Articles on this Page
- 08/13/16--15:17: _Demi Lovato thinks ...
- 08/13/16--15:18: _Blake Shelton Spars...
- 08/13/16--15:20: _Steven Universe fan...
- 08/13/16--15:31: _‘Warcraft’ Is Actua...
- 08/13/16--17:15: _Egyptian judo fight...
- 08/13/16--18:09: _CBB Day 16: Evictio...
- 08/13/16--18:37: _Everyone's fave, Pa...
- 08/13/16--18:54: _Casting Agents Reve...
- 08/13/16--19:31: _Paper apologizes af...
- 08/14/16--07:03: _Justin Bieber Calls...
- 08/14/16--07:31: _Adele declines Supe...
- 08/14/16--07:40: _Suicide Squad's box...
- 08/14/16--09:47: _Ryan Lochte was rep...
- 08/14/16--10:32: _4 months later, som...
- 08/14/16--10:48: _Thomas Gibson lawye...
- 08/14/16--11:04: _Tavi Gevinson Turns...
- 08/14/16--11:15: _Vixx Has Comeback W...
- 08/14/16--11:32: _Amber Heard says sh...
- 08/14/16--11:45: _Weekend Box Office:...
- 08/14/16--12:33: _Shah Rukh Khan is d...
- 08/13/16--15:17: Demi Lovato thinks Zika virus is funny; fans aren't pleased
- 08/13/16--15:18: Blake Shelton Spars With The Westboro Baptist Church on Twitter 🙄
- 08/13/16--17:15: Egyptian judo fighter refuses to shake Israeli opponent's hand
- 08/13/16--18:09: CBB Day 16: Eviction aftermath
- 08/13/16--18:37: Everyone's fave, Parminder Nagra, to join Agents of SHIELD
- She'll be in a recurring role
- Will be a political figure that is vocal on her distrust of humans and their threat to society
- Gabriel Luna and Jason O'Mara also join the cast, with the latter playing the new director SHIELD
- Season 4 of Agents of SHIELD will return September 20
- 08/13/16--18:54: Casting Agents Reveal Stories About Hollywood's Biggest Stars
- 08/14/16--07:03: Justin Bieber Calls Out Fans Over Sofia Richie Hate
- 08/14/16--07:31: Adele declines Superbowl offer
- 08/14/16--07:40: Suicide Squad's box office drops 79.4%
- Suicide Squad dropped 79.4% at the US box office between its opening day and its second Friday.
- It made $13 million as it entered its second weekend, and it's expected to make around $46 million by the end of it, which would be a 66% drop, which is a little better than Batman v Superman's 69% drop on its second weekend.
- Forbes places Suicide Squad's second weekend box office drop with other superhero movies like Green Lantern, Man of Steel, Watchmen, X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men: Apocalypse.
- 08/14/16--09:47: Ryan Lochte was reportedly held up at gunpoint in Rio
- Ryan and at least one other teammate were held at gunpoint and robbed early Sunday in Rio, wallets stolen, according to Ryan's mom
- IOC denies it
- Someone tweeted some screenshots of her Tinder conversation with Joseph Schooling back in April.
- On 12 August 2016, Joseph Schooling beat Michael Phelps to become the gold medalist for the Olympics 100-meter butterfly event in a record setting 50.39 seconds.
- On the same day Schooling won gold in the event, Twitter user @sabwow realized she had a brief connection with Schooling. Schooling had messaged her on the dating app after they matched on April 7.
- She had cheerfully replied to his greeting but did not continue the conversation after getting his reply.
- 08/14/16--11:04: Tavi Gevinson Turns 20, Covers Teen Vogue September
- 08/14/16--11:15: Vixx Has Comeback With "Fantasy" Music Video.
- 08/14/16--11:45: Weekend Box Office: Suicide Squad #1 at box office for 2nd weekend
Demi Lovato has come under scrutiny after uploading a video to snapchat on saturday night in which her mom jokes about the epidemic in Brazil.
The 23-year-old shared a clip of her mother Dianna Hart, who could be seen drinking alcohol, in which she said: "Everybody down in Rio gonna get the Zika virus".
Demi could be heard laughing in the background and added three laughing emojis to the video.
Brazil is the country in which the singer sells the most albums. Brazilian fans of course were not pleased and started the tag #DemiLovatoIsOverParty
Demi gave a half-assed apology on twitter then said something about not going anywhere. Her mom also apologized.
In no way did I mean to offend anyone last night. I was laughing at how southern my mom sounded, not the issue at hand. Deepest apologies.— Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) 13 de agosto de 2016
If you watch everything I do, you're still a fan.. I ain't goin nowhere bitches 👋🏼— Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) 13 de agosto de 2016
My deepest and sincerest apologies to everyone who was offended by this. I never meant to hurt anyone. I'm sorry. 😥 https://t.co/Xm2OtjaKIj— Dianna De La Garza (@DiannaDeLaGarza) 13 de agosto de 2016
Update: Demi is pissed at the hate.
It's an awesome feeling when you're so content with life and yourself that hate doesn't effect you.. Feelin' good y'all 👍🏼💗☺️— Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) 13 de agosto de 2016
source: one, two
Yikes. Do you joke about serious issues, ONTD?
Hey @WBCSaysRepent I see y'all are back at it!! Did y'all ever expand your gene pool or are you still nailing your immediate family members?— Blake Shelton (@blakeshelton) August 8, 2016
Ha! Did you see the one where I put the dick in that Westboro church guys mouth?!! Ha!!!! Moron.. https://t.co/GyDceLK2kq— Blake Shelton (@blakeshelton) August 10, 2016
- Blake came for The Westboro Baptist Church on Twitter. It seems because they are protesting Gwen's concert.
- The Westboro twitter account is still trolling him for a reply today.
- Despite Blake coming for them (it's only bc of Gwen, lbr) some of Blake's past tweets have recently resurfaced:
Sources: one, two, three, four
Yikes! #TeamNoOne tbh
In short, the Steven Universe fandom harassed Lauren Zuke, a storyboard artist on the show, after she shared some art of Lapidot (Lapis and Peridot) on her personal Tumblr blog. While the ship isn't canon, many Amedot (Amethyst and Peridot) shippers got upset over the art, saying that Zuke was showing favoritism for one ship over another.
They also accused her, a lesbian woman, of "queer baiting" and the harassment resulted in Zuke deleting her Twitter account. Read below for her final tweets.
im catching up on the lauren zuke discourse now and this is honestly just rly sad and upsetting pic.twitter.com/jNlf7PpATI— Powered up! (@arcordo) August 13, 2016
The film made $430 million worldwide
♦ It's still losing money though. The total losses are estimated at $15 million.
♦The film did ok in Germany and France but China saved the film from completely flopping.
♦ Warcraft isn’t the only summer blockbuster to suffer a significant loss at the box office; it was recently reported that Ghostbusters will lose around $70 million despite positive reviews.
|Warcraft will be released on Blu-ray™, Blu-ray™ 3D,
Steelbook, 4K Ultra HD, DVD and On Demand on
10 October 2016.
Cbs news Source
-Bear calls Frankie 2-faced for choosing to put up Chloe over Marnie
-Bear is sad to see Chloe leave
-Lewis/Marnie talk about the public choosing their relationship over Chloe/Bears
In a new book titled Powerhouse: The Untold Story of Hollywood Creative Artists Agency, author James Andrew Miller spills the tea on some of Hollywood's biggest stars including Goldie Hawn, Tom Cruise, and Sarah Jessica Parker.
Tom Cruise wasn't wanted for Risky Business.
"It turned out people thought, based on his earlier roles, that Tom was too blue collar to play an upper-middle-class kid from the Midwest," the book reads.
As for that iconic scene of him dancing in a button down and undies, "he wasn't dancing in his underpants in the script," Wagner said in the book. "Tom created that."
After the actor joined Scientology in 1990, CAA's chairman Michael Ovitz wanted to talk to the church's leader, David Miscavige. "I decided there were two ways to handle Scientology: Tell them how bad it is and fight them, or just embrace it and try to control any fallout," he said in the book.
"So I called Miscavige and said, 'I've read everything,' and I said, 'I love Tom, he's been with us since he's nineteen. He's probably going to be the biggest star in the world. We've got to work together to make sure it all stays chill and cool and his image is right,' and he agreed."
Goldie Hawn Was Lied to About Thelma & Louise.
Goldie really wanted to star in the 1991 cult classic, but when director Ridley Scott decided she wasn't right for the film, her agent Meyer had to let her down easy.
"I didn't want to hurt her feelings, [so] I ate it: I told her that I didn't think the movie was right for her and talked her out of it," Meyer explained. "When the movie came out and was a hit, she told me she regretted not going it, but she didn't dwell on it, and it never affected our relationship."
SJP almost turned down SATC.
"There were a couple concerns that I had—like I really wasn't keen on doing nudity and language issues," Parker said in the book.
However, she filmed the pilot and kept working. Once it was picked up for a series, SJP was uneasy about committing to a series. Once a producer Parker liked joined the show, she officially got started in the role that would bring her four Golden Globe wins and the character of a lifetime. "I loved every single solitary day of that experience, and I am fully aware that I would have never done it had it not been for Kevin," she concluded.
Nothing outrageous but I love casting stories. More stories at source.
Paper omits Simone Manuel’s name and just refers to her as ‘African-American’ https://t.co/uaCostlrOv— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) 13 de agosto de 2016
- Toothy deformed troll doll Michael Phelps was referred by name in the Mercury News Sports headline, whereas the first African-American woman to win a gold medal in an individual swimming event, 20 year-old Simone Manuel, was referred to just as "African-American"
- The headline was posted on the newspaper's website, but not printed in the newspaper
- Readers took it to social media to complain
- Tim Kawakami, the Mercury News Sports columnist, had this to say on Twitter (while the headline was still up): 'This is a terrible headline. It's my paper. I might get in trouble for saying it, but it's a terrible headline.'
ONTD, what times do you remember people thinking they were doing a good job concealing their racism (and/or misogyny) but were in fact failing miserably? Celebrity examples are welcome.
I'm gonna make my Instagram private if you guys don't stop the hate this is getting out of hand, if you guys are really fans you wouldn't be so mean to people that I like
#RIPBiliebers has been trending worldwide.
Adele revealed that she was offered to do the 2017 Super Bowl Halftime show but gracefully declined the offer. pic.twitter.com/p5COglBksp— Music News & Facts (@Musicnews_feed) August 14, 2016
Adelegend confirmed that she was indeed offered to perform at the 2017 halftime show but gracefully declined because she doesn't dance and is not beyoncé.
Smh i was looking forward to her breaking all the records
Who do you think should perform next year ?
Source : https://twitter.com/Musicnews_feed/status/764824033019953152
Yikes! Glad they're OK.
(Ryan appreciation post?)
my tinder match just won the 100M butterfly final and beat Michael Phelps— sab (@sabwow) August 13, 2016
this is my greatest accomplishment pic.twitter.com/bhU96gmflO
and not replying to his message was my greatest failure— sab (@sabwow) August 13, 2016
Trying to flex about matching with an Olympian on Tinder even though they didn't respond to them pic.twitter.com/NU5jBon6L7— ThingsWhiteFolksLike (@Things4WhitePpl) August 14, 2016
Gotta hit him with a "hey big head" reply now. https://t.co/EoyRnUF6hz— Juan Rodriguez (@Rocketfan2503) August 13, 2016
this comment doesn't make sense but whatever i guess:
@sabwow gold digger much— vette! at the disco (@basichoods) August 13, 2016
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Have u ever almost dated an Olympic winner, ONTD?
If you thought the Criminal Minds drama was going to end with Thomas Gibson being fired you were mistaken. E! News is now confirming that Gibson has now hired a lawyer to go after CBS for his firing. So this probably means that Gibson, despite this not being the first time he had assaulted someone on set and to having previously been put into anger management by production for being a known asshole, thinks that this is totally unfair. Everyone should be able to kick their bosses and co-workers when they're mad with no repercussion, right?
Meanwhile former co-star posted (and subsequently) deleted this video in the midst of Gibson's firing talking about how he believes in karma -
shemar just posted this on ig with the caption "karma is real" 🤔🤔🤔 no shade just tea! pic.twitter.com/7ufsJ6WmOE— sof (@davdboreanaz) August 12, 2016
Source 1, 2 and 3
Have you ever gotten to see a shitty co-worker get their comeuppance?
Holy shit, Tavi is already 20! It seems like just yesterday that a twelve-year-old Tavi was writing her fledgling blog Style Rookie and wearing kooky outfits to fashion shows.
She lives in New York in a really nice (expensive, probably) apartment, has tons of designer clothes, and stars in The Crucible on Broadway. She is rumoured to be dating Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend, whom she met when she was 18 and he was 30.
She did some new photoshoots and interviews for a few magazines, where she discussed feminism, her future, and fashion.
A tour of her NYC apartment:
Teeen Vogue pics & excerpts:
Grace Coddington: When you were first blogging from your bedroom, you were an outsider looking in. Then suddenly you were being flown to Tokyo to meet Rei Kawakubo; Rodarte sent you clothes; and you created Rookie magazine and eventually ended up at the Met Gala and the Tonys. How has your perspective changed?
Tavi: When I was starting out, I saw it as something that was definitely going to end. Every time I came to New York for fashion week or to interview someone, I was so sad going back home because I thought, These things don’t get to last. That’s sort of the narrative of young success. I heard an interview with George Saunders where he was saying he was really glad his books didn’t do well until he was much older. Because, he said, when you’re young, you already think you’re the center of the universe. If you have success young, it seems to confirm—
Glamour magazine excerpts:
GLAMOUR: What does it mean to be a woman in 2016? What does it mean to YOU?
TAVI GEVINSON: Allowing myself to contain multitudes. Looking at who's given the space to do so and why.
GLAMOUR: You just turned 20. What's one thing you knew for sure at age 10 that you now question at age 20?
TG:That growing up would be soul-crushing.
Source 1,Source 2,Source 3
Follow-up to this post.
On Friday, TMZ released a video recorded by Amber Heard, showing a drunken Johnny Depp slamming cabinets, yelling, and throwing a wine glass.
Amber has released a statement through E! stating that she is not behind the video's leak.
"I am not responsible for the release of the video. It was not what I wanted and I am doing what I can to force the media to take it off the internet. I underestimated the toll that this difficult few months have taken on me, emotionally and physically, and the efforts made by the media to intimidate and discredit me. It is for that reason, and my desire to make the healthiest choice for myself, and hopefully for Johnny, that I am attempting to resolve this matter in the most private way possible."
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
What did you see this weekend, ONTD?
I fully understand & respect security with the way the world is, but to be detained at US immigration every damn time really really sucks.— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) August 12, 2016
The brighter side is while waiting caught some really nice Pokemons.— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) August 12, 2016
SRK is one of bollywood's biggest stars, and one of the worlds most successful actors, being ranked as the second richest actor in the world.
He has previously complained back in 2012 of being detained for 2 hours at an airport near NYC because he has a muslim name/is muslim. And in 2009 was detained for over 2 hours at Newark airport until the Indian embassy intervened(!!) At least he caught some good pokemon though.
i remember some musician w the last name khan spoke about being detained in america and was told it was because his last name tripped some flags, which is ridic since Khan is one of the most common last names in the world. I couldnt find global statistics but in Britain its the 80th most common surname, so.
what do you hate/love most about flying/airports ontd?