Articles on this Page
- 04/06/16--17:03: _Maisie Williams: pe...
- 04/06/16--17:35: _What has Shay Mitch...
- 04/06/16--17:35: _Kardashians Banned ...
- 04/06/16--17:35: _New image of Benedi...
- 04/06/16--17:35: _Country Music Legen...
- 04/06/16--17:43: _Indonesian popstar ...
- 04/06/16--17:58: _Arrow Producer Prev...
- 04/06/16--17:58: _A "Galaxy Quest" Se...
- 04/06/16--18:00: _5 (2!) magical mome...
- 04/06/16--19:09: _Victoria's Secret t...
- 04/06/16--19:09: _Top 10 The Smiths S...
- 04/06/16--19:09: _Survivor Kaoh Rong:...
- 04/06/16--19:09: _"Hamilton" soundtra...
- 04/06/16--20:27: _Arrow 4x19 "Canary ...
- 04/06/16--20:27: _Louis and Briana Ha...
- 04/06/16--20:27: _Empire 2x13 'The Ta...
- 04/06/16--20:27: _Supernatural 11x19 ...
- 04/06/16--20:28: _SheaMoisture commer...
- 04/06/16--20:40: _Erykah Badu is a Ch...
- 04/06/16--22:06: _Who Are The Final A...
- 04/06/16--17:03: Maisie Williams: people who aren't feminists are sexist
- 04/06/16--17:35: What has Shay Mitchell been upto?
- 04/06/16--17:35: New image of Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange; filming wraps
- 04/06/16--17:35: Country Music Legend Merle Haggard Dies
- 04/06/16--17:58: Arrow Producer Preview of 11:59
- 04/06/16--17:58: A "Galaxy Quest" Sequel Was In The Works
- 04/06/16--18:00: 5 (2!) magical moments from the powerful Black Girls Rock!
- 04/06/16--19:09: Victoria's Secret told model, Erin Heatherton, to lose weight
- 04/06/16--19:09: Top 10 The Smiths Songs
- 04/06/16--19:09: Survivor Kaoh Rong: S32E08 - "The Jocks vs The Pretty People"
- 04/06/16--19:09: "Hamilton" soundtrack goes gold!
- 04/06/16--20:27: Arrow 4x19 "Canary Cry" promo
- 04/06/16--20:27: Louis and Briana Have Not Yet Finalized Child Support for Freddie
- 04/06/16--20:27: Empire 2x13 'The Tameness of the Wolf' promo
- 04/06/16--20:27: Supernatural 11x19 promo
- 04/06/16--20:28: SheaMoisture commercial asks why "ethnic" beauty aisles exist
- 04/06/16--20:40: Erykah Badu is a Chemtrail Conspiracist.
- 04/06/16--22:06: Who Are The Final American Idol Top 2?
"I got asked in one of my first interviews: “Is Arya a feminist?” I didn’t even know what a feminist was. And then someone explained it to me. And I remember thinking, “Isn’t that just like everyone?” And then I realized everyone is not a feminist, unfortunately. But I also feel like we should stop calling feminists “feminists” and just start calling people who aren’t feminist “sexist” – and then everyone else is just a human. You are either a normal person or a sexist.
People get a label when they’re bad. Because it works the other way, as well. A lot of men have it hard too. On the show specifically, it’s always been a constant debate because women are treated badly on the show, and they’re treated well on the show. But it’s the same as the boys and the girls and the men and the animals. The themes are very dark. I get it that people don’t want to watch scenes like that. I understand, and you shouldn’t have to. But that’s the show that we’ve made, and I have no control over what’s written. I think it’s upsetting that so many people have found it upsetting. But I find a lot of things upsetting to watch. I get upset when animals get slaughtered. And lots of people are like, “But this is worse than that” – and I never understood that. I think everybody’s allowed to be upset about what they’re upset by. And once people are angry about something, you start worrying about saying the right thing instead of just saying what you mean. It’s very easy to have an opinion. Everyone’s got one. But it’s very difficult to speak up about difficult subjects when people are angry with you. People say: “Why don’t you speak up!” [and I’m thinking], “Because you all got pitchforks and you’re ready to kill us!” It’s scary if you say something wrong".
On people being angry at Game of Thrones:
"I don’t want to be like, “Oh, people love to be angry,” because people have a right to be upset about scenes that upset them – just as much as people have a right to laugh at things that made them happy. Maybe I just have to get a backbone. I’m going to say this in this interview, but I wouldn’t say it with anyone else: I sometimes really worry about speaking up about feminist subjects out of fear of being bashed by women on social media. And there’s something not right there. Yeah, sometimes it’s men too. But there are women who are just nasty. I’m trying to do the best I can. I got a voice. I believe in equality and I know I have more power than the average person to reach people. And I just get petrified in case people are rude".
"You don’t want to put yourself through that. If people are angry about [the Sansa Stark scene last year] you have to watch [the season 5 DVD] commentary because [writer-producer] Bryan Cogman speaks about it in depth and it’s from the heart. I’m a very sarcastic girl and can sound like a dick in interviews – people are like, “Why are you so annoying?” In this you can hear his voice and it’s so full of emotion. So watch the commentary because you’ll get all your information there".
On why some people will hate Game of Thrones Season 6:
"Just that they don’t know what’s going to happen. I know the showrunners don’t take [criticism] personally any more and that’s nice. People are outraged by last season, but they secretly love it too – because they don’t know what’s really going on".
Read full interview at SOURCE
In honour of our fallen comrade
tuggernuts I bring you a Shay Mitchell update.
Shay has just been confirmed as the new official spokesperson for Biore.
Here Shay talks about bullying and wanting to be white when she was younger in order to fit in:
Its a great interview!
But really, just enjoy the pictures, her IG is #goals
Shay promoting Jungle Book for free! What a generous spirit!
And she has a new series called Talk To Me on her channel (I think!):
Her Youtube channel is great!
Did we ever get an In Memorium section to all who we have lost at ONTD?
-Blac's mother Tokyo posted a Photoshopped picture of Kim, Khloe and Kylie Jenner crying while holding onto Blac's wedding dress train, Tokyo wrote: 'This is funny!! However!! Her train would be so long they assess would be in the Michigan triangle holding it and miss the wedding!! That's how far back they will be!! " Shots fired" oh well!! It's social media!! And all these reality h**s are " Boxed or botched!!. Bonus - You not even going to be invited! I didn't see the invitation ! Ps' To all her fake ass friends!! " Oh b***h I see you and NO b***h will ever plan my daughters wedding but "Me" or her! #ps or her bestie - Whoever that is? (sic)'
-Her mother also said this 'PS -,they are Armenian so no blonde hair blue eyes over here wheneva they do have a kid!! Let's get it poppin now!! Lol!! Okay whenever y'hall ready but get the point (sic)'
Is your family messy, ONTD?
A new official image of Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange has been released; in related news director Scott Derrickson has announced that filming has wrapped.
That's a wrap. pic.twitter.com/eRVY32lte5— Scott Derrickson (@scottderrickson) April 3, 2016
- Today was his 79th birthday.
- He had been ill for a few months with pneumonia, cancelling numerous shows.
I was at work when I got the news and my coworker started making fun of me for getting so upset. :(
Indonesian pop star Irma Bule, 29, was attacked bitten by a cobra mid-performance but she kept on performing for 45 minutes before collapsing with seizures and dying on stage.
The cobra in case was part of her show as she was known to use reptiles as props but it was never defanged like she was told.
This is not to be confused with the actual preview of a scene of the tonights episode that was posted.
Live discussion post?
- Sam says on the Nerdist podcast that the movie would be in production now if it wasn't for scheduling conflicts and the passing of Alan Rickman
- Goes on to say “How do you fill that void of Alan Rickman?”
-Tracee Ellis Ross' opening/hosting
-Powerful acceptance speeches (i.e.: Shonda Rhimes, Rihanna, Amandla Sternberg)
The rest at the source. Shout-out to chescaleigh!
Do you love and appreciate black girls/women, ONTD?
-Erin says that in her last two fashion shows, she was told to lose weight
-"And I got to a point where one night I got home from a workout and I remember staring at my food and thinking maybe I should just not eat."
-Says she overcame "failure" adding: "This feeling I once perceived as 'failure' was, in truth, a powerful awakening for me to stand behind my purpose in life."
mods it was deleted as soon as it was posted. it can't be reposted?
10. The Headmaster Ritual
7. I Know It's Over
5. Bigmouth Strikes Again
3. This Charming Man
sorry mods for forgetting the source
Favourite the Smiths songs?
In a crazy vote, the girls + Joe flipped to work together, voting Nick out 6-2-1-1 over Aubry, Debbie, and Jason
If you want to talk about spoilers, please put it behind an LJ spoiler cut!
The moment the cast of @hamiltonmusical gets their gold plaques from the @riaa_awards committee. Man this is mind blowing. This is a Revolution. Just wow man. Wow. #Hamilton
...man, I need to read more books on vacation huh? #Hamilton @hamiltonmusical #LinManuelMiranda
ontd, has your fave ever been outsold by a Broadway cast recording?
- Two months after Freddie was born, Louis and baby mama Brianna have yet to finalize the child support agreement.
- Briana and her family allegedly demanded $84,000 per month which was eventually reduced to $54,000.
- Louis final offer, however, is $8,200 monthly with 50/50 custody.
- Louis supposedly doesn't mind paying for the child but not for Briana and her whole family.
Amidst the child support drama, Briana has posted a sweet picture with Freddie which she captioned: You've changed my life for the better. I love you with my whole heart.
Which team are you on, ONTD?
Do you trust your lovers ONTD?
After almost 25 years in the business, the company SheaMoisture released its first commercial which challenges the notion of "ethnic" aisles being separated from regular beauty sections.
Over house Last night in the sky: long smoke clouds.— ErykahBadoula (@fatbellybella) April 7, 2016
Too wide 2b airplane trails.
This morn we all had itchy eyes. pic.twitter.com/5SqPOaGMPY
Erykah sis, its called fucking pollen. We need a conspiracies tag.
White Mediocrity also known as Dalton.
La'Porsha and Trent.
The original idol Kelly Brianne also has great taste and can't wait to see La'Porsha win!