Articles on this Page
- 06/04/16--22:46: _So apparently Zayn ...
- 06/04/16--23:06: _Supernatural [Demo?...
- 06/04/16--23:47: _Fefe Dobson and rap...
- 06/05/16--00:26: _Videos from The Lit...
- 06/05/16--14:32: _Jena Malone's 'Batm...
- 06/05/16--14:32: _AMC - PREACHER Snea...
- 06/05/16--14:58: _Newly Single Calvin...
- 06/05/16--14:59: _'Captain America' a...
- 06/05/16--15:14: _Kylie Kaught Smoking
- 06/05/16--15:46: _Good Evening,Americ...
- 06/05/16--15:46: _ONTD Original: 15 L...
- 06/05/16--15:49: _Netflix Brasil rele...
- 06/05/16--16:03: _Surprise! Lady Gaga...
- 06/05/16--16:27: _ONTD Original: Top ...
- 06/05/16--16:30: _ Chris Evans Wants ...
- 06/05/16--16:44: _Karlie Kloss and Gi...
- 06/05/16--17:30: _Billboard 200 Offic...
- 06/05/16--18:28: _The Walking Dead se...
- 06/05/16--18:31: _Roy Wood$ - Gwan Bi...
- 06/05/16--18:41: _Game of Thrones pre...
- 06/04/16--22:46: So apparently Zayn and Gigi are still together.
- They are still together.
- Break up reports are false.
- Met each other's families.
- 06/04/16--23:47: Fefe Dobson and rapper Yelawolf Break Up + She Trashes His House?
- 06/05/16--00:26: Videos from The Little Mermaid Live at the Hollywood Bowl
- She was cut from the theatrical release, but was finally shown at 'BvS's Ultimate Edition (the Blu-ray edition with the director's cut or something like that) Trailer.
- Her character wears glasses and short blond hair. She's seen saying to Lois Lane: “That’s why you’re a great reporter. This stuff still shocks you.”
- No further info about her character has been given.
- That's it.
- You can see the trailer at SOURCE1.
- Harley looks gr8 and Joker looks like trash which is fitting considering the actors who play them in the movie.
- 06/05/16--14:32: AMC - PREACHER Sneak Peeks for ep1x02 See
- 06/05/16--14:58: Newly Single Calvin Harris Hangs Out With Frank Ocean
- 06/05/16--14:59: 'Captain America' and 'Thor' casts appear in Philly for Wizard World
- 06/05/16--15:14: Kylie Kaught Smoking
- Only hired women to produce her short film 'Kitty'.
- “The more women in power we have, the better it is for us. I think it’s just important to surround yourself with as many women as possible. Sorry, I really love men, too. I love sleeping with men, I love hanging out with men, but I prefer working with ladies.”
- Drags Harmony Korine while explaining why she didn't direct sooner:"My insecurities, mostly. When I first started out I was like "I want direct! I want to try this!", I was at the set of 'Gummo' with my boyfriend at the time who was directing it, and... I kept working, and then working with bigger directors, with more important directors, and real artists, and then I started to get really intimidated by the process."
- I had no idea she was 41 years old already.
- Says that three major directors "crossed the line" with her during auditions.
- 06/05/16--15:46: ONTD Original: 15 LGBT movies to celebrate Pride month
- 06/05/16--16:03: Surprise! Lady Gaga may be getting a Las Vegas residency too
- 06/05/16--16:27: ONTD Original: Top 10 Original Soundtracks
- 06/05/16--16:30: Chris Evans Wants Brie Larson To Play Captain Marvel!
- 06/05/16--16:44: Karlie Kloss and Gigi Hadid in the Versace F/W 2016/17 Ad Campaign
- Drake's Views is #1 for the 5th week with 152k SPS and is predicted to stay #1 again the next week. His streaming is still MASSIVE with 92k units this week (138 million streams). PUre sales declined to 37k this week though.
- Dierks Bentley's Black was #1 in pure sales with 88k, but comes in 2nd on SPS charts with 101k. This is an impressive number since his last album sold 63k first week and his album was on no streaming services.
- Beyonce's Lemonade is 3rd with 79k units
- Fifth Harmony reaches is a new best peak at #4, the highest girl group peak in the US since Little Mix's DNA. 7/27 peaked higher than Reflection, but unfortunately the sales have declined. Reflection sold 62k pure sales and 80k SPS with the biggest hit being 40s peaking BOSS or Sledgehammer. 7/27 did 49k pure sales and 74k SPS, despite having #4 peaking Work From Home.
- 06/05/16--18:31: Roy Wood$ - Gwan Big Up Urself
- 06/05/16--18:41: Game of Thrones preview for tonight's episode.
Source close to the couple:
A new song from British music producer Danny L Harle featuring Carly Rae Jepsen has leaked on the internet. For anyone unfamilar with Danny, he specializes in PC Music.
Check out Supernatural below:
Bop, but definitely sounds unfinsihed.
In a telling Instagram post recently, rapper Yelawolf shared his upcoming projects as well as that he split from fiance (engaged in 2013) Canadian singer Fefe Dobson.
The caption reads:
The rapper has kids from a previous relationship not with her. He however does have her name tattooed on his face. Romantic.
How did your last relationship end, ONTD?
All we are saying is give peace a chance. #thelittlemermaid
Source 1, 2 and 3
Tituss is the best which is unsurprising since he originated the role on Broadway. This seemed like it was fun though!
Who do you think she's playing, ONTD? TYFYA!
Two clips for tonight's new episode @9/8c! It's finally back, rejoice!
Calvin Harris -- Hits the Ocean with Frank Ocean https://t.co/PGtdDbgLFu— TMZ (@TMZ) June 5, 2016
- Calvin Harris heads to his car after grabbing a bite to eat with friends at Nobu Malibu, Calif. He was joined by Frank Ocean as they headed to an exclusive hotspot after dinner.
The 18-year-old was seen smoking while hanging out with Hailey Baldwin, Gigi Hadid and sister Kendall Jenner at trendy spot The Nice Guy in West Hollywood.
-FYI it will be illegal for adults under 21 to buy cigs starting June 9th in Kalifornia! She's going to have ta kick ha habit.
Do u smoke ONTD?
Do you have gender preferences when it comes to work colleagues, ONTD? TYFYA!
15 movies that are not Brokeback Mountain or Blue is the Warmest Color
All About My Mother (Todo Sobre Mi Madre)
Viewed by many critics and cinephiles as Pedro Almodóvar's best film, All About My Mother is a meditation on the beauty and complexity of women and how some lucky men are endowed with that same mix of softness and grit. It is told through the experiences of Manuela (Argentinian actress Cecilia Roth), who loses and gains children, lovers, and friends during an odyssey through Madrid and Barcelona. The protagonist also encounters AIDS and drugs, but the tale doesn't feel soapy, only heartfelt. All the characters face life with a passion and resolve that feels uniquely Spanish. With beautiful cinematography and near-perfect performances, out director Almodovar proved himself a global treasure with this film.
Available on Netflix Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Italy
In this adaptation of the novel "The Price of Salt" by Patricia Highsmith, Therese (Rooney Mara), a young department-store clerk in 1950s Manhattan, meets Carol (Cate Blanchett), a beautiful older woman stuck in a depressing marriage of convenience. As their bond deepens and they become romantically involved, Carol finds the strength to leave her husband (Kyle Chandler). Unfortunately, her spouse starts to raise questions about her fitness as a mother when he realizes that Carol's relationships with her best friend Abby (Sarah Paulson) and Therese are more than just friendships. Voted Best LGBT Movie by the BFI.
Atafeh and her brother, Mehran, have grown up privileged, in a home filled with music, art, and intellectual curiosity. While Atafeh dreams of fame and adventure, and she and her best friend, Shireen, explore Tehran's underground scene with youthful exuberance and determination to be themselves, her brother returns home from drug rehab, renounces his former decadent life, and replaces his once obsessive practice of classical music with more destructive pursuits.
Donna Deitch's directorial debut is the first "real" lesbian film (an out lesbian, nobody dies, two women have sex). Based on lesbian author Jane Rule’s novel, Desert of the Heart follows Vivian (Helen Shaver), a repressed divorcee waiting out the legal finalities in a ranch guesthouse in 1950s Nevada. Vivian is all class and repression, and the ranch owner warns her to stay away from her irrepressible lesbian daughter Cay (Patricia Charbonneau, wearing jean shorts and cowboy boots and a whole lot of lesbian lust). Turns out, that’s who she’s drawn to, and soon Cay is unrepressing Viv in the first real lesbian sex scene in a film. Their growing relationship played against the rocky red soil and rolling landscape doesn’t necessarily have a future, but it’s the sight of Vivian’s slow but seismic sexual awakening that makes this film Deitch’s valentine to the rest of us.
Far From Heaven
Gay writer-director Todd Haynes pays worthy homage to the 1950s melodramas of Douglas Sirk. Julianne Moore is exquisite as a suburban housewife whose life is upended when she discovers her husband (Dennis Quaid) is gay, and she finds herself attracted to a black gardener (Dennis Haysbert). Haynes does it all in the lush Sirk style, while addressing issues that stayed under the radar of '50s films.
One of the most important lesbian films of all time, the indie romantic drama Go Fish was lauded when it came out in the early 1990s as the first film about being a lesbian and helped mirror conversations happening in the real world about butch-femme dichotomies, familial pressures for queers of color, owning lesbian history, and why lesbians who sleep with men get lambasted.
The story of two passionate, on-again-off-again lovers won Best Director for Wong Kar-wai at Cannes. It follows Yiu-Fai and Po-Wing on a trip to Argentina that seems to leave the couple falling apart. On a list of the 50 most essential gay films from Out magazine, playwright Tony Kushner described Happy Together's leading men enthusiastically. "The actors are both brilliant, funny, and terrifically moving, irritating and endearing," he wrote. "They bicker, battle, and make love with complete abandon, and — well, why not say it? — they’re the sexiest gay couple ever filmed."
My Own Private Idaho
Gay director Gus Van Sant's meandering story follows River Phoenix, who plays Mike, a troubled gay street hustler, and his best friend (played by Keanu Reeves) from the streets of Portland to Seattle to Italy and Idaho. Along the way, the film explores love and loss, betrayal and the street life a lot of LGBT kids find themselves in. It's a bit of a gay Easy Rider and a must-see; poignant, emotional, frustrating, and don't expect a happy ending.
Pariah, a coming-of-age tale about a 17-year-old black lesbian in Brooklyn, N.Y., is a breakthrough film that is marked by a strong performance from actress Adepero Oduye, who, as the protagonist Alike, explores and eventually embraces her sexuality within an environment where the stakes of such honesty are high. When Alike finally reveals her true self to her parents, the results are both heartbreaking and hopeful. Written and directed by Dee Rees and produced by Spike Lee, Pariah was lauded by critics, who praised how it imbued the familiar narrative of coming out with a freshness and vitality that resonated with audiences regardless of sexual orientation.
Available on Netflix US
Paris is Burning
This documentary shone a bright light on the African-American, Latino, and LGBT communities involved in the New York City ball culture of the mid-to-late 1980s. Directed by Jennie Livingston, Paris Is Burning brought an underground aspect of LGBT culture to the mainstream. From the use of slang (“serving realness”) to unforgettable quotes (“reading is fundamental”), the film has had a lasting impact on both LGBT and mainstream pop culture.
Yes, a lesbian rom-com! Wilhelmina Pang (Michelle Krusiec) is a surgeon living in Manhattan whose mother (Joan Chen) is eager for her to settle down with a nice man and get married. What Ma doesn't know is that Wilhelmina happens to be a lesbian -- or rather, Ma prefers not to acknowledge it, since she once walked in on Wilhelmina and her girlfriend several years before. As it happens, Wilhelmina is looking for someone special in her life, and thinks she may have found her in Vivian (Lynn Chen), a beautiful dancer, but a fear of commitment and a desire to keep her medical career on track is making their relationship problematic. As Wilhelmina tries to get her love life in order, her mother's shifts into crisis mode. Ma, a 48-year-old widow, has just discovered she's pregnant, and her staunchly traditional father (Li Zhiyu) will not allow her back into the home they share until she's married someone respectable. Unwilling to name the father of her baby, Ma is forced to move in with Wilhelmina, and while enduring the emotional roller coaster of pregnancy she is being pressured by friends and relatives to marry Cho (Nathaniel Geng), a sweet but boring man she doesn't especially like.
Tangerine is a 2015 American comedy-drama film directed by Sean S. Baker and written by Baker and Chris Bergoch, starring Kitana Kiki Rodriguez, Mya Taylor, and James Ransone. The story follows a transgender sex worker who discovers her boyfriend and pimp has been cheating on her. The film was shot with three iPhone 5s smartphones.
Available on Netflix Canada, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Italy, USA, Netherland, Belgium, Spain, Japan, Russia, Poland
The Way He Looks (Hoje Eu Quero Voltar Sozinho)
A Brazilian coming-of-age romantic drama film based on the 2010 short film I Don't Want to Go Back Alone (Eu Não Quero Voltar Sozinho). Leonardo is a blind teenager searching for independence. His everyday life, the relationship with his best friend, Giovana, and the way he sees the world change completely with the arrival of Gabriel.
Available on Netflix US and Brazil
Watch the short film here.
A French family with two daughters, 10-year-old Laure and 6-year-old Jeanne, moves to a new neighborhood during the summer holidays. With her Jean Seberg haircut and tomboy ways, Laure is immediately mistaken for a boy by the local kids and passes herself off as Michael. Filmmaker Céline Sciamma brings a light and charming touch to this drama of childhood gender confusion. Zoe Heran as Laure/Michael and Malonn Levanna as Jeanne are nothing less than brilliant. This is a relationship movie: relationships between children, and the even more complicated one between one's heart and body.
Available on Netflix Canada, Brazil, Germany and Italy
This beautifully restrained film tells the story of two young gay British men who meet at a club, hook up, and fall in love over the course of an eventful weekend. One of the guys is introverted and half-closeted, while the other is brash, gregarious, and wears his sexuality on his sleeve; their worldviews complement each other and their chemistry is explosive. Through passionate conversations, many drug-fueled, they alternately challenge, confuse, and confound each other. It's a grown-up, no-holds-barred exploration of modern love between men, and even the sex is honest. Directed by Andrew Haigh, who's moved on to executive-produce HBO's Looking, the film well deserved its status as a critical darling.
Available on Netflix Canada, US, Australia, New Zealand and the Netherlands
source (youtube): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15
source (descriptions): 1 (and a list of 175 movies) | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
netflix search | flag
(You can activate english subtitles in the video)
- The video was released a few days ago as part of Brazil's pride parade.
- You can see LGBTQI characters from Sense8, Orange is the New Black and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt with real trans women, lesbians, gay men and effeminate men.
Awww, this was really sweet. ONTD. Who's your favorite LGBTQI character in TV?
On the heels of rumors surfacing that Justin Timberlake was in talks for a lucrative Las Vegas residency comes word (surely to the delight of her most ardent fans) that Mother Monster might be getting a Vegas deal of her own!
- Fans were recently hit with the news that Lady Gaga was releasing another jazz album with Tony Bennett this fall & these new rumors might play a part
- Reportedly Las Vegas insiders are saying that she is in talks to sign on for a string of dates at the newly renovated 5000k Park Theater at the Monte Carlo that's set to open at the end of the year
- It is of note that Lady Gaga did a tour as well as a string of shows with Tony in Vegas & a residency would surely fit up 90 year old Tony's alley.
are you excited for Lady Gaga in Vegas, ontd?
10. Social Network
Okay movie, amazing soundtrack, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross have done an amazing job in reflecting a dark ambiance with the soundtrack. The OST got a %76 on Metacritics, and debuted #1 on Billboard's top soundtracks list.
9. The Graduate
With both Sound of Silence, and Mrs. Robinson, undoubtedly one of the most iconic soundtracks. The ode to older women went on to inspire many more soundtracks, from Forrest Gump, to The Holiday.
8. Breakfast Club
Featuring Simple Minds' Don't You Forget About Me, Breakfast Club, while being one of the most iconic movies of the 80s, also has a soundtrack that perhaps is the embodiment of the 80s.
7. Perks Of Being A Wallflower
And in that moment, were u infinite ONTD ?
Despite the criticism of the elite 4, Perks of Being a Wallflower actually has a good OST, featuring The Smiths, Sonic Youth and Bowie. Riding coattails for sure, but doesn't make it any less good.
6. Kill Bill Vol.1
I honestly debated a lot between this and Lost Highway, but decided Kill Bill deserved it more even though my heart would side with Lost Highway (Reznor and MM, it was a really good soundtrack tbh) but Kill Bill has the iconic hit Bang Bang, and nothing on Lost Highway tops that.
5. Romeo + Juliet
Playing personal favorites, but genuinely one of my favorite movies, featuring one of my favorite artists deserves this spot. Also featuring Lovefools, and Talk Show Host ? The Cardigans and Radiohead claim this spot alone tbh.
4. Great Gatsby
I will not pretend. I've been in love with Young & Beautiful since it came out. It may not deserve #4, alas, idc. I love that song. Kimye requested Lana to play it during their wedding (lmao they are nothing if classy !!!) No but honestly, Young & Beautiful remains as Lana's perhaps most successful track (side eyeing BTD and Ride). Dear lord, when I get to heaven...
Well, what to say. From Lou Reed to Iggy Pop, to New Order. It was just a good soundtrack. (Pulp & Bowie as well)
2. Moulin Rouge
The reason an entire generation knows how to ask for sex in french.
1. Velvet Goldmine
I will forever play personal favorites and since it's my favorite movie of all times, roll with it. It features Ewan McGregor singing Gimme Danger and Hot One, 20th Century Boy by Placebo, features Radiohead as well. Shame Bowie never greenlit his songs being used on the movie.
Honorable mentions include, but not limited to: Bodyguard, Natural Born Killers, Lost Highway, Pulp Fiction, Marie Antoinette, Slumdog Millionaire, 50 Shades and oddly enough Guardians of Galaxy.
src: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
What are your favorite OST jams ONTD ?
"I just heard about that. I really hope that happens! I love Brie Larson. We did a movie together back in '09, Scott Pilgrim vs The World."
karlie kloss for versace | ph. bruce weber pic.twitter.com/98I7Cj4FNu— pixie (@pixts) 4. Juni 2016
I hope this isn't true tbh.
OVO Sound artist Roy Wood$ releases his new single 'Gwan Big Up Urself' on Apple Music.
Gwan Big Up Urself - Single by Roy Woods https://t.co/GNhoUysI6X— October's Very Own (@welcomeOVO) June 4, 2016