Articles on this Page
- 11/21/15--15:02: _Miley Cyrus release...
- 11/21/15--15:21: _Macy's Star-Studded...
- 11/21/15--15:21: _Eagles of Death Met...
- 11/21/15--15:22: _Old Hollywood Scand...
- 11/21/15--16:57: _Ming-Na Wen celebra...
- 11/21/15--17:55: _Jill Scott — Strang...
- 11/21/15--17:57: _Olivia Munn Calls O...
- 11/21/15--17:58: _Jessica Chastain ca...
- 11/21/15--19:14: _When Hype Goes Wron...
- 11/22/15--11:33: _5 Essential Films N...
- 11/22/15--11:43: _FOX has decided liv...
- 11/22/15--12:54: _Mariah Carey is eve...
- 11/22/15--13:06: _Weekend Box Office:...
- 11/22/15--14:10: _The Last Kingdom, b...
- 11/22/15--14:10: _‘Jessica Jones’ Sho...
- 11/22/15--14:35: _Chris Hemsworth pos...
- 11/22/15--14:36: _Justin Bieber's "Pu...
- 11/22/15--15:13: _Adele hits back at ...
- 11/22/15--15:16: _Rihanna's #ANTIdiaR...
- 11/22/15--15:17: _Adele’s 25 is on fi...
- 11/21/15--15:02: Miley Cyrus releases trippy new music video "Lighter"
- 11/21/15--15:21: Macy's Star-Studded Black Friday
- 11/21/15--16:57: Ming-Na Wen celebrates her 52nd birthday with karaoke
- 11/21/15--17:55: Jill Scott — Strange Fruit
- 11/22/15--11:43: FOX has decided live viewer numbers aren't important anymore.
- FOX will only acknowledge Live +3 and Live +7 ratings for their shows.
- FOX wants to consider DVR/On Demand viewers and people who stream from their website.
- [This isn't all that surprising considering how abysmal most of FOX's live ratings have become.]
- 11/22/15--12:54: Mariah Carey is everywhere!
- 11/22/15--14:10: The Last Kingdom, behind the scene
- 11/22/15--15:13: Adele hits back at questions over her weight
- 11/22/15--15:16: Rihanna's #ANTIdiaRYy: Room 1 is now unlocked
- 11/22/15--15:17: Adele’s 25 is on fire: 1.9m sold in just two days in the US
- Sold 1.9m copies in its first two days on sale in the US.(about 800,000 more than Taylor's entire first week. heh.)
- 1.18m were digital downloads. (Whoa)
- 900,000 copies sold on US iTunes in its first day.
- It is currently No.1 on 106 of the 119 iTunes charts around the world.
- Senior-level music biz execs are saying that a 700k+ UK week one is on the cards.
- She slays at life.
ONTD, do you miss the old Miley (bangerz era), the old old Miley (pilates/top bun Miley), the old old old Miley (can't be tamed Miley), the old old old old Miley(party in the USA Miley),the old old old old old Miley (7 things i hate about u Miley) or Hannah Montana/Miley Stewart?
|0||0|basically just an excuse to post about ariana tbh girls been quiet
What are your black friday plans, 'murica?
The band posted a preview of a new interview on their Facebook page, where they talked about that night and what happened, the full interview will be out next week.
- People hid in their dressing room and the terrorists came in and killed them except for one kid who was hiding under a jacket
- So many people died because they didn't want to leave their friends or were covering someone else
"It was one of the more shameful moments in congressional history: A senator [Edwin Johnson of CO] called out the iconic actress for having an affair, branding her a “powerful influence for evil.”'
- Sen. Johnson went so far as to propose a bill requiring movies to be approved for licenses based on the moral character of those in the pictures
- 22 years later, Sen. Charles Percy entered an official apology to Bergman and read it on the Senate floor. She later sent him a letter accepting the apology.
- The article doesn't make much of this, but girlfriend was able to quote word-for-word what Johnson said about her.
I'm guessing this little bit of throwback history was written because of the Bergman doc (which is great - if it's playing near you, go and and see it). It's still Noirvember, so please share any recs you may have!
Ming's birthday was yesterday (the 20th) but she celebrated a few days early last weekend at Oil Can Harry's in LA. The party had a western theme and there was karaoke involved (the cast sang along to ABBA's Dancing Queen).
Sources 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Olivia Munn has been receiving comments from reporters stating that she is to blame for Aaron Rodgers' football struggles. She responded by calling out the reporters for their "fast and loose" journalism.
Clay Matthews, Rodgers' teammate, supporter her response when asked about the incident: "I thought she had a good follow-up tweet response to that reporter. It was good to see," Matthews said. "Your job as a reporter is to report on the team, so to make suggestions like that, even if there is no malice behind it, I believe is wrong."
Playing it fast & loose w/the journalism @RobDemovsky. Your professional skills are lacking... you must be having personal problems at home.— oliviamunn (@oliviamunn) November 19, 2015
You never know what might happen when you stand up for yourself, but it’s great to see what happens when other.. pic.twitter.com/9diTqb6bjt— oliviamunn (@oliviamunn) November 21, 2015
Sources: 1& 2
source: good flopping america
Double Indemnity (1944), directed by Billy Wilder
In this classic film noir, insurance salesman Walter Neff (Fred MacMurray) gets roped into a murderous scheme when he falls for the sensual Phyllis Dietrichson (Barbara Stanwyck), who is intent on killing her husband (Tom Powers) and living off the fraudulent accidental death claim. Prompted by the late Mr. Dietrichson's daughter, Lola (Jean Heather), insurance investigator Barton Keyes (Edward G. Robinson) looks into the case, and gradually begins to uncover the sinister truth.
Available to rent through iTunes.
Gilda (1946), directed by Charles Vidor
Johnny Farrell (Glenn Ford) is a small-time American gambler, newly arrived in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When he is caught cheating at a game of blackjack, Farrell manages to talk his way into a job with the casino's owner, the powerful Ballin Mundson (George Macready). The two form an uneasy partnership based off their mutual lack of scruples until Mundson introduces Farrell to his beautiful new wife, Gilda (Rita Hayworth), who just happens to be Farrell's ex-lover.
Laura (1944), directed by Otto Preminger
Manhattan detective Mark McPherson (Dana Andrews) investigates the murder of Madison Avenue executive Laura Hunt (Gene Tierney) in her fashionable apartment. On the trail of her murderer, McPherson quizzes Laura's arrogant best friend, gossip columnist Waldo Lydecker (Clifton Webb) and her comparatively mild fiancé, Shelby Carpenter (Vincent Price). As the detective grows obsessed with the case, he finds himself falling in love with the dead woman.
Available to stream on Netflix, and to rent through iTunes.
Notorious (1946), directed by Alfred Hitchcock
In order to help bring Nazis to justice, U.S. government agent T.R. Devlin (Cary Grant) recruits Alicia Huberman (Ingrid Bergman), the American daughter of a convicted German war criminal, as a spy. As they begin to fall for one another, Alicia is instructed to win the affections of Alexander Sebastian (Claude Rains), a Nazi hiding out in Brazil. When Sebastian becomes serious about his relationship with Alicia, the stakes get higher, and Devlin must watch her slip further undercover.
Available through Netflix's DVD subscription, but not available to stream.
The Third Man (1949), directed by Carol Reed
Set in postwar Vienna, Austria, "The Third Man" stars Joseph Cotten as Holly Martins, a writer of pulp Westerns, who arrives penniless as a guest of his childhood chum Harry Lime (Orson Welles), only to find him dead. Martins develops a conspiracy theory after learning of a "third man" present at the time of Harry's death, running into interference from British officer Maj. Calloway (Trevor Howard) and falling head-over-heels for Harry's grief-stricken lover, Anna (Alida Valli).
Available to rent through iTunes.
Sources: Google, myself
I noticed in yesterday's post that a lot of people had no idea that Noirvember was a thing (November is a month that celebrates several themes, so it's understandable). I figured I'd make a post specifically dedicated to it so we could post more recs and talk about our faves on this lazy Sunday.
FOX is quitting same-day ratings; TV by the Numbers is not https://t.co/6tDP7qMKBA— TVbytheNumbers.com (@TVbytheNumbers) November 20, 2015
Mariah Carey has been preparing for another busy holiday season. She was recently spotted outside of NYC's Greenwich Hotel.
Mariah also briefly appeared on Periscope to advertise her new MAC lipstick. She served you a smokey eye and nude lip.
Mariah also appeared for a full-length interview on the Steve Harvey show to promote her new children's book.
source (there are no individual galleries)
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year|
Still a good number for THG, even if it is below estimates. Very good numbers for Carol, Room and Brooklyn too.
What did you see, ONTD?
Source : The Last Kingdom @ YT
What did you think of Uhtred's character development ? Your thoughts on where the plot is going?
Ready for the season finale?
-Jessica Jones was originally going an ABC Show but it never came to pass
-On casting Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones: "It was a lengthy process, but Krysten Ritter was on our lists from the very beginning. We needed to do our due diligence, but she was one of very first people we saw, and she set the bar so high that every person was compared to her."
-On making Jessica a rape survivor an integral part of the story without showing the the actual act: "I know. [Showing rape to be "edgy and dark"] is just so tired. It’s lazy and dull storytelling, if nothing else. We have this rich, complex female lead and we are looking at what happened to her from her perspective. We were not going to do that thing where it’s about how the hero’s wife and child were killed and how his wife was raped — and it’s all about how he has to get revenge because that was “his woman.” We are not doing that. We are looking at the aftermath of what happened to her from her viewpoint."
-Marvel is currently working out the possibility of making a second season before "The Defenders" air
For everyone that finished the first season or currently watching what do you think about it so far?
Billboard 200: #1(new) @justinbieber, Purpose 649,000 (522,000 pure album sales) *his 6th #1 album and his best opening week ever*— Chart News (@chartnews) November 22, 2015
Billboard 200: #2(new) @onedirection, Made In The A.M. 459,000 (402,000 pure album sales).— Chart News (@chartnews) November 22, 2015
Justin had his highest opening week ever, with over 600k copies sold
One Direction gets the #2 with only 459k sold
1 racist white devil with bops > 4 racist white devils with 0 bops. sorry is the song of the century!
- she has been asked many questions about her size and weight,
- is a little annoyed that men do not get asked those questions as much,
- felt that people were surprised she was plus sized and successfull,
- she lost weight because of a really boring diet,
- she's on a diet to protect her voice.
For those who are following the ANTIdiaRy, which is the mysterious journey Rihanna is taking us on before her 8th album releases, the first room "R1"(which fans think symbols her first album) is now unlocked. For those who don't want to experience this amazing visual, this is Rihanna taking us on a journey of her life. The room 1 shows her as a little girl(a girly girl and a tomboy are inside the room) in Barbados. The little girl is singing with a hairbrush(Rihanna has mentioned before that her father caught her singing with a hairbrush as a child) and the tomboy is drawing pictures like the map of America and an airplane. There is also a diary on the bed that says "Dearest Robyn, theres gold in your voice. follow it. With Love, X.". Both kids then go under the covers and come out as an older girl who leaves the room. This is really cute and the visuals are STUNNING. I'm finally excited about this era and what she's going to share with her fans. This is definitely for the fans.There are more rooms to come soon(maybe within the week): Room 2 the "Studio", Room 3 the "Closet", Room 4 the "Tattoo Parlor"(fans are thinking this will be the darkest one for obvious reasons), Room 5 the "Gallary", Room 6 the "Shell", Room 7 the "Office", and the final one, the Room 8 the "ANTI Bedroom".
Go to antidiary.com on your mobile phone to experience it. Also, don't forget to tune into the AMAs tonight at 8 PM EST where Rihanna and Samsung will have something to share.
The Navy has been trying to figure out what Room 1 symbolizes. For those who care and likes riddles, what are your theories?