Articles on this Page
- 02/07/16--17:32: _Emma Watson and Ben...
- 02/07/16--17:33: _Vocalist of Our Gen...
- 02/07/16--18:09: _The Jungle Book New...
- 02/07/16--18:09: _First look at "Jaso...
- 02/07/16--18:10: _Madonna's lad Rocco...
- 02/07/16--18:35: _Clip from the Seaso...
- 02/07/16--18:35: _Formation World Tour!
- 02/07/16--18:45: _X-Men: Apocalypse -...
- 02/07/16--18:53: _Ant-man vs The Hulk...
- 02/07/16--18:56: _Full Super Bowl 50 ...
- 02/07/16--18:57: _Taraji Couldn't Con...
- 02/07/16--19:18: _Teenage Mutant Ninj...
- 02/07/16--20:05: _Shameless 6x06 Prom...
- 02/07/16--20:06: _Most WTF #SuperBowl...
- 02/08/16--15:24: _OITNB's Lea DeLaria...
- 02/08/16--15:25: _Race row over pedop...
- 02/08/16--15:26: _First Look: B.D. Wo...
- 02/08/16--15:26: _88th Annual Academy...
- 02/08/16--16:00: _Ryan Coogler Told S...
- 02/08/16--16:00: _Kendall Jenner lash...
- 02/07/16--17:32: Emma Watson and Benedict Cumberbatch - Oxford University Fellows
- 02/07/16--18:09: The Jungle Book New Big Game Trailer Debuts During #SuperBowl50
- 02/07/16--18:09: First look at "Jason Bourne"
- 02/07/16--18:35: Formation World Tour!
- 02/07/16--18:45: X-Men: Apocalypse - Super Bowl TV Spot
- 02/07/16--18:53: Ant-man vs The Hulk in Coca-Cola's Superbowl Ad.
- 02/07/16--18:56: Full Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show (Coldplay, Beyonce & Bruno Mars)
- 02/07/16--19:18: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Super Bowl Spot
- 02/07/16--20:05: Shameless 6x06 Promo & Clips
- 02/07/16--20:06: Most WTF #SuperBowl50 Commercial Award Goes To...
- 02/08/16--15:24: OITNB's Lea DeLaria is an asshole, jsyk.
- 02/08/16--15:25: Race row over pedophile casting on EastEnders
- 02/08/16--15:26: First Look: B.D. Wong as Dr. Hugo Strange in ‘Gotham’
- 02/08/16--15:26: 88th Annual Academy Awards Nominee Luncheon
- 02/08/16--16:00: Ryan Coogler Told Sylvester Stallone To Not Boycott the Oscars
- Stallone considered joining the #oscarssowhite boycott
- "Creed" director Ryan Coogler told Stallone to attend to honor the film
- Stallone says Coogler and Michael B. Jordan were responsible for eliciting his performance in "Creed"
Congratulations to Emma Watson and Benedict Cumberbatch on their new gigs at Oxford University! https://t.co/1gmmILlzMz— VANITY FAIR (@VanityFair) luty 6, 2016
- Benedict, Emma and nine other people were appointed as visiting fellows at Lady Margaret Hall by Oxford University,
- Alan Rusbridger (college’s principal) hopes they will bring closer students to the world they represent,
- they can also stay temporarily at college to think or work.
Paraphrased from @E!. YouTube.
Stole the show tbh!
Disney debuts new trailer for its hopefully less racist live-action version of The Jungle Book.
See the legend come to life in 3D, Real D 3D, and IMAX 3D on April 15! 🐻🐯🐵🐍
Directed by Jon Favreau (“Iron Man”), based on Rudyard Kipling’s timeless stories and inspired by Disney’s classic animated film, “The Jungle Book” is an all-new live-action epic adventure about Mowgli (newcomer Neel Sethi), a man-cub who’s been raised by a family of wolves. But Mowgli finds he is no longer welcome in the jungle when fearsome tiger Shere Khan (voice of Idris Elba), who bears the scars of Man, promises to eliminate what he sees as a threat. Urged to abandon the only home he’s ever known, Mowgli embarks on a captivating journey of self-discovery, guided by panther-turned-stern mentor Bagheera (voice of Ben Kingsley), and the free-spirited bear Baloo (voice of Bill Murray). Along the way, Mowgli encounters jungle creatures who don’t exactly have his best interests at heart, including Kaa (voice of Scarlett Johansson), a python whose seductive voice and gaze hypnotizes the man-cub, and the smooth-talking King Louie (voice of Christopher Walken), who tries to coerce Mowgli into giving up the secret to the elusive and deadly red flower: fire. The all-star cast also includes Lupita Nyong'o as the voice of the fiercely protective mother wolf Raksha, and Giancarlo Esposito as the voice of wolf pack’s alpha male Akela. “The Jungle Book” seamlessly blends live-action with photorealistic CGI animals and environments, using up-to-the-minute technology and storytelling techniques to immerse audiences in an enchanting and lush world.
Mowgli is ADORABLE!!!
X___X THIS LOOKS AMAZING!
The title though...
Guy Ritchie: “I am anti-school, and I am anti people putting so much pressure on kids and robbing their childhood by giving them so much homework. I think if kids want to arse around, then they should.”
DAT LAST SCENE
Pre sale tickets go on sale on February 9th and general go on sale on Fenruary 16th.
April 27 – Miami, FL – Marlins Park
April 29 – Tampa – Raymond James Stadium
May 1 – Atlanta, GA – Georgia Dome
May 3 – Raleigh, NC – Carter-Finley Stadium
May 5 – Nashville, TN – Nissan Stadium
May 7 – Houston, TX – NRG Stadium
May 9 – Dallas, TX – AT&T Stadium
May 12 – San Diego, CA – Qualcomm Stadium
May 14 – Los Angeles, CA – Rose Bowl
May 16 – Santa Clara, CA – Levi’s Stadium
May 18 – Seattle, WA – CenturyLink Field
May 20 – Edmonton, AB – Commonwealth Stadium
May 23 – Minneapolis, MN – TCF Bank Stadium
May 25 – Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
May 27 – Chicago, IL – Soldier Field
May 29 – Detroit, MI – Ford Field
May 31 – Pittsburgh, PA – Heinz Field
June 3 – Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium
June 5 – Philadelphia, PA – Lincoln Financial Field
June 7 – New York, NY – Citi Field
June 10 – Baltimore, MD – M&T Bank Stadium
June 12 – Hershey, PA – Hersheypark Stadium
June 28 – Sunderland, UK – Stadium of Light
June 30 – Cardiff, UK – Millennium Stadium
July 2 – London, UK – Wembley Stadium
July 5 – Manchester, UK – Emirates Old Trafford
July 7 – Glasgow, UK – Hampden Park
July 9 – Dublin, IE – Croke Park
July 12 – Dusseldorf, DE – Esprit Arena
July 14 – Zurich, CH – Letzigrund
July 16 – Amsterdam, NE – Arena
July 18 – Milan, IT – Stadio San Siro
July 21 – Paris, FR – Stade de France
July 24 – Copenhagen, DK – Parken
July 26 – Stockholm, SE – Friends Arena
July 29 – Frankfurt, DE – Commerzbank Arena
July 31 – Brussels, BE – Roi Boudoin
In a now deleted tweet and Instagram post, Taraji P. Henson had mistaken British band Coldplay for Maroon 5. Who knew Chris Martin and Adam Levine looked so much alike!
Taraji quickly realized her blunder and tweeted:
Oooooooopppps. Lmao! #Superbowl50— Taraji P. Henson (@TherealTaraji) February 8, 2016
Needs more April... but also, KRANG!
Presented without commentary.
That Doritos baby ultrasound commercial could win best commercial of #SB50. 👏🏾😂— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) February 7, 2016
What were your faves?
Common consensus is that Dascha #iSmellGood Polanco is the main (only?) asshole of the cast. Dascha and Taryn Manning, maybe. But common consensus would be wrong, because those two have good company in the form of Big Boo's Lea DeLaria.
But why is Lea an asshole?
If, like many other ONTDers, you think Ruby Rose is overrated, then Lea might be a woman after your own heart. Except... well...
Real girls = femmes. And if you sleep with other butches, you're a "fag." Good to know.
Per a 2013 interview with autostraddle, Lea also doesn't think that femmes should hit on butches:
I go in there and I have to admit, I’m a little loaded. That’s me. Dyke bar, twelve at night, I’m loaded. So I go in and some girl, a pretty hot femme, starts talking to me and here’s the thing about butches, ladies, don’t come on to them. Jesus christ, you like a butch you gotta stand in the corner and give her the eye and let her know you’re interested.
Butches are supposed to be the ~man in the relationship, I guess.
Lea posing in front of Kara Walker's "A Subtlety" art exhibit which is about the enslavement of black people in sugar factories:
Take a picture of an art exhibit about the sexualization of black female bodies, make a comment referring to it as "sugar tits." A+, Lea.
sources: 1, 2, and 3
lesbians of ontd, do you only sleep with real girls?
we've had a couple of posts in the past about lea using "fag" as an insult (while saying it's okay bc RECLAMATION) and whining about the pc police but i think ontd forgot about most of that anyway.
- EastEnders featured a white actor playing a character named Rob Grayham who grooms and pimps out the character of Whitney Dean
- Jeff Povey, a writer for EastEnders who is credited for almost 200 episodes, recently claimed in a talk with the Daily Star: "Our grooming story was not very true to life. We did research and talked to girls who had been groomed and 99% of the groomers were Asian men. And we could not do it. We just could not do it. So we had a white man do it." He claimed that the editorial policy crew told them that they should not cast an Asian man due to it being poor racial representation.
- However, he has since backtracked on these comments and said that his comments were factually inaccurate
- An EastEnders spokesperson added: "There is absolutely no truth in these claims. A great deal of research went into this storyline but at no point was there ever a discussion to say we couldn’t cast an Asian man. We cast the best person for the job... Jeff Povey was never involved in any meetings with editorial policy or casting regarding this storyline.’
uk ontders, are 99% of groomers asian? is it unrealistic to have a white pedophile?
The first image of B.D. Wong as Dr. Hugo Strange in 'Gotham' has been released. Dr. Strange is the mastermind behind Arkham Asylum and its experiments on the inmates.
“What [he] is doing in there is indeed very, very bad,” says Wong. “Imagine the worst thing someone might do. Then multiply that by 10.”
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Cheryl Boone Isaacs (L) and actress Brie Larson attend the 88th Annual Academy Awards nominee luncheon on February 8, 2016 in Beverly Hills, California.
Kendall Jenner did not want any of her family members to attend the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show when she walked the runway back in November. She wanted to avoid a media circus and ensure all of the attention would be on her for her dream moment.
In the latest episode of KUWTK, she yells at Caitlyn over the phone when she reads news stories in which Caitlyn says she would be attending the show.
Quotes from the call:
“Hi dad. I’m very mad at you about something. Did you publicly… did you have your publicist announce that you were going?"
"Because I don’t know how everyone knows and now it’s a huge story and now I’m actually really pissed at you.”
“You’re going to take the biggest night of my life and take it away from me? Thank you! No you can’t! You can come to the fucking after party! You can’t come."
“I hope you’re not doing this for your own good ass attention. You’re welcome to come if you don’t fucking say anything and you walk in the back door.
"It’s just beyond annoying because I asked everyone not to come and of course you’re begging me to come and making me feel like shit and you know I’m a pushover so you know I'm going to… I understand there’s a million fucking shows!"
She then turned to the cameraman and said, "A lot of people assume that I get jobs from my family but actually it’s the kind of opposite and it made me work even harder to get what I wanted. So I get scared that if my dad goes it will be a media frenzy and now it's all kind of blowing up.”