Articles on this Page
- 05/10/16--16:17: _Justin Bieber: I'm ...
- 05/10/16--16:18: _Azealia Banks respo...
- 05/10/16--16:18: _Today on news u did...
- 05/10/16--16:56: _Steph Curry gets fi...
- 05/10/16--16:57: _The First Couple of...
- 05/10/16--17:14: _Sophie Turner: Jenn...
- 05/10/16--18:21: _The Flash 2x22 "Inv...
- 05/10/16--18:22: _‘The Good Wife’ Is ...
- 05/10/16--18:31: _Hannah Murray to jo...
- 05/11/16--12:19: _Loretta Devine Call...
- 05/11/16--12:43: _New Arianne Chapter...
- 05/11/16--13:06: _The 69th Annual Can...
- 05/11/16--13:07: _Wynonna Earp showru...
- 05/11/16--13:08: _Jian Ghomeshi apolo...
- 05/11/16--13:26: _ONTD Original: We r...
- 05/11/16--13:40: _Hollywood’s Lack Of...
- 05/11/16--13:41: _Nyle DiMarco Makes ...
- 05/11/16--14:08: _Pablo Schreiber joi...
- 05/11/16--14:08: _Nikolaj Coster Wald...
- 05/11/16--14:09: _Nev Schulman's girl...
- 05/10/16--16:17: Justin Bieber: I'm Done Taking Pictures
- 05/10/16--16:18: Azealia Banks responds to Zayn, shows her true colours
- 05/10/16--16:56: Steph Curry gets first unanimous NBA MVP
- 05/10/16--17:14: Sophie Turner: Jennifer Lawrence "punched me in the vagina"
- 05/10/16--18:21: The Flash 2x22 "Invincible" promo
- 05/10/16--18:22: ‘The Good Wife’ Is Not Alone: 11 (5) Other Series Finales Fans Hated
- Movie is being directed by Bigelow (only woman to ever win a directing Oscar) and is written by Mark Boal who also wrote The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty
- Murray is being considered for a "key role"
- No plot details yet but the movie is about the five day riot that took place in Detroit in 1967 following police brutality
- Bigelow is planning to shoot this summer so tthat the film can be released in time for the 50th anniversary of the riot.
- 05/11/16--13:06: The 69th Annual Cannes Film Festival - Jury Photocall
- 05/11/16--13:07: Wynonna Earp showrunner Emily Andras talks 1X06
- 05/11/16--13:08: Jian Ghomeshi apologizes, Crown drops sexual assault charge
- 05/11/16--13:40: Hollywood’s Lack Of Female Directors Is Under Investigation.
- One year after the civil rights group (ACLU) sent letters to the federal government demanding an investigation into “blatant and rampant discrimination” in Hollywood, the federal agency that enforces employment discrimination laws has finally started the investigation.
- “ACLU SoCal and the ACLU Women’s Rights Project are pleased that the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs gave careful consideration to our findings and responded by launching a wide-ranging and well-resourced investigation into the industry’s hiring practices,” Melissa Goodman, director of the ACLU of Southern California’s LGBTQ, Gender and Reproductive Justice Project, said in a statement. “We are encouraged by the scope of the government’s process and are hopeful that the government will be moving to a more targeted phase.”
- The ACLU also interviewed several female directors who shared stories of being told “we don’t hire women,” or“we tried hiring a woman once.”
- 05/11/16--14:08: Pablo Schreiber joins "American Gods"
- 05/11/16--14:09: Nev Schulman's girlfriend's pregnant with a lil Catfish baby
Source: Justin Bieber's Instagram
Azealia accused Zayn of stealing her style/aesthetic and Zayn allegedly responded to her without actually @'ing her (see previous ontd post). Azealia saw it and decided to show her true colours once again
Yes, I would let him eat my ass anyday. https://t.co/sf2UTbrMfS— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016
YUNG RAPUNXEL ALWAYS WINS PUNJABI!! pic.twitter.com/vK4jkSxcoo— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016
@zaynmalik lol u were the only paki in the group and you knew you were there for a reason.— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016
@zaynmalik you were the the token brown boy. All those white boys in 1D disrespected you and made you their PET— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016
@zaynmalik you were only apart of 1d to draw brown attention. You are and ALWAYS will be a TOKEN to the UK.— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016
Token sand nigga pout: "I was the least celebrated in the white boy group because I'm brown" https://t.co/iHaStz4SqQ— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016
"Trying to make myself known but I'm still known as the token sand nigga from 1D" https://t.co/iHaStz4SqQ— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016
"I eat sand for breakfast and suck dick for dinner" https://t.co/iHaStz4SqQ— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016
Lol zayns faggot ass gave my cell number to his fans. @zaynmalik— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016
@zaynmalik still doesn't change the fact that your mother is a dirty refugee who won't be granted asylum.— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016
LOL @ZAYNMALIK IS A FAGGOT— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016
mods i added more tweets
On life after Twilight:
“I didn’t carve out some path, I didn’t fight hard to be taken seriously. As much as the ‘Twilight’ series shaped and defined me for other people in a grand way, for me it wasn’t something I had to get away from. It was just a long experience on a movie that I liked.”
On her relationships:
"As much as I want to protect myself, it’s not about hiding, as soon as you start throwing up so many walls, you cannot see over them yourself, so you just start isolating in a way that’s not honest. I definitely found where I’m comfortable."
On her personal life leaking through tabloids:
“Women are so judgmental of each other, it’s very innate, instinctive, f—ed-up, animal-like. It was something that was a nuisance, me not defining [my sexuality] right now is the whole basis of what I’m about, if you don’t get it, I don’t have time for you."
Regarding personal relationships:
“When I was dating a guy, I would never talk about my relationships to anyone, I feel the same way now. I’m not hiding shit and I’m very obviously …” (w h a t)
Youngsters w/o labels:
"I had to have some answer about who I was, I felt this weird responsibility, because I didn’t want to seem fearful. But nothing seemed appropriate. I was like ‘F**k, how do I define that?’ I’m not going to."
On embracing LGBTQ commn:
"As much as I want to protect myself, it’s not about hiding, as soon as you start throwing up so many walls, you cannot see over them yourself, so you just start isolating in a way that’s not honest. I definitely found where I’m comfortable."
read more @ src: 1
Sourced properly now I think
-Steph got all 131 first place votes for MVP
-Kawhi Leonard, L*bron, and Bestbrook placed 2, 3, 4 respectively
-This is the second MVP in a row for Curry and 11th player to have consecutive MVPs. The only other point guards to do this are Steve Nash and Magic Johnson.
source1 | source2 | source3
Who knew that tap dancing during perimenopause could lead 2 pregnancy? @thewillswenson& I are completely surprised but elated 2 b expecting— Audra McDonald (@AudraEqualityMc) May 10, 2016
In other news...I may have had 3 croissants today.— Audra McDonald (@AudraEqualityMc) May 10, 2016
...And half my avocado toast.😘 https://t.co/wm1Wfwb1lq— Will Swenson (@thewillswenson) May 10, 2016
👶🏼!!! Congratulations!!!— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) May 10, 2016
When my son asks where babies come from, I will say "tap dancing!"
So thrilled for you! https://t.co/VILwMBKNtF
Well... I just call it "tapping" but.... That's a little different... https://t.co/wF8Aa3XQUH— Will Swenson (@thewillswenson) May 10, 2016
This is the first child for Audra, 46, and Will, 42. Audra has a daughter from a previous relationship and Will has two sons. The couple was married in 2012.
Sophie Turner revealed the following during an interview.
"[Jennifer Lawrence] punched me in the vagina once. I didn’t ask her to either. It just happened. (Co-star) Evan (Peters) and I were having a fake fight and I said something like, ‘I’ll cunt punch you’ or ‘I’ll punch you in the crotch’ and then Jen thought that I said, ‘Please cunt punch me, Jen’, so she punched me in the vagina and I was like, ‘Awesome!’ It was pretty funny.”
Random 5 from the list:
- The Sopranos random cut to black pissed fans off.
- How I Met Your Mother introducing the mother and then killing her off didn't please fans.
- Gossip Girl turning out to be Dan (made no fucking sense)
- Lost not answering any questions
- Dexter killing his sister and becoming a lumberjack or whatever.
Rest at the source
Okay but it's going to be a crime if she doesn't cast Angela Bassett in this.
Starts at about 7 minutes in:
Wendy: Are you by chance playing a lesbian bc she's wearing a tux smh
Loretta: She's what we called in the south, and it might not even be politically correct to say, so I won't say it.
Loretta: Do you want to know what we called it in the south?
Loretta: A diesel d*ke
ONTD, what route will you take to justify her words? Her age, southern roots, or thewhitegays? Take ya pick.
A new chapter from George RR Martin's upcoming The Winds of Winter has been posted on his website. Enjoy.
Here's to all the Dorne fans out there. Thoughts?
French director and member of the Jury Arnaud Desplechin, US actress and member of the Jury Kirsten Dunst, Hungarian director and member of the Jury Laszlo Nemes, French actress / singer and member of the Jury Vanessa Paradis, Canadian actor and member of the Jury Donald Sutherland, Australian director and President of the Jury George Miller, Iranian producer and member of the Jury Katayoon Shahabi, Danish actor and member of the Jury Mads Mikkelsen and Italian actress / director and member of the Jury Valeria Golino pose on May 11, 2016 during a photocall ahead of the opening of the 69th Cannes Film Festival, southern France.
Wynonna Earp showrunner Emily Andras talks 1X06 "Constant Cravings" and teases 1X07.
* What is Dolls? He's incredible. Something significant is going on with Dolls and he's a slave to something larger within Black Badge and dependent on them for certain substances. We're starting to see the presence of the mysterious Black Badge Division- they have strict rules on how they operate and keep their agents in line; how far is Dolls willing to go to stay in their good books? The Doc-Dolls tension will get worse, the two really don't like each other and it will be a problem.
* Doc/Wynonna hooking up wasn't the best idea, they're too close and can't trust each other at this stage, so Wynonna took a step back and put on the brakes. Neither of them really buys that they can stay just friends for very long.
* Emily Andras is scared for Waverly, since she's now 'Keeper of the Bones', which powerful demons and enemies want. Waverly was brave enough to "shed off some dead weight" and start to reexamine her life, though she still has a long way to go to figure out who she really is. This is probably not the first time Waverly and Champ broke up and we haven't seen the last of him.
* Despite killing 'The Seven' one by one, there's still plenty left for Wynonna to do and deal with. It won't be that easy to vanquish 'The Seven'- who is the last of 'The Seven'? It won't be so easy and there are some pretty big challenges ahead.
* About 1X07: We're back in the 'Haught Zone', Officer Haught will be established as her own character with her own story line and not just as a love interest. A good Waverly episode where she comes into her own and makes some choices. Doc makes some interesting moral decisions that audience may find hard to understand. There's the return of an interesting villain who wears a shiny cape and Wynonna circles around the last of 'The Seven' and realizes she may be out of her depth. Also expect an absolutely mind-blowing ending.
Holding steady with 0.2. Wynonna Earp airs Fridays at 10/9c on the SyFy channel.
- Ghomeshi read a letter to open court today where he apologized to former CBC/Q employee, Kathryn Borel who accused him of sexual assault. He never addressed Borel directly and claimed he "failed to understand and truly appreciate the impact" of his conduct on Borel.
- Although he expressed "regret" over what happened his lawyer Marie Henein said the apology was no an admission of guilt.
- Claims that over the past 18 months, he has spent time reflecting on the incident and that he "had to come to terms with my own deep regret and embarrassment."
- In addition to the apology there was a peace bond stipulating that Ghomeshi can have no direct or indirect contact with Borel, that he must pay $500, not possess any weapons and keep the peace.
- Borel said she thought this would be the quickest way to get to the truth of what happened. As Ghomeshi pled not guilty, Borel also felt this would subject her to more abuse from him and she wanted that to stop. Said that for the three years she worked for Ghomeshi he made it clear he could do whatever he wanted to her and her body. Also says when she initially went to the CBC for help they said "When I went to the CBC for help, what I received in return was a directive that, yes, he could do this and, yes, it was my job to let him. The relentless message to me from my celebrity boss and the national institution we worked for were that his whims were more important than my humanity or my dignity."
- In March, Ghomeshi was acquitted by an Ontario Court judge on four counts of sexual assault and one count of choking, assaults alleged to have taken place against three women from 2002 to 2003. Ghomeshi's acquittal sparked protests and triggered outrage among many, including women's groups that felt the complainants were the ones put on trial.
ngl i used to be a fan of ghomeshi so all of this makes me feel sick to my stomach. where is frank castle when you need him tbh
also surprised they haven't changed the name of his show. you'd think the cbc would want nothing to do with it anymore.
Following the massive success of their previous reviews for "Demi Lovato: Path To Fame" and "Kylie Jenner Official App,"fka&opp0rtunist proudly present to you the latest installment in their award-winning review series, a collaboration and ONTD Exclusive...
The "Britney Spears: American Dream" Mobile App Review
(OP note: To improve accessibility for Britney stans, we made a picture-heavy post with large text so that even they would be able to follow along!)
Months after other B-list celebrities, Britney Spears jumps on the game app trend.
The "Britney Spears: American Dream" app hasn't been released to the general public yet, but Britney's management kindly let us preview the app so we could write an exclusive review for ONTD!
The game centers around you trying to make it big as a singer with a little help from Britney Spears.
And of course, your singing career begins by selecting the most important thing for a singer... your outfit!
The outfit choices are really scarce and they're really ugly. Think Neckermann catalogue circa mid 2000s. The lacey tube tops are particularly ghastly. It's almost like Britney herself selected them.
The only musical instrument available is a microphone. Britney is well known for having no musical knowledge whatsoever, so this isn't surprising.
The game opens up with a flash-forward scene of your character in a trampy outfit, doing a performance at Britney's Vegas hotel lobby show. Is this the endgame for me? Frightening.
But... before ending up in Vegas like every washed up pop star that's fading, you get to climb up the social ladder of the LA celebrity scene and become a "singer" like Britney.
And of course, it all starts in a Starbucks in Downtown LA where you meet Britney getting her daily dose of refined sugar.
Your annoying friend tips you off of about her presence and forces you to sing in the middle of Starbucks, like a freak.
Britney invites you to use her fraudulent corporate connections in order to advance your career. The game doesn't offer the ability refuse this immoral offer.
The game then teaches you that you have to be flirty with the scumbag paparazzi in order to be rich and famous.
Britney greeted me in the club and introduced me to her bitchy agent, who told me I need to perform and get some good reviews before she agrees to represent me.
Did I mention that in this game, you get rewarded for doing the most mundane things? Money keeps falling from the skies for the most basic tasks such as talking to people. Unless you're a product of Disney Corp with an army of record label producers behind you, I don't think this is how it works.
After my first performance, the good reviews started pouring in! I was already an E-lister, which makes me a bigger celebrity than Demi Lovato... yay!
Outside the venue, I bump into my nemesis who is angry at me for stealing her show. Considering this game never gave me a chance to say no to the offer, I wanted to object and apologize to the poor girl. I am not a fraudulent person, but I was playing "Britney Spears: American Dream" so I reminded myself that "when in Rome, do as the Romans do!"
She sent out a hateful tweet about me and I immediately wished I could play her as a character instead of being another boring drone like Britney Spears.
The morning after, the annoying friend notified me that my performance has gone viral and my agent invited me for a meeting in her office.
My agent tells me I get to record my very own song and just like Britney Spears, others will do all the work for me! Yay!
Here is the cover art for my debut single "Make Me (Ooh)."
The producer of the song then lets me know about a couple of general rules for being a pop star like Britney Spears: use other people's fame for personal gain and exploit your fans for free PR!
Outside the studio, I bump into my rival who is the real star of this game. She makes fun of my new single and drags me for filth.
Meanwhile, my new song debuts at #38 which is about the same as Britney's last single and probably twice as high as Britney's upcoming cover version of my hit single "Make Me (Ooh)."
The following day, Britney and my agent tell me I need to promote my single and make an attention seeking music video.
Turns out Britney is a huge fan of opp0rtunist
Turns out this game is very educational if you're talentless and can't sing. It teaches you how to deal with articles exposing the fact that you can't sing. Also articles saying that others are doing the singing for you.
Turns out Pop Starz Magazine is the game world's very own ONTD!
My agent called me up for an emergency meeting following the
ONTDPop Stars Magazine exposé!
The game then advises me to do an acoustic live performance so I can showcase that my talent is genuine. This is all very interesting considering Britney hasn't sung a single note live in over a decade.
Even my best friend and the barista at the local Starbucks know I'm a talentless singer. I'd say this game is pretty good at delivering a realistic Britney Spears experience.
Just when I'm about to do another performance in a desperate attempt to save my career, queen Aston Kole walks in and admits she started the rumors and ruined my career.
Aston Kole is an inspiration to us all.
At this point, the game suddenly stops and asks me to pay actual money for this lackluster experience.
You need so-called"B-gems" to progress in the game and you spend them at an alarming rate.
The $49.99 (!!) pack that is being offered would barely cover a couple of days of casual playing.
At this point, it's clear to me that this game is two things:
A) It's a fraudulent money making machine.
B) It teaches the new generation how to get away with being a talentless, superficial hack who built an entire career based on the work of others.
- unoriginal, generic ripoff
- linear, uninteractive gameplay
- terrible music
- long and frequent loading screens
- offensively bad narrative
- Aston Kole
This game is an uninspired ripoff of other celebrity app games. The vapid storyline is not worth your time or money. If you respect yourself at all, you will not play this game.
Since my colleague and good friend opp0rtunist has already given us a very in-depth overview of the app, I will touch upon some key points that I thought were worth focusing on.
First of all, this app takes forever to fucking load. You will see this same screen over and over again throughout your experience with this app.
This app is essentially the story of Britney's search for a Myah Marie replacement. As you go on your journey, trying to become Britney's Next Top Vocal Replacement (BNTVR), you will have to complete a lot of tasks that Britney herself cannot do, such as sustaining high notes!
Britney will drop in every once in a while to check in with you to give you some positive affirmations.
And you will get more loading screens.
You will also meet a Bonnie McKee-inspired rival who is out to get you and stop you from becoming BNTVR.
And once again, you will get a loading screen...
Followed by a screen that shows that time within the game has passed...
But don't expect the story to continue without another one of these babies popping up!
So after performing at the Venom Room, you will get the chance to record your very own song. This is probably the best part of the game, as it allows you to be creative and have control over your career, unlike the person that the game is named after!
After picking a song title, a genre, designing the single cover art, and recording the track, you will get another long loading screen, as well as another run-in with your rival.
Just like in real life, everything in this game is expensive and requires you to work hard and wait for the things you really want in life (but also like in real life, if you're already rich, you can just use your parents' money to buy your way to success, funding your lavish lifestyle and giving you the option to progress much faster than all of your peers).
True to real life as well, you will have to deal with haters constantly taunting you on social media.
After all the hateration and holleration in this dancery, you will get to meet with the music industry's hottest music video director, Mick Hudson. Mick Hudson has a lot of ideas on how to make your music video amazing, and you're all for it.
After signing your life away, you will have to flirt with Mick in order to seal the deal and convince him to work with you, just like what really happens in the music industry!
After wooing Mick, he will finally agree to directing your music video, but nasty rumors pop up about you and they will negatively impact your rise to the top!
Your manager will reveal to you that someone has been spreading this crazy rumor about you that you can't really sing and that you use auto-tune to make up for your lack of vocal talent (it's scary how true to Britney's life this game is).
In order to improve your reputation, you will be forced to go back to where you started at square one and sing an acoustic set in a fucking coffee shop, but not before the game asks you if you'd like to turn on push notifications (LMAO, I would never).
So by this point, everyone in the world thinks that you can't sing live, so you'll have to sing for your life.
But wait, there's this amazing limited-time-only deal for $14.99 that'll give you the hottest in-game fashions!
So at this point in the game, I run out of lightning bolts, which means I have to wait over an hour for my lightning bolt bar to refill and give me the chance to play more of this ever-so-thrilling game.
I wait about an hour or so and come back, only to find that the price on this amazing deal has been lowered to $9.99 (please note that both screens still say "70% off!!" meaning that Britney herself probably had some actual input in the creation of this app by showing off her amazing math skills!).
I'm not really sure what prompted this (probably an app update), but now I'm able to chat with everyone else who plays this game and make some IRL friends!
I love the idea of telling the world how I really feel, so I leave a message that I think will really resonate with the world.
I'm then told that I have to go to Britney's mansion, so I visit her. As expected, this takes a long time to load.
After visiting Britney, you're flown out to Chicago to do a radio performance and convince people that you aren't lip-syncing. Of course, you run into your rival again and she has some nice things to say to you.
I don't know what I spent my lightning bolts on, but I can't let the world know that I'm not a lip-syncer, so I have to wait again for my lightning bolts to refill.
This is where I stopped playing. So now let's get down to business:
- coming up with your single's title, selecting a genre, and designing the single cover art are sort of fun, I guess
- the rival is overall a great character who seems to have been inspired by very interesting and fun individuals ;-)
- letting the world know how you feel through the global chat feature is okay
- this game takes forever to load
- you have to tap on the screen multiple times in order to trigger an action
- the music fucking sucks, especially the Britney tracks they throw in there every once in a while
- Amoeba Records (known in the game as Microbe Records) isn't in West LA (which looks like Hollywood in the game, btw)
- The Viper Room (known in the game as The Venom Room) isn't in Burbank
- you have to pay for everything
- the outfits are hideous
- this game takes up 1 GB on your phone
This game sucks.
Sources: Our Phones + Game Info
For more information about this, check out the source
Some dude already wrote that there are more important things to worry about
Model and hearing impaired American Nyle DiMarco first came to y'all's attention as the first deaf contestant on America’s Next Top Model. The self-described sexually fluid model can now tick another box on his bucket list: become the first contest on ABC's Dancing with the Stars to perform with a member of the same sex!
A shirtless DiMarco took the stage with dancer Keo Motsepe, as well as Peta Murgatroyd and actress Jodie Sweetin who got their own girl-on-girly show going.
Paraphrased from @Attitude. YouTube.
Praise! What a progressive moment in history after all of the reductive hate being posted on here lately.
I mean, he's a good actor and all, but I am ONTD's resident Sean Harris stan and I'm crushed that he departed the role. ;_______; That's so not like him. Well, what are your opinions on leprechauns and/or pornstaches, ONTD??
In a recent interview with the Spanish magazine El Pais, NCW talked a lot more about the controversy of white leading actors in Gods of Egpyt
"We talked about two things here. On the one hand, there is the issue of diversity and people who are not represented in major films, a very important issue that should be discussed more. I think everything is changing at last, and it was time, no doubt about that. On the other hand, I think that criticism on Gods of Egypt and accusations simply relied on the title. If the film had been called "Gods at War" , it would have been more appropriate; and we would not be having this conversation.
To me it made me very happy that I was offered this role and I had great fun doing it. I am convinced that many other players have accepted this work and would have gone equally well. I offer this character, I do and that my contribution is over. We must talk about lack of diversity. But do not discuss a single film or why someone they have not nominated. We must go to the heart of the problem: not enough movies have enough racial diversity or great female roles are made. That's the problem".
translated from SOURCE
- Unplanned pregnancy, but they're happy according to his girlfriend Laura: "Hi. My name is Laura Perlongo and I'm pregnant accidentally on purpose." "Here's what happened… It was a low-key Saturday night in February. I had taken a gummy with my boyfriend. Well, I guess first I had condom-less, birth control-free sex where the white stuff got inside the vaginal pocket, but a couple weeks later I ate marijuana in the form of candy.”
- Have been dating long distance for 7 months, with a break in August
- It's a girl!