Articles on this Page
- 12/15/16--15:14: _'Lost' Pop! Vinyls ...
- 12/15/16--15:28: _Male Privilege Stri...
- 12/15/16--16:01: _New comedy "Superio...
- 12/15/16--16:04: _Trailer for 'Kedi'
- 12/15/16--17:25: _9 movies longlisted...
- 12/15/16--17:57: _"Haters Back Off" r...
- 12/15/16--19:50: _Unsolved Mysteries ...
- 12/15/16--20:01: _rita ora's antm top...
- 12/15/16--20:13: _Jennifer Lawrence a...
- 12/16/16--08:55: _Kimberley Walsh giv...
- 12/16/16--08:58: _Celebrities give ad...
- 12/16/16--09:15: _Falsettos Revival C...
- 12/16/16--09:16: _Margaret Cho Got a ...
- 12/16/16--09:19: _ONTD ORIGINAL: Opra...
- 12/16/16--09:28: _Batshit Russian Rea...
- 12/16/16--09:43: _johnny weir talks y...
- 12/16/16--09:58: _ONTD Roundup
- 12/16/16--10:45: _Trailer for "Mary a...
- 12/16/16--10:45: _Rooney Mara and Jon...
- 12/16/16--10:46: _Taylor Swift | Zayn...
- 12/15/16--15:14: 'Lost' Pop! Vinyls Set To Be Released Next Year
- 12/15/16--16:01: New comedy "Superior Donuts" gets a special Feb 2 premiere
- 12/15/16--16:04: Trailer for 'Kedi'
- 12/15/16--17:57: "Haters Back Off" renewed for a second season on Netflix
- Colleen Ballinger, the actress/comedian/singer behind Miranda Sings, took to YouTube and Twitter to announce that her Netflix show Haters Back Off got renewed for a second season.
- Colleen and her brother Chris are also the creators and executive producers of the show.
- 12/15/16--19:50: Unsolved Mysteries is coming to streaming services!!!!!
- 12/15/16--20:01: rita ora's antm tops last season's ratings
- 12/16/16--08:55: Kimberley Walsh gives birth to baby #2
- 12/16/16--08:58: Celebrities give advice to their younger selves
- 12/16/16--09:15: Falsettos Revival Cast Recording Gets The Beyoncé Drop
- Margaret Cho got a call from Tilda Swinton, who didn'tunderstand why people were mad at her over the Doctor Strange casting controversy.
- Cho makes sure Swinton knows she never should have taken the role.
- Swinton responded with she was producing movie which had The Walking Dead's Steven Yeun in it (!!!!!!), thus pulling out the Hollywood equivalent of "I have a black friend."
- Swinton told Cho not to tell anyone about the conversation. Margaret doesn't give a fuck.
- 12/16/16--09:28: Batshit Russian Reality Show To Allow Rape And Murder
- 12/16/16--09:43: johnny weir talks yuri!!! on ice
- 12/16/16--09:58: ONTD Roundup
- Donald Trump taps Sylvester Stallone for "arts" position in his administration
- Scott Baio Allegedly Attacked by Wife of RHCP Drummer
- WWE Wrestler posts picture of his Christmas tree... doesn't notice porn is on TV in the shot
- Official Trailer for 'Kedi'
- Passengers movie reviews are BAD – Is this Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt’s first bomb?
- Ryan Reynolds Honored With Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Twelve Days of ONTD: Day 11
- 12/16/16--10:45: Rooney Mara and Jonah Hill in talks to join new Gus Van Sant drama
- 12/16/16--10:46: Taylor Swift | Zayn - I Don't Want to Live Forever (Lyric Video)
Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Hurley, Jacob, and the Man in Black are all in the first wave set to be released in February 2017. If the first wave is a big hit, expect to see more Lost characters be turned into Pops!
Just an excuse to talk about Lost tbh
First-time film director Alex Timbers is in negotiations to direct Disney’s live-action adaptation, focusing on the origin story of Cruella de Vil.
Emma Stone is supposedly set to star as the lead.
Timbers co-created 'Mozart in the Jungle' and directed theater, but has zero experience in directing film or TV.
Disney is constantly willing to trust men with little to no experience to direct their movies.
CBS Sets ‘Superior Donuts’ Premiere Date https://t.co/wSOO5v24pT— Variety (@Variety) December 15, 2016
- Based on the play by Tracy Letts, “Superior Donuts”
- Stars comedian Jermaine Fowler and Judd Hirsch
- Supporting actors are Katey Sagal, David Koechner, Maz Jobrani, Anna Baryshnikov, Darien Sills-Evans and Rell Battle.
- Special premiere episode will air after The Big Bang Theory on Feb 2
- Then it will move to Mondays starting Feb 6
ugh i love this cast but a multicam sitcom with a tv audience laugh track in 2017?!! :( hope it's fun tho...
Hundreds of thousands of Turkish cats roam the metropolis of Istanbul freely. For thousands of years they’ve wandered in and out of people’s lives, becoming an essential part of the communities that make the city so rich. Claiming no owners, the cats of Istanbul live between two worlds, neither wild nor tame –and they bring joy and purpose to those people they choose to adopt. In Istanbul, cats are the mirrors to the people, allowing them to reflect on their lives in ways nothing else could.
Critics and internet cats agree - this cat documentary will charm its way into your heart and home as you fall in love with the cats in Istanbul. This film is a sophisticated take on your typical cat video that will both dazzle and educate.
Australia, “Tanna,” Bentley Dean, Martin Butler, directors;
Canada, “It’s Only the End of the World,” Xavier Dolan, director;
Denmark, “Land of Mine,” Martin Zandvliet, director;
Germany, “Toni Erdmann,” Maren Ade, director;
Iran, “The Salesman,” Asghar Farhadi, director;
Norway, “The King’s Choice,” Erik Poppe, director;
Russia, “Paradise,” Andrei Konchalovsky, director;
Sweden, “A Man Called Ove,” Hannes Holm, director;
Switzerland, “My Life as a Zucchini,” Claude Barras, director.
Final five will be chosen next month with the rest of the Oscar nods.
- rita ora's antm opened with better ratings than season 22
- the mogul-supermodel-megastar's show outperformed the last season's premiere, as well as the season's finale
- the monday night’s premiere drew 1.7 million total viewers
- last season finale only drew 1.2 million viewers
The gift that keeps on giving: Passengers promo! Highlights:
- The stars are trying their hardest to convince people this movie is perfect: "...critics are saying [Passengers] is the greatest movie in the history of time."
- Pratt talks about where he's from and Jen falls asleep
- Is Chris Pratt dead? "Only on the inside," he says.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Quitting Hollywood? (Which one of you searched this?)
I added the source link, sorry! YouTube comments are trash as usual, w/ the most liked comments asking about the fappening. Ugh :/
We have another beautiful baby boy 👶🏽💙🎉 couldn't be happier 😍— Kimberley Walsh (@KimberleyJWalsh) 14 December 2016
Girls Aloud former bandmember and Cheryl's gal pal Kimberley Walsh has given birth to her second son with husband Justin Scott.
Cole Jacob Scott
Bobby's baby brother has a name! Cole Jacob Scott and we are all in love! 💙💙#myboys— Kimberley Walsh (@KimberleyJWalsh) 16 December 2016
Ontd, would you name your son after your bff's former last name?
Seth Meyers:"Don't get a day job"
Nicole Kidman:"Be happy"
Emma Stone: "Stop with the self tanner"
Reese Witherspoon:"Not to wear tan hose"
Victoria Beckham: "Your skin is going to clear up and it's all going to be fine"
Taylor Swift: "You're going to date just like a normal twenty-something should be allowed to, but you're going to be a national lightning rod for slut shaming"
James Corden: "That it's just school, it'll be over soon, and a lot of those people are just dicks"
Kendall Jenner:"Don't wear that"
ONTD, what advice would you give your younger self?
y'all, this CAST
LOL JESUS WEPT.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Getting gift for people is tough. What do you get the brother that has everything he can ever want? What do you get your aunt that has the latest version of any technology?
Luckily, Neiman Marcus and God herself, Oprah, who is famous for having a TV show, being the richest person in the world basically, and having her own magazine, has compiled a list of presents that you can buy your loved ones!
Pop quiz, hotshot. You're supposed to be rich enough to afford these things but you were too busy reading Playdude to realize that you're broke. What do you do? What do you do?
Luckily for you, I am keeping tradition alive by compiling a list showing you what the holiday spirit means to Neiman Marcus and the not so expensive equivalentb.
For Your Niece:
CURATED COLLECTION OF 36 CALDECOTT MEDAL—WINNING CHILDREN'S BOOKS
Give your niece this lovely collection of 36 first edition children's books! Books like Jumanji, My Friend Rabbit, and The Polar Express can collect dust and crayon marks for absolutely reasonable price of 100,000 clams.
A LIBRARY CARD
There's nothing quite like going irl outside to the library and borrowing the above mentioned children's books with your niece and showing her the great books you grew up with! Maybe the two of you can discover books you both may like!
For Your Mom:
OPRAH'S POINSETTIA FLOWER POT CAKE
When you're completely out of ideas to what to get for your mom, get her what every mother wants. Food. While the flowers are edible, there's nothing that says "I put in little effort into buying you a present so I got you this expensive ass cake."
MAKE YOUR OWN
Make a cake for your mom since getting her anything else is apparently not an option? It's not hard to bake a cake. You can even use boxed cake and frosting! Your mom would understand because if you're getting her a cake, her expectations for you are way down there. Or lie to her.
For Your Uncle
EIGHT INCH SALT AND PEPPER MILLS
Price: $38, each
Your uncle only eat the finest of pepper, taken only from God's garden in Peru and Vietnam. Pepper that robust needs only the finest pepper mill. Luckily for your uncle, Le Creuset offers this pepper mill that has been obviously sharpened by Excalibur itself.
MORTON AND MCCORMACK SALT AND PEPPER SHAKERS
Send a passive aggressive message to your uncle to invest in real spices.
For Your Sister:
DE'LONGHI LIVENZA ALL DAY GRILL
Get your little sister this grill, it's perfect for dorm life! While it replaces three different appliances and can make great Belgian waffles with the recipe she got from her Belgian classmate, she's just gonna use it to make quesadillas and maybe warm up last night's pizza that was left out overnight but then again she can't be bothered to warm up pizza because she's so hung over. Maybe a grilled cheese to impress that girl she's trying to holler at that's passed out on her couch. Nah, room temp pizza is fine.
HAMILTON BEACH BREAKFAST SANDWICH MAKER
Because your sister was never going to make those waffles anyway and she's hungry and broke (like you!) and the football team lost so she can't get that free sandwich from McDo.
For your Wife:
EXCLUSIVE GRAMMY AWARDS EXPERIENCE
Tell your wife you hate her by sending her to the Grammys. On the bright side, she will see tons of musical celebrities, like Rihanna, Britney Spears, something called Pentatonix, Bruno Mars, and Justin Timberlake for some reason.
LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE
Price: Not 500,000 dollars.
Seriously, you hate her?
Source/Links to Buy!
NM- Children's Book
Find Your Local Library
Oprah's Poinsettia Pot Cake
Oprah's Salt and Pepper Mills
Salt and Pepper Shakers
Oprah's All Day Grill
Hamilton Beach Sandwich Maker
NM- Grammy Experience
Anything else for your wife
- Game2: Winter will strand 30 contestants in the -104F (-40C) [sic] Siberian wilderness for nine months with the surviving winner receiving a $1.6m prize. It will stream 24/7 online.
- “Each contestant gives consent that they could be maimed, even killed,” reads an advert. “2000 cameras, 900 hectares and 30 lives. Everything is allowed. Fighting, alcohol, murder, rape, smoking, anything.”
- Contestants will each sign a waiver acknowledging that they might be raped or killed but the rules also state that police are free to arrest anyone who commits a crime on the show. “You must understand that the police will come and take you away,” the rules state. “We are on the territory of Russia, and obey the laws of the Russian Federation.”
- Contestants will be placed in a landscape where bears and wolves are likely to be living. According to the Siberian Times, knives will be allowed yet guns are forbidden. The show is the brainchild of entrepreneur Yevgeny Pyatkovsky who says he “will refuse any claim of participants even if they were to be killed or raped”.
- There won’t be a crew but rather 2,000 cameras dotted around the area. Each contestant will also have their own personal recording device. Willing participants need to be 18 and “mentally sane” to compete.
- “The show promises to be international,” Pyatkovsky said. “Five countries have already expressed the desire to broadcast it for their audiences.”
- He claims that 60 people have already applied, including one American.
+ Yuri on Ice has become the unexpected smash hit online; a sports anime that delves into the high-pressure world of professional figure skating, offers multifaceted characters with believable motivations and flaws, and delicately wove throughout the first season a respectfully handled, beautifully portrayed LGBT love story and it’s been a surprise hit among professional figure skaters as well.
Director Sayo Yamamoto credited you for capturing their interest in figure skating with your performance of Poker Face, and you’ve clearly been an inspiration to the story itself. How did it feel seeing the show pay tribute to you by having Victor at the top of the podium in a version of a costume you’d designed for the 2006 Olympics, and the flower crown you sported at the 2010 Olympics?
[...] I am very honored that the production team has taken some inspiration not just from me, but from the skating world. There are so many details that pop up that wouldn’t mean anything to a casual skating fan, but to us as skaters who actually lived it, you can see so much respect for our world and what we do through the animations and story lines. Even down to the way certain hotels look. It’s very special.
You stated on Twitter that things would have been different for you as a 20-something skater, with a show like Yuri on Ice on the air. Now we’re seeing current competitors and legends like yourself embrace the show. Do you think that the show’s LGBT themes and depiction of a world where queer athletes are celebrated for their abilities without bias could have an impact on the culture surrounding figure skating?
[...] I think all positive imagery of LGBT themes in sport are good. Unfortunately, the majority of people that rule the skating world are conservative and more business minded. I think many of them, while they may love and appreciate the art and the sport, are more interested in the business side of things or power trips. I don’t know if “Yuri on Ice” will be able to change the perception of gay athletes to a 60 year old businessman, but I am of the school of thought that every little bit helps.
When I was competing, despite being very gay, I wanted my skating to speak for itself and have it judged purely on merit not on the circus that is me. Being gay had as much to do with my performances as muscle cars or giraffes. I dedicated my life to my sport and wanted to be judged and appreciated for my performances alone. I like seeing that quality from Yuri-kun too.
+ You can catch Johnny on NBC Sports at the real Grand Prix Final on December 18, before tuning in for Yuri’s GPF during the finale on December 21.
sources:twitter / full interview
For Thursday, December 15, 2016:
Veteran filmmakers of Studio Ghibli create "Mary and the Witch's Flower" under Studio Ponoc. "Mary" follows a girl after she discovers a witch's broom in the woods and is based on Mary Stewart's "The Little Broomstick."
"Mary" is to be released Summer of 2017.
- The film is called “Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far on Foot,” a biopic on quadriplegic cartoonist John Callahan
- Joaquin Phoenix is set to play him
- Iconoclast and Anonymous Content are producing the film, which is based on Callahan’s autobiography of the same name
- Hollywood has been trying to adapt the book since its publication in 1989, with the late Robin Williams circling the role of Callahan
- Charles-Marie Anthonioz (Spring Breakers, The Double), Mourad Belkeddar, and Nicolas Lhermitte will produce the movie for Iconoclast and Steve Golin (The Revenant, Spotlight, Mr. Robot) for Anonymous Content
- A little info about John Callahan: He was a cartoonist famous for his taboo topics, he became a paralyzed in a car accident at age 21 and turned to drawing as a form of therapy. His work was published in the New Yorker, Penthouse, and Playboy before his death in 2010.