Articles on this Page
- 11/20/15--13:56: _John Legend: 'I had...
- 11/20/15--13:57: _Prince of Pop Adam ...
- 11/20/15--13:57: _Watch 'RuPaul's Dra...
- 11/20/15--14:16: _Jimmy Iovine (that ...
- 11/21/15--09:45: _Miley Cyrus Opens T...
- 11/21/15--09:56: _Beyonce & Jay Z att...
- 11/21/15--09:57: _One direction get G...
- 11/21/15--09:57: _New images of Emma ...
- 11/21/15--09:58: _New M.I.A. "Borders"
- 11/21/15--09:58: _RHONJ's Teresa Guid...
- 11/21/15--11:19: _Kylie Jenner is reb...
- 11/21/15--11:19: _Erykah Badu's inter...
- 11/21/15--11:26: _Adele set to break ...
- 11/21/15--11:28: _One Direction on Jo...
- 11/21/15--13:22: _Pearl Jam donates c...
- 11/21/15--13:23: _doctor who 9x11 promo
- 11/21/15--13:23: _Fifth Harmony colla...
- 11/21/15--15:00: _ Robin Wright & Man...
- 11/21/15--15:00: _Girl Meets World 2....
- 11/21/15--15:00: _ANDY COHEN visits R...
- 11/20/15--13:56: John Legend: 'I had to show ID to get in my own car'
- 11/20/15--13:57: Prince of Pop Adam Lambert Speaks on Islamophobia + Covers Magazine
- 11/21/15--09:45: Miley Cyrus Opens Tour Wearing Giant Prosthetic Penis & Fake Breasts
- 11/21/15--09:57: One direction get Grace Jones booted from the Jonathan Ross show
- 11/21/15--09:57: New images of Emma Watson and Daniel Bruhl in "Colonia" released
- 11/21/15--09:58: New M.I.A. "Borders"
- 11/21/15--11:19: Kylie Jenner is rebounding with A$AP Rocky
- 11/21/15--11:19: Erykah Badu's interview with Sway
- 11/21/15--11:26: Adele set to break N'Sync's record
- 11/21/15--11:28: One Direction on Jonathan Ross show!
- 11/21/15--13:22: Pearl Jam donates concert proceeds to Brazil mine victims
- 11/21/15--13:23: doctor who 9x11 promo
- 11/21/15--13:23: Fifth Harmony collaborates with Colombian papi
- 11/21/15--15:00: Robin Wright & Many More Join The Cast Of 'Wonder Woman'
- 11/21/15--15:00: ANDY COHEN visits Real Time with Bill Maher
In an interview with USA TODAY, John Legend opens up about racism and anti-blackness issues in the US. The artist was recently part of the Shining A Light: A Concert for Progress on Race in America event in Los Angeles.
Q: How do you think the history of race relations in the U.S. has shaped the current racial climate?
A: This nation was founded with slavery as an integral part of the economy and the legal structure and the society, and we've never been able to shake the problem of race and racism since then. And, you know, every time people say we're in a post-racial era, reality comes and kind of shows them that we're not. And a lot of times, I feel like we don't want to deal with the root issues — what centuries of slavery and decades of segregation in housing and schools and decades of unequal treatment by the justice system has done.
Q: You've spoken about how racism is codified on an institutional level, but was there a point where you experienced discrimination on an individual level?
A: (In college) I used to get asked to show my ID to get in my car because they suspected I might be trying to steal my own car. And to me, in the story of my life, that's a minor thing, but for some people that interaction goes wrong and you read about them on the news. And the fact that black men have to deal with that level of suspicion at all times, no matter if they're Ivy League or what — you know I'm an Ivy League student going to school in West Philadelphia and they treat me like a criminal. That level of suspicion that's attached to all of us because of our skin color is a heavy burden to carry all the time. And because of that, there's often a lot of mistrust and there's a lot of resentment that we see boil over sometimes into these uprisings.
You can read the rest of the interview at the source.
omg I think I sent the last one without tags so...fourth time's a charm, mods?
Islamophobia. Please don't generalize about Muslims. It's grossly ignorant. This is the hate ISIS wants to create. Don't let them win. Think— ADAM LAMBERT (@adamlambert) November 20, 2015
I don't usually comment on political issues, but what I have been seeing in the press from our own leaders is scaring the shit out of me.— ADAM LAMBERT (@adamlambert) November 20, 2015
SOURCE, 2, 3
Fan fic post!
After trying tarnish and explain Ava Duvernay's fabulous Apple Music ad in the most idiotic way possible,Iovine gave an apologetic statement saying,"We created Apple Music to make finding the right music easier for everyone -- men and women, young and old. Our new ad focuses on women, which is why I answered the way I did, but of course the same applies equally for men. I could have chosen my words better, and I apologize."
Gayle King, whom hosted the original interview in CBS This Morning, defended his comments:
"I feel so badly about this because we called Jimmy Iovine to unveil the commercial here and we were all sitting at the table and it's just hurtful I think that something he said is so taken out of context, because when you see the whole interview, that's not at all the case ... I get the point that he was making," said King. "Those of us who know him know that the last thing he is is sexist."
God, do I hate people who say "Those who actually know X would realize he's not actually sexist/racist/apiece of shit".
Miley Cyrus opened her Dead Petz tour in Chicago on Thursday. She sang 20 songs and had a lot of costume changes.
sun outfit w moonboots
stick of butter outfit
Review & Pictures at the last two sources
Bey and jay are the show tonight pic.twitter.com/2XBUViu2nK— Joanna (@PieceofBritney) November 21, 2015
They must want something. Tidal related?
Britney did a cute little cameo at Latin Grammy's
Full version of Britney's cameo at the Latin Grammys pic.twitter.com/uqOSW2WnPv— Joanna (@PieceofBritney) November 20, 2015
Timbaland talks about the inspiration behind Timberlake's Cry Me A River (again)
And finally this cute little blooper at her show where she misheard a fan's name and calls him Horrendo (horrendous in Spanish) instead of Roberto.
Grace Jones was booked to appear with them on the Jonathan Ross show, but 1D arranged to have her appearance cancelled.
Apparently 1D feared they would "look tame in comparison," a TV insider said. Apparently the 67 year old legend was not happy with her treatment and felt “it showed a complete lack of respect” from 1D.
Instead of Grace, British comic Michael McIntyre joined One Direction. However another source says was a choice made by management not the bandmembers and was purely for practicial reasons.
“Jonathan’s show was going to be a 1D special, with room for one guest, and management felt it was appropriate someone they were friends with should appear alongside them,".
do you think these 4 racist bowls of oatmeal would do that? have you ever written any fanfic, ONTD?
The trailer for Colonia was released a few months ago:
You guys should read some of the reviews for this movie from TIFF. They're hysterical, the critics dragged this movie to the hell and back.
- The book will come out in Feb 9, 2016
- From the press release, the book will be about "memorable moments of her prison stay, including the cringe-inducing fistfights she witnessed, the awkward conundrum of being trapped when a fellow inmate had a…guest…over, and the strength she found while confined between four concrete walls"
Kylie Jenner -- I Need to Start Dating A$AP https://t.co/0gNLIJWbpi— TMZ (@TMZ) November 21, 2015
TMZ caught Kylie and A$AP Rocky leaving a club together last night.
You can watch the video at the source
- promotes Soul Train Awards
- Sway falls under ha spell
- doesn't have a nightmare industry story; record label was always supportive of her
- mixtape 'But You Can't Use My Phone' (due Nov. 27th) influenced by her surroundings: "My music sounds like a mirror."
- cranberry juice is a must for a sweet smelling box like hers
- have to know the password to get into the Badu Box™
- is a doula, helped birth 40 babies, stays in contact with the families/babies and they call her "Badoula"
- Seven (child w/ Andre 3000) just turned 18
- says when nudity is involved in art, people assume its for male consumption and the message gets lost
her voice is so soothing
Adele's '25' Set to Break One-Week U.S. Album Sales Record; Sold Over 900K at iTunes First Day https://t.co/X7BL0V6XAW— billboardbiz (@billboardbiz) November 21, 2015
She sold 900K on iTunes alone in 24 hours. Amazon reported 100K+ preorders, who knows what's happening on Google Play, plus physical copies, she most likely broke Britney's record on the first day
Harry being the king
"Accidents take lives and destroy rivers. And yet they were able to profit from it. We expect them to be punished, severely punished and increasingly punished. So they never forget the disaster caused by them," Vedder said in Portuguese. VIDEO AT THE SOURCE.
He said the band would donate the proceeds from their concert in Belo Horizonte to the victims of this environmental disaster.*
They also played ‘I Want You so Hard’ by Eagles of Death Metal, in memory of the victims from the attacks in Paris.
* He was referring to the collapse of two mining dams in Brazil’s mineral-rich state of Minas Gerais. The town of Bento Rodrigues was swept away by 50m cubic metres of toxic mud and now around 750 people are homeless, 8 are dead, 11 are still missing. Already the lack of oxygen and high temperatures caused by the pollutants has killed off much of the aquatic life along a 500km stretch of the river. The mudslide is expected to reach the Atlantic soon (btw, Minas Gerais is not a state on the coast, so yeah, the damage is going looong ways). More here
Sourcein portuguese and source 2 (in english)
what a fun and non devastating episode :)
Lauren's part @ 1:14 fucking slays!! Normani's part @1:20, Dinally @ 1:25 omgg slayed. caMOOla sux. they need to make more music like this!!
The film also stars Chris Pine (the “Star Trek” films) as Captain Steve Trevor, Robin Wright (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” Netflix’s “House of Cards”), Danny Huston (“Clash of the Titans,” “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”), David Thewlis (the “Harry Potter” films, “The Theory of Everything”), Ewen Bremner (“Exodus: Gods and Kings,” “Snowpiercer”), Saïd Taghmaoui (“American Hustle”), Elena Anaya (“The Skin I Live In”) and Lucy Davis (“Shaun of the Dead”).
but what about Eva Green????
Bill makes unfortunate Marcus Bachmann joke towards Andy that comes off awkward than funny.
They also discuss Charlie Sheen's HIV status.