Articles on this Page
- 06/18/16--16:22: _Dove Cameron & Ryan...
- 06/18/16--16:36: _Just in time for su...
- 06/18/16--17:12: _AMC - PREACHER Ruth...
- 06/18/16--17:15: _Usher - "Crash" mus...
- 06/18/16--18:21: _Nelly Furtado - "Fe...
- 06/18/16--18:23: _Eddie Redmayne and ...
- 06/18/16--19:02: _Calvin Harris on Ta...
- 06/18/16--20:04: _Lee Pace is running...
- 06/18/16--20:16: _Outlander 2x12 Epis...
- 06/18/16--20:22: _Daniel Radcliffe wo...
- 06/18/16--20:25: _Perfection-Made-Fle...
- 06/18/16--20:32: _Zoe Saldana Finally...
- 06/18/16--20:45: _Fanfiction writer e...
- 06/18/16--21:11: _Gugu Mbatha-Raw had...
- 06/18/16--21:12: _Pewdiepie Evicted f...
- 06/18/16--21:42: _Variety Ranks Pixar...
- 06/19/16--05:54: _Miley Cyrus' Charit...
- 06/19/16--05:55: _Calvin Harris is pl...
- 06/19/16--06:21: _Emilia Clarke cover...
- 06/19/16--06:32: _A Paparazzi Exposes...
- 06/18/16--17:12: AMC - PREACHER Ruth Negga interview + new sneak peeks
- 06/18/16--17:15: Usher - "Crash" music video
- 06/18/16--18:21: Nelly Furtado - "Feel So Close"
- 06/18/16--18:23: Eddie Redmayne and his wife Hannah Welcome a Baby Girl!
- 06/18/16--19:02: Calvin Harris on Taylor Swift's new romance: "She's doing her thing"
- 06/18/16--20:16: Outlander 2x12 Episode Promo
- 06/18/16--21:42: Variety Ranks Pixar's Movies (Including "Finding Dory")
- 06/19/16--05:55: Calvin Harris is planning a break-up song about Taylor Swift
- 06/19/16--06:21: Emilia Clarke covers Harper's Bazaar
- 06/19/16--06:32: A Paparazzi Exposes the Art of Celeb Staged Pics
You probably have free tickets from Ticketmaster, just in time for concert season. https://t.co/da7C1tT0AU— Fortune (@FortuneMagazine) June 18, 2016
If you've ever purchased tickets through Ticketmaster, you could possibly have free tickets waiting for you when you log into your account. Following a massive $400 million class action settlement that's been 13 years in the making, anyone who purchased tickets on Ticketmaster’s website between October 21st, 1999 and February 27th, 2013 has been notified via email that they could get discount codes and free tickets. To check if you've got any free tickets, head here: https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/vouchers.
What concerts are you going to this summer?
- Ruth on her character : "I can draw on aspects of male characters, too. I don’t think anyone has a monopoly on any characteristic. I don’t think they should ... I just find it really sort of restrictive to think that I can’t have aspects of a male superhero, or a male protagonist."
- Talks about representation and her thoughts on how her casting is much different than the white, blonde character from the comics
- Ruth on Funko initially releasing figures of Jesse, Cassidy, and Arseface/Eugene but no Tulip (they later added her as an exclusive) : "It’s so narrow-minded ... but also, are they mental?" she said. "Women have money. They’re missing the point; they’re missing the beat. If just being a compassionate human being doesn’t appeal to them, surely a dollar must appeal to them. Use your brains. I can’t believe it."
In the same article, they link to a fantastic piece regarding the differences between Comic Tulip's introduction and TV show Tulip's introduction. Really recommend it to those unfamiliar to the book : Preacher’s Tulip Shows How Far Comic Book Culture Has Come
Two sneak peeks, but can't get them to embed, apologies! Click the links in the tweets.
- Two angels and a vampire negotiate about a human
- Fiore and Deblanc contemplate asking "others" for help
Ok, hopefully I got it right this time, mods, haha! This show got me making a new icon which I've not done since 2010 ♥ all-new episode, Monster Swamp, tomorrow @9/8c on AMC. Love the new tags, btw! Let's try to get Joe one next time =D
SOURCES 1, 2, 3, 4
What a bop! What do you guys think?
Nelly Furtado has released a studio cover of Calvin Harris' 2012 hit "Feel So Close"
She is currently working on her sixth album expected later this year. She's already begun promotion on her Instagram page.
In other news, "Loose" turns 10 years old this month. The album sold more than seven million copies and changed the face of pop music.
I love the name Iris! Congrats to Eddie and Hannah
Calvin Harris on Taylor Swift's new relationship: 'She's doing her thing' (LA Times) https://t.co/71hFeGpfh5— Hot Chick News Tweet (@HotChkNewsTweet) June 18, 2016
-Calvin was asked by the photographers about Hiddleswift and he said "It's all good, it's all good. She's doing her thing."
When will shit go down like he promised, ONTD?
- The Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust utilizes community-based conservation to protect wilderness and wildlife
- MWCT also runs health facilities, provides community outreach and education, and is a large advocate for the elimination of FGM
- Link to the organization here
The NYC Marathon is 42.195km/26.219mi. What is the farthest you have ever ran?
Only two episodes (including the 90 minute finale) left of Season 2!
Dancebelt Radcakes told Stephen Colbert (skip to 4:45): "I feel like I want to see the show. I genuinely am intrigued and I've heard it's fantastic. I just feel like sitting in an audience of what will, for the most part for the near future, be very enthusiastic Harry Potter fans might be not a relaxing way to see a show, I guess. So not for the time being, but I've heard it's fantastic."
He praised the new Harry Potter actor: "Jamie Parker is a wonderful actor and I'm very, very happy to see him play me. Maybe a lot of the questions can shift to him now. He can do all the Harry questions now."
- Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) are the fastest-growing minority demographic in America.
- Despite success in academia and technology, history of under-representation, de jure discrimination, and even imprisonment means voting is vital to make their voices heard.
- John Cho is hot.
Happy 44th birthday to this ageless civic-minded king
“There’s no one way to be black. I’m black the way I know how to be. You have no idea who I am. I am black. I’m raising black men. Don’t you ever think you can look at me and address me with such disdain.”
Then for some reason it got brought up that Saldana was too pretty to play Simone which lead into her wearing the prosthetic nose. "But if you think the [prosthetic] nose I wore was unattractive, then maybe you need to ask yourself, What do you consider beautiful? Do you consider a thinner nose beautiful, so the wider you get, the more insulted you become?"
She ultimately has no regrets about taking the part. “The script probably would still be lying around, going from office to office, agency to agency, and nobody would have done it. Female stories aren’t relevant enough, especially a black female story. I made a choice. Do I continue passing on the script and hope that the ‘right’ black person will do it, or do I say, ‘You know what? Whatever consequences this may bring about, my casting is nothing in comparison to the fact that this story must be told. The fact that we’re talking about her, that Nina Simone is trending? We fucking won,” she said. “For so many years, nobody knew who the fuck she was. She is essential to our American history. As a woman first, and only then as everything else.”
At the end of the interview, she says she's ready to move on and get over this whole thing.
Following the news that Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston were romantically linked, someone from Bustle managed to interview Jennifer Stanley, a fanfiction writer, who eerily predicted the #Hiddleswift coupling back in 2014 after she wrote a crack ship fanfiction about the pair (the fanfic setting is the MET gala).
The writer explained her inspiration for writing about the couple:
"I first found out who Tom Hiddleston was back in October 2014. I quickly learned just how optimistic and upbeat he is — that he likes to remain fit, loves to dance, and also loves '80s music. All of that made me really think that him and Taylor would get along so well. I've been a fan of Taylor's for 10 years now, and naturally I was like, 'Well, because of all of this, let's just put my two faves together!' Hence, Hiddleswift was made."
And as for how she predicted so accurately where Swift and Hiddleston would she said:
I just did one Google Search, that took one minute, to see what events they would ever potentially cross paths at considering they're in two separate fields of work. And the Met Gala was seriously the only event it could ever happen at. I just wanted my research to back up my fanfiction.
She was also asked for predictions concerning the couple's future:
"I need a few days to see what happens before making a prediction. I'd rather not make any calls now, just to get a feel for the aftermath since this is all so sudden."
Source: Amy Mackelden's Twitter - the author of the article
What would you do if your super power was foretelling the future by writing fanfiction a la Tina Belcher, ONTD?
have you had any spiritual experiences, ontd?
To be clear: I made a video, landlord thought I was having gay sex. Comes down to call us faggots. Next day evicted w/o previous notice.— Felix Kjellberg (@pewdiepie) June 17, 2016
The good news in all this, is that I'm clearly qualified to be casted for sound bites in gay porn.— Felix Kjellberg (@pewdiepie) June 17, 2016
Was planning to fight against the situation, but honestly happy to just move far away from that guy. Got more important shit to deal with.— Felix Kjellberg (@pewdiepie) June 17, 2016
Sources: #1, #2
Have you been kicked out without previous notice for having noisy gay sex before, ONTD?
Here's Five (and Variety's reasoning)!
17. The Good Dinosaur - poor animation + one-dimensional characters = "eh" movie
12. Ratatouille - Variety seems to think it's more conceptually ingenious rather than ingenious story
8. Cars - Calls it "Enormously engaging" and most kid-friendly Pixar movie
4. Inside Out - Actually inventive and poignant story about growing up
2. The Incredibles - Superhero movie + family drama + screwball comedy = Pixar classic
So inspired by the love and support from around the world, and there’s still so much work to do for our friends and community affected in Orlando. @happyhippiefdn is teaming up with @Zebra_Coalition to provide hundreds of LGBTQ youth in the Orlando area with counseling and support services since Sunday’s tragedy. Call 407-822-5036 to speak with a counselor and get help. Together we can make sure our community experiences healing, unity and feeling safe again. #LoveisLove #OneOrlando #OrlandoUnited #WeAreOrlando #OrlandoStrong
* He's currently working on some new music and has been milling over some tunes about heartbreak, deceit and lost love
* song might be feature Kanye West and/or Rihanna
* Calvin feels that talking publicly is not the way to go, but expressing things in music is the better option
UK Harper’s Bazaar July 2016 : Emilia Clarke by David Slijper pic.twitter.com/6cZnnO3Ifb— daily emilia (@bestofemiliac) 16 czerwca 2016
In light of the Hiddleswift pics by the rocks, Cosmo talked to Stupid Famous People creator/pap Justin Steffman to shed some light on what goes behind the scenes when paps seemingly score candid pics of celebrities:
On Taylor Swift: Taylor's a celebrity that won't walk outside without perfect makeup & great fashion. She smiles at every pap to make sure they'll get beautiful pictures. Taylor, not only accepts that paps are a part of the business, but she goes out of her way to use us as a tool for publicity.
On Taylor & Tom Hiddleston: First instinct is that the pics are definitely staged but the pap who took the images is one of the best when it comes to capturing sneaky pictures. As it is a huge news story, you always have to wonder, don't you?
On Taylor & Jake Gyllenhaal: Most paps have heard rumors that the first shots of Taylor & Jake looking cozy together on a sidewalk in Brooklyn were staged. They were shot with a long lens from a great distance, but many believe that the tip came from inside Taylor's own camp.
On Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds: The couple hate paps but they release staged pics on a regular basis. In real life, they put their heads down and hide their faces when they see paps— unless they are promoting something.
On Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin: They worked directly with a pap when Apple was born. They staged candid pics and sold the pics to a major magazine for a rumored million dollars.
On Kim Kardashian:She's the biggest example of a celebrity who releases fake pap photos. Kim has a personal pap and she reviews every image released. If they shoot on a beach, these images are heavily Photoshopped and she chooses her favorites to sell.
On Amanda Bynes:Amanda asked me to meet her at IHOP & the first staged shots with her happened on the sidewalk outside. She deleted all of the pictures she disliked. Few days later, she was having a party and wanted to do another staged shoot. Those images ended up on the cover of a tabloid but it backfired when they ran them alongside a very negative (although honest) story about her unhealthy lifestyle.
Share your fave staged pics here, ONTD!