Articles on this Page
- 11/07/16--09:53: _ONTD Original: 6 Be...
- 11/07/16--09:54: _ONTD Roundup
- 11/07/16--10:48: _Countdown to Gilmor...
- 11/07/16--10:48: _ONTD Fave Lee Pace ...
- 11/07/16--10:49: _Can Dami Im become ...
- 11/07/16--10:49: _More Details On The...
- 11/07/16--10:49: _Dieguito Luna stars...
- 11/07/16--10:50: _Legends of Supergir...
- 11/07/16--10:50: _Mass Effect Androme...
- 11/07/16--19:27: _Lucifer 2x08 Promo
- 11/07/16--19:27: _Gotham 3x09 "The Ex...
- 11/07/16--19:55: _Good Girls Revolt V...
- 11/07/16--19:57: _Korean rapper and f...
- 11/07/16--19:58: _30,000 Democrats ra...
- 11/07/16--21:09: _Jared Padalecki & w...
- 11/07/16--21:11: _YASSS PAPI. Pietro ...
- 11/07/16--21:39: _Drake Spoiling Tayl...
- 11/07/16--23:16: _Hot 100's Top 10 fo...
- 11/07/16--23:16: _Jane the Virgin 3x0...
- 11/08/16--04:39: _Madonna performs su...
- 11/07/16--09:53: ONTD Original: 6 Best Actress snubs since 2000
- 11/07/16--09:54: ONTD Roundup
- Alicia Keys children are forbidden from watching 'Snow White'
- Anatomically correct Na'vi reborn dolls are apparently now a thing
- Young Adult Novel Receives Backlash for Being Racist
- Jinger Duggar weds Jeremy Vuolo
- Lady Gaga Urging Everyone To Vote & Calls Out Trump
- Celebs React to FBI Clearing Hillary in Email Probe
- Sneak Peek of Next Week's 'The Walking Dead'
- Gal Gadot Pregnant With Baby No. 2
- Lena Dunham compares voting for Jill Stein to sleeping with men in relationships
- Asian actors in comic book films respond to 'Doctor Strange' whitewashing controversy
- 11/07/16--10:49: More Details On The Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas Hook Up
- 11/07/16--10:49: Dieguito Luna stars in Corona anuncio
- 11/07/16--10:50: Legends of Supergirl roundup
- 11/07/16--10:50: Mass Effect Andromeda Cinematic Trailer
- 11/07/16--19:27: Lucifer 2x08 Promo
- 11/07/16--19:27: Gotham 3x09 "The Executioner"
- 11/07/16--19:55: Good Girls Revolt Video Round Up Post
- 11/07/16--19:58: 30,000 Democrats rally in Philadelphia. Celebrities react.
- 11/07/16--21:09: Jared Padalecki & wife expecting child #3 !!
- 11/07/16--21:11: YASSS PAPI. Pietro Boselli round-up.
- 11/07/16--21:39: Drake Spoiling Taylor Swift With Luxurious Gifts — For Her Cats
- 11/07/16--23:16: Jane the Virgin 3x05 Promo
The best doesn't always win. This is a list of the biggest Best Actress snubs at the Oscars since 2000. It does not include those who were snubbed from being nominated; just those who made the final cut. Keep in mind the 6 women on this list DID deserve to win over the woman who ended up getting the Oscar their year. There's no "well they both deserved it" here (which is why you won't find Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge, Salma Hayek in Frida, Marion Cotillard in Two Days, One Night, etc. on this list. To me, they lost to someone who deserved to win). Actresses who should have won but didn't.
6. Felicity Huffman - Transamerica
- Lost to: Reese Witherspoon - Walk The Line (weak year imo. Other nominees: Judi Dench - Mrs Henderson Presents; Keira Knightley - Pride & Prejudice; Charlize Theron - North Country)
- While nowadays this so-so film may have its faults, Huffman gave an amazing performance.
- Every review brings acclaim to Huffman's performance which elevated the film.
- Earned her spot at number 5 not just because of her performance but because she lost to someone who was easily 5x worse than her and this is a modern day tragedy
5. Melissa Leo - Frozen River
- Lost to the MOST whack campaign (until Melissa Leo's iconic 2011 campaign) to the undeniably undeserving Kate Winslet in The Reader. Also nommed: Anne Hathaway - Rachel Getting Married; Angelina Jolie - Changeling; Meryl Streep - Doubt
- Amazing performance in an overlooked film. Leo won the Independent Spirit Award & National Board of Review for this film.
- New York Times review: "Ms. Leo’s magnificent portrayal of a woman of indomitable grit and not an iota of self-pity makes “Frozen River” a compelling study of individual courage.
She brings the same kind of gravity to the role that Patricia Neal did to Alma Brown in “Hud” 45 years ago."
4. Emmanuella Riva - Amour
- Lost to: Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook. Also nommed: Jessica Chastain - Zero Dark Thirty; Quvenzhané Wallis - Beasts of the Southern Wild & the only other won besides Riva who should have won, Naomi Watts - The Impossible
- You might not have seen this movie, and if you did you will never forget it or the two amazing performances headlining this film.
- For Amour, Riva won a BAFTA, Cesar and Venice Film Festival award, among others
- Rick Groen: "Remarkably, she does it all, even when reduced to communicating with her eyes alone. Hers is, in every sense of the phrase, a nakedly honest performance"
3. Judi Dench - Notes on a Scandal AND Penelope Cruz - Volver
- Lost to: A caricature in the flesh Helen Mirren - The Queen. Also nommed: Meryl Streep - The Devil Wears Prada; Kate (are you fucking kidding me) Winslet - Little Children
- Dench went under the radar this year, but the chemistry between Dench & Blanchett in this film was unlike ANY of these other films since the 2000s. Dench RIPPED apart the upper-middle class British guise and tore that shit to SHREDS. Richard Roper said: "Dench is one of the most menacing spinsters this side of Kathy Bates [Oscar winning performance] in "'Misery,'"
- Cruz and her cast won the Cannes award for acting. AO Scott: "With this role Ms. Cruz inscribes her name near the top of any credible list of present-day flesh-and-blood screen goddesses, in no small part because she manages to be earthy, unpretentious and a little vulgar without shedding an ounce of her natural glamour."
2. Viola Davis - The Help
- Lost to Meryl Streep for The Iron Lady. Nommed against: Glenn Close - Albert Knobbs; Rooney Mara - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (how was she even nominated); Michelle Williams - My Week with Marilyn (how was she even nominated x2)
- Watching Davis in the help, then watching Streep in The Iron Lady proves two things: Meryl can win for a terrible film & the Oscars are pretty much content on award ANY white woman over a person of color (because, let's be real, we know what happened this year and the years following 2011). Both movies were only ok, but Davis and he co-stars elevated The Help far higher than The Iron Lady
- It was more than just a performance. From NPR: "Under Davis' skillful hand, Aibileen emerges as...the dignified face of nonviolent resistance, and the one who argues wordlessly for the union between two people on opposite sides of the racial divide that ends this rather wishful tale."
1. Ellen Burstyn - Requiem for a Dream
- Lost to: Julia Roberts - Erin Brockovich (she was good, best performance of her career, etc. but nowhere near as perfect as Burstyn (also nommed: Joan Allen - The Contender; Juliette Binoche - Chocolat; Laura Linney - You Can Count on Me)
- One of the most harrowing performances of our time
- Peter Travers said "Burstyn gives an award-caliber performance that is as raw and riveting as the movie that contains it."
- Would have won if moved to supporting actress (against Kate freaking Hudson)
For Sunday, November 6, 2016:
Since we're getting closer to November 25th, they're releasing more stuff leading up to the Revival premiere on Thanksgiving Day.
New interview with Scott, Lauren and Alexis:
Bless Brazil <3
I'm smad tbh
Only 19 days to go! Are you guys doing anything special to watch the show?
Thanks for your patience, mods!
-Lee ran the marathon (26.2 miles) in 4:44!!!!
-The Maasai of course left him in the dust
-He was waving to fans, texting, smiling/laughing and passing out snacks to fellow runners
-His parents were among supporters in the audience
-He also was wearing green CAPRI LEGGINGS
Hey, we saw Lee Pace running the marathon! We yelled, "go Lee Pace," and he fist pumped. pic.twitter.com/q20FQWOBGZ— Mike Ryan (@mikeryan) November 6, 2016
Yes, this is a live vocal on a live tv show....
- Dami Im won x factor Australia in 2013
- Dami Im is Korean Australian
- X factor Australia is like Next Top Model Australia, the contestants can actually sing/model better than other versions around the world
- She hasn't had facial plastic surgery so is not so immediately appealable to Eastern Asian markets
- The last 3 winners of Xfactor Australia are Asian Australian
- She is attractive, appealable, relatable and humble (aka huge importand factors in Aussie market)
- She is a number one selling artist in Australia
- She came 2nd in Eurovision 2016 because of political reasons (ie Australia is not in Europe, whatever)
- Adam Lambert, Mel C (spice girl) and Guy Sebastian gave her standing ovations, Iggie Azalea sat on her fat arse.
So Australia loves Dami im
Her 2nd place performance at Eurovision
Source 1 https://youtu.be/aslaluxLjYA
Source 2 https://youtu.be/5ymFX91HwM0
The two were on a date night at the Kings of Leon concert in Amsterdam on Saturday. According to the source, a concertgoer named Millie Janssen claims the two were kissing and cuddling throughout the pre–MTV European Music Awards show at the Oude Luxor Theater because KOL screams romance.
Millie goes on to give more info about her experience watching these two go at it during the concert including what they were drinking.
“Joe and Sophie arrived together before the show started,” she said. “He had his arm around her as they walked in, and then he was holding her before the show. Joe and Sophie kissed a few times and were talking and drinking soda."
“When the lights went down and Kings of Leon started they were dancing together and singing along. Joe would kiss her cheek as they danced next to each other.”
“They left together just after the last song and looked very cute. They seemed like a couple and appeared very into each other.”
Source / Source 2
-Mon-El enjoys being a dudebro, hooking up and making out with girls
-Kara will try to wrangle him in and use him as her own personal ken-doll
-Supergirl isn't pining after anyone right now but that may change as the season goes on
-The audience may be surprised at how Kara reacts to James taking up the Guardian role
IT’S SUPERGIRL VS. CYBORG SUPERMAN — While Guardian (Mehcad Brooks) tries to clear his name after being accused of a murder committed by another vigilante, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) heads out on a solo mission to rescue Mon-El (Chris Wood) who has been captured by CADMUS. While fighting to free Mon-El, Supergirl comes face to face with Cyborg Superman.
-Sara won't kill DD in the past due to repercussions it could have on the future
-Now that Sara is a leader, she has to think about others
-Having the chance to save Laurel is a big conflict for her
-Like DD, Cold will be plucked out of the past timeline
-Malcolm will be plucked out of "present" day
-Since DD is from a past where he has yet to be married, he may be eviler and there could be no end to him
-Juliana Harkavy is joining Error as "Tina" who is highly speculated to become the new Black Canary
-Tina was described as an expert fighter and former marine in casting sides
-follow up to the teaser trailer from last week
-nothing much else to report here! trailer is obviously cinematic and has no gameplay reveals
Are you hype? Tired of the cinematics? Where's the damn in game footage?
This is just an excuse to talk about this amazing series.
Who else is watching?
...also this is my first post c:
god that choreo video. she's sexy as hell and this song is a bop!!! stan her
30,000 people here at Clinton/Obama rally on Philadelphia's iconic independence mall pic.twitter.com/bQLEKZiXVL— Andrew Desiderio (@desiderioDC) November 8, 2016
-The rally was headlined by Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, President Obama, and. Michelle Obama.
-Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi were among the performers.
Watching Obama, loving this hype man I'm hearing in the background. "Yes!" "Talk about it!" "Come on now!" "That's right!" #CaniHireHim?— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) November 8, 2016
I will gladly, eagerly and enthusiastically VOTE for Hillary Clinton.— Emmy Rossum (@emmyrossum) November 8, 2016
Don't boo... vote! #Imwithher— Diane Guerrero (@dianeguerrero__) November 7, 2016
SOURCE1, SOURCE2, SOURCE3, SOURCE4, SOURCE5, SOURCE6, SOURCE7, SOURCE8, SOURCE9
Last day before the election!!! Drag everyone you know to the polls. Democrats have a 70% chance of taking the White House but only about a 50% chance of taking the Senate
-Jared was on Regis & Kelly (it will always be Regis & Kelly to op) to talk Supernatural, Gilmore Girls revival, his charity, his wine.
-Also revealed his wife is expecting baby the third.
-Supernatural co-star Jensen Ackles and his wife are also expecting twins, which brings total to three.
This post is brought to you by Trojan.
Drake Spoiling Taylor Swift With Luxurious Gifts — For Her Cats https://t.co/OTVu5ByBdZ— Taylor Swift News (@TSwiftNewsBot) November 7, 2016
According to an 'insider', “[Drake] stopped into a PetCo and went buck wild on cat accessories for Taylor. He went all out. He’s also preparing to send her this sick designer bag that she can put her cats in when she’s traveling. It’s Drake being Drake and his way of letting her know that she’s good people and keeping her close to him. He knows how much she adores her cats and Drake wants her to know that he adores her just as much."
The Queen of Pop made a surprise appearance at Washington Square Park Monday night and told voters to “Express Yourself” on Election Day.
There were also some super fans (opp0rtunist or fka maybe, also we could guess cherubrawk?)“I was going to hop on a train to Philly; then it seemed like it might be in Michigan — I was refreshing the browser every 10 minutes,” he said. “Then suddenly at 7 p.m. they said 7:30 here. We left dinner on the table, threw money on the table and jumped in a cab. This is history. This is Madonna, and she’s trying to get the first woman in the White House.”
The most successful woman is show business performed an acoustic versions of -
Don’t Tell me
Like a Prayer
If I Had a Hammer/Rebel Heart