Articles on this Page
- 04/14/16--18:20: _Katheryn Winnick On...
- 04/14/16--18:30: _Legends of Tomorrow...
- 04/14/16--18:41: _Team Nyle....
- 04/14/16--18:48: _Zayn Announces New ...
- 04/14/16--18:50: _Out Magazine's Most...
- 04/14/16--19:00: _Serial Witness Asia...
- 04/14/16--19:03: _Jackie Earle Haley'...
- 04/14/16--19:08: _Simple Bae Denies E...
- 04/14/16--19:11: _The Expanse Casts B...
- 04/14/16--19:15: _The Making of the N...
- 04/14/16--19:30: _Ellie Kemper is pre...
- 04/14/16--19:41: _Tila Tequila is sti...
- 04/14/16--19:50: _first glimpse of th...
- 04/14/16--20:12: _James Blake — "Time...
- 04/14/16--20:22: _Queen Gisele Bundch...
- 04/14/16--20:30: _Are Sean Penn and M...
- 04/14/16--20:40: _It's SMGs birthday!...
- 04/14/16--20:47: _Batman: The Killing...
- 04/14/16--20:54: _The 100 - 3x11 Prom...
- 04/14/16--20:56: _Orphan Black 4x02 P...
- 04/14/16--18:20: Katheryn Winnick On 'Vikings' Early Renewal And Passionate Fans
- 04/14/16--18:30: Legends of Tomorrow 1x12 "Last Refuge" promo
- 04/14/16--18:41: Team Nyle....
- 04/14/16--18:48: Zayn Announces New Video is Coming Soon
- 04/14/16--18:50: Out Magazine's Most Powerful LGBT People - 10th Annual Power List
- 04/14/16--19:00: Serial Witness Asia McClain to Write Book About Syed Case
- Haley is a go to play The Terror for the latest TV reboot on Amazon of The Tick.
- The actor is also taking on the role of Odin Quincannon in the upcoming Preacher series airing on AMC.
- And he will play Sayre in The Dark Tower.
- 04/14/16--19:08: Simple Bae Denies Engagement to Miley
- 04/14/16--19:11: The Expanse Casts Bobbie Draper
- 04/14/16--19:15: The Making of the Nina Simone Biopic Was an Absolute Clusterfuck
- 04/14/16--19:30: Ellie Kemper is pregnant too!
- 04/14/16--19:41: Tila Tequila is still racist; water is wet
- 04/14/16--20:12: James Blake — "Timeless"
- 04/14/16--20:22: Queen Gisele Bundchen for Under Armour
- 04/14/16--20:30: Are Sean Penn and Minka Kelly dating?
- 04/14/16--20:40: It's SMGs birthday! A Look at her best roles
- 04/14/16--20:47: Batman: The Killing Joke Gets A R-Rating
- 04/14/16--20:54: The 100 - 3x11 Promo - Demons
- 04/14/16--20:56: Orphan Black 4x02 Promo "Transgressive Border Crossing"
Is it easier for an actor hearing that the show will be back a little earlier, rather than having to wait all the way until it's finished airing for the network to decide?
"It's interesting, because we find out later and later, but now we're doing 20 episodes and it's been tough to shoot over the winter in Ireland, so I think they had to let us know since we're really just having a small break versus a proper hiatus. We're going to be back there in a few months. The reason why [it's difficult] is when we shoot in the wintertime we lose daylight," she explained, "and it's really cold in Ireland so we have to start our days sometimes at 4:15 in the morning just to be in the makeup chair at five because we start shooting at seven. It's definitely a brutal shoot - but it makes it all worthwhile for the fans!"
About whether she's seen any difference in the actual pacing or structure of the show since there's twice as many episodes to fill.
I trust [series creator and writer] Michael Hirst. In terms of his storyline, he's such a genius and a brilliant mind that you sort of trust him to know where your character is going. I think it's also setting up for new characters and setting up the plot so there's a lot more story that can be told and there's such a platform [with] 20 episodes to tell the story properly. It's more exciting than having to scramble in nine or ten episodes.
On season 4 for Lagertha:
It's been a lot of fun this season and Lagertha's transition, she has a big arc and you'll see it more in the upcoming episodes. There's going to be a physical change for her, and as an actor you cut off your ego and allow yourself to change. You'll see her change physically, her clothes will change, her status will change. It's an exciting time.
It's amazing, there's so many great fans around the world," she laughed, "and it's just always one of those strange things where I get another post of someone tattooing my face on their body. It's funny, because my childhood friend texted me a picture saying her husband was paintballing with this guy and this guy had my face on his arm. It's a little surreal, but it's such a compliment."
About her charity work:
"I've started working with a couple amazing charities," she told us. "One of them is Women in Film, where I'm about to design a Lagertha T-shirt that we're going to launch. The money will go to Women in Film and help support that organization. The other charity I'm working with is an incredible organization called Girl Up, which helps girls in developing countries get the resources and education and tools they need to excel in life. It's important to give back and help girls especially empower themselves. I'm excited to work with these organizations."
Mods, if you could post this before 9pm central that would be wonderful.
RIP’S BACKSTORY IS REVEALED – The team is targeted by The Pilgrim (guest star Faye Kingslee), a deadly assassin who wants to erase the Legends from the timeline by killing their younger, non-superhero selves. As a protective countermeasure, Rip (Arthur Darvill) decides Sara (Caity Lotz), Snart (Wentworth Miller), Rory (Dominic Purcell), Professor Stein (Victor Garber) and Jax (Franz Drameh) need to kidnap their past selves first before The Pilgrim gets to them. Coming face-to-face with the younger versions of themselves proves to be both a physical and emotional challenge for certain members of the team who would rather forget their past. Rip tells them he has a refuge for their precious cargo – an orphanage that raises future Time Masters and where he himself grew up. Rachel Talalay directed the episode written by Chris Fedak & Matthew Maala (CBMSUX). Original airdate 4/21/2016.
Sources: Legends TV + TVPromosDB
Our Deaf Prince dancing again. (couple days late, work is sucking my soul out of my body)
What did you think this week? I don't think it was his strongest, but he sure has a nice torso. That wig though
Zayn was fairly active on social media today:
New vid coming soon— zayn (@zaynmalik) April 14, 2016
He also took time to comment on this:
ZAYN NO 😩😂 pic.twitter.com/4XHrVnfpVq— Shady Music Facts (@musicnews_shade) April 14, 2016
Would you be cool if you were Gigi?
They take into account a variety of criteria: everything from someone's political clout or visibility in the media to how they impact our economy and our view of the world.
5. Ryan Murphy
4. Anderson Cooper
News Anchor, 48
3. Rachel Maddow
News Anchor/Political Commentator, 43
2. Ellen DeGeneres
Talk Show Host/Producer/Spokesperson, 58
1. Tim Cook
CEO, Apple, 55
who would you include on your list?
Asia McClain, who was identified during the Serial podcast as a potential alibi witness for Adnan Syed, will publish a book about her life and the now-famous murder case.
The popular podcast focused on the murder trial of Adnan Syed, who in 1999 was convicted of murdering his girlfriend Hae Min Lee.
Over a year after Serial debuted, do you think that Adnan is innocent or guilty?
Damn, a Jackiennassaince
Only villains, uh? I want to see all of these projects, tbh
Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham, the authors behind the pen name James S.A. Corey and The Expanse books series, have given the interview before going into production on season two of the show and revealed the casting of one of fan favorites characters, Gunnery Sergeant Roberta "Bobbie" W. Draper.
Speaking about the attributes of the character, the authors said:
Ty: Definitely her identity is very tied in with her ethnicity, so we wanted a Polynesian or Samoan actress. She is very physical, so we wanted an actress who was very comfortable being physical. An actress who never appeared to be intimidated in any situation who could occupy as much space as any of the other cast could and be intimidating to them. Attitude is part of it and of course, you want someone who can actually act.
Daniel: And we do put that character through the wringer. I mean, she has a lot of range she has to have. Somebody who’s uncomfortable be strong and vulnerable and intelligent wouldn’t have worked.
Ty: It’s not a one-note part.
The chosen actress is unknown to the general audience.
Ty: So, we found an actress in New Zealand named Frankie Adams. She’s been a local star in NZ for a while and played a variety of parts and is also an amateur female boxer. And she’s 6ft tall. She’s tall, she’s athletic, she can act, and she’s Samoan. She had a lot of range to her. People in the States haven't seen her before, so she’ll seem knew to them even though she has a lot of experience. I think people are going to be really excited to see her.
On his site, Daniel Abraham wrote:
You don’t know who Frankie is yet. She’d only really broken out in her acting career in New Zealand when we found her, but we were all blown away by what she brought to audition, and by the work she’d already done.
Frankie is also coming to the show ready to work. She’ll be spending a month or so with some of the toughest ex-military trainers we could find, getting her into the peak physical condition of a spec ops warrior. By the time she’s done, she won’t be playing Bobbie, she’ll damn well be the gunny.
Relocating to a new city is 100 x more stressful than you would've thunk. But hey, I GET TO PLAY THE MOST BAD ASS BITCH EVER REEEAL SOON! 💪🏾— Frankie Adams (@ffrankieadams) April 7, 2016
What do you think, ONTD?
Read the entire interview at the SOURCE 1.
SOURCE 2, 3
Mods, I hope it works now. :)
Hey, did you know that if a bunch of white people get together and decide to make a movie about a black singer who suffered unbearable racial prejudice because of the color of her skin, it might not turn out so well?
Did you answer yes?
Ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa, well the people who had the bright idea to make Nina didn't!
The director and several of the writers and producers of the biopic sat down with Buzzfeed for a detailed piece investigating the making of the film. It was revealed that...
--The white female director understands racial prejudice because she's a "feminist who is aware of anyone who is disenfranchised or marginalized.”
--An actual quote from her: "I understand the issue of race."
--Compares Saldana's blackface to the makeup of Nicole Kidman for Virginia Woolf, or Leo DiCaprio for J. Edgar Hoover
--Producers say it's okay for Saldana to play her because Saldana is also black. (See guys, it's about RACE, not about COLOR! Gosh!!!)
If you are interested, here is an excellent recent article about why it isn't okay for Zoe Saldana to play Nina Simone.
Black people are not black! They are melanin! Uncurse yourselves, niggers!— Tila Tequila (@AngelTilaLove) April 15, 2016
Melanin is the TRUE color of dark people's skin! Black means "Evil, bad etc" & you curse yourselves calling yourself black like #BlackMagic— Tila Tequila (@AngelTilaLove) April 15, 2016
- king cobra is based on the 2007 murder of gay porn studio cobra video owner bryan kocis by two escorts, harlow cuadra and joseph kerekes
- starring garrett clayton, james franco, keegan allen and james franco
- king cobra receives its world premiere as part of the tribeca film festival on april 16
- His new album Radio Silence is complete.
- 18 tracks long + one track totals 20 minutes.
Fitness post!! Tell me your workout tips so I can find all the reasons they probably wouldn't work for me!
source: Vogue Brasil
- Sean Penn (55) and Minka Kelly (35) walked the red carpet separately at the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy Launch but were seated together and appeared to have left together also
- Kelly squashed rumors they were dating in July 2015, claiming that she was just friends with Penn after he attended her birthday dinner
Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes 🎂🎂🎂 I am feeling very loved today ❤️ pic.twitter.com/C89wShiS2s— Sarah Michelle (@SarahMGellar) April 14, 2016
4. ‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’ – Helen Shivers
-SMGs first movie with her soon to be future husband, Freddie Prinz Jr.
-In the book the movie is based off of, none of the characters actually die
-Came out 2 months before Scream 2 which would also feature SMG in another iconic Scream Queen role.
2. ‘Cruel Intentions’ – Kathryn Merteuil
-They originally wanted Kathryn to be a blonde but SMG was against it and convinced them to let her dye her hair.
-SMGs second movie as a love interest to Ryan Phillipe. Both movies, the characters didn't have the greatest relationship
-SMG will reprise her role as Kathryn in a new Cruel Intentions tv show coming to NBC
Fave SMG role? Moment?
After much speculation it's been officially confirmed that the animated adaptation of 'Batman: The Killing Joke' will be rated R.
“From the start of production, we encouraged producer Bruce Timm and our team at Warner Bros. Animation to remain faithful to the original story — regardless of the eventual MPAA rating,” said Warner Bros. Animation & Warner Series President Sam Register. “The Killing Joke is revered by the fans, particularly for its blunt, often-shocking adult themes and situations. We felt it was our responsibility to present our core audience — the comics-loving community — with an animated film that authentically represented the tale they know all too well.”
how did you like the premiere?