Articles on this Page
- 09/16/16--05:30: _Jimmy Kimmel on TLL...
- 09/16/16--05:31: _PhiPhi O'Hara conti...
- 09/16/16--06:01: _Mercury prize 2016 ...
- 09/16/16--06:33: _J-Pop Music Emergen...
- 09/16/16--12:00: _Pedro Pascal x So I...
- 09/16/16--12:07: _Corey Feldman Perfo...
- 09/16/16--12:32: _Is Calvin's new son...
- 09/16/16--12:33: _The Roots dissed Tr...
- 09/16/16--13:27: _Showtime cancels Ro...
- 09/16/16--14:14: _The Chainsmokers ar...
- 09/16/16--15:28: _Patrick Dempsey sha...
- 09/16/16--15:52: _Taylor Swift graces...
- 09/16/16--16:00: _Free For All Friday
- 09/16/16--18:30: _New Music Friday! P...
- 09/16/16--18:41: _Which K-Pop songs s...
- 09/16/16--18:45: _Mel Gibson to be a ...
- 09/16/16--18:50: _BANKS on Jools Holl...
- 09/16/16--19:02: _Phical can't handle...
- 09/16/16--19:46: _Miley Cyrus loves W...
- 09/16/16--20:04: _Rose McGowan refers...
- 09/16/16--05:30: Jimmy Kimmel on TLLS with James Corden
- 09/16/16--05:31: PhiPhi O'Hara continues to play the Victim
- 09/16/16--06:01: Mercury prize 2016 winner revealed
- 09/16/16--12:00: Pedro Pascal x So It Goes Magazine
- In 93' he started getting jobs and got fired at "maybe 17 places in maybe a year and a half", in restaurants, cafés etc for "Incompetence mostly".
- His inspirations : "I had an early obsession with Marlon Brando, James Dean, and reading American and English playwrights, like Pinter."
- DEA Agent Javier Peña's personality : "I think he actively keeps his real experience there secret – whether that’s because he did more than what we’re telling? Or less? I want to be able to interpret a character that was actually there on my own terms as much as possible".
- On him being part of The Great Wall's cast by Zhang Yimou."I was introduced to Zhang Yimou pretty young. I saw Raise The Red Lantern and The Story of Qui Ju and Shanghai Triad in the movie theatre. So I didn’t take my agents very seriously when they brought up the project that was me, starring alongside Matt Damon in this huge Hollywood and Chinese cinema collaboration." (...) "I was really nervous at first but I wrote him an email. I felt like I had to confess – it felt stupid to play down that I’d never imagined I could work with someone I admired to that degree. " (...) " When I got to China, one of the producers gave me an envelope – this beautiful envelope and I pull out a response from Zhang Yimou that he had hand written in Chinese characters on this elegant paper. It was like a piece of art. I have it framed, actually. It was him thanking me for my note and for being involved in the movie. The guy’s a class act. He’s as kind as he is talented. So he beat you and your email…"
- The controversy about Matt Damon in "The Great Wall" : He says that "his being white has very specific context in terms of the plot." (...) "I’m sure very good arguments can still be made from both sides in terms of ethnic representation but this is a Hollywood creature feature combined with epic Chinese cinema and it’s ultimately helmed by this visionary director who is Chinese."
- 09/16/16--12:32: Is Calvin's new song about a two-faced person about Taylor?
- 09/16/16--12:33: The Roots dissed Trump on Fallon and no one noticed
- 09/16/16--13:27: Showtime cancels Roadies
- 09/16/16--16:00: Free For All Friday
- 09/16/16--18:30: New Music Friday! Phantogram - Same Old Blues
- 09/16/16--18:41: Which K-Pop songs sound like Western hits?
- 09/16/16--18:45: Mel Gibson to be a dad for the 9th time
- 09/16/16--18:50: BANKS on Jools Holland (plus her new song To the Hilt)
- 09/16/16--19:02: Phical can't handle the truth
- 09/16/16--19:46: Miley Cyrus loves Woody Allen for who he really is
- 09/16/16--20:04: Rose McGowan refers to red carpets as "visual rape"
Damn, Jimmy Kimmel has some balls...
ONTD. Would you rather have some fish yoghurt or a bull's penis?
After pulling some shady stuff on last nights Drag race All Stars, every-bodies favourite 'tired ass showgirl' took to Instagram to yet again claim that it's all editing and she's actually a ball of sweetness and rainbows.
phiphiohara I was so proud of a this episode because I finally got to be in the top 2 after being told every week you weren't good enough. I realized after filming All Stars......my place isn't on this show and in front of a camera where context of a simple thing can be twisted into such a vile way. I really sat back when they called me to be on All Stars and said, this time I am going to show the world the Phi Phi so many people who have met me love and support. I don't care anymore who sees this, I don't care anymore if people are mad that I told the truth, I don't care if people think I am handling this in the wrong way. There is no right way to handle this except stand your grounds and speak up for what is right. I am tired of the hurt, heartache, pain, death threats and threats of violence I have received because a few story producers felt it was okay to go to bed at night cozy with their paychecks from manipulated and twisting the context of my words. I went into All Stars with a gleam of hope that I was going to finally have this redemption I was promised since season 4. The people that hated me before....let's face it...they were never going to like me and that is okay, their loss not mine. But, I deserved a fair chance. From day 1 in the confessions I told my story producer I will not say XYandZ because I did that the first time and it got me in trouble. This time I watched myself and they still played and twisted when I am stating facts as I am playing mind games. I got in NUMEROUS arguments with her discussing how she would never understand why I am quiet or don't talk as much as I do because I have to 100% watch what I say because of the grave I dug in season 4. She contiued to say I was doing nothing but a disservice to myself by not giving them what they want. Unfortunately for her, my mom raised me that integrity and respect goes a lot farther in life than reaping joy off the misery of others. I am so grateful for the doors that RPDR has opened but I have learned now that "family" is just a word used to sugar coat and mask the demons of the machine. They have made it acceptable and normal for people to be okay breaking me down...that is not love or family.
Edit: forgot to include this tweet:
Last night I actually locked myself in my hotel bathroom pretended to shower...and cried. I try to be strong...RPDR has broke me. Thank you— Phi Phi O'Hara (@PhiPhiOhara) September 16, 2016
Skepta - 'Konnichiwa'
a little excerpt from the Guardian about the awards this year
It has been a strange year for the Mercury prize: no one could find much to complain about in the shortlist.
In previous years, the shortlist has variously been upbraided for being too mainstream, not mainstream enough, too narrow or too tokenistic. This year, the solitary voice raised in objection seemed to belong to the Sun’s showbiz editor, angrily decrying the judging panel for failing to nominate Adele – despite her “sales, huge sell-out tour and international chart domination” – commercial success having long proved the most reliable indicator possible of any album’s artistic value.
Elsewhere, there seemed to be general agreement that the shortlist did a pretty decent job: so decent, in fact, that the field seemed open. It was packed with a pretty good spread of genuinely inventive music of varying stripes. Virtually anything on there could have won it – from Radiohead’s A Moon Shaped Pool to Laura Mvula’s The Dreaming Room – without causing too much in the way of wailing and gnashing of teeth.--
Equally, you don’t have to buy into the faintly patronising it’s-what-Bowie-would-have-wanted line peddled at the award ceremony to see why Skepta’s Konnichiwa won. It’s the biggest album yet to have emerged from grime’s remarkable commercial resurgence, and embodies a lot of the characteristics that make that resurgence feel uniquely exciting and vibrant.
It’s music that has succeeded independently of the music industry. Self-released, it makes few concessions to pop commerciality – the music on it seems more interested in placing itself firmly within a lineage of underground British black music than pandering to the charts – but nevertheless became a huge hit.
shaking and crying
More on SoItGoes
Here's a video of the performance featuring rapper Doc Ice.
Buy Corey's album Angelic 2 the Core: Angelic Funkadelic/Angelic Rockadelic on iTunes.
Source: 1 / 2
You were the one thing in my way x 5
Thats literally it this song is repetitive AF
The Roots introduced Trump on Fallon last night to Erykah Badu's "20 Feet Tall," with these specific lyrics:
"Then you, you built a wall
A 20 foot wall, so I couldn't see
But if I get off my knees
I might recall I'm 20 feet tall."
This isn't the first time they've done this to a visting politician. Back in 2011, the band played Fishbone's "Lying Ass Bitch" when crazy Michelle Bachmann was a guest during her presidential run. That intro almost got them fired.
Trump's visit to the show is getting Fallon completely trashed, with GQ calling the interview embarrassing and that it felt like watching a dictator having fun on state-run TV.
Do you hope the band quits the show, ontd? Do you think Jimmy will ever stop being an embarrassing mess who takes nothing seriously?
After only airing one season, Showtime has cancelled Roadies.
Here are some highlights from this profile on EDM frat bro duo The Chainsmokers:
The Chainsmokers said that their number one motivation for becoming famous and successful has always been "pussy," and that their goal was always to date hot girls, such as models.
They said that they never get carried away from clubs because they're really good at drinking.
The bio on their website says that they are 17.34 inches, which is the length of their penises combined tip-to-tip.
One of them said that he asked for mixing tips from a DJ at a sweet 16 party who he was convinced was a pedophile.
They do all sorts of crazy things for fun, such as punching each other in the face until they bleed.
Read the rest of their insufferable profile over at the source.
- "For me, the first three seasons were the strongest and certainly the pilot and that first season before we knew what was going to happen will always be, I think, the strongest memories for me," says Dempsey.
- Says "it's remarkable. It's still doing quite well and will continue to do well"
- He is open for a TV comeback.
Taylor hit the streets of NYC again today, and this time her shoes were the least offensive part of her ensemble. Yikes.
Lorde leaving Taylor's apartment in NYC yesterday pic.twitter.com/xwvWKFLOnq— Taylor Swift News (@TSwiftNZ) September 16, 2016
Now to cleanse your eyes, Meredith made another appearance on IG. She is also concerned about Taylor leaving the house in that outfit.
taylorswift U ok bro?
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Cat pics are welcome.
I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!
No porn, nudes, spam, fighting, advertising, dickishness, huge browser slowing comments.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
HYUNA - Bubble Pop!
Britney Spears - How I Roll
Fergie - Clumsy
Which K-Pop songs sound familiar, ONTD?
Mel Gibson (60) will soon be the father of nine as his girlfriend, Rosalind Ross (26), is pregnant with their first baby.
I have decided that I'm not attending the @RuPaulsDragRace reunion. I don't feel the show, producers or host have the best intentions for me— Phi Phi O'Hara (@PhiPhiOhara) 16 de septiembre de 2016
Oh, ok. pic.twitter.com/mYabN8YUbQ— RuPaul (@RuPaul) 16 de septiembre de 2016
It hurts, Ru throws shade and unfollows today like a coward and the show does nothing to help with what they did. https://t.co/ls1E1uNlcy— Phi Phi O'Hara (@PhiPhiOhara) 16 de septiembre de 2016
Source, source, source
Miley stars in Woody Allen's first tv series, Crisis in Six Scenes, on Amazon. At the premiere of the series last night in NYC, Miley gushed to Vanity Fair magazine about how much she admires Woody. She has the highest respect for him because:
- Woody is never fake
- Woody is exactly who he is through and through
- Woody is super resourceful and not over the top(in his movie-making)
I'm at a loss for words right now so just...................
Actress Rose McGowan recently sat down in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter where she spoke about the #AskHerMore campaign. It turns out McGowan had a lot of things to say about red carpets.
"One of the last red carpets that I did, the Entertainment Tonight correspondent asked me if I, like Cate Blanchett, felt it was inappropriate for the camera to pan up and down my body," McGowan explained. "I told her that it felt like visual rape. I'm fairly sure my response didn't make it to air."
She went on to say that she doesn't think she'll be walking a red carpet any time soon but would be doing her own hair and makeup if she did as to not be part of the Hollywood machine.
"Actresses are just brainwashed and part of the machine," she continued. "They don't realize they don't have to be. I don't think Hollywood has ever seen the likes of me."
Of the spirit, it's a metaphor. Jesus. https://t.co/p4bM2UPkpu— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) September 16, 2016
And I know what rape is. You might not. You don't know what it's like to be consumed by cameras as a woman&dissected for pleasure of creeps— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) September 16, 2016
I'm one, too. Sit down https://t.co/k6MUUxxxZV— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) September 16, 2016
Ask her if it felt rapey. And you don't get to tell me how I feel. So fuck off. pic.twitter.com/yHKrFNpuZm— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) September 16, 2016
Source 1, 2 and 3