Articles on this Page
- 12/03/16--12:49: _ONTD Predicts the 2...
- 12/03/16--13:03: _Madonna says she's ...
- 12/03/16--15:01: _10 Reasons why 2016...
- 12/03/16--15:03: _The Eyes of My Moth...
- 12/03/16--15:05: _Guardians of the Ga...
- 12/03/16--16:32: _How will relationsh...
- 12/03/16--16:33: _The DIAMOND PRINCES...
- 12/03/16--16:42: _SKAM Delivers Its M...
- 12/03/16--17:01: _Little Mix at Capit...
- 12/03/16--20:18: _NAUGHTY DOG's Neil ...
- 12/03/16--20:18: _Emma Stone and Shaw...
- 12/03/16--22:37: _Pictures from the p...
- 12/04/16--08:12: _The radio festival ...
- 12/04/16--08:27: _Chris Pratt in Moscow.
- 12/04/16--08:37: _Misha Collins and G...
- 12/04/16--08:39: _Weekend Box Office:...
- 12/04/16--09:49: _Rumor: Obi-Wan may ...
- 12/04/16--10:03: _Alec Baldwin offers...
- 12/04/16--11:04: _Steven Yeun Got Mar...
- 12/04/16--11:21: _Luke Cage Renewed f...
- 12/03/16--12:49: ONTD Predicts the 2017 Oscars
- 12/03/16--13:03: Madonna says she's still in love with Sean Penn
- 12/03/16--15:01: 10 Reasons why 2016 Was THE WORST!!!!
- 12/03/16--15:03: The Eyes of My Mother Featurette
- 12/03/16--15:05: Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 teaser trailer
- 12/03/16--16:32: How will relationships work in Mass Effect: Andromeda?
- 12/03/16--17:01: Little Mix at Capital's Jingle Bell Ball 2016
- 12/03/16--20:18: Emma Stone and Shawn Mendes are on SNL tonight.
- 12/03/16--22:37: Pictures from the premiere of 'Sing'
- 12/04/16--08:27: Chris Pratt in Moscow.
- 12/04/16--08:37: Misha Collins and GISHWHES featured on CBS Sunday Morning
- 12/04/16--08:39: Weekend Box Office: Moana grabs a second weekend at the top
- 12/04/16--09:49: Rumor: Obi-Wan may appear in Star Wars Ep VIII
- 12/04/16--11:04: Steven Yeun Got Married
- 12/04/16--11:21: Luke Cage Renewed for S2!
Contenders: La La Land, Manchester by the Sea, Moonlight, Fences, Silence;
Likely Bets: Loving, Jackie, Arrival
Also in contention: Lion, Hidden Figures, Sully
Now, with a few of the previously unknown pieces finally screening to varied levels of acclaim, we’re getting a fuller picture that looks something like this: La La Land holding strong as the frontrunner, Manchester by the Sea and Moonlight making waves at critics and indie type awards, but seemingly lacking the populist (among academy members) appeal of previous fare that managed to upset the frontrunners, and still embargoed but already much talked about films getting written off as stagey (Fences), seemingly not posing much of a threat to La La Land. Silence is getting great early word of mouth, and gets to live a little longer in possible threat territory. Jackie, Loving and Arrival are all well positioned for nominations based on acclaim and/or box office success.
Contenders: Damien Chazelle (La La Land), Kenneth Lonergan (Manchester by the Sea), Barry Jenkins (Moonlight), Denzel Washington (Fences), Martin Scorsese (Silence)
Also in contention: Pablo Larrain (Jackie), Jeff Nichols (Loving), Dennis Villeneuve (Arrival)
Contenders:Emma Stone (La La Land), Natalie Portman (Jackie), Annette Bening (20th Century Women), Ruth Negga (Loving) and Amy Adams (Arrival)
Also in contention: Isabelle Huppert (Elle), Meryl Streep (Florence Foster Jenkins), Taraji P. Henson (Hidden Figures)
For the final win, honestly, it’s Emma’s to lose.
Contenders: Casey Affleck (Manchester by the Sea), Denzel Washington (Fences), Ryan Gosling (La La Land), Joel Edgerton (Loving), Tom Hanks (Sully)
Also in contention: Andrew Garfield (Silence/Hacksaw Ridge), Viggo Mortensen (Captain Fantastic)
For the win, the odds right now are in Casey’s favor, but Denzel could win his third with a well played campaign.
Contenders: Viola Davis (Fences), Michelle Williams (Manchester by the Sea), Naomie Harris (Moonlight), Nicole Kidman (Lion), Greta Gerwig (20th Century Women)
Also in contention: Janelle Monáe (Hidden Figures)
Contenders: Mahershala Ali (Moonlight), Lucas Hedges (Manchester by the Sea), Jeff Bridges (Hell or High Water), Dev Patel (Lion), Michael Shannon (Nocturnal Animals)
Also in contention: Liam Neeson (Silence), Hugh Grant (Florence Foster Jenkins), Kevin Costner (Hidden Figures)
Hidden Figures is getting a major push, and Kevin Costner’s role is fictional, but still has plenty of potential for inspiring, awards clip friendly speeches and a reminder of his more prominent days. Plus there would be nothing more depressingly Hollywood than a film about women of color giving the awards attention to the white dudes. Lion sees Harvey putting all his eggs in the inspirational based on a true story basket - Dev Patel, who is charming and pounding the proverbial pavements (and got really hot), seems the safest bet for any successes, and while Weinstein may not be the omnipotent beast of the Oscar season he was in the 90s, he does have one thing he never used to – blatant desperation.
Rounding up, Lucas Hedges has received his fair share of passionate acclaim. Where Hedges’ chances may fall apart are in his age, and Liam Neeson seems to be getting good word of mouth for his performance, but it’s been tellingly more subdued than similarly embargoed performances from the Fences cast - speaking of which, if Scott Rudin manages to get a sweep for Fences, Stephen Mckinley-Henerson could easily make the cut, but it’s less secure than the nominations for Washington and Davis. Finally, don’t discount Hugh Grant, who has been working it thus far.
Contenders: Zootopia, Moana, Kubo and the Two Strings, Your Name, Finding Dory
Also in contention: The Red Turtle, My Life As a Courgette, Sing
The fifth spot? Finding Dory is the most likely winner, even though the sequel is being heralded as “Fine.” compared to the “Amazing” and “Timely” original stories from WDAS this year. Dreamworks’ may also have its fate up in the air. Trolls was a charming flash in the pan, and Kung Fu Panda 3, while continuing the high standards of the franchise, is yet another sequel, and still falls short of the other guaranteed nominees. So for the 5th spot, that MPAS and WDAS love affair might win out in the end.
third time's the charm? I tried posting this yesterday but think I messed up the second time after trying to fix the cut
Sources: GoldDerby | HWAwards | NBR awards
Sean Penn was at Madonna's charity concert. Photos from their wedding were auctioned off and they also reenacted parts of their relationship including him handcuffing her... Madonna also said that she was still in love with him and that if he bid $150k in the auction she would remarry him.
They were also seen getting cozy at the after party.
9. Earthquakes in Italy
7. Orlando Pulse Nightclub Shooting
5. Police-Involved Shooting of Cevilians
2. The U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
What about 2016 do you think was
In their secluded farmhouse, a mother, formerly a surgeon in Portugal, teaches her daughter, Francisca, to understand anatomy and be unfazed by death. One afternoon, a mysterious visitor horrifyingly shatters the idyll of Francisca’s family life, deeply traumatizing the young girl, but also awakening some unique curiosities. Though she clings to her increasingly reticent father, Francisca’s loneliness and scarred nature converge years later when her longing to connect with the world around her takes on a distinctly dark form.
Lead Writer Mac Walters states that they wanted to make relationships feel more organic in this new game, with some characters wanting to start something right away while others take more time to get to know before a relationship develops. The goal is to make it as open ended as possible.
However, the burning question most fans have been asking has been: who can I romance? What are the limitations? And the answer is: unlike previous Mass Effect games, this one will no longer have a gender limitation depending on who you want to romance. In other words, all romance options are available to both genders
Another revelation points to romance not being limited to just squad members, as Walters says one of his favorite relationships comes from a character you meet on one of the planets. You can also have casual romances.
EDIT: Apparently the word on the availability of the romances is an unsubstantial claim IGN is making, and no word of it has been said by actual game developers. What Walters did actually say is that they want to make the romances more varied, and that extends to the characters sexuality. The characters will have various sexual orientations that makes sense for them.
[me since last night tbh]
MENTAL ILLNESS - MANIC EPISODE
(in which Sana delivers a great speech about religion, homosexuality and Islam)
* * *
* * *
In which Even meets Isak's friends and it's super cute:
Skam – This is Even clip : Even meets the boysαπό myklaineobsession
* * *
SPOILERS: LAST NIGHT'S BIG CLIP
(in which Isak comes out to his religious mom via text, Even decides to check them into a hotel, they have sex, Even starts becoming more and more manic, Isak slowly starts realizing what's going on and then everything goes to hell)
TRIGGER WARNING (after 5:25)
* * *
SPOILERS: TODAY'S CLIP
(in which Isak researches Even's mental illness, gets weird messages from Even and texts him back, receives support from Eskild and a lovely, much needed message from his mom)
NEW CLIP with English subtitles (Part1/2) pic.twitter.com/XE3c2IszFM— best evak posts (@evaktumblrposts) 3 December 2016
NEW CLIP with English subtitles (Part 2/2) pic.twitter.com/Fg4wu7Qlga— best evak posts (@evaktumblrposts) 3 December 2016
Anyone have Isak's # to make sure he's ok cuz...THOSE WERE REAL TEARS. #skam— Kevin McHale (@druidDUDE) 2 December 2016
sources: twitter #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6
youtube #1, #2, #3, dailymotion
Follow-up to the trailer reveal post, Neil Druckmann, Ashley Johnson (Ellie), and Troy Baker (Joel) took to the stage at PSX to host a panel for The Last of Us Part II.
- Game is set a five years after the first, with Ellie now being 19
- Ellie will be whom the player will primarily play as in the game
- Druckmann revealed he shared the idea of TLoU2 with Ashley Johnson over a dinner, the same time he told her about the Left Behind DLC, which by the end of it left her bawling
- Troy Baker revealed he almost didn't do the role for Joel because he was afraid he just wasn't right for it
- Gustavo Santaolalla will be returning to compose for the game (Yes!!)
- ND used a new motion capture and facial capture technology for the game, with some behind-the-scene footage of it in the video
- Ashley Johnson had to get a vocal coach to learn to sing the song in the trailer "worse", they felt she sang it too well and got help finding what they felt was the right way Ellie would sing it
- On why the game is back to focusing on Ellie and Joel : "I played with so many ideas that had different characters and it never felt right. The Last of Us is about these two characters, specifically." and finally "All I ask is that fans of the first one put faith in us and trust us. We're going to do right by you."
- The theme of the first game was "Love", the sequel will be about "Hate" (Hmm...)
The song that Ellie sings in the trailer is a cover of Shawn James & The Shapeshifters song, Through the Valley :
Ellie's rendition from the trailer :
- Starts at 10:30c/11:30est.
Upcoming shows are:
- Jon Cena and Maren Morris on 12/10.
- Casey Affleck and Chance the Rapper on 12/19.
It's weird that most of their promo is for Shawn Mendes and not Emma.
Bonus pics of Ava because I can't believe she's this old now
Source 1, 2 and 3
I'm a little surprised that ScarJo wasn't there. Is anyone actually interested in this?
Perhaps as an early Britmas present to her fans, the Queen of Pop has taken her show on the road performing at select radio festivals across the US. Last night she stopped by 99.7 Triple Ho Show in San Jose wearing a hot Southern girl ensemble and once again bringing out Tinashe to perform their new single, Slumber Party.
Slumber Party feat. Tinashe
Toxic feat.impromptu hair change
Make Me feat.blue fur
Also here's Britney and Tinashe sharing a qt moment on stage
Source 1: https://www.instagram.com/hybridfan3/
Source 2: https://www.instagram.com/themrkingalex/
Source 3: https://www.instagram.com/jordanvalleyjoe/
This past August, you might have noticed some offbeat people doing some offbeat things, like milking a cow in formal wear, or playing badminton in the middle of a shopping mall. But these events seemed perfectly normal to the 30,000 people in the world's biggest scavenger hunt aimed at charity. It's called GISHWHES: The Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen. David Pogue, of Yahoo Tech, tagged along with one group participating in the competition organized by Misha Collins.
If you've never participated I would recommend it even if you don't watch or care about the show. It's a lot of fun and it does a lot of good.
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
What did you watch this weekend ONTD?
-An EW writer said on a podcast that "they're not done with him yet".
-Leads to speculation that Obi-Wan may appear as a force ghost in 8 and 9.
-The untitled Star Wars movie to be released in 2020 may also be an Obi-Wan spinoff.
Poor widdle Trumpelthinskin is upset at Alec Baldwin's impersonation of him on SNL, so Alec offered to stop on one condition.
Just tried watching Saturday Night Live - unwatchable! Totally biased, not funny and the Baldwin impersonation just can't get any worse. Sad— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 4, 2016
...@realDonaldTrump— ABFoundation (@ABFalecbaldwin) December 4, 2016
Release your tax returns and I'll stop.
SNL makes fun of Trump's incessant Twittering. So Trump responds angrily...on Twitter. I'm not making this up.— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) December 4, 2016
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4
Steven Yeun, whose fan-favorite character Glenn Rhee was killed off The Walking Dead this season, married his longtime girlfriend Joana Pak this weekend in Los Angeles.
Past and present Walking Dead cast members were in attendance, including Andrew Lincoln (Rick), Norman Reedus (Daryl), Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori), Melissa McBride (Carol), Chandler Riggs (Carl), Emma Bell (Amy), Alanna Masterson (Tara) and Danai Gurira (Michonne).
(Most likely, other cast members including Steven's close friends Lauren Cohan (Maggie) and Jon Bernthal (Shane) were there, as well, but I couldn't find photos of them).
ETA photo of Danai Gurira
Danai Gurira with Chandler Riggs' mother, Gina-Ann (left) and I'm not sure who that is in the middle? (Danai's head is shaved for her upcoming role as Okoye in Black Panther)
Chandler Riggs & Emma Bell:
Sarah Wayne Callies with Andrew Lincoln's wife, Gael (yes, she wears her hair like that on purpose):
Some random fan got video of Melissa McBride, Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus outside the venue:
Steven posted this photo of his fiancee the day before the wedding on his Instagram (and then had to turn the comments off because of all the fangirls wailing that he should be marrying Lauren Cohan instead)