Articles on this Page
- 10/17/15--08:53: _Jessica Chastain wa...
- 10/17/15--09:20: _The Beginner's Guid...
- 10/17/15--10:35: _stranger to brody j...
- 10/17/15--10:36: _Marvel releases upc...
- 10/17/15--14:22: _Updated Oscar Predi...
- 10/17/15--14:22: _Tragic Commercials ...
- 10/17/15--14:23: _5 SOS Respond To Bi...
- 10/17/15--16:16: _ONTD Original: Five...
- 10/17/15--16:42: _Bey & Blue Go See J...
- 10/17/15--16:42: _Bieber and Gomez ju...
- 10/17/15--17:07: _#TeamCarter beats #...
- 10/17/15--18:50: _Todrick Hall made a...
- 10/17/15--19:02: _HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMIN...
- 10/17/15--19:57: _Britney Suffers Wa...
- 10/17/15--19:57: _J.K. Rowling reveal...
- 10/17/15--20:28: _Tracy Morgan hosts ...
- 10/17/15--20:48: _Does One Direction ...
- 10/18/15--00:06: _Gwen Drags Gavin in...
- 10/18/15--06:26: _You can now rent Da...
- 10/18/15--06:50: _Chris Martin and Pe...
- 10/17/15--09:20: The Beginner's Guide: A game about depression and anxiety
- 10/17/15--10:35: stranger to brody jenner: "is caitlyn yo daddy?"
- 10/17/15--10:36: Marvel releases upcoming cover with Captain America and Thor kissing
- 10/17/15--14:22: Updated Oscar Predictions
- 10/17/15--14:22: Tragic Commercials Featuring Famous Singers
- 10/17/15--14:23: 5 SOS Respond To Bitter Journalist Who Attacked Them Online
- 10/17/15--16:16: ONTD Original: Five Scottish acts you should be listening to
- 10/17/15--16:42: Bey & Blue Go See Janet + Janet Sneak Surprises Fans
- 10/17/15--16:42: Bieber and Gomez just dropped a track
- 10/17/15--17:07: #TeamCarter beats #TeamShield in Charity "Dubsmash Wars" Competition
- 10/17/15--18:50: Todrick Hall made a Hocus Pocus parody
- 10/17/15--19:02: HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMINEM!!!!!!
- 10/17/15--19:57: Britney Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction Onstage
- 10/17/15--19:57: J.K. Rowling reveals her favourite Harry Potter chapter
- 10/17/15--20:28: Tracy Morgan hosts SNL tonight.
- 10/17/15--20:48: Does One Direction have a Lawsuit Coming Their Way?
- 10/18/15--00:06: Gwen Drags Gavin in New Single "Used to Love You"
The Beginner's Guide is a narrative video game by Davey Wreden, also known as the creator of The Stanley Parable. TSP was praised for being an incredibly experimental and though-provoking game by critics. Back to the The Beginner's Guide, however. It lasts about an hour and a half and what makes it so interesting is that it has absolutely zero objectives or goals. Instead it tells us the story of a person struggling to deal with something they do not understand.
The game was released the 1st of October and has managed to render even the loudest LP-ers (i.e. jacksepticeye) speechless.
I decided to add this in for anyone who can't buy it right now but would still like to have a look! Though, I do recommend buying it if you're interested. And if so, I think it's best to start the game without any spoilers but that's completely up to you. I should also mention that it can be very hard-hitting for some people.
I picked this LP in particular because he, MrKravin, does a full and clean playthrough of it and gives his thoughts throughout the game and also addresses his own personal struggles at the end. You can tell that the game really calls up a lot of feelings for whoever plays it.
Source @ Steam, Source 2
this is my first post here and it is of a game that came out 16 days ago. yikes. i'm sorry if i did something wrong or if this is too late. ): but i can explain the tardiness!! i actually hadn't heard of the game til a friend told me about it like a week back. so i played it 2 days ago and i haven't had a game get emotions like these out of me in ages. it brought me way back. i thought i'd share it here because it's definitely an experience like no other. and this seems like the perfect opportunity for the next;
so, ONTD, how have you been?
Caption: Hanging with my homey @mdeichl at Walgreens trying to figure out what whack ass glasses fit on his face and then this shit happens. #typical #itiswhatitis
Marvel has a released a cover for an upcoming comic book which show the two superheroes kissing.
1. “The Revenant” (20th Century Fox)
2. “Spotlight” (Open Road Films)
3. “Steve Jobs” (Universal Pictures)
4. “Bridge of Spies” (Walt Disney Pictures)
5. “Room” (A24)
6. “The Danish Girl” (Focus Features)
7. “Brooklyn” (Fox Searchlight Pictures)
1. Alejandro G. Iñárritu (“The Revenant”)
2. Thomas McCarthy (“Spotlight”)
3. Danny Boyle (“Steve Jobs”)
4. Steven Spielberg (“Bridge of Spies”)
5. Lenny Abrahamson (“Room”)
Best Original Song
1. “One Kind of Love” from “Love & Mercy” (Brian Wilson)
2. “Til It Happens To You” from “The Hunting Ground” (Lady Gaga)
3. “Simple Song #3” from “Youth” (???)
4. “Hands of Love” from “Freeheld” (
5. “So Long” from “Concussion” (???)
1. “The Revenant” (Emmanuel Lubezki)
2. “The Hateful Eight” (Robert Richardson)
3. “Sicario” (Roger Deakins)
4. “Mad Max: Fury Road” (John Seale)
5. “The Danish Girl” (Danny Cohen)
Best Foreign Language Film
1. “Son of Saul” (Hungary, Lázló Nemes)
2. “Mustang” (France, Deniz Gamze Ergüven)
3. “Labyrinth of Lies” (Germany, Giulio Ricciarelli)
4. “Rams” (Iceland, Grímur Hákonarson)
5. “Viva” (Ireland, Paddy Breathnach)
more categories @ variety (click on 'full list' to see the updates)
I did not create this list.
Game of War ft. Mariah Carey
Burger King ft. Mary J. Blige
Popchips ft. Katy Perry (Katy Perry & the Popcats)
MORE at the SOURCE
What are your favorite commercials with celebs, ONTD?
5 Seconds of Summer drummer Ashton responded via interview to a recent Twitter tirade about them by a known music journalist.
- The journalist started a twitter tirade on them, said the band is destroying the reputation of Australia worldwide
- In an interview Ashton responded to it and said, “It says we’re ‘not cool enough’… I mean, what is that? What is that culture of judgment? I think that’s b***s***. I couldn't give a f*** [ if we're cool enough]"
- Some stats so far: their debut album sold over 3 million, and their last world tour was about 1.2 million tickets sold, their current unreleased [Oct 23] album is #1 in 50 countries.
- Their manager said, "We’ve got all these amazing statistics we can reel off to make people pay attention, but the figures just don’t hit home with some people.Some listeners are determined not to like the boys.” in regards to some of the unneccessary hate the boys get.
their album leaked... you all should really give it a listen, the songs you heard so far are crap compared to the album
Franz Ferdinand, Camera Obscura, Biffy Clyro, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Belle & Sebastian, Mogwai, Boards of Canada; all wonderful musicians, who all hail from the same place - Scotland! While I could go on about how many great bands have come from here, today, instead, let's shine some light on a few, more current, acts who may not be well recognized outside of Scotland or the UK (or those who are, but you still should listen to them anyway if not!). Anyway, let's begin!
Young Fathers are a pop and hip-hop group who formed in Edinburgh in 2008. The trio behind Young Fathers - Alloysious Massaquoi, Kayus Bankole, and "G" Hastings - find influences from their mixed unbringings, everywhere from Nigeria, Liberia, Maryland, and Edinburgh itself. In 2014, their debut "Dead" was released, which went on to win the prestigious Mercury Prize. This year, they released their second album "White Men Are Black Men Too" to universal critical acclaim.
The band behind the hit "The Mother We Share" are worth listening to beyond one song. Chvrches are a female-fronted electronic band from Glasgow. Formed in 2011, Chvrches has received both a lot of commercial and critical success in just four years. With lyrics are sharp and melancholy as their staccato keyboards and smooth synths, Chvrches are both clever and catchy - a rare combination.
We Were Promised Jetpacks
If you're more of the sad indie rock persuasion, WWPJP is a great band for you. WWPJP were formed in Edinburgh in 2003, and are label mates with other Scottish rock bands such as Biffy Clyro. Like the other bands on this list, WWPJP have received a lot of critical success, though aren't as commerical or mainstream as more pop-based acts. If you like heavy guitar-based songs with emotional, punchy lyrics, you should definitely check them out.
There is no doubt in my mind that you've (probably) heard a Paolo Nutini song. From the infectious "Jenny Don't Be Hasty" or mellow "Last Request" and "Candy", he's had a few hits in his time (though he's not a big name on the charts). While you may have heard these songs, have you ever sat down and listened to an album of his? No? Then do so! From acoustic songwriting ("These Streets", to soulful up-tempo jazz-pop ("Sunny Side Up"), to funk ("Caustic Love"), Paolo has covered a lot of sonic ground. There's no song that I could choose to represent his music as a whole so I just chose one of the singles off his latest album. Paolo Nutini is one of Scotland's most successful current acts, and he's also ridiculously talented and fine as fuq.
Frightened Rabbit are also an indie-rock band, hailing from Selkirk. They are labelmates with other Scottish rock bands like We Were Promised Jetpacks, but are less heavy are more sonically traditional. The band currently have four albums, all which have been critical successes. For those who are a fan of rock and indie, Frightened Rabbit hit all the right notes - good lyrics, catchy choruses, great beats, and a large range of songs to listen to.
one, two, three, four, five.
Beyonce and Blue Ivy saw Janet's Unbreakable concert in Inglewood, CA on Oct 16th.
Janet Pretended to Be a Statue in Her VIP Tour Museum to Greet Fans
It was just played on OVO radio
You can listen to it a the source
• Hayley Atwell and James D'Arcy's "Team Carter" (the cast and crew of Agent Carter) raised $79,259 for Stomp Out Bullying, beating out Clark Gregg and Chloe Bennet's "Team Shield" (the cast and crew of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), who raised $75,182 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Altogether, $154,441 was donated.
• The contest consisted of 3 rounds of Dubsmash videos created by each team, with fans voting for their winning team by donating money to charity. Every $1 donated also acted as an entry to win a meeting with Hayley, Clark, James and Chloe.
• According to the rules, "Team Shield" will now donate an extra $2,000 to "Team Carter"'s preferred charity and perform a Dubsmash video as instructed by the winning team.
• Hayley and Clark will face off on Lip Sync Battle when the Spike TV show returns in 2016.
Todrick Hall, renouned American Idol auditioner and MTV act, has blessed us with yet another parody. This time it's a take on cult movie Hocus Pocus. Previous parodies include Mean Girls, Beauty and the Beast, Mean Girls and Beauty and the Beast.
ONTD, have you ever dealt with self-hatred?
USA today gives 5 fun facts about the birthday boy!
Favorite Eminem song or event ontd?
ps: I made a 43 random facts post about him but it was not allowed cuz it was too long :( But I thought this was cute!
Last night at her "Piece Of Me" concert, the Pop princess almost lose her outfit during the wold performance of her hit "3" but Britney handles a wardrobe malfunction like the pro she is.
A fan recently asked, "@jk_rowling If you had to choose one chapter from the entire HP series as your favourite, what would you choose?" and JKR replied:
Chapter 34 Deathly Hallows 'The Forest Again' https://t.co/DniVfbTjKT— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) October 17, 2015
This chapter apparently made another fan (and JKR) bawl:
So did I, but it was the culmination of 17 years' work and the most cathartic piece of writing of my life. https://t.co/XG0srTyVIE— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) October 17, 2015
Scotland will face Australia in this Sunday's Rugby World Cup quarter-final match. @calicefogo informed JKR that "Brazil will be supporting Scotland for tomorrow's game".
Yet another reason to love Brazil! https://t.co/VuNEWRX10I— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) October 17, 2015
Source 1, 2, 3
In other book news, Robert Galbraith's third novel "Career of Evil" will be published on October 20 in the US and October 22 in the UK. So ONTD, what is your fave (or least fave) Harry Potter chapter?
SNL viewing post.
Demi Lovato performs.
As if there were any doubts that the new One Direction song was Harry's response to Taylor Swift-- get ready for this:
Someone on the interwebs layered 1D's "Perfect" and Swift's "Style" on top of one another.
And they mash-up freaskihly well.
So the question now is-- will Taylor Swift sue? The singer is *ALLEGEDLY* infamous for being quick to remove any content she considers to be "infringing" off the internet (SO LISTEN TO THE MASH-UP WHILE YOU CAN!!), so it would be no surprise if she took legal action against the boy group for pulling a Katy Perry on her *ALLEGEDLY*.
ONTD, HAVE YOU EVER REACHED OUT TO AN EX VIA SONG?
Source: 1& me and my bike.
The best Gwen is a heartbroken Gwen. She used her breakup with bandmate Tony Kanal as inspiration for breakout hit “Don’t Speak.” And, years later, a temporary breakup with Gavin Rossdale fueled the brilliant Return of Saturn. But Gavin and Gwen got back together and made it work for over a decade. Her sugary music during their marriage left a lot to be desired (“Hollaback Girl” will forever be a bop though).
When news broke that Gwen and Gavin filed for divorce, the selfish music fan in me wondered whether the raw emotion from that experience might reinvigorate Gwen’s music. If new single “Used To Love You” is any indication, yes. Yes, it will.
Listen as Gwen yells “I used to love you!” with the same lovelorn passion she had back in the ’90s.
The Soho apartment was bought for $4.3 million and has 2 bedrooms and 2 and a half baths and is 1800 sq ft.
Apparently Danrad barely lived here, as he prefers the West Village location more. Danrad has a $5.65 million house in the West Village.