Articles on this Page
- 05/17/16--17:11: _Kesha addresses Dr....
- 05/17/16--18:03: _The Flash 2x23 "The...
- 05/17/16--19:11: _ryan coogler interv...
- 05/17/16--19:15: _Looking: The Movie ...
- 05/17/16--19:16: _Youtuber Kat Blaque...
- 05/17/16--19:28: _Serena Van Der Wood...
- 05/17/16--19:42: _Larry David: Hamilt...
- 05/17/16--19:42: _BTS aka the Kings o...
- 05/17/16--19:49: _Matt Bomer had to f...
- 05/17/16--20:44: _Person of Interest ...
- 05/17/16--20:47: _Shocking News, Holl...
- 05/17/16--20:47: _Jon Berg and Geoff ...
- 05/17/16--20:49: _Gaming company unde...
- 05/17/16--21:29: _Kelly Rowland's gir...
- 05/18/16--16:52: _Dita Von Teese coll...
- 05/18/16--16:52: _The Psychic Twins: ...
- 05/18/16--16:53: _Ariana's Dangerous ...
- 05/18/16--17:18: _Nick Jonas Performs...
- 05/18/16--17:47: _Empire Post: Extend...
- 05/18/16--18:22: _Arrow 4x23 "Schism"...
- 05/17/16--17:11: Kesha addresses Dr. Luke's ban on her at Billboard Awards
- 05/17/16--18:03: The Flash 2x23 "The Race of His Life" season finale promo
- 05/17/16--19:11: ryan coogler interview on rocky, comics, hiring women, & hamilton
- 05/17/16--19:15: Looking: The Movie has a release date!
- 05/17/16--19:16: Youtuber Kat Blaque on Azealia Banks and problematic faves
- 05/17/16--19:28: Serena Van Der Woodsen Posts About Her "Oakland Booty" On Instagram
- 05/17/16--19:42: BTS aka the Kings of pop save your summer with "Save Me"
- 05/17/16--19:49: Matt Bomer had to fight Russell Crowe
- 05/17/16--20:44: Person of Interest 5x06 Promo "A More Perfect Union"
- ELIAS IS ALIVE!!
- 05/17/16--20:47: Jon Berg and Geoff Johns now in charge of DC Films
- Zack Snyder & co seem to be taking a back seat due to the two critical missteps of Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman
- Jon Berg and Geoff Johns will balance each other out, with Berg being the seasoned film executive, and Johns being the comic veteran.
- Both Berg and Johns have a close relationship with newly appointed Justice League executive producer Ben Affleck, with Berg collaborating with Affleck on both Argo and Live By Night and Johns reportedly co-producing and writing the Batman solo.
- Johns is an integral part of DC Comics' "Rebirth" as well as DC TV's Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl.
- Kelly Rowland currently has a show on BET called "Chasing Destiny" where she auditions and trains girls to form a new girl group, which will have a record deal with LA Reid's Epic Records
- On this week's episode, Kelly finally formed the group after endless harmony, dance, and vocal lessons
- The group is currently
- Gabby, Shyann, Brienna, Ashly, and Kristal
- With the help of vocal coach, Stevie Mackey, they did their first performance on the show in front of others in LA
- They sang Hotline Bling and killed it with amazing harmonies
- The studio version is up on soundcloud, but no one has the TV version recorded yet
- 05/18/16--16:52: Dita Von Teese collabs with Die Antwoord on new track.
- 05/18/16--16:52: The Psychic Twins: Celebrity Predictions
- Kardashian pregnancy (Blac Chyna)
- Washington DC shooting
- YouTuber Sam Tsui comes out
- Death of Prince from an overdose
- Adele pregnancy announcement within a year
- Selena Gomez will produce a successful TV drama. Marriage within 5 years.
- One of the 5th Harmony will take off as a solo artist. Most likely the racist one.
- Romantic relations between 2 5th Harmonies
- 05/18/16--17:47: Empire Post: Extended 'Past is Prologue' preview
- 05/18/16--18:22: Arrow 4x23 "Schism" season finale promo
"I was very excited to perform a tribute to Bob Dylan by singing a cover of "it aint me babe" at the Billboard awards this year. I'm very sad and sorry to say I won't be allowed to do this. I just wanted to make very clear that this performance was about me honoring one of my favorite songwriters of all time and has never had anything at all to do with Dr. Luke. I was never going to use a picture of him, speak of him or allude to my legal situation in any way. I simply wanted to sing a song I love to honor an artist I have always looked up to. Thank u all for the continued support."
Ryan Coogler is featured in Fast Company. His thoughts on working with women cinematographers: pic.twitter.com/VONvrpLod4— Dora Milaje (@FilmFatale_NYC) May 17, 2016
+ On the importance of hiring women.
+ On Rocky:With making Creed, I wasn’t thinking I was gonna make a "black Rocky" movie, it was more that I wanted to make a movie about what me and my dad were going through, and my dad’s favorite character was Rocky, and it was kind of an allegory for us. And Apollo Creed was always there, and black people loved Apollo Creed. He was like a god to us, so it was another interesting way to bring that character back.
+ On directing a Hamilton movie:I know Lin Miranda—I got a chance to meet him a few years back, and we reconnected since, and after I went to see it somebody asked if I would be interested in making it, and I said that everybody is interested in making that. Talking with Lin, whenever he decides to make it, it’s going to be so far down the road. It needs to live on stage, travel the country, and travel the world before they make it a movie.
+ On Black Panther:It’s a specific challenge. What Marvel’s doing, and what you see a lot of studios doing now that Marvel has done it so successfully, is making content that exists in a particular universe, where the characters tie in and crossover, and I think that’s a great creative challenge to me—to make this movie as personal as possible. It’s going to be my most personal movie to date, which is crazy to say, but it’s completely the case. I’m obsessed with this character and this story right now, and I think it’s going to be very unique and still fit into the overall narrative that they’re establishing. I grew up as a comic book fan, and the same things used to happen in the comic books. You’d have Wolverine’s books, and they’d be so much darker and more brutal than the X-Men books, but they’d still fit in when you open the pages of the X-Men book. It’s new to movies, but it’s not new to storytelling.
sources1 / 2 / full interview
The 90-minute movie will premiere July 23rd, and will take place one year after the series finale.
- On how everyone can be problematic: "Regardless of how well we'd all like to see ourselves, we all have the capacity to be problematic and most of us are." (Including me)
- She talks about how problematic is often overused and when do people stop being problematic and are just straight up trash.
- Brings up Azealia Banks and her now infamous Twitter rant where she used racial slurs against Zayn Malik and attacked Skai Jackson, who is fourteen years old.
- Talks about her conclusion that media being problematic is to be expected and how as people become more and more conscious of ways in which oppression materializes, she thinks it's good to be critical about the media we consume.
- Breaks down why she won't support Azealia Banks anymore and how she thinks each of us has to define what our limit is when it comes to harmful biases and when you think you should withdraw your support from something.
Source: Kat Blaque's youtube
"@blakelively: L.A. face with an Oakland Booty"
Blake Lively shared a pic on Instagram, paired with an...interesting caption.
Sorry Mods! Forgot the source last time
Larry David says 'Hamilton' success fueled in part by white people trying to be ‘hip’ https://t.co/yklEpWWTb8— TIME.com (@TIME) May 17, 2016
- says white liberals love that it makes them seem ~cool~ and ~progressive~
- says despite that, he thinks it's a great piece of work
This is like if Bieber had better songs and actual challenging choreography.
Matt Bomer on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
Discussing The Good Guys, how Russell Crowe choked him (severely)and then sexy eating cupcakes.
hope you take it mods, it's just cute and stuff
Is it just me or is Matt really letting his freak flag fly in these latest interviews?
Needs MattBomer tag.
"A More Perfect Union" - The Machine sends Reese and Finch to a wedding to protect a pair of POIs before their nuptials. Also, Fusco becomes angry at being kept in the dark by the team and takes it upon himself to investigate a string of missing person reports, on PERSON OF INTEREST, Monday, May 23rd on CBS.
Next week there is one ep on Monday and two eps on Tuesday.
Source - 1
In another "everyfuckingbody knows this" segment, Hollywood keeps blaming the public for the lack of diversity in movies and shows, so Venkat Kuppuswamy and Peter Younkin, business-school professors at the University of North Carolina and McGill University, respectively, took a look at data on the film industry in order to measure how diverse casts went over at box offices and the results are a surprise TO NO ONE.
The researchers came to the conclusion that audiences don’t reject films with diverse lead actors, they actually prefer them. They also found that increasing a cast’s diversity in no way decreases the likelihood that a film will be nominated for an Academy Award.
So with minorities purchasing 46 percent of all movie tickets, simply, there are no excuses.
I invite you all to read the entire article at the source for more information about the study.
This can be also applied to women leading movies as well
What do you think of the changes, ONTD? Better, worse, or it makes no difference?
(Somi is on the left, 19 year old bandmate Sejeong is on the right)
15 year old Jeon Somi is the most popular member of new girl group IOI . She was the #1 overall winner of the show "Produce 101"
Somi, who turned 15 in March, has been the target of gross sexualization by her largely old Korean man fanbase and one gaming company tried to take advantage of that
IOI was picked to promote this new video game and Somi shot advertisements for the game where she was dressed v inappropriately(the pic shown above)
She was also made into a character for the video game and she was given overexaggerrated body parts (ie. huge breasts)
Somi is also half white, leading many to speculate that Korean companies are more okay with sexualizing her and not her bandmates since she looks more "mature" and "exotic" and less Korean
somi during the photoshoot
ONTD, do you think Somi is being sexualized in advertisements like this because she's biracial?
Their harmonies are really impressive, especially for their first time singing together. I hope there aren't line up changes as the show continues...
Today the duo dropped “Gucci Coochie,” a collaboration with Dita Von Teese, The Black Goat & God. The track opens with a note of caution: "Yeah I know, she’s so hot right now. But look out for that one. She’ll fuck up your whole life."
click here to go directly to Soundcloud to listen to the track.
Predictions that came true:
US chart preview: @ArianaGrande, Dangerous Woman 150k (sales only) and 190k (w/ TEA & SEA).— Chart News (@chartnews) May 18, 2016
HDD are predicting that 'Dangerous Woman' could sell 150,000 copies in its first week, with +40,000 SPS push. pic.twitter.com/zieJTPVUCX— Shady Music Facts (@musicnews_shade) May 18, 2016
source 1, 2, 3
ONTD fav Nick Jonas wants to be your new, hot geometry teacher. The gay icon makes his way onto Sesame Street to teach his new friends about shapes. Nicky J's lesson airs this Saturday morning on HBO!
The hardest working man in show biz will also appear on the new season of Running Wild with Bear Grylls. Other guests will include Courteney Cox and Vaness Hudgens!
Paraphrased from @People. YouTube. @BearGrylls.
OLIVER TEAMS UP WITH A SURPRISING FORCE TO STOP DAMIEN DARHK – Oliver (Stephen Amell) teams up with a surprising force in an attempt to stop Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and his magic once and for all. John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti and teleplay by Wendy Mericle and Marc Guggenheim (#423). Original airdate 5/25/2016.
Sources: tvpromosdb / GAtv