Articles on this Page
- 08/09/16--15:53: _Surprise! Only One ...
- 08/09/16--15:53: _Rio - Night 4 - Pri...
- 08/09/16--16:37: _The Weeknd Donates ...
- 08/09/16--17:07: _Bachelor in Paradis...
- 08/09/16--17:07: _Studios Still Try t...
- 08/09/16--17:38: _CBB Day 12: Heartbr...
- 08/09/16--18:08: _Pretty Little Liars...
- 08/09/16--18:08: _Gigi Gorgeous detai...
- 08/09/16--18:15: _Celebs React to Tru...
- 08/10/16--11:26: _Malia Obama Alleged...
- 08/10/16--11:26: _Comic book Roundup
- 08/10/16--11:27: _Twins on the way fo...
- 08/10/16--11:30: _🚨 POP MUSIC EMERGEN...
- 08/10/16--12:32: _Dave Ayer "Jocking"...
- 08/10/16--12:39: _Colton Haynes for O...
- 08/10/16--12:46: _Margot has a theory...
- 08/10/16--12:47: _ONTD Original: 1996...
- 08/10/16--13:44: _ICON & ONTD problem...
- 08/10/16--13:44: _kanye nabs his fort...
- 08/10/16--13:47: _Tabloid Cover Wedne...
- 08/09/16--15:53: Rio - Night 4 - Primetime Viewing Post
- 08/09/16--16:37: The Weeknd Donates To Ethiopic Studies at UoT, and BLM
- 08/09/16--17:07: Bachelor in Paradise: 2 for 1
- 08/09/16--17:38: CBB Day 12: Heartbreaks, dry humping, and Evictions oh my!
- 08/09/16--18:08: Pretty Little Liars 7x08 Preview
- 08/09/16--18:08: Gigi Gorgeous detained at airport in Dubai for being transgender
- 08/10/16--11:26: Malia Obama Allegedly Smoking Weed at Lollapalooza
- 08/10/16--11:26: Comic book Roundup
- 08/10/16--11:27: Twins on the way for Jensen and Danneel Ackles!
- 08/10/16--11:30: 🚨 POP MUSIC EMERGENCY🚨 Britney is doing Carpool Karaoke on August 25
- 08/10/16--12:32: Dave Ayer "Jocking" From Die Antwoord?
- 08/10/16--12:39: Colton Haynes for Out Magazine
- Confirms they filmed so much more Harley/Joker scenes, but thinks they were cut so the story could focus on the Enchantress/June Moone's story and goals (lmao u sure...)
- “They probably realized that the emotional through-line of the story had to be the mission that we were on, and explaining the Enchantress’ position and all that kind of stuff."
- "The (Harley/Joker) backstory stuff, though it’s magic and some of the stuff we shot was insane, they are flashbacks. So there’s a lot, but it just didn’t make sense to confuse the present storyline to incorporate all that.”
- Margot also mentioned she's still trying to make a Harley movie happen.
- Mentions the intensive rehearsals they had with director, David Ayer and what they included.
- 08/10/16--12:47: ONTD Original: 1996, A year of one hit wonders
- 08/10/16--13:44: kanye nabs his fortieth top 40 hit
- hit the milestone this past week as a featured artist on the song “that part,” by schoolboy q
- surpasses the likes of michael jackson and frankie valli, who charted 39 in their careers
- is now in the top ten artists with the most top 40 hits, at tenth place
- 08/10/16--13:47: Tabloid Cover Wednesday
All but one of the 'American Horror Story' teasers released this year have nothing to do with the sixth season.
“There are many more trailers than you’ve actually seen for hypothetical seasons of American Horror Story,” FX CEO John Landgraf said. “Different genres, different places. One of them is accurate; the others are all misdirects.”
All of the current teasers can be here.
Medal Count (As of 5 pm CT)
Medals Source: https://www.rio2016.com/en
BBC: (Shown live) http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/rio-2016/schedule/2016-08-07/swimming
NBC: (Women's Gymnastics, Swimming, Diving): http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings
-Donated 50,000 to University of Toronto to help them start an Ethiopic Studies program
-According to someone close to the source he also donated 250,000 to the Black Lives Matter movement.
Girls get to hand out the roses next, which guys will they kick to the curb?
Six years after Voyage of the Dawn Treader, a bunch of studios and production companies (TriStar Pictures, The Marc Gordon Company, The C.S. Lewis Company, and Entertainment One) have teamed together to get an adaptation of The Silver Chair filmed. Their intent is to have this be a reboot of the franchise which is convenient since only one character from the previous movies comes back, and he can be recast.
David Magee finished a script last year and that's about the only news. No director or cast or main executive producers.
The Silver Chair follows Eustace (cousin of the Pevensies) and his friend Jill as they go to Narnia to help find the lost Prince Rillian, a descendant of Caspian.
I know it's a reboot, and he's too old/busy, but I think making Poulter come back would be hilarious
-The houseguests gather to watch some soft porn via Bear/Chloe
-Chloe/Bear are in their undies w/Chloe bouncing on Bears lap
-Marnie/Lewis have a lovers quarrel after Lewis points out an ex-gf who is modeling eye lashes on one of the boxes which breaks the Big Brother spell on Marnie since she remembers that there is a world outside
-The house guest going home is:
According to Just Jared Gigi has been detained at the airport in Dubai due to being transgender. Officials at the airport claim that Gigi's passport has her listed as male and "imitation of women by men" is illegal in the country and punishible with a year of jail time.
Gigi says this isn't true and that all the information on her passport has been updated.
She currently cannot leave the country as officials will not give back her passport.
Source 1 and 2
I hope she gets home safely and they don't arrest her :\
Video—Trump: "If she gets to pick her judges —nothing you can do…Although the 2nd Amendment people maybe there is" https://t.co/eeofxE9qL4— Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy) August 9, 2016
Well @realDonaldTrump just suggested his supports could use the 2nd Amendment to "stop" Hilary. Happy Tuesday.— Jesse Tyler Ferguson (@jessetyler) August 9, 2016
Did I just hear correctly? Did @realDonaldTrump just suggest shooting a future president as a way to protect the 2nd amendment? Insanity!— Rob Reiner (@robreiner) August 9, 2016
When did you start smoking weed?
ComicList: New Comic Book Releases List for 08/10/2016 https://t.co/bzyO1JlymP— ComicList (@ComicList) August 9, 2016
-Action Comics #961
-All-Star Batman #1
-Deathstroke Rebirth #1
-Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #2
-Wonder Woman #4
-All-New All-Different Avengers #13
-Black Panther #5
-Darth Vader #24
-All-New X-Men #12
10 Biggest MARVEL Characters Not in Movies Or TV (Yet)https://t.co/iAKShIkCUU— Newsarama (@Newsarama) August 10, 2016
7. Miles Morals
2. Adam Warlock
-Geoff Johns wanted Bizarro and Artemis on the team
-Bizarro will be more bizarre then stupid, naive, and childlike. He will be more aware
Super FRIENDS: The 10 Bestest SUPERHERO BFFs of All Timehttps://t.co/bPoqY4ZEvj— Newsarama (@Newsarama) August 6, 2016
Iron Fist & Luke Cage
Spider-Woman & Captain Marvel
Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy
Human Torch & Spider-Man
Captain America & Falcon
The couple's expecting twins - one of each - later this year, who will join older sister JJ, three.
Yo-landi Visser (Andi Du Tuit) from South African rap-rave group, Die Antwoord, has bold accusations for Suicide Squad director, Dave Ayer!
In a rather long Instagram post, followed by a short video of promotion/still images from the movie, she accuses of Ayer openly talking about the problematic group while shooting.
Accusations include their iconic black and white graffiti, Yolandi's multiple watches on one wrist and even to front man Ninja (Watkin Tudor Jones)'s tattoos!
Cara Delevingne, who was featured in the group's Ugly Boy video and starred in the movie, had apparently told Yolandi and Ninja about the copying, as well as Jared Leto.
Ninja had gone to the premier of the movie, hopefully expecting an apology or an explanation of what had happened, but no dice.
David Ayers or any crew member of the movie has not yet said anything.
Yolandi's original Instagram post.
-says therapy is “the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me”
-was in a relationship with a man for 6 years
-talks about coming out to his family, bullying, and his father's suicide
-explains the infamous shoot for XY magazine he and his boyfriend did (when he got teen wolf his team was trying to wipe that shoot off the internet)
-talks about noah galvin's comments (haynes calls his apology bullshit)
source + gifs
I really hope she keeps talking about how Harley IS abused and tortured by him...
Previous Posts: 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001-2009
20 YEARS AGO artists like The Tony Rich Project, Donna Lewis & Deep Blue Something were topping the charts. The artists who created their 1996 smash hits were never able to replicate the success. But for us 90's babies, the music never fails to bring the nostalgia. Let's take a look at some of the best one hit wonders of 1996!
Disclaimer: These lists are based on U.S. Billboard Hot 100 only. Sorry to those who disagree with certain choices!
Everything But The Girl - Missing (Todd Terry Club Mix)
Everything But the Girl emerged in the same cool, jazzy environment that turned Sade’s “Smooth Operator” into a hit way back in 1985. Everything But the Girl continued to evolve and over the course of 11 albums and 15 years, they explored everything from cocktail party jazz to acoustic music to club beats. That leads us to their 1996 breakthrough hit, “Missing.” Although the song was strong in its original version on (1994's) Amplified Heart, it was a remix by Terry Todd that set that dance floors in America and Europe on fire. The remixed song peaked at no. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1996 and remains one of the best pop/dance song of the 90's.
The Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
"Nobody Knows" was Tony Rich’s first single off his debut album Words. The song skyrocketed to No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100. Rich received a nomination for the 1997 Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance but lost to Eric Clapton.
Donna Lewis - I Love You (Always Forever)
Donna Lewis' pop hit "I Love You (Always Forever)" spent 9 weeks at no. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100. But like many artists' hits this year, it never stood a chance at the no. 1 position because the phenomenon “Macarena” by Los del Rio dominated the charts for more than three months. No more chart hits followed and Lewis parted ways with Atlantic Records. But the British singer songwriter continues to make music.
Athena Cage - [Keith Sweat's] Nobody
Before you bite my head off, I know that Keith Sweat is not considered a one hit wonder and "Nobody" is not his only hit! HOWEVER, this song is too iconique not to include when it is equally shared by Athena Cage, a member of the band Kut Klose, who saw her one and only hit with this BOP. The hit song spent three weeks at number-one on the US R&B chart, and reached No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Merril Bainbridge - Mouth
This unique 1994 song by Australian songstress, Merril Bainbridge gained her worlwide success outside of her home country. She made it all the way to number 4 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, assuring her status as one of the biggest one hit wonders of the decade.
Joan Osborne - One of Us
Joan released "One of Us" in 1995 and the song became a top 40 hit that same year. But it wasn't until 1996 that the song peaked on the Billboard Hot 100 at no. 4. Osborne is currently a member of rhythm and blues band Trigger Hippy, and was nominated for a Grammy in the Blues category for her seventh solo album in 2013.
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's
"Breakfast at Tiffany's" was recorded in 1995, originally appearing on their album '11th Song', it was later re-recorded and released on their album 'Home'. It was the band's only hit, peaking at no. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1996.
The Verve Pipe - The Freshmen
This is TECHNICALLY a 1997 song because that is when it peaked and was most successful. However, it was released in 1996 and deserves a spot on one of these lists. “The Freshman” had lyrics that contained enough angst to vaguely fit into the post-grunge fallout, painfully detailing the suicide of his girlfriend. This candid portrayal of tragedy obviously struck a chord with swarms of listeners, carrying the song to No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Primitive Radio Gods - Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand
This song not only has a title that lengthy but is by an obscure band called Primitive Radio Gods. Hypnotic and detached, the gloomy song features a steady beat reminiscent of Lou Reed’s “Walk on the Wild Side.” After peaking at no. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100, Primitive Radio Gods would quickly fade into obscurity after the monster success in the wake of logistical difficulties trying to release their next album and a failed attempt at a follow-up single.
Ghost Town Djs - My Boo
When Jermaine Dupri attempted to reinvigorate the whole booty-bass movement with the So So Def Bass All-Stars, he was onto something with Ghost Town DJs. Their song ‘My Boo’ was the epitome of a summer soundtrack, with a video showing off girls washing cars and everyone having a good time. We never really heard from Ghost Town DJs after this track, but it still resonates every time, especially in the social media age, which caused the song to reach an all time high peak on the Hot 100 this year! Thanks to the "Running Man Challenge", the song skyrocketed to no. 27 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2016! It peaked at no. 31 in 1996.
H O N O R A B L E | M E N T I O N S
- Dog's Eye View, "Everything Falls Apart"
- 3T, "Anything"
- Dishwalla, "Counting Blue Cars"
- BoDeans, "Closer To Free"
- Butthole Surfers, "Pepper"
- Spacehog, "In The Meantime"
What were you listening to in '96, ONTD?
Source | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
- jenny will play the ICONIC and most powerful female cartel member of all time, Griselda Blanco
- film is in development
- jenny will win countless awards for this