet can be (not just to celebrities). When I first discovered the world wide web as a teenager it felt like salvation. I've met a lot of my best friends there. It's allowed for so much magic. But it also makes room for so much hate and a new kind of violence. I'm not the first to say it. I shan't be the last.
06. The One With Odell Beckahm Jr.
I'm sure this one is still fresh in your memories but in case it's not, what happened was that in a pretty sad display of projection, Miss Dunham wrote an essay where she assumed these were Odell's thoughts on her:
- She wasn't the shape of a woman "by his standards"
- He was confused by her looks as a whole
- He kept checking his instagram instead of looking at her
- The vibe was 'Do I want to fuck it?' - It being Lena
I personally find this one case pretty sad because the projection is strong as fuck here, and some people (including Roxane Gay) seemed to understand Lena but still called her out. Her apology through instagram was:
I owe Odell Beckham Jr an apology. Despite my moments of bravado, I struggle at industry events (and in life) with the sense that I don't rep a certain standard of beauty and so when I show up to the Met Ball surrounded by models and swan-like actresses it's hard not to feel like a sack of flaming garbage. This felt especially intense with a handsome athlete as my dinner companion and a bunch of women I was sure he'd rather be seated with. But I went ahead and projected these insecurities and made totally narcissistic assumptions about what he was thinking, then presented those assumptions as facts. I feel terrible about it. Because after listening to lots of valid criticism, I see how unfair it is to ascribe misogynistic thoughts to someone I don't know AT ALL. Like, we have never met, I have no idea the kind of day he's having or what his truth is. But most importantly, I would never intentionally contribute to a long and often violent history of the over-sexualization of black male bodies- as well as false accusations by white women towards black men. I'm so sorry, particularly to OBJ, who has every right to be on his cell phone. The fact is I don't know about his state of mind (I don't know a lot of things) and I shouldn't have acted like I did. Much love and thanks, Lena
07. The One with the abortion wish
The most recent case happened this week, when during a podcast Lena thought it was appropriate (cute? quirky? charming?) to say she wishes she'd had an abortion. This was met with major backlash by pro-choicers and pro-lifers alike and Lena yet again issued an apology via instagram:
My latest podcast episode was meant to tell a multifaceted story about reproductive choice in America, to explain the many reasons women do or don't choose to have children and what bodily autonomy really means. I'm so proud of the medley of voices in the episode. I truly hope a distasteful joke on my part won't diminish the amazing work of all the women who participated. My words were spoken from a sort of "delusional girl" persona I often inhabit, a girl who careens between wisdom and ignorance (that's what my TV show is too) and it didn't translate. That's my fault. I would never, ever intentionally trivialize the emotional and physical challenges of terminating a pregnancy. My only goal is to increase awareness and decrease stigma. I take reproductive choice in America more seriously than I take literally anything else, and therefore own full responsibility for any words I speak that don't convey this truth clearly. I know plenty of people will never like a thing that leaves my lips, mea culpas or no, but this apology is for the women who have placed their trust in me. You mean everything to me. My life is and always will be devoted to reproductive justice and freedom. You know how in some households you curse and have to put money in a jar? Well in mine, if you mess up your pro-choice messaging you have to give a sizable donation to abortion funds (https://abortionfunds.org/need-abortion) in New York, Texas and Ohio 💰I look forward to fighting with you all for the next four years and beyond.
sources: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Do you apologize often, ONTD?
And what do you think Lena will be apologizing for in 2017? Place your bets!
Source 1 | 2 | 3 |
Passengers director Morten Tyldum says that people identify with characters who make questionable moral choices.
He goes on to say that he would have done what Chris Pratt's character does in the film, and he believes most people would also do the same thing.
Morten says that as soon as you understand the reasoning of Chris Pratt's character, it doesn't become so creepy anymore.
Chris Pratt's character wakes Jennifer Lawrence's character up out of deep space sleep because he is hornely.
Would you do what Chris Pratt's character does in the movie?
With that said, here's a holiday message from Celine
SOURCES : 1 / 2
Brady Bunch actress Susan Olsen, who played "the one in curls" Cindy, has written an apology for "hurting the LGBT community that I love so much".
In case you missed this post, LA Talk Radio fired Olsen after she sent private Facebook messages to openly gay actor Leon Acord-Whiting calling him a "lying faggot", "the biggest faggot ass in the world and the biggest pussy" and a "cunt" because she was angry that he had written an open letter criticizing the station for allowing her to spread untrue statements about Hilary Clinton, liberals and Muslims in her pro-Trump rants on the talk show Two Chicks Talkin' Politics (she also posted a Tweet declaring that "No nadless fairly [sic] will DARE to point his finger at me!" but deleted it after being criticized and has since deleted her Twitter account.) Acord-Whiting shared her messages on his public page, and LA Talk Radio issued a statement saying they would "not tolerate hateful speech" and had terminated her position.
Now Olsen has issued a Facebook apology to the LGBTQ community in which she claims that it is "hilarious" that anyone would take her statements as homophobia. She also wants people to know that the uproar and firing is really just about her support of Trump:
Olsen did not respond to requests by LGBTQ Nation to explain what she meant by "the real LGBT community". When asked on Facebook to comment on Olsen's apology, Acord-Whiting responded, "If she actually issues a genuine apology, I'll comment on it. Alas, I'm still waiting."
Hollywood Reporter editor Andy Lewis attempted to interview "notoriously difficult" comedian Jerry Lewis about still being in show business at age 90, and the result was what THR is now calling "7 Painfully Awkward Minutes with Jerry Lewis".
Celebrities have been Tweeting their reactions:
Ms. Fairman was found unresponsive in the bathroom of a friend's home. Her death is currently under investigation by the coroner's office.
She appeared in Season 2 of '16 and Pregnant' and has struggled with substance abuse. She was arrested in 2015 on prostitution charges. She is survived by her 7 year old daughter.