Articles on this Page
- 05/31/16--13:41: _Disney announces re...
- 05/31/16--13:47: _Preview of Sundance...
- 05/31/16--14:50: _Rashida Jones talks...
- 05/31/16--14:57: _Karl Lagerfeld is n...
- 05/31/16--15:25: _Queen Elizabeth on ...
- 05/31/16--15:52: _Lin-Manuel Miranda'...
- 05/31/16--15:52: _FX orders X-Men ins...
- 05/31/16--15:52: _'Work From Home' Go...
- 05/31/16--16:09: _Guitarist of Alt-Ro...
- 05/31/16--16:14: _Tom Mison speaks on...
- 05/31/16--16:18: _Depp punched wall &...
- 05/31/16--16:19: _In News To Make You...
- 05/31/16--16:45: _39 Movies That Are ...
- 05/31/16--17:23: _Jack and Ianto (the...
- 05/31/16--17:23: _Salma Hayek covers ...
- 05/31/16--18:02: _OITNB Creator Sets ...
- 05/31/16--18:29: _Melissa McCarthy se...
- 05/31/16--18:57: _Willa Holland talks...
- 05/31/16--18:58: _Carey Mulligan and ...
- 05/31/16--18:58: _Ranking TV's Draculas.
- 05/31/16--13:41: Disney announces release date for Mary Poppins sequel
- 05/31/16--13:47: Preview of Sundance TV's "The A Word"
- Follows a family learning and coming to terms with their five year-old kid's autism diagnosis
- Stars Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who, Leftovers) and Max Vento
- Originally aired on BBC1 in the UK
- First episode of six airs on Sundance TV on July 13th at 10 pm
- 05/31/16--14:50: Rashida Jones talks feminism with Stephen Colbert - Shit gets messy
- 05/31/16--14:57: Karl Lagerfeld is now designing engagement rings
- 05/31/16--15:25: Queen Elizabeth on the cover of Vanity Fair
- 05/31/16--15:52: Lin-Manuel Miranda's In the Heights Film Adaptation is Back On
- 05/31/16--15:52: FX orders X-Men inspired series "Legion"
- 05/31/16--16:09: Guitarist of Alt-Rock Band Surfer Blood Dies
- Thomas Fekete of Surfer Blood has passed away due to a very aggressive cancer.
- Revealed his diagnosis in April 2015, when he announced he had to drop out of the bands tour to get treatment.
- Had a tumor removed but the cancer spread to his spine and lungs :(
- he was only 27 :(((
- 05/31/16--16:14: Tom Mison speaks on Nicole Beharie's "Sleepy Hollow" exit
- 05/31/16--16:45: 39 Movies That Are Better Than The Book
- 05/31/16--18:58: Carey Mulligan and Garrett Hedlund on the Set of 'Mudbound'
- 05/31/16--18:58: Ranking TV's Draculas.
Emily Blunt is playing Mary Poppins
Lin-Manuel Miranda's playing some new dude named Jack
Rob Marshall is set to direct
Release date is set for December 25, 2018
it's unnecessary, but i'll allow it
British people who've seen this, is this worth watching?
-Stephen Colbert had Rashida Jones on The Late Show last week and talked about her new TV show and feminism.
It was not good.
-At 2:45 Stephen brings up feminism & asks Rashida why she thinks feminist has become a bad word to some people
-At 4:15 Rashida gives Stephen some sexist interview questions that women often get on the red carpet
-at 6:00 it starts going downhill real quick. Stephen interrupts Rashida while she is talking about the struggles of womenhood to explain why it's hard to be a man. Rashida stays unimpressed while Stephen starts talking about how he doesn't see gender when he looks at a person, refrences sex clubs & then asks if he's being sexist.
-At 7:00 Stephen says "I will point out one way it is harder to be a man than a woman, ok? It is impossible for a python to bite a woman's penis." Rashida side eyes him while she laughs and says "That's not true" and then gets the fuck out of this ridicuously bad interview
IMO, he got way too caught up in being funny and didn't actually listen to anything Rashida was saying.
-"Karl Lagerfeld bridal jewelry collections are inspired by the brand's unique design codes and signature DNA that is iconic, creative and cool," jewellery brand Frederick Goldman (who are collaborating with Lagerfeld) said in a press release.
- All of the styles are offered in 18-karat white and yellow gold, as well as platinum, and prices start at $1,000 to $10,000 and will be sold in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and the U.K.
engagement ring post!
Lin's first big musical, which won the Tony award for Best Musical, was in development hell over at Universal since 2011. However, the Weinstein Co. has decided to revive adaptation talks due to the success of Hamilton.
While Lin will produce and be heavily involved, he will not star because he has aged out of the role.
Dream cast, ONTD?
- "Legion" first season will have eight episodes and will debut in early 2017. The series will be produced by FX Productions and Marvel Television with Fargo's Noah Hawley executive producing
- “Legion” will center around David Haller (Dan Stevens), who has struggled with mental illness since he was a teenager. 'Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.'
- In the comics, David is the mutant son of Professor Charles Xavier and Israeli Holocaust survivor Gabrielle Haller
- The cast will include Aubrey Plaza (playing David's friend Lenny), Rachel Keller (playing Melanie, a therapist who will be a mix of Rogue & Spyke), along with Jeremie Harris, Amber Midthunder, Jean Smart, Katie Aselton and Bill Irwin
'Work From Home' received various certifications last week. Platinum certification in the UK, in Canada and Australia.
The Fifth Harmony single is now 2x Platinum in Australia, Platinum in the USA, the UK, Sweden, New Zealand, Canada and Gold in Italy, Spain and Denmark.
The official cover art for 'All In My Head (Flex)' by Fifth Harmony featuring Fetty Wap. pic.twitter.com/LCbnDT06Rp— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) May 27, 2016
'work from home' reached a new peak at #4 on the billboard. it can now die in peace. it did its job and can now pass the torch to 'all in my head' as 5H next successful single. hopefully, help the album tragic sales.
sources: ukcartnews x auschartnews x canchartnews x allinmyhead
-Mentions how none of the characters except Katrina and Ichabod had a specific racial background. When they casted John Cho, Orlando Jones & Nicole Beharie, they just chose the best people for the job.
-When you have a woman of color in the lead role, it’s not just a woman of color in the lead role. It immediately means so much more than that, across the whole of America. There’s a woman of color in a position that not very long ago she wouldn’t have been. It comes to symbolize so much more. So when something like this happens, when they kill off said character, of course it’s going to mean an awful lot more, consequently.
-Says he doesn't know the politics behind Nicole's exit (lol liar).
-Always though of Ichabod as the sidekick since Abbie is the character that the audience can relate to.
-Did not care about Ichabod's background in the first season.
-He and Nicole are still friends and he wants to work with her again.
-Filming starts back in July.
-The decision for Abbie to be killed off was decided an episode or two before & that's when he found out.
- injury sustained in Australia, but not during filming
- he had to fly back to the United States to receive medical treatment and surgery (pin inserted into a finger), which halted filming for over a month
- source states that the injury happened during a fight with Amber, after punching a wall, and also that they "fought all the time"
Your favorite Vanilla Queen - Lauren Conrad wrote a letter on her blog to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Iconic MTV show, "The Hills." The show debuted way back on MTV May 31st 2006 and was a highly successful spin off of "Laguna Beach." To help celebrate a milestone, Lauren did what she had not done in over a decade - watch the pilot to the very first episode of "The Hills" and teams up with MTV once again to film a Hills special to air August 2nd 2016.
ONTD, what's your favorite scene from "The Hills" ?
- Stand By Me (The Body - Stephen King)
- The Last of the Mohicans (The Last of the Mohicans: A Narrative of 1757 - James Fenimore Cooper)
- The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien)
- The Devil Wears Prada ( The Devil Wears Prada - Lauren Weisberger)
- Fight Club (Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk)
- Jack (John Barrowman) and Ianto (Gareth David-Lloyd) are coming back for a new 3-part miniseries called 'Torchwood: Outbreak'. Eve Myles (Gwen), Kai Owen (Rhys) and Tom Price (PC Andy Davidson) are also coming back. More guests stars will be announced soon.
- The 3 radio episodes will be set before Children of Earth and after the deaths of Toshiko and Owen.
- The story is about a medical trial gone wrong, and one of the test subjects is loose on Cardiff. Infecting people, the Goverment declares an Outbreak and Jack realizes that something alien is causing the infection.
- It'll be released in November 2016 to celebrate the show's 10th anniversary.
- Also, John shared a lovely pic of him and Gareth recording 'Torchwood: Outbreak'.
ONTD, how much do you miss Janto?
"Sex is not the key to a happy marriage, but it's a side effect. Although not every day! If it's every day, it loses its charm. It's so important to maintain your chemistry. You have to continue to laugh, explore, have fun with each other and have romance. A good marriage, full of love, is my biggest accomplishment. Home is where my husband is. He is home. Everything outside of the family nucleus is an adventure that you’re living together."
"Even though I struggle every moment with my own judgement of my body, I’m in touch with myself. I try to be really aware of every muscle. It is sexy. Sexuality, what other people see in you, is enjoying your body. Involve your senses in your life, and you will become sexy. Dance, and not to look good. If you dance terribly, still dance."
Jenji Kohan will exec produce 'GLOW' (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling), inspired by the female wrestling syndicated TV series.
The 10-episode comedy is based on the professional women's wrestling syndicated TV series from the '80s, and will tell the fictionalized story of an out-of-work actress who finds one last attempt to live her dreams in the form of a weekly series about female wrestlers.
The show is co-created by Liz Flahive (Homeland) and Carly Mensch (Orange). Mensch, Kohan and Orange's Tara Herrmann will exec produce. Flahive and Mensch — who previously collaborated on Showtime's Nurse Jackie — will serve as show runners.
The movie was originally set up with Julianne Moore in the lead, who apparently left the project because of creative differences with its writer, Nicole Holofcener, and it will be directed by 'Diary of a Teenage Girl' helmer Marielle Heller.
The film is based on Lee Israel's memoir who used to write profiles for famous people such as Katherine Hepburn, then took to forging famous people's letters to make ends meet, but when suspicion grew she started stealing letters from archives instead, making copies of them in her apartment, exchanging them for the real letters and smuggling the originals out in her shoe. She was under house arrest for six months in 1993 and died in 2014.
-Losing Katie felt like losing a limb
-It was very hard to deal with since they worked together for 4 years compared to past co-stars that they've had to kill off (Tommy/Moira)
-Is excited to see what they do with KC next
-She and Katrina Law want E2 counterparts since E2 is cooler
-Crossovers are hard and exhausting
-The show was building their own Suicide Squad but had to scrap all plans due to DC embargoing the team/certain characters
-Found it annoying
-Thinks that Green Arrow and The Flash should be played by SA/GG in the movie-verse
-Disagrees WB on not having SA/GG in the movies but since they pay the bills can't really say or do much about it
Stephen Amell responds to fan backlash over Arrow season 4 finale https://t.co/1e76i7T5sa— Pop Culture Cosmos (@PopCultureCosmo) May 31, 2016
-Thinks Twitter fans are just a loud minority
-They still have many traditional viewers who don't tweet throughout the show (I guess they actually pay attention?)
-Says the fandom has split into fandoms over a certain relationship
-Only a loud minority doesn't like said relationship
-If you hate the characters then you aren't a true fan
The process of game making! Freakin awesome!!! pic.twitter.com/gjIqDh8gBg— Katie Cassidy (@MzKatieCassidy) May 31, 2016
-She'll be playing a the lead female in a unnamed video game
Carey Mulligan and Garrett Hedlund were recently photographed in New Orleans on the set of Mudbound. The film is based on the 2008 novel of the same name written by Hillary Jordan. Mudbound tells the story of two families working together on a Mississippi Delta cotton farm in 1946. Mulligan will play the Memphis-bred Laura McAllan, who is forced to leave her comfortable life in the city and move her young family to a desolate, rural Mississippi town after her husband purchases a run-down cotton farm. Jason Clarke is set to play her husband Henry McAllan; while Garrett Hedlund will play his younger brother, a handsome but troubled WWII veteran. The film will also focus on the Jacksons, a family of black tenant farmers who live and work on the McAllans' farm. Jason Mitchell is set to play Ronsel Jackson, a celebrated war hero who returns home only to be met with the racism and bigotry of the Jim Crow South. Mary J. Blige has also joined the cast, presumably playing Mitchell's mother, Florence Jackson. The novel/film is largely centered on the friendship that develops between Hedlund's and Mitchell's characters. Mudbound is directed by Dee Rees, the critically-acclaimed filmmaker behind Pariah (2011) and Bessie (2015).
Edited to add:
Photo of Jason Clarke and Garrett Hedlund in NOLA:
On-set photo from one of the actors:
Tweet from the writer on MJB's casting:
Source 1, 2
Tweets: 1, 2, 3
9. The Munsters
-Was a fun character but had no bite to him
-Only bit arms instead of necks
- Todd Stashwick camped up the character so well that made him unforgettable
5. Dracula: The Series
-His fangs were sharper then the actual series
3. NBCs Dracula
-He was the sexiest Dracula but he was more Vlad Tepis than Tepes
-Series wasn't very strong
2. Buffy The Vampire Slayer
-He was very charismatic
They didn't really give any definite reasons
Whose your fav Dracula? Fave vamp in general?