Articles on this Page
- 12/15/15--15:29: _Star Wars breaks Pr...
- 12/15/15--15:29: _Lupita ate her Star...
- 12/15/15--15:42: _TNT renews The Libr...
- 12/15/15--16:22: _Star Wars III Reven...
- 12/15/15--16:23: _Years & Years did L...
- 12/15/15--16:23: _Buzzfeed, of all pl...
- 12/15/15--16:24: _Use The Force to De...
- 12/15/15--16:24: _DJ Khaled Almost Ge...
- 12/15/15--16:24: _'Love Actually' scr...
- 12/15/15--16:24: _ STAR TREK BEYOND W...
- 12/15/15--16:25: _Human Rights Founda...
- 12/15/15--17:12: _Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...
- 12/15/15--17:53: _Is Disney's Diamond...
- 12/15/15--18:01: _Bustle: Liam Payne ...
- 12/16/15--13:14: _The 10 (5) best mus...
- 12/16/15--13:14: _AFI Announces Their...
- 12/16/15--13:55: _Miley Cyrus in Pape...
- 12/16/15--13:56: _Kirsten Dunst Doesn...
- 12/16/15--15:02: _Taylor adds another...
- 12/16/15--15:03: _First look at Natal...
- 12/15/15--15:29: Star Wars breaks Pre-Sales Record
- 12/15/15--15:29: Lupita ate her Star Wars costume and plays 'Heads Up!' on Ellen
- 12/15/15--16:22: Star Wars III Revenge of the Sith Honest Trailer
- 12/15/15--16:23: Years & Years did Live Lounge today.
- 12/15/15--16:23: Buzzfeed, of all places, goes in on Tyler Oakley
- 12/15/15--16:24: Use The Force to Determinate your Star Wars Soundtrack Match
- 12/15/15--16:24: DJ Khaled Almost Gets Lost at Sea, Snapchats Entire Thing
- 12/15/15--16:24: STAR TREK BEYOND Will Politely Ignore INTO DARKNESS
- 12/15/15--17:12: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is not a fan of Donald Trump
- 12/15/15--18:01: Bustle: Liam Payne Might Be The First One To Go Solo
- Collaborations between Liam and Juicy J are coming soon.
- Bustle argues that he has a great voice and that's reason enough for himto pursue a solo career (we knew this).
- The fact that he's produced and penned songs in the past is an asset that will work in his advantage.
- The tricky part would be to make the transition from boybander to solo artist (not an easy task considering the crazy fanbase - they're already shittalking him because of the Juicy J collab).
- 12/16/15--13:14: The 10 (5) best musical moments in film of 2015
- 12/16/15--13:56: Kirsten Dunst Doesn't Know Who or What is a Saint West
- Future Emmy winning actress Kirsten Dunst attended The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon wearing some ugly ass dress alongside Will Smith and Tariq Trotter.
- They played Catchphrase. At a moment in the game, Kirsten got 'Saint West'. She thought for a quick second before putting the card down and genuinely saying: "What is that?"
- When asked about it later by The LA Times while promoting Fargo, she said she thought "it was a saint patron of Christmas" that she didn't know about.
- 12/16/15--15:02: Taylor adds another WOC, Christina Milian, to her payroll
- 12/16/15--15:03: First look at Natalie Portman as Jackie Kennedy
-Already sold $100M in advanced tickets
-$50M-$60M of the total is just for the opening weekend
-The previous record-holder was The Dark Knight Rises with $25M
SRC. YAS, coming for Avatar's #1 spot
- auditioned for Star Wars in the same week that she won her Oscar
- didn't know she was auditioning for Star Wars, just knew it was for J.J. and a "big movie"
- gave her a substitute script, not the real one.
- was told it was a motion-capture role and she was interested in it
- had to wear more than 125 dots each time she filmed
- couldn't take them off when eating so she had to eat them and have them put new ones on
- the dots capture her expression
TNT renewed The Librarians, Major Crimes, and Murder in the First but cancelled Legends, Agent X, and Public Morals.
Years & Years did a mash-up of Hotline Bling by Drake and Dark Horse by Katy Perry.
Olly sounds nice :)
A summary (since Buzzfeed isn't a banned source!):
- just finished filming reality show The Amazing Race
- he 'wrote' a book called 'Binge'
- his show 'Snervous' has been a big selling hit. He travels around and performs for about an hour for an audience of mainly teenage girls and their parents.
- his persona is relatable, modest, and in a state of constant surprised bubbliness: i wonder why these amazing things are happening to lil ol' me!. everything is 'crazy' to him.
- youtube success is mainly marketed on being different to 'real' celebrities - more relatable and accessable. there has to be a percieved authenticity about who they are.
- but his 'relatable' persona has to appeal to his white, teenage audience who can afford to buy a $40 ticket to a show, or at least convince their parents to.
- in order to do this, but still enjoy being a celebrity, he does things like wear a tailored armani tux to a premiere, but then put a self-deprecating caption on instagram of a photo of him in it.
- he's part of a youtuber clique that produces content online as well as profitting from book sales and sponsored deals.
- these youtubers are all young (20s or early 30s), white, and 'relatable'/goofy/atypical from the 'beautiful celebrity' idea.
- the writer points out that this doesnt seem like it is being more inclusive to the outcasted as the youtubers themselves suggest, but instead contributes to the idea that you have to be white, rich, and attractive to be successful.
- it's a very exclusive club, and the market around 'relatability' is just a way to profit from the idea that Youtubers are more authentic from other celebrities.
- made a very messy video a few years back insulting 'forced' diversity. when he was called out on in by Franchesa Leigh, former(?) ONTD member who nows works for MTV and makes Youtube videos, he made a Tumblr post titled 'On Privilege' which seemed reluctant to criticize his own video but tried to seem self-aware.
- the writer says what once seemed authentic about YouTube now just seems like a marketing strategy to get more views and make money.
- he has hinted that he wants a career outside of YouTube.
ONTD, do you think the facade of 'accessible' celebrity in YouTube culture is fading? Do you think that any of them will go on to have careers they are known for outside of YouTube?
Spotify and StarWars joined forces to bring you to the dark side which everyone knows have great songs, cookies and now this new service: going to spotify-starwars.com will match users up with a Star Wars character based on their musical taste.
Like you can see in the image I'm a First Order Stormtrooper, whatever that means, and got a bunch of great rock songs \m/ (`◉ _◉´) \m/
So who's your SW match?
- stopped by Rick Ross's waterfront place in Miami on his jet ski
- left at dusk and didn't make it back before sunset
- gets lost af
- used his phone's flashlight to light his way AND to post snap on snapchat
- here is a video of all his snaps of the ENTIRE journey under the cut (thx blacktinbox)
+ one last piece of advice:
I made it I'm back thank u to all yall checking in please never try to drive Jets skies at night and especially if your lost at sea bless up— DJ KHALED (@djkhaled) December 15, 2015
what are some of the best/worst snaps you've seen?
At a midnight screening of 'Love Actually' a few days ago, one of the screenwriters, and partner of Richard Curties took to opportunity to clear up some question about how some things in the movie came to be and what happened to the characters after.
Originally Rowan's character over-wrapped the gift on purpose to stop Alan rickman being able to buy the necklace. Because he was an angel.— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
January jones wrote half of her lines. She was sooooo funny when we filmed that scene. #LoveActually— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
In the original edit sam did amazing parcour all through the airport when he ran to find his girlfriend. #LoveActually— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
Richard only called colin firth's character 'jamie' so the kids could say 'I hate uncle jamie'. His brother is called jamie. #LoveActually— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
Just incase you were worried, martin freeman had a little sock on his willy. #LoveActually— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
I 'designed' the kiss between colin firth and the Portuguese girl. My signature move? His thumb on her lip before they snog. #boom— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
The sadder facts:
@Kyra_B tragic i'm afraid.— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
@carlotta429 DEFINITELY had an affair. i begged richard just to make it a flirtation, but no. the whole way.— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
If you remember, the scene in which Mia put on the necklace is in her bedroom with crumpled sheets - it was a hint at who had just been over.
@JPerlstrom they stay together but home isn't as happy as it once was.— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
From their press release:
"José Eduardo dos Santos has ruled the southwestern African country of Angola with an iron fist for more than three decades. He installed his family as owners of the country’s major businesses, and ordered the routine harassment, arrest, and execution of politicians, journalists, activists, and students who oppose the government and expose its corruption."
Why do so many pop stars perform for dictatorships? Are they that hard up for money? Do they not have a manager or agent to vet this shit?
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar wrote an article for TIME where he calls Trump out. I suggest everyone goes to the source to read the full thing, but here are snippets:
- Says Trump has more in common with ISIS than he does with America
- Calls Trump ISIS’s greatest triumph - "the perfect Manchurian Candidate who, instead of offering specific and realistic policies, preys on the fears of the public, doing ISIS’s job for them.”
- Says "While Trump is not slaughtering innocent people, he is exploiting such acts of violence to create terror here to coerce support."
- Says Trump's supporters are "impervious to facts or truth" and that they lack critical thinking skills.
Debate post or nah? Also, eveofrevolution is trying to revive ontd_political, so go join.
Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarves on Digital HD Jan 19th & Blu-ray Feb 2nd https://t.co/j1PXmqY6jb— Chip and Company (@chipandcompany) December 4, 2015
Some special features listed behind the cut
-For the first time ever, hear Walt himself talk about Snow White
-Iconography – Explore how this film influences pop culture, art, and fashion
-@DisneyAnimation: Designing Disney’s First Princess – Modern day Disney artists discuss the design of Snow White and how it influenced the look of some of your favorite Disney characters
-Snow White in Seventy Seconds – Rap along with this hip reimagining of the story
-Alternate Sequence: The Prince Meets Snow White – A never–before-seen story board sequence where the Prince meets Snow White; and More!
Are you into double dipping? Best Disney movie?
Apparently Juicy J shared more about his work with Liam on TMZ, according to a fan's twitter
They've worked a lot together, and they already have a track and Juicy J said they're releasing the track soon!— abbey (@aharryholiday) diciembre 16, 2015
They said that him and Liam want the track to be a surprise so they're gonna release it really soon!— abbey (@aharryholiday) diciembre 16, 2015
They've done more than one record together WOW— abbey (@aharryholiday) diciembre 16, 2015
Juicy J has 12 records with Liam -via TMZ ... They are having a live skype— j ✨ (@infinityxjessie) diciembre 16, 2015
Source 1, 2, 3
is the world ready, tho?
I guess some of these could be considered spoilers if you haven't seen the movies, but the Phoenix clip is for sure a spoiler, so if you haven't seen the film I suggest you skip that one.
10. Ex Machina
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
2. Phoenix (THIS IS A SPOILER)
More at the Source
Videos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
THE BIG SHORT
BRIDGE OF SPIES
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD
STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS
STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON
BETTER CALL SAUL
GAME OF THRONES
MASTER OF NONE
Even though Miley was JUST on the cover of Paper Magazine, that didn't stop them from featuring the singer again, this time covered in pink body paint.
"I was so sober, I painted myself pink to enjoy a slice in my fairy garden. I've never tried any psychedelics, but I'm not against it. LOL. The very small people you see in the bottom right frame are actually just shrunken reflections of my inner self."
Do you feel out of touch with pop culture sometimes, ONTD? TYFYA!
christinamilian Love unexpected gifts... thank you #TaylorSwift #1989 you made my day,.💞
Christina Milian, of "Love Don't Cost a Thing" fame, recently posted a photo on instagram of a card she received from The Beige Preistess herself, Taylor Swift.
"I've always been such a huge fan of yours. I think you're such a dynamic performer. I was so stoked when you tweeted about 1989, and I wanted to say thank you. I watch your show [E!'s "Christina Milian Turned Up!"] all the time and will always be cheering you on. I'm sending my love to you and your family this holiday season! Love, Taylor <3"
Movie is called 'Jackie'. Directed by Pablo Larraín ('No' and 'The Club') and produced by Darren Aronofsky
No release date yet
why am I surprised Kennedy-related movies are still being made?